Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 (2034 Views)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros / How Buhari Can Crash The Dollar/naira Disparity- Ifeanyi Ubah / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ayus34(m): 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
Its really a difficult time for must Nigeria business people,especially the importers who deals on exchange almost daily to import goods to the country, with daily dollar transaction.
As an experienced importer and enterpreneur that is also a victim of this dollar crunch, I'm ready to share with the house on how we restructure and business to surmount the challenges.

This is the time for nigerians to begin to see opportunities in our adversities and its a challenge to the youths,to bring their creativity into bear and turn into valuable products or services for global consumption....and this is the best way to diversify the Nigeria economy.
Let me use an example of a Nigerian that produces a particular product when a 1USD =180naira and exported it out of the country and assuming the same producer is still into business and he exported same product out of the country today when 1USD is now =280, it shows the same man is 100naira richer.....this shows that if our nation where to be more of export driven nation, we would have been better of today. So the solution to this whole problem as of today think more of a local product that will be made available for global consumption,and also reduce our appetite for foreign goods consumption to encourage home grown product for global dominance.

So many products and business we can venture into in the new year,to help secure our financial freedom, and contribute to the economy success of the nation in building the GDP base.........its a fact that prosperous citizens will transform to a prosperous nation.

I will decidate this thread towards answering to questions of people who want to get things done and also want to share from our experience, will as well take my time to give practical solutions/answers and open our eyes to opportunities that abound for us to tapp from.
I believe Nigeria problem need Nigeria solutions and together will can climb the ladder of success in the new year.
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Pavore9: 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
I share your thought, export is the way to go. My brother who is locally producing his products in Lagos would begin exporting his stuff to East Africa in the next 2 weeks and that will be earning him good dollar inflow into his domiciliary account.
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ayus34(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
Pavore9:
I share your thought, export is the way to go. My brother who is locally producing his products in Lagos would begin exporting his stuff to East Africa in the next 2 weeks and that will be earning him good dollar inflow into his domiciliary account.
Bro I'm happy for ur brother and that's a smart move, and hope u are following in his direction?
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by AmeLonRo(m): 1:18am On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:

But can one withdraw from his domiciliary account in dollar or pound in Nigerian banks?
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Pavore9: 3:41am On Jan 03, 2016
AmeLonRo:

But can one withdraw from his domiciliary account in dollar or pound in Nigerian banks?
Of course one can as it is an inflow electronically sent.
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Pavore9: 3:59am On Jan 03, 2016
Ayus34:

Bro I'm happy for ur brother and that's a smart move, and hope u are following in his direction?
We are in it together as l will see to marketing here & transfer of proceeds back home to his dom account.
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ayus34(m): 5:34am On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:
We are in it together as l will see to marketing here & transfer of proceeds back home to his dom account.
That's really good, 2016 is our year bro....we also working vigorously on selling more of our product outside the country, for foreign exchange
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by 1miccza: 7:05am On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:

Bros what if i don't have a domicilliary account??
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by 1miccza: 7:07am On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:

After the visit and necessary moves can i count on you for the marketing from your end?
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by signz: 9:36am On Jan 03, 2016
Exportation is very good. But the know how is where the problem lies.

We've received importation trainings here in NL from people who actually import things. But I'm yet to see a true exporter here or in real life apart from maybe Multi millionaires with huge capital war chest. Just like Ymodulus & Co helped many pple here with import business, we need pple with hands on experience to teach us about export biz and not information marketers/bloggers angry

Sometime 2015 I read that EU placed a ban on our agro products. Has the ban been lifted?

1 Like

Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ymodulus: 9:41am On Jan 03, 2016
signz:
Exportation is very good. But the know how is where the problem lies.

We've received importation trainings here in NL from people who actually import things. But I'm yet to see a true exporter here or in real life apart from maybe Multi millionaires with huge capital war chest. Just like Ymodulus & Co helped many pple here with import business, we need pple with hands on experience to teach us about export biz and not information marketers/bloggers angry

Sometime 2015 I read that EU placed a ban on our agro products. Has the ban been lifted?

The problem is that we kill ourselves when you go to export, some fees you pay are not helping matters. Structures on ground are also not encouraging. Though some people still export though.

If you know Jebba - ilorin road close to old Peugeot office ( abandoned now ) those charcoal you see there are all been exported.

I will be traveling next week around that area will stop and make some findings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by signz: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:

The problem is that we kill ourselves when you go to export, [/b]some fees you pay are not helping matters[b]. Structures on ground are also not encouraging. Though some people still export though.

If you know Jebba - ilorin road close to old Peugeot office ( abandoned now ) those charcoal you see there are all been exported.

I will be traveling next week around that area will stop and make some findings.

I think Buhari administration should do as the new Argentine President did by reducing export taxes ASAP.

I just saw something, though it's not yet confirmed that banks will automatically change FX currencies in your domiciliary account to Naira without your consent.
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ayus34(m): 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:
Good, will not also mind partnering on marketing our products aswell.....will also be glad to know d country u reside, if u won't mind?
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ayus34(m): 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
signz:

I think Buhari administration should do as the new Argentine President did by reducing export taxes ASAP.

I just saw something, though it's not yet confirmed that banks will automatically change FX currencies in your domiciliary account to Naira without your consent.
That's a critical area the govt must look into,to drive foreign exchange and drive revenue
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Pavore9: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ayus34:

Good, will not also mind partnering on marketing our products aswell.....will also be glad to know d country u reside, if u won't mind?

Kenya.
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ayus34(m): 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:

Kenya.
Ohk....that's one country that Nigeria product sells more in Africa as well....thinking if our natural honey product can sell over there....properly packaged and 100% original
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Pavore9: 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ayus34:

Ohk....that's one country that Nigeria product sells more in Africa as well....thinking if our natural honey product can sell over there....properly packaged and 100% original

So many brands of well packaged pure honey abounds here.
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ayus34(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:

Yea u are right u can decide to go into any packaging,ur business model, strategy, value etc will differentiate you and ur product from the rest, no new business but we keep seeing new brands daily
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Ayus34(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:

Hope u ve seen a well packaged picked beans, or powdered one, the only different is the package and presentation,no sky rocket technology involve....and its fast selling to millions of consumers home and abroad.
Re: How To Survive The Dollar Crises In 2016 by Pavore9: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ayus34:

Hope u ve seen a well packaged picked beans, or powdered one, the only different is the package and presentation,no sky rocket technology involve....and its fast selling to millions of consumers home and abroad.

Most of the things regarding food from Nigeria and even fabrics in Nairobi is the forte of a Nigerian called Paulina George, she has anout 4-5 outlets around town!

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Supply Waste Papers To Waste Paper Recycling Companies In Nigeria. / How To Make #150,000 Above Selling Mobile Phone Accessories In Nigeria / New Celtel Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.