Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

New Celtel Advert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Celtel Advert (2033 Views)

Pls Goood Site Where I Can Print Mtn,celtel And Glo At The Chespest Rate / Celtel's Recharge Cards Foil, Tough To Scrach / Celtel Sme Seminar: The High Point Of The Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Celtel Advert by wisemikky(m): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2007
hey guys,
recently we are being bombarded every minute with different kinds of advert or the other. If it's not one of the new generation banks showing off their prowress, it's group of passengers in a bus annoyingly displaying the new naira notes, which as must of us would have correctly predicted, are still very much abused by some of our fellow compatriots especially our market women and bus conductors - who disgustfully squeeze these notes as if their lives depended on it.

but my major concern is centred on the recent celtel advert which most of us are very much aware, was not made here in Naija, instead they took it all the way to south africa. The most annoying part was that they thought they've had all Nigerians fooled by showing us live pictures of people with closed lips and a narrator (in broken English) at the background, to me, that was so annoying, is it that there are no capable hands here in Nigeria that can do a more excellent work. We prefer stuffs when they are foreign. A nigerian and a Labanesse walks into an office for a job, just because the Nigerian is black skinned and the supposedly labaneese is white skinned and least qualified, he gets the job. Ha ba! Nigerians,what the hell is going on?
Re: New Celtel Advert by globalaid(m): 2:47am On Mar 26, 2007
where and how advertisement is made is not suppose to be an issue but the message is what is important. at this age and time when world is now a global village you are still saying everything should be done in nigeria, grow up man
Re: New Celtel Advert by naijacutee(f): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2007
I kind of agree with the OP, especially about Nigerians preferring to employ "white" (lebanese, indians, chinese, mixed race or even anyone with a foreign accent) people when there are people at home who are even more than capable of doing the job.

However, there may be more reasons the advertiser may have had for shooting the advert in South-Africa. He might be trying to establish a presence there, a relationship with an organisation or it may be beneficial to him in other ways in the long run.
Re: New Celtel Advert by Maneater1(f): 10:59am On Mar 26, 2007
There are alot of ads that are not shot in nigeria.

cocacola, fanta, always, bank phb, omo, and several others.

Most times its becos we dont have the right cameras and eqipment here in nigeria, as u can tell the quality is much better than most locally produced ads.

And a company like celtel is present in several african countries and they all view the same commercial. If its done in nigeria nxt, it will also be seen in other african countries.

During my uni days i did a bit of modelling and for the coke and fanta billboards, models were flown to south afrca to shoot.
Re: New Celtel Advert by naijagal(f): 11:20am On Mar 26, 2007
my main problem with d celtel adverts is dat 4 adverts shot outside nigeria they are nothing to write home about tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: New Celtel Advert by krysto(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2007
its time we should wake up from hang over of skin colour and face the reality of what we can offer to empower nigerian youths from unemployment.else, man must survive by all means,which might affect all of us. As for advert,companies should pls look inward.
Re: New Celtel Advert by samyyoung1(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2007
dont really seem to understand CELTEL nowadays o,
Re: New Celtel Advert by Mystique(f): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2007
I dont understand d latest celtel ad myself, just doesnt seem to make any sense, and wats wit d talking with closed mouths?? were they supposed to be communicating telepathically? i tire for dem jare. . . undecided
Re: New Celtel Advert by wisemikky(m): 5:50am On Mar 27, 2007
globalaid,
I mean no disrespect but next time, try reading between the lines. i never insinuated that all adverts be done here in Nigeria, but only pointed out a thorn in some of our fleshes here at home, besides everyone wants quality services or presentation when it comes to marketing.
i haven't neglected the fact that there are decays in our home-based goods (-- like the usual makosa-like adverts done by Nigerians for Nigerians) what i did was to point out a statement of fact. i am a programmer and i never invest my time criticising issues unless it's a badly coded segments of code fraught with bugs shocked
Re: New Celtel Advert by nyta(f): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2007
descrimination has been an all time phenomenum in nigeria, i believe there has to be a legislation to that effect. if a business or company thinks nigeria is a viable ground for business.then it must be able to settle with nigerian on that level.
Re: New Celtel Advert by spora(m): 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2007
The problems we have has to do with our government. The GSM operators used to print the Recharge Card, yes, ordinary recharge card abroad, until government banned it. I dont agree that the issue is lack of adequate equipment. Government should wake up to its responsibilities. I mean, these companies can't compare what they make in Nigeria to what they make in their native African countries.

Look at what happen with DStv of a thing where they have the licence to transmit Premiership to African counties including Nigeria. But when the Minister of Information woke up, he took it upon himself and from next season local operators will transmit the matches. These are what we want from our goverment, not Ghana must Go bag, not PTDF stuff
Re: New Celtel Advert by kq(m): 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2007
well i feel where the advert is made is not the issue but what bothers me about celtel is that there adverts are really not interesting compared to their competitiors i mean there adverts are really not motivating. look @ the MTN one of the baby getting to walk introducing 0703 and not to talk GLOs series made in Nigeria adverts i mean celtel is no where to be found compared with the others
Re: New Celtel Advert by bibilari(f): 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2007
I just think you pple have bad Belle fro CELTEL, i would rather stick to service than adverts.
Re: New Celtel Advert by LoverBwoy(m): 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2007
We prefer stuffs when they are foreign

so why are you complaining?

what are the advert association doing about it? i think at the end of the day the company has the right to do the advert where ever they want. there are some adverts abroad that dont make sense too, so whats the big deal?

what if a nigerian agency picked south africa as the "location" undecided
Re: New Celtel Advert by topkin(m): 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2007
I agree govt. has to wake up to its responsibilities. For crying out loud we can measure up to international standards in anything. We just av 2 bliv in ourselves!!!
Re: New Celtel Advert by enough: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2007
i dont think it really matters where the adverts are shot,what matters is that they make sense and provide good service to thier subscribers.We want them to give MTN and GLO a run for thier money.

(1) (Reply)

Any Ideas On What Biz Can I Do With Van + N200,000. / How To Browse Free With Your Airtel Sim[is It Still Working]? / Fly Ash Brick Plant Supplier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.