Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,117 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight (38445 Views)

Breaking: FG Removes Subsidy, Fuel To Sell For 145 Per Ltr / Photos: WHO Officially Removes Nigeria From The List Of Polio Endemic Countries / Spotlight On Wike’s Endless Search For Prayers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by tinktanker: 10:33am On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

Keep living in the past. GEJ that couldn't manage surplus cannot be trusted with subsidy removal. Where are the palleatives promised on the partial removal called SUREP?

@ the topic, I hope this is correct. It is good news especially now that crude price has tumbled. Just as the president said in the media chat, no one will be subsidizing anyone with the current global crude price. And by the time our refineries start to work optimally, subsidy will not even be in the equation even if crude price goes up later.
the blind and gullible APC bat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by tinktanker: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2016
Dis is a case of the blind lead the blind. Yet dey kick push n follow. Apc bats

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 03, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Liar! Liar!!
In Delta State, I bought petrol @N140/litre.
In Bayelsa State, @N140/litre.
In Imo State, N130/litre.
In Rivers, N130/litre.
In Enugu, N140/litre

All these between 25/12/2015 and 2/1/2016. Please, where is your village?

SEEMS YOU ARE A FUEL TOURIST grin

5 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2016
tinktanker:
Dis is a case of the blind lead the blind. Yet dey kick push n follow. Apc bats

Understanding is really an issue.

He said with "Ceteris Paribus" (all things being equal).... Haba...

2 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by tete7000(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2016
Subsidy has not been removed. It is just that with the current regulated price, it is not been incurred. When the price goes up and this current price is maintained, it will be incurred again and government will bear it. For now let government enjoy some respite while they save the excess for days when subsidy comes back to hurt them. We operate a regulated price regime and as long as you have that, you have subsidy.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by anonimi: 10:42am On Jan 03, 2016
abduljabbar4:
Dont mind him. Gej not only wanted to steal the money but was planning to make petrol N165 per litre!!

Stop your LIES already.
Did Obasanjo fix prices of SIM cards, airtime, handset etc when he DEREGULATED the mobile phone services in 2000?
Or show us newspaper clips of your N165 if you are not a confirmed LIAR.

Meanwhile the deregulation was a decision of the 36 governors and the federal government in 2011 after the scam of the CABAL Jonathan inherited from Obasanjo and Yar'Adua

Fuel Subsidy Scam: Senate Releases Names Of Cabal
DEC 02, 2011

Oando Oil, CONOIL, African Petroleum and MRS Oil are among the powerful players in the petroleum sector that have shared over N3.655 trillion between 2006 and September 2011 in pursuit of importation of refined petroleum products.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2011/12/02/fuel-subsidy-scam-senate-releases-names-cabal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606894_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011a_jpeg6748eb4f9a141d76e28ef74b183cd193
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by grandlexuz(m): 10:44am On Jan 03, 2016
lordtriplee:
Problem is

Nigerians are not informed.

Crude prices goes up, fuel prices will go up.

Crude prices drop, fuel prices drop.

I am buying a barrel for 30usd vs 130 usd last year.

One will be cheaper. With the dwindling oil prices globally, the fuel price could be a lot cheaper.

Says who During the hike in oil price period a liter of petrol was sold at 200 N equivalent in my country Cameroon. Crude oil prices have more than halved and a liter is now 225N equivalent as I write this. I think they are other factors that affect prices at the pump. If it were not so, then the pump price would have halved worldwide. However like I mentioned it has increased in my country.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

Keep living in the past. GEJ that couldn't manage surplus cannot be trusted with subsidy removal. Where are the palleatives promised on the partial removal called SUREP?

@ the topic, I hope this is correct. It is good news especially now that crude price has tumbled. Just as the president said in the media chat, no one will be subsidizing anyone with the current global crude price. And by the time our refineries start to work optimally, subsidy will not even be in the equation even if crude price goes up later.
the fart from your yarnsh sounds better than the CUNTent of your brain.

3 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by anonimi: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2016
grandlexuz:
Says who During the hike in oil price period a liter of petrol was sold at 200 N equivalent in my country Cameroon. Crude oil prices have more than halved and a liter is now 225N equivalent as I write this. I think they are other factors that affect prices at the pump. If it were not so, then the pump price would have halved worldwide. However like I mentioned it has increased in my country.

Oga, please check the price in US since crude prices crashed then come back to update your post.
Thanks

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/ngpqy14me9hk5qty8uc53ap8iowc4elq1111115[/img]

2 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by adanny01(m): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Liar! Liar!!
In Delta State, I bought petrol @N140/litre.
In Bayelsa State, @N140/litre.
In Imo State, N130/litre.
In Rivers, N130/litre.
In Enugu, N140/litre

All these between 25/12/2015 and 2/1/2016. Please, where is your village?

I and my family are on holiday at Kafanchan, Jema'a LGA, Kaduna state.

I filled my empty take on 29th Dec with N5,500 at Conoil. On 31st Dec i filled my mum's car and our sumec gen set after spending 20mins on queue.

2 other stations sell at 97 and others 105, 110 and even 120. On the 1st Jan, almost all stations were selling fuel.

Besides, there is NNPC mega station in Samaru-kataf, Zangon-Kataf LGA 25km away from Kafanchan. I have the option of going there instead of buying N120/L.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by decub: 10:52am On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

Firstly, I don't play politics; practical or verbal, objectivity does it all. I'm not a supporter of either party; PMB or GEJ but ur body language says a lot about how good u r with the present administration.

The young man observed one thing which I think every Nigerian would have observed as well and you term it living in the past (meanwhile, the same YOU said this: "I'm wise enough to know that the realities of today are a result of decisions of yesterday".)

Subsidy removal was the first hate Nigerians had for the previous administration even though the negative view of it was orchestrated by the opposition now in power.

Even without a binocular, every Nigerian knows we are heading to a worse leadership than what we had but many aren't bold enough to accept that fact.

I wish I would get a single flaw of GEJ's government the present party has been able to correct in more than 7 months into power. We are still experiencing the same insecurity, corruption, economic meltdown, even worst.

If you actually follow Nigerian economical and political activities without sentiments, then you would realize propaganda brought them into power and for the fact that they are clueless, Nigerians will lose faith in them; sooner than we think.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Scholarforever: 10:53am On Jan 03, 2016
crixtex:

Who is minority and who is majority? ?
'Minority' refers to d few PMS importers who derive joy in milking our treasury via subsidy while 'majority' refers to us the helpless buyers.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by fortune1968: 11:16am On Jan 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
Same subsidy that people occupied Lagos when GEJ's govt tried to remove

Meanwhile PMS still goes for N140 in Port Harcourt and nobody cares
because gej too corrupt now .majority of d people no trust the clueless man . but buhari is clean .and we trust am well well !

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by erico2k2(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2016
highlandre:
We need to begin to feel the impact of this subsidy removal. So much ado about subsidy removal!
The impact is fuel cost will rise if you did not know that then you are not Informed count urself
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by anonimi: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by erico2k2(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2016
adanny01:

I and my family are on holiday at Kafanchan, Jema'a LGA, Kaduna state.

I filled my empty take on 29th Dec with N5,500 at Conoil. On 31st Dec i filled my mum's car and our sumec gen set after spending 20mins on queue.

2 other stations sell at 97 and others 105, 110 and even 120. On the 1st Jan, almost all stations were selling fuel.

Besides, there is NNPC mega station in Samaru-kataf, Zangon-Kataf LGA 25km away from Kafanchan. I have the option of going there instead of buying N120/L.
Then you should take I to account you have less cars in that areas so demand is low.I just bought in PH at N130.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by PassingShot(m): 11:32am On Jan 03, 2016
decub:

Firstly, I don't play politics; practical or verbal, objectivity does it all. I'm not a supporter of either party; PMB or GEJ but ur body language says a lot about how good u r with the present administration.
I don't need your preaching about your political leaning or absence of it. I could have ignored you but thought to educate you a a bit perhaps you will understand better.

The young man observed one thing which I think every Nigerian would have observed as well and you term it living in the past (meanwhile, the same YOU said this: "I'm wise enough to know that the realities of today are a result of decisions of yesterday".)

Subsidy removal was the first hate Nigerians had for the previous administration even though the negative view of it was orchestrated by the opposition now in power.
If you're conversant and exposed enough, you will understand and accept that GEJ's attempt at removing subsidy had everything wrong with it. Firstly, in November of 2011 or thereabout, GEJ said the rumour that subsidy was going to be removed was not correct only to announce through the New Year's message on the first of Jan 2012 that subsidy had been removed. The reaction was spontaneous and expected. So, on the ground of his earlier promise and the fact he announcced it without consulting far and wide, people were right to reject his action. Hope you comprehend!

Even without a binocular, every Nigerian knows we are heading to a worse leadership than what we had but many aren't bold enough to accept that fact.

I wish I would get a single flaw of GEJ's government the present party has been able to correct in more than 7 months into power. We are still experiencing the same insecurity, corruption, economic meltdown, even worst.
This coming from someone who professed non-partisanship is at best laughable. What PMB has recorded in seven months have given indication of better tomorrow to those with analytical mind.

1. Insecurity: If you were wise enough, you'd have known that PMB has done a better job than GEJ in this regard. BH was controlling some local govts before PMB came on board. They could launch audacious attack on military formations and sack police barracks then. The same cannot be said as of today apart from the suicide bombing.

2. Economic meltdown: As a result of what? You're dull if you don't know that the economic meltdown is a result of looting of our FR and ECA plus the fact that crude price has tumbled coupled with fact that GEJ didn't invest in productive sectors of the economy when he held sway.

3. Corruption: Can you please name a single corruption case under the current regime of PMB? If you can't, you're not better than a motor park agbero. The fight on corruption that PMB is currently waging has never been witnessed in the history of Nigeria. It's so loud that the deaf is aware of it yet an imposter like you is talking trash here.

The TSA that the incompetent Jona could not get all MDAs to comply with is being complied with already and government has been able to mop up previously dorman/stolent money into its account. Do you need me to explain what this means to you?

If you actually follow Nigerian economical and political activities without sentiments, then you would realize propaganda brought them into power and for the fact that they are clueless, Nigerians will lose faith in them; sooner than we think.
And you say you're not a supporter of any govt/party? Keep living in denial. Na you sabi.
Only people living in self denial will continue to deny the fact that GEJ FAILED WOEFULLY and there was no way he could have won against even a statue of Buhari.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Nely77(m): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2016
I vividly remember that this government under opposition, told us that there was nothing like subsidy and accused the former administration of using it as disguise to loot money. What do we believe now? If there was no subsidy that time then what is this government removing now? APC always playing bitter politics at all cost!

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Mintek: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

Sometimes I can't help but wonder just how much you minions are paid for this media spin job.

Una nor dey tire ni? Abi na Lie Lie Mohammed dey behind una monikers? grin cheesy

Omenka, efilefun, et al

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by suny247: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
na good news sha
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by decub: 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

I don't need your preaching about your political leaning or absence of it. I could have ignored you but thought to educate you a a bit perhaps you will understand better.

If you're conversant and exposed enough, you will understand and accept that GEJ's attempt at removing subsidy had everything wrong with it. Firstly, in November of 2011 or thereabout, GEJ said the rumour that subsidy was going to be removed was not correct only to announce through the New Year's message on the first of Jan 2012 that subsidy had been removed. The reaction was spontaneous and expected. So, on the ground of his earlier promise and the fact he announcced it without consulting far and wide, people were right to reject his action. Hope you comprehend!

This coming from someone who professed non-partisanship is at best laughable. What PMB has recorded in seven months have given indication of better tomorrow to those with analytical mind.

1. Insecurity: If you were wise enough, you'd have known that PMB has done a better job than GEJ in this regard. BH was controlling some local govts before PMB came on board. They could launch audacious attack on military formations and sack police barracks then. The same cannot be said as of today apart from the suicide bombing.

2. Economic meltdown: As a result of what? You're dull if you don't know that the economic meltdown is a result of looting of our FR and ECA plus the fact that crude price has tumbled coupled with fact that GEJ didn't invest in productive sectors of the economy when he held sway.

3. Corruption: Can you please name a single corruption case under the current regime of PMB? If you can't, you're not better than a motor park agbero. The fight on corruption that PMB is currently waging has never been witnessed in the history of Nigeria. It's so loud that the deaf is aware of it yet an imposter like you is talking trash here.

The TSA that the incompetent Jona could not get all MDAs to comply with is being complied with already and government has been able to mop up previously dorman/stolent money into its account. Do you need me to explain what this means to you?

And you say you're not a supporter of any govt/party? Keep living in denial. Na you sabi.
Only people living in self denial will continue to deny the fact that GEJ FAILED WOEFULLY and there was no way he could have won against even a statue of Buhari.
I would have actually enjoyed having a conversation with you having known you highlight topics you know no details about since most of ur insults are based on hear say, BUT, the last time I checked, I have stopped arguing with some set of people; those who would rather shout, throw verbal cautions to the wind just to prove a point and with due respect to the honourable men among ur tribe, I can vividly tell you are simply from that area.

Without being harsh and rude, please read wide if you don't have people in the economy, understand that the security situation has worsened more than the propaganda you hear on the pages of newspaper, get verifiable facts besides what you hear on air. I just wish you will spit this security issue in the presence of a highly placed military personnel.

I'm sorry I will fail you in 4da argument but please, learn to study the economy far beyond political affiliations and emotions.

God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by adanny01(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
erico2k2:

Then you should take I to account you ha e less cars in that areas so demand is low.

Before that filling started getting supply which i filled my tank, i bought fuel in this same town at 160, 165, 170 and 175 before christmas.

While in kaduna, i had to travel from the town to Kujama to buy fuel at N145.

What am saying is there is fuel now.

For south south states, i have lived in Akwa Ibom and even when there was no scarcity, their pump price is usually higher than the official price on most private markerters. They are always the first to hike prices in anticipation to fuel scarcity. Once any part of the industry plans a strike, they hoard and hike immediately. I want to believe Northern marketers are less greedy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Deepfreezer(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
hollywater:
Why can't you guys just for once accept criticism? This same subsidy are the first reason many people begin to hate GEJ.Bubu took over power this same question was asked if he will remove subsidy.
His response was,what is subsidy?I don't know what is subsidy . Until late last year when Tinubu argue him to remove it. Now i know the Jagaban is indirectly ruling this Country from behind. The same Jagaban who organised musicians and protesters in the street of Ojota (Lagos)against Jonathan because of this same subsidy.
this write up should be able to open the eyes of APC e warriors. I don't know why people are too sentimental. same subsidy they wanted to kill GEJ for.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by erico2k2(m): 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

I can name a massive scam going under your nose.The FG 2 mo ths ago increased the number of importer by up to 15.so if importers goes up subsidy must have gone up.Now saying the FG has removed subsidy is scam reason the real market value would be up to N120 if not more.Countries in the west pay these rates. I'm hoping anyone in the UAE can tell us how much the buy fuel moreso I'm of the assumption we as Nigerians are buying at global cost as per crude.the cost of producing 1 lyre is far more than 100 how do they the refinaries sell?so if anyone is saying g we have removed subsidy and petrol sells below 200 it's a scam.it's not possible u til all of our refinaries are working and we refine more export less.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Deepfreezer(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
anonimi:

So Buhari aka the strong, incorruptible man of integrity PLAYED us wayo abi
Thank you for letting us know.
Thanks for the revelation.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3041343_resize_jpeg_jpeg384963ae8ea3da4721c0ff0a90d0291d
so sorry for Nigerian youths.

2 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by erico2k2(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
adanny01:

Before that filling started getting supply which i filled my tank, i bought fuel in this same town at 160, 165, 170 and 175 before christmas.

While in kaduna, i had to travel from the town to Kujama to buy fuel at N145.

What am saying is there is fuel now.

For south south states, i have lived in Akwa Ibom and even when there was no scarcity, their pump price is usually higher than the official price on most private markerters. They are always the first to hike prices in anticipation to fuel scarcity. Once any part of the industry plans a strike, they hoard and hike immediately. I want to believe Northern marketers are less greedy.
I need to understand your frame of mind so I get you correctly in your own word. So if subsidy is removed what do you think is your benefit as a motorist in Nigeria and do U think fuel will be cheaper or higher?
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by SoNature(m): 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
I don't understand the idea behind setting prices for both NNPC filling stations and non-NNPC filling stations. If you are deregulating the market truly, non-NNPC filling stations must be allowed to set their own pump prices. Well, I just hope these non-NNPC filling stations are not run outta biz with this policy which will make motorists/Nigerians suffer.

Observing!
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by OMOLEMONDAY(m): 1:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
OKAY
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

only one word for u; u re brilliant. Keep it bro! Some brotherly hug here!

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by poiZon: 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
[quote author=PassingShot post=41602248] Hope you're a beneficiary of SURE-P.[/quote

Since wey I ask u wey patrick akpobolokemi dry u no gree answer. Y
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by PassingShot(m): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
poiZon:

Since wey I ask u wey patrick akpobolokemi dry u no gree answer. Y
The guy dey with EFCC as of the last time we hear. No?
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by poiZon: 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

The guy dey with EFCC as of the last time we hear. No?

Can u are how buhari dry decieve Una. Patrick dry warri live n kicking wif some pals
Wont be suprise if dasuki dey him Hope de flex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers Elections: INEC Committee Ends Inquiry As Anxiety Grips Parties / Air Force Kills Several Bandits In Kaduna, Bombs Camps / FG To Spend N700M To Force 29 Generals Out - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.