Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight (38441 Views)

Breaking: FG Removes Subsidy, Fuel To Sell For 145 Per Ltr / Photos: WHO Officially Removes Nigeria From The List Of Polio Endemic Countries / Spotlight On Wike’s Endless Search For Prayers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by feeloscar(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Holyman3:

In as much as I believe it's good to remove the overdue subsidy, I also think you are an arrseholle..
I wonder how many times you urinated in your pants during Jonathan administration.
It baffles me how you and the likes of Lie Muhammed finds silly responses to every contradictory movement by Buhari.

To be successful in business, you don't have to be jealous of the profits of other business men, you just have to create a way to make your own profit. Is it the fault of GEJ that crude oil price was high during his tenure?

No, we are not interested in occupying anywhere, we are no thugs or liars. Only Agberos and Alayes occupy Parks where they smoke weed.
Nature already occupied you and your master through IPOB, BH, Shiite, etc.. OPC and MEND are gearing up too. Cameroun already killed hundreds of your people last time.

You need all the money in the world to achieve half of what GEJ did, despite the corruption during his administration.. Guess what his name is again, it's Goodluck.
And who was the c in c then? You just publicised your ignorance bro. If you as a leader condone corruption in your administration, who should be held accountable,I isn't it?

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by feeloscar(m): 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
gurunlocker:

still brought this bias defending into new year?.... now you know that he is 'living in the past', but anytime APC blame GEJ, 'They ain't living in the past'..... How do you know he cannot be trusted with subsidy removal?.... change your way bro,.
He cannot be trusted with subsidy removal because, the things promised Nigerians ended up in the pockets of his allies. Our yams come to mind.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
About this time four years ago,Tunde Bakare,Jalingo and people from the South West,lead an intense protest against tne removal of fuel subsidy by the GEJ lead government.They called him names and insulted him.

Today,Buhari's government has done tne same thing and non of the so called human rights crusaders has uttered a word.
Does it mean Nigeria is meant just for a particular tribe or ethnic group?

What's good for the goose is good for tne gander.If we continue with this hypocritical way of life,Nigeria will never know peace and development because we are biased people in all ramification.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by feeloscar(m): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
ocelot2006:

At least the supluses were channelednto infrastructural development and health care via Sure-P.
Really? Sure-P that enriched GEJs allies, you are here consoling yourself that it was channelled into so so and so.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by feeloscar(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
henryutd:
Fake story. In as much as I still pay #130-#150 for a litre of petrol, all your grammar is rubbish.
I don't want to hear this again.
If you still pay this high for PMS, then your brothers out there are cheating you. If you could, I would have advised you to come to Lagos and buy @87 naira a litre.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by lookingfly: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

Keep living in the past. GEJ that couldn't manage surplus cannot be trusted with subsidy removal. Where are the palleatives promised on the partial removal called SUREP?

@ the topic, I hope this is correct. It is good news especially now that crude price has tumbled. Just as the president said in the media chat, no one will be subsidizing anyone with the current global crude price. And by the time our refineries start to work optimally, subsidy will not even be in the equation even if crude price goes up later.
just one defination, zombies=hypocrites
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by feeloscar(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Liar! Liar!!
In Delta State, I bought petrol @N140/litre.
In Bayelsa State, @N140/litre.
In Imo State, N130/litre.
In Rivers, N130/litre.
In Enugu, N140/litre

All these between 25/12/2015 and 2/1/2016. Please, where is your village?
Dis one wey you just dey travel everywhere for Naija so, hope you no be Devil?

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by tempest01(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
tsdarkside:

a refinery is not something you can build overnight...you people already understand how to refine oil localy,why dont you organize yourselfs and start a small scall refinery??...

In modern climes the 'illegal refineries' would have been supported and modernized into modular refinery
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by feeloscar(m): 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

I don't need your preaching about your political leaning or absence of it. I could have ignored you but thought to educate you a a bit perhaps you will understand better.

If you're conversant and exposed enough, you will understand and accept that GEJ's attempt at removing subsidy had everything wrong with it. Firstly, in November of 2011 or thereabout, GEJ said the rumour that subsidy was going to be removed was not correct only to announce through the New Year's message on the first of Jan 2012 that subsidy had been removed. The reaction was spontaneous and expected. So, on the ground of his earlier promise and the fact he announcced it without consulting far and wide, people were right to reject his action. Hope you comprehend!

This coming from someone who professed non-partisanship is at best laughable. What PMB has recorded in seven months have given indication of better tomorrow to those with analytical mind.

1. Insecurity: If you were wise enough, you'd have known that PMB has done a better job than GEJ in this regard. BH was controlling some local govts before PMB came on board. They could launch audacious attack on military formations and sack police barracks then. The same cannot be said as of today apart from the suicide bombing.

2. Economic meltdown: As a result of what? You're dull if you don't know that the economic meltdown is a result of looting of our FR and ECA plus the fact that crude price has tumbled coupled with fact that GEJ didn't invest in productive sectors of the economy when he held sway.

3. Corruption: Can you please name a single corruption case under the current regime of PMB? If you can't, you're not better than a motor park agbero. The fight on corruption that PMB is currently waging has never been witnessed in the history of Nigeria. It's so loud that the deaf is aware of it yet an imposter like you is talking trash here.

The TSA that the incompetent Jona could not get all MDAs to comply with is being complied with already and government has been able to mop up previously dorman/stolent money into its account. Do you need me to explain what this means to you?

And you say you're not a supporter of any govt/party? Keep living in denial. Na you sabi.
Only people living in self denial will continue to deny the fact that GEJ FAILED WOEFULLY and there was no way he could have won against even a statue of Buhari.
Tell them. A lot of them have eyes but can not see, ears but can not hear, nose but can not smell, hands but can not feel.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by taiwoliu(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
Same subsidy that people occupied Lagos when GEJ's govt tried to remove

Meanwhile PMS still goes for N140 in Port Harcourt and nobody cares
have you tried informing PPPRA field agents of the situation? If u haven't, u ve no ryt to complain.

Google abt the numbers, u'll get it.

Taking Nigeria to d promise land isn't for d government only, we all share that responsibility. Except u r hellbent on outright criticism.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Housing(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
hollywater:
Why can't you guys just for once accept criticism? This same subsidy are the first reason many people begin to hate GEJ.Bubu took over power this same question was asked if he will remove subsidy.
His response was,what is subsidy?I don't know what is subsidy . Until late last year when Tinubu argue him to remove it. Now i know the Jagaban is indirectly ruling this Country from behind. The same Jagaban who organised musicians and protesters in the street of Ojota (Lagos)against Jonathan because of this same subsidy.

How much will Nigerians be buying fuel had it been GEJ removed subsidy then N150 and you said Nigerians should not complain. But now there is nothing to subsides. Do want PMB to be reaping off Nigerians as GEJ deed when there the prices of oil crashed at the international market? You are the one being sentimental here. Mind you as at now Federal government is saving minimum of N1.4 on every litre of petrol bought by Nigerians for the raining days. May GOD continue to bless PMB

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

I don't need your preaching about your political leaning or absence of it. I could have ignored you but thought to educate you a a bit perhaps you will understand better.

If you're conversant and exposed enough, you will understand and accept that GEJ's attempt at removing subsidy had everything wrong with it. Firstly, in November of 2011 or thereabout, GEJ said the rumour that subsidy was going to be removed was not correct only to announce through the New Year's message on the first of Jan 2012 that subsidy had been removed. The reaction was spontaneous and expected. So, on the ground of his earlier promise and the fact he announcced it without consulting far and wide, people were right to reject his action. Hope you comprehend!

This coming from someone who professed non-partisanship is at best laughable. What PMB has recorded in seven months have given indication of better tomorrow to those with analytical mind.

1. Insecurity: If you were wise enough, you'd have known that PMB has done a better job than GEJ in this regard. BH was controlling some local govts before PMB came on board. They could launch audacious attack on military formations and sack police barracks then. The same cannot be said as of today apart from the suicide bombing.

2. Economic meltdown: As a result of what? You're dull if you don't know that the economic meltdown is a result of looting of our FR and ECA plus the fact that crude price has tumbled coupled with fact that GEJ didn't invest in productive sectors of the economy when he held sway.

3. Corruption: Can you please name a single corruption case under the current regime of PMB? If you can't, you're not better than a motor park agbero. The fight on corruption that PMB is currently waging has never been witnessed in the history of Nigeria. It's so loud that the deaf is aware of it yet an imposter like you is talking trash here.

The TSA that the incompetent Jona could not get all MDAs to comply with is being complied with already and government has been able to mop up previously dorman/stolent money into its account. Do you need me to explain what this means to you?

And you say you're not a supporter of any govt/party? Keep living in denial. Na you sabi.
Only people living in self denial will continue to deny the fact that GEJ FAILED WOEFULLY and there was no way he could have won against even a statue of Buhari.
oboy abeg the excess crude cash shey all the governors including your apc freinds no wan kill their self just to get am until Gej succumb?....I have not heard you blame the thieves like ameachi who clamoured for the excess crude cash...meanwhile I dey wait for buhari paliatives ooo...

How are you bro?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Holyman3(m): 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
feeloscar:
And who was the c in c then? You just publicised your ignorance bro. If you as a leader condone corruption in your administration, who should be held accountable,I isn't it?

There was and will always be some degree of corruption in every administration of every government in the world.

We will judge Buhari when his 4 years is over. Don't declare victory when the match just Started.

Secondly, this administration just acknowledged that Jonathan built the longest and best roads in the history of Nigeria. Amechi also acknowledged that he didn't know railway system functions in Nigeria. Where do you think all the money came from?

What about the auto policy? What about free and fair election where the opposition could win without war?

That said, the only reason this government is sending us back to 1995 is simply because oil price fell. Isn't it?

So can you not see the balance in this simple theory...

You animals should leave Jonathan alone.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by 1stdammy: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by hollywater: 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Housing:

How much will Nigerians be buying fuel had it been GEJ removed subsidy then N150 and you said Nigerians should not complain. But now there is nothing to subsides. Do want PMB to be reaping off Nigerians as GEJ deed when there the prices of oil crashed at the international market? You are the one being sentimental here. Mind you as at now Federal government is saving minimum of N1.4 on every litre of petrol bought by Nigerians for the raining days. May GOD continue to bless PMB
Sentimental indeed. How about keeping to your words? One thing your guys have to know is that, not all of us will dance to APC tone.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by arsetalks(m): 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
You're out of ur mind... can u pls compare the price of a barrel of crude oil by den and now?
You are the real person out of his mind here. What was done with the so called saving from the partial removal?

Where are the so called transit buses? In your house?
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by kunyeo(m): 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
Am happy you're enjoying the present realities the economy is faced with.

"The present realities" caused by the irresponsibly and profligacy of Jonathan!
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by kunyeo(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
hollywater:
Why can't you guys just for once accept criticism? This same subsidy are the first reason many people begin to hate GEJ.Bubu took over power this same question was asked if he will remove subsidy.
His response was,what is subsidy?I don't know what is subsidy . Until late last year when Tinubu argue him to remove it. Now i know the Jagaban is indirectly ruling this Country from behind. The same Jagaban who organised musicians and protesters in the street of Ojota (Lagos)against Jonathan because of this same subsidy.

Very simple. Nigerians could simply not trust Jonathan with subsidy removal. That is why we eventually voted him out!
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by hollywater: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
kunyeo:

Very simple. Nigerians could simply not trust Jonathan with subsidy removal. That is why we eventually voted him out!
Story for the Amadiohas.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by adanny01(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
erico2k2:

I need to understand your frame of mind so I get you correctly in your own word. So if subsidy is removed what do you think is your benefit as a motorist in Nigeria and do U think fuel will be cheaper or higher?

As a motorist, i wouldnt mind if i get fuel for free. The economist will say its impossible to get it free.

My point was to a person who asked, "is it not the subsidy GEJ tried to remove years back and was seriously critisized". He went further to say fuel is still sold as expensive as 140 in the locations he listed.

My point exactly was, GEJ made no arrangements for subsidy removal inflation effect on ordinary Nigerians. Besides, his government wasnt trusted with the savings from the removal. In other words, we would suffer while corrupt people get richer.

Buhari has given people hope that there will be accountability while we will not suffer. Its a win win situation now but GEJ's plan was a lose lose situation being that we lose by buying fuel more expensive while saving for looters to cart away. The partial removal by GEJ led to sure-p which actually became a looting ground. Our guess of what would have happened was right.

With the present arrangrment the worst that could happen is the win-lose scenerio. We win as long as pump price remains low but may win or lose when the subsidy savings are utilised well or looted.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by grandstar(m): 7:03am On Jan 04, 2016
PassingShot:

Keep living in the past. GEJ that couldn't manage surplus cannot be trusted with subsidy removal. Where are the palleatives promised on the partial removal called SUREP?

@ the topic, I hope this is correct. It is good news especially now that crude price has tumbled. Just as the president said in the media chat, no one will be subsidizing anyone with the current global crude price. And by the time our refineries start to work optimally, subsidy will not even be in the equation even if crude price goes up later.
Your understamding of economics is woeful.

2 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Blizzy9ja: 7:29am On Jan 04, 2016
kunyeo:

"The present realities" caused by the irresponsibly and profligacy of Jonathan!
Am not surprised at ur stewpidity, he's probably the cause
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by PassingShot(m): 8:07am On Jan 04, 2016
grandstar:
You care to lecture me? Let me know when we can start please.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by adanny01(m): 8:42am On Jan 04, 2016
grandstar:

Where is your understanding. You are critisizing someones opinion without your own counter opinion.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Bizibi(m): 8:51am On Jan 04, 2016
Nigerians are just too gullible......useless beings
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Bizibi(m): 9:32am On Jan 04, 2016
Most nigerians are just too gullible......useless beings,govt playing with your intelligence,wasted brains!!!
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Bizibi(m): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2016
Most nigerians are just too gullible......useless beings,govt and media playing with your intelligence,wasted brains!!!
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by feeloscar(m): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2016
Holyman3:

There was and will always be some degree of corruption in every administration of every government in the world.

We will judge Buhari when his 4 years is over. Don't declare victory when the match just Started.

Secondly, this administration just acknowledged that Jonathan built the longest and best roads in the history of Nigeria. Amechi also acknowledged that he didn't know railway system functions in Nigeria. Where do you think all the money came from?

What about the auto policy? What about free and fair election where the opposition could win without war?

That said, the only reason this government is sending us back to 1995 is simply because oil price fell. Isn't it?

So can you not see the balance in this simple theory...

You animals should leave Jonathan alone.
If you refer to us as animals, it means you are a robot. A robot is worse than a Zombie hence your uncoordinated verbal abuse. It's obvious, you are suffering from Alien Hand Syndrome and Alzheimer's disease and as such, you need to go see a Doctor.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by FlyboyZee: 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Freemanan:

SEEMS YOU ARE A FUEL TOURIST grin
I know commonsense is one of those things that is really not common.

But, even a fooolish man should be able to decipher that I've been on the road, travelling along that corridor during the yuletide...
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by favourlove1: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
PassingShot:

its sad that tinumbu n obj has succeeded in tarnishing gejs image bf nigerians yet d steady power they enjoy now. Are d dividends of d last administration. U trust buhari so much that you could take a bullet for him. I pity u.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by PassingShot(m): 5:24am On Jan 05, 2016
[s]
favourlove1:
its sad that tinumbu n obj has succeeded in tarnishing gejs image bf nigerians yet d steady power they enjoy now. Are d dividends of d last administration. U trust buhari so much that you could take a bullet for him. I pity u.
[/s]
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by erico2k2(m): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
adanny01:

As a motorist, i wouldnt mind if i get fuel for free. The economist will say its impossible to get it free.

My point was to a person who asked, "is it not the subsidy GEJ tried to remove years back and was seriously critisized". He went further to say fuel is still sold as expensive as 140 in the locations he listed.

My point exactly was, GEJ made no arrangements for subsidy removal inflation effect on ordinary Nigerians. Besides, his government wasnt trusted with the savings from the removal. In other words, we would suffer while corrupt people get richer.

Buhari has given people hope that there will be accountability while we will not suffer. Its a win win situation now but GEJ's plan was a lose lose situation being that we lose by buying fuel more expensive while saving for looters to cart away. The partial removal by GEJ led to sure-p which actually became a looting ground. Our guess of what would have happened was right.

With the present arrangrment the worst that could happen is the win-lose scenerio. We win as long as pump price remains low but may win or lose when the subsidy savings are utilised well or looted.
I asked three basic question has nothing to do with GEJ or PMB.from your submission I can state that yoy don't know what the concept of su side is.no offence meant with all due respect.most people know the meaning but not the concept.Let me draw you near.Subsidy is the only thing the govt seem to give us without cost to us but to them.Nothing else so U want that taken away?
If the subsidy is removed we will buy petrol at above N200.they import not from Africa but Asia ie Saudi or south America ie venuzuella. Now the cost is $1 to fill your tank there subsidy in venuzuella is %70.@ production not importation so in theory the production cost there would be close to $0.50.in today's money that N100.by the time it gets here it would be X 4.so your guess is as good as mine only if the fg fix the refineries then Yeh they could remove the so called subsidy mayB cost of production might be N120 and they can sell N180 including VAT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NNPC Group Executive Directors Sacked / Court Adjourns Kanu’s Trial To Oct 21 / Air Force Kills Several Bandits In Kaduna, Bombs Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.