Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,473 members, 7,843,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 (772 Views)

3 Things I Can Deduce From Toke Makinwa's Book / Photos From Don Jazzy’s 34th Birthday Party Last Night / Photos From Don Jazzy's Mavin Dinner Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
Before I make a somewhat detailed analysis of the speech (somewhat, since I can't lay my hands on the video on youtube but rely only on the part I could recall after the show) I dare say I am a fan of both artistes but after the showdown at the Headies I veered more to one side...the Sneh side. I came across a so-called full video of both speeches (or rants more like) but obviously the uploader must be a Mavin Apologist since he conveniently edited out the introductory part of Don Jazzy's speech.

1) Don Jazzy referred to the artistes under his label as his 'children'.
Yes we know that most of the artistes on his label were novices as far as the music industry is concerned when he signed them on however I consider it an insult and a show of pride for him to be referring to them as children, for crying out loud Tiwa Savage and Dr. Sid must either be older than him or his age-mates so how dare he refer to them as his 'children'. I am of the opinion that that was enough grounds for the artistes to re-consider their further stay in Mavin but like they say in my tribe's parlance,'na wetin dem wan chop no go make them wise'. And come to think of it some of the Mavin artistes are really children, or else why would Di'ja be jumping and gesticulating like an 'omomo' after Don Jazzy's speech? I guess the Don also does her thinking for her or is her brain also as small as her boobs…Oops!

2) He said the organizers of the Headies called him in the past that they were going to give him one of the awards and that he told them that it is only proper for them to give it to D’Banj since he has collected it in the past and what not.

Well I would need the original speech to really bring out the details of this part but alas my DsTV decoder is neither a PVR nor the Explora version otherwise I would have recorded the show. Anyway back to the matter, I believe the music arm of EFCC (if there’s anything like that) should arrest Don Jazzy over this statement because it seems to point to the fact that the Awards were already rigged before they were announced because why on earth would Don Jazzy know that he was to win an Award before the show? Does that spell a level playing ground for you guys? They all need to be probed in my opinion. Never in the history of awards like the Grammys, AMA, etc. do the artistes/actors know they were going to win before the announcements so what they hell is Don Jazzy saying?

3) He said the Headies awards meant nothing to him.

Yeah, right! And yet you haven’t returned all the ones they presented to you ko? He said he told his ‘children’ that they should not worry about the car that if they want he would buy a car for each one of them…Liar! I think he should put his money where his mouth is and drop the car keys there and then on the stage instead of taunting Olamide to come and collect it. Actions, they say, speak louder than words so we now know that Don Jazzy wanted the next rated Award for his child, Reekado, just because of the car and not for the recognition like Olamide was fighting for his artistes for, please now tell me who the bigger man is.

Now I will close this article with why I think Olamide is ‘right’ to have behaved the way he did on stage. We all know the image Olamide has cut for himself in the musical scene, a bad boy from the slums who conquered the industry through the streets, most of the artistes on his YBNL label sing songs laden with sex, money, violence etc. so I would expect him to live up to this image on and maybe off stage else he wouldn’t be staying true to his brand. Imagine if he had said nothing on stage after Headies pulled the stunt on him and just sulked and let bygones be bygones? That would have damaged his reputation and he would have lost a major part of his fans from the street…did I hear you say ‘bad market’?!

PS: Someone should kindly upload the full speech Don Jazzy made after he received that Award, so much revelation abides within there that we need to unravel and I am beginning to sense this Headies Award is not what it seems to be trying to portraying, it has been rigged big time!

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dunno why the first post was deleted. Or the mod must have a thing for Di'ja?
Re: What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 by Chommieblaq(f): 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
Olamide don rest, Don Jazzy no talk, una dey busy dey analyze and dissect.

Abeg leave thrash for lastma jor!
Re: What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 by Chommieblaq(f): 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2016

Abeg leave thrash for lawma jor!
Re: What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Abeg leave thrash for lastma jor!
olodo girl, shey na lasma dea take trash..
Re: What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 by wizkhale(m): 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
Lexxyfund:
D mata tyre me oo looolll
Re: What We Can Deduce From Don Jazzy's Speech At The Headies 2015 Awards - 2 by Chommieblaq(f): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
Lexxyfund:

Thanks!!!

(1) (Reply)

Funny But True!! See This Hilarious Advice For Upcoming Artists / Vic O Throws Some Shot At Falz On Twitter / My Beef With Princess – Lolo 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.