Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

The Historic City Of Zaria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Historic City Of Zaria (1722 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit / Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos / Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Historic City Of Zaria by ladydada(f): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
I have a blog, Facebook and twitter page about Zaria and I’m looking for contribution in the form of photos from your visits, your written experience of travelling there, or if you live or study there - some information you would like to share with the world. What do you like or dislike about Zaria? How is Zaria changing?

You can also contribute anything about Zaria on this page. When you think of Zaria what comes to your mind. Which historical figures from Zaria do you know and what do you know about them?
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by lilygabriel08: 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
-----------------
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by BrightEye(m): 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
all I know about Zaria are the legendary queen Amina of Zazzau, the ever popular university ABU Zaria and the recent unfortunate incident against Zakzzaki and co.
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 04, 2016
GorkoSusaay
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by GorkoSusaay: 1:52am On Jan 08, 2016
A good introduction to Zaria/Zazzau/Zegzeg here: http://www.britannica.com/place/Zaria-historical-kingdom-and-province-Nigeria
Here's a more throrough analysis of the history of government in Zaria:http://www.cifas.us/sites/g/files/g536796/f/1960b_GovernmentInZazau_BK.pdf.
Depending on your interests, skim/read relevant chapters
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 3:19am On Jan 08, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

Here's a more throrough analysis of the history of government in Zaria:http://www.cifas.us/sites/g/files/g536796/f/1960b_GovernmentInZazau_BK.pdf.
Depending on your interests, skim/read relevant chapters

I tried to have a look, but it appears the file you linked is no longer available.

Anyway, here's another detailed study of the history of the city of Zaria (Birnin Zaria). It's actually a Masters' student's dissertation.

http://kubanni.abu.edu.ng:8080/jspui/bitstream/123456789/2263/1/A%20HISTORY%20OF%20BIRNIN%20ZARIA%20FROM%201350%20%E2%80%93%201902.pdf

EDIT: Oh sorry, once I removed the final fullstop in your link, it was alright. Thanks for this. Been looking for M Smith's work for some time now.

1 Like

Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 08, 2016
Radoillo:

I tried to have a look, but it appears the file you linked is no longer available.

Anyway, here's another detailed study of the history of the city of Zaria (Birnin Zaria). It's actually a Masters' student's dissertation.

http://kubanni.abu.edu.ng:8080/jspui/bitstream/123456789/2263/1/A%20HISTORY%20OF%20BIRNIN%20ZARIA%20FROM%201350%20%E2%80%93%201902.pdf

EDIT: Oh sorry, once I removed the final fullstop in your link, it was alright. Thanks for this. Been looking for M Smith's work for some time now.

not your biggest fan right now but thank you for this.
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 08, 2016
If I was on Nairaland to seek fans, I would have my picture on my profile. I would also use my actual name.

Please do not quote me again on this forum, MorrowCaligari. Immature and over-touchy people who flip out at me in the middle of a civil discussion for no real reasons are not the people I want to bump into and rub minds with on here.

1 Like

Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 08, 2016
Radoillo:
If I was on Nairaland to seek fans, I would have my picture on my profile. I would also use my actual name.

Please do not quote me again on this forum, MorrowCaligari. Immature and over-touchy people who flip out at me in the middle of a civil discussion for no real reasons are not the people I want to bump into and rub minds with on here.

First of all it wasn't a literal statement.

Secondly I will quote whoever I darn well please. Even if it's irrelevant nitwits like you who somehow seems to pvssyfoot himself into topics I'm vested in. So who is stalking who? Oh poppy Co.ck! I invited Gorko because he seems to be knowledgeable in these topics and I wasn't wrong because his contributions were excellent! Did anyone as for your dim-witted opinion? Shouldn't you be directing it at the person who asked the question in the first place? Attention seeking plonker! Was just trying to be polite because your contribution was mediocre you sh.it stabbing winnit! Next time do yourself a favour and fvck out of any discussion you find my footprints on!

Friggin arse monger!

1 Like

Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 08, 2016
Classic.

*slow clap*

I'm actually going to give you a like.

1 Like

Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by absoluteSuccess: 10:25am On Jan 08, 2016
Radoillo:
Classic.

*slow clap*

Radoillo, tred softly, biko. Everyone must be persecuted for their curves on nairaland, for good or bad.

We must all come down to muds from the hallow hedges of the plains.

It is a way of life and the end of man.
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by absoluteSuccess: 10:26am On Jan 08, 2016
Radoillo:
Classic.

*slow clap*

Radoillo, easy, biko. Everyone must be persecuted for their curves on nairaland, for good or bad.

Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2016
yeah sure, make me the villain.
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

Radoillo, easy, biko. Everyone must be persecuted for their curves on nairaland, for good or bad.

I'm taking things easy, brother. It's cool. smiley
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by absoluteSuccess: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
Radoillo:

I'm taking things easy, brother. It's cool. smiley
Leadership implies that you must bear the burden of others.
Thats just the way.
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by ladydada(f): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thank you to whoever posted the dissertation. It is rare to find information about Zaria before the rise of Dan Fodio in the 18th century, so that is much appreciated!
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 20, 2016
Hmmm
Re: The Historic City Of Zaria by tpiar: 9:15am On Mar 20, 2016
ladydada:
Thank you to whoever posted the dissertation. It is rare to find information about Zaria before the rise of Dan Fodio in the 18th century, so that is much appreciated!

It used to be part of Songhai empire, according to wiki, so maybe you should start looking from there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Origin Of The Igbos / How Fluent Can You Speak Your Native Language? / Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.