Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files (1588 Views)

8 Case Files Opened Against Nigeria At Icc / SARAKI: Jacob Is Right, Tinubu's Case Doesn't Apply. / Code of Conduct Tribunal Dismisses Tinubu's Case + Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by lannre(m): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2009
THERE are strong indications that the Presidency may be heading for a showdown with a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, over, allegations of corruption levelled against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Sources close to the Presidency on Friday informed the Nigerian Compass on Sunday that the President, Alhaji Umaru Yar'Adua, has called for the files of all the cases involving Tinubu, including the controversial report written on him by the United States Drug Agency (USDEA).

The source, a top member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said that for some days, some top officials in the Presidency had been searching for the report and other documents that involved Tinubu.

Part of the documents also being called for are cases involving the former governor being treated by the EFCC. Tinubu had on Wednesday at a pre-June 12 parley he had with a select team of journalists accused Yar'Adua of blackmailing him with the EFCC over "my position on Ekiti and Osun governorship elections.

"I have nothing to hide.

"It has become a tradition of the Yar'dua administration to witchhunt me because of my stand on some political issues.

"Now, they are using the EFCC against me."

That outburst came just two days after the Chairperson of the EFCC, Mrs. Farida Waziri, gave her report on the first year in office, saying that Tinubu and other former governors were still being investigated.

She had said on Tinubu, " Former Governor Tinubu, for instance, I inherited the case file on him and I am still working on that case file.

"The thing is that when you alert anybody that you are coming after him, the first thing that he does is to get any incriminating documents and set some on fire and hide some and I think the attitude or actions of my predecessor in talking too much made it difficult for me."

On Friday, however, a top politician in Lagos State was asked to forward documents of the drug cases involving Tinubu to the Presidency.

The source said, "They have called for the documents from the highest quarters.

"The documents include the report on Tinubu by the US drug agency; the publications on Alpha-Beta and all the other records related to him."The materials will be sent any moment this week.

"They have been looking for the drug reports in particular."

It was gathered that Yar'Adua was greatly disappointed with the aspersion cast on his character by Tinubu, who had enjoyed a good relationship with him since his election as President in 2007.

Sources said that the disagreement between the two was not unconnected with the bitterness with which both the Action Congress (AC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) prosecuted the Ekiti State election in which the AC was defeated.

Tinubu was said not to have been happy since then.

http://www.compassnews.net/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19955:corruption-yaradua-calls-for-tinubus-case-files&catid=46:sunday&Itemid=186
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2009
Hmmm! and the drama continues,
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 15, 2009
President Yar'adua will explain to the Nation how Tinubu became an innocent Statesman when Yar'adua was forming a Government of National Unity but when he started nursing a second term ambition, Tinubu becomes a criminal.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by mafioso(m): 12:17am On Jun 15, 2009
why only tinubu What about that Evil Lucky Igbinedion and others, Yaradull shud not be thinking about his 7point Agenda, come to think of it he thinks that he is God? God Created everything in this world withing 7 days. but Yaradull forgot that after the 6th day God rested, so he shud be prepare to rest(Sleep) after he finish his 7point Agenda. stupid Opportunist like him
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by desgiezd(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2009
Yar’Adua didn’t demand case files on Tinubu, says Presidency

[b][/b]The Presidency yesterday denied a report that President Umaru Yar’Adua demanded case files on allegations against former Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The government also said it would not use the EFCC against Tinubu or any Nigerian.

The Special Adviser to the President on Communication, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, made the clarification in Abuja.

The Nigerian Compass ran a story yesterday claiming that Yar’Adua was heading for a showdown with Tinubu.

In the report, the President was said to have called for the files of all allegations against the former governor in order to deal with him.
But Adeniyi described the report as absolute falsehood.

His words: “The idea that President Umaru Yar’Adua is calling for anybody’s case file in EFCC is not only ludicrous, it is sad that any editor would publish such falsehood.

“The President has never interfered in the work of the EFCC or any security agency and he would definitely not use the EFCC against Asiwaju Bola Tinubu or anybody for that matter.

“It is unfortunate that the former Lagos State Governor started this whole thing by dragging the name of the President to the issue he has with the EFCC and that has only provided weapons for mischief makers.

“If the EFCC chairman spoke, why should the President be blamed? President Yar’Adua has given the EFCC freedom to do their job according to law so they take responsibility for their actions.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/6765/1/YarAdua-didnt-demand-case-files-on-Tinubu-says-Presidency/Page1.html
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by jaybee3(m): 9:35am On Jun 15, 2009
Ain't nothing coming out this drama.
Yaraslow should just focus on delivering his 7 point agenda and forget abt which hunting political enemies
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by deor03(m): 9:43am On Jun 15, 2009
What do these guys take us for.

desgiezd:

The Nigerian Compass ran a story yesterday claiming that Yar’Adua was heading for a showdown with Tinubu.

The Nigerian Compass (owned by Tinubu), ran a story claiming the Yaradua is heading for a showdown with Tinubu.

If Tinubu, does not have a skeleton in his cupboard; then he should not be afraid or use his newspapers to create sentiments.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by desgiezd(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2009
deor03:

The Nigerian Compass (owned by Tinubu), ran a story claiming the Yaradua is heading for a showdown with Tinubu.

If Tinubu, does not have a skeleton in his cupboard; then he should not be afraid or use his newspapers to create sentiments.

Point of correction, The Nigerian Compass is owned by Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by toba1909(m): 10:22am On Jun 15, 2009
When will the Nigerian Compass learn how to publish the right stories?
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by smasher1(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2009
Na politics. Na dem sabi.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by MrCrackles(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2009
deor03:

I dont think Tinubu owns Nigerian Compass, i think it is Gbenga Daniel
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by smasher1(m): 11:47am On Jun 15, 2009
Take note that the Compass newspaper owned by Ogun state governor Gbenga Daniel and Tinubu newspaper The Nation are always @ logger head with themselves and their respective governments.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by mayrho(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2009
pekele pekele arugbo je gbese ta ni o san
come and see america wonder
come and see america wonder
In this country wetin no fit happen!!!
shakes head for Naija kneels down and pray
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by bsanya(f): 11:58am On Jun 15, 2009
non sense
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by deor03(m): 11:59am On Jun 15, 2009
desgiezd:

Point of correction, The Nigerian Compass is owned by Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State

Noted.

But i knew, that the story is a political story.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by javalove(m): 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2009
Tinubu is the most POLITICALLY MINDED nigerian. the guy won't move an inch and yaramugu wont do him jack!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by MrCrackles(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2009
javalove:

Tinubu is the most POLITICALLY MINDED nigerian. the guy won't move an inch and yaramugu wont do him jack!!!

Lets wait and see! cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by javalove(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

Lets wait and see! cheesy

we watching,
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by cescjay(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2009
9ja politics is f**ked.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by biola44: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2009
long overdue, cool
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by Lagosboy: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
Compass vs The nation

Daniel vs Tinubu

In as much as i am not a great fan of Tinubu, Daniel is absolute no match for him in politics, intelligence, shrewdess and charisma. Daniel is a thief , Tinubu is a rogue , Yaradua is fraud!!!! These are te leaders we have in Nigeria shame o shame!!!!
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by vikiviko(m): 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2009
Tinubu vs Yar' Adua is great match.

Tinubu over time has shown he's clean Politrickster. Lets see how EFCC will corner Tinubu.

Farida has over jumped, her comment here i "The thing is that when you alert anybody that you are coming after him, the first thing that he does is to get any incriminating documents and set some on fire and hide some and I think the attitude or actions of my predecessor in talking too much made it difficult for me."

Yar' Adua with his health condition should just concentrate on the 7 point agenda, no distraction baba.

We want results, good roads, nepa light, employment, development in the Niger Delta, Peace, etc

Nigeria Politics is very interesting, i am enjoying every shit about it.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by lojik(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2009
I believe yar'a-dullard should be busy with obasanjo's case files not tinubu's. The go-slow guy can act not wen Tinubu mentioned his name where has he been all dis while dat 9ja doesnt even know she has a president. He better start doin sumtin on his 7 pointless agenda.
Arindin
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2009
I continue to maintain that the current fight against corruption is waist of everyone's time and resources.

They should stop it and concentrate on something else.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by kalmebad(f): 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2009
[
lojik:

I believe yar'a-dullard should be busy with obasanjo's case files not tinubu's. The go-slow guy can act not wen Tinubu mentioned his name where has he been all dis while dat 9ja doesnt even know she has a president. He better start doin sumtin on his 7 pointless agenda.
Arindin

God bless you for the bolded comment

Till OBJ is probed, Yara'dua aka BABA GO SLOW  is not being transparent enough

A fall out of political rivals is what i will call it if the story is true

Help us also in the bid of ur persecuting TINUBU unmask the killer of BOLA IGE
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by lannre(m): 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2009
They will steal ,we will be fighting and soliciting . 9JA !
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by proudly9ja(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2009
2011 is around the corner. EFCC is threatening would be competition and Tinubu is scared because his cupboard is filled with cobwebs.

2010/2011 should be exciting!
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by obidia(f): 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2009
why only tinubu What about that Evil Lucky Igbinedion and others, Yaradull shud not be thinking about his 7point Agenda, come to think of it he thinks that he is God? God Created everything in this world withing 7 days. but Yaradull forgot that after the 6th day God rested, so he shud be prepare to rest(Sleep) after he finish his 7point Agenda. stupid Opportunist like him[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

Agreed we have freedom of speech,but you know there are limits to it,calling the president names inst wise you know
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by Virgo83(m): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
@ PROUDLY9JA
You make a very notable point. Lets wait and see, more drama to come IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

As for Nigerian Compass, "Irrespective of who owns it", no amount of Sentimental role you played in the Tinubu Saga, the Federal Government won't relent, the Feeral Government has made up her mind to let Tinubu down at all cost.

Tinubu thinks he's unstopable forgotten that
proudly9ja:

his cupboard is filled with cobwebs.
, somebody should make him know that Oba Mewa, Igba Mewa Lo Laye.

I ain't feeling jealousy about him but I strongly believe this is th right time he'll pay for his Sins.

Remember how he duped the Abachas, flee to the overs and made us think it'S because of the NADECO saga.

Remember how he decieved the then Alliance for Democrazy Leaders, took the Governorship away from Funsho.

Remember how he betrayed the so called Alliance for Democrazy Leaders, took away the Party from them and called them names in the process.

Remeber is plan to Hijack the Yoruba Socio-Cultural Group (AFENIFERE) from the Yoruba Elders, and start portraying himself as the Yoruba Leader.

We should note that the Certificate he used to contest for the Senate House in the @nd Republic is Different from the one he used to contest for the Governorship in 1999.

Remember, he was accused for Certificate Forgery, and if he didn't FORGED HIS WAY INTO THE GOVERNORSHIP why use every possibe tricks and torgery to Stop the Famous Lawyer Gani Fawehinmi SAN in the suit filed against him at the court of law on his Certificate Forgery, Why can't he defend it.

Remember how he threatened his Deputy "Kofoworola Bucknor" and made her resign in the attempt to to get her impeached.

Don't forget he is a thief to be mentioned, he emptied the lagos State Treasury

He rigged the 2003 Governorship Election with the Support of the Presidency.

He again mass-rigged the 2007 Governorship Election with the Support of Atiku Abubakar's Wealth.

So What Do You Think Of Him Now, The OMO IRAGBIGI that calls himself A Lagosian.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by Virgo83(m): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2009
I wish you guys could understand the extent that this country have been deteriorate, you will understand that Yar'Adua is trying though not active as his predecessor.

Nigeria need not the likes of Yar'Adua now but the likes of Idi Agbon, Gerry Rawlings etc.
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by bawomolo(m): 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2009
lol@nigerian politicians running newspapers.

the propaganda machine is strong
Re: Yar'adua Calls For Tinubu Case Files by bashali: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2009
why

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Youth Of Today? / Britain Woos Babangida For 2011 Elections / How To Clean Up, Babatunde Fashola Take Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.