Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,407 members, 7,836,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators (728 Views)

Facts About NAIRALAND And Its Owner (PHOTOS included) / Attention Seun Osewa And Moderators! / Hello Nairaland Its Geeana! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 04, 2016
DONT BAN ME, AM SPEAKING THE MIND OF OTHERS

My moniker says Secretario (=SECRETARY) and I will live up to its bidding, the moniker seem recent that is because i continued as a guest before I registered finally.

When I stumbled on Nairaland at first by error from a google search, I remember I that I fell in love at first site.
The front page was a treasure box because it served as a break to the normal news and posts I see all round the internet.

The setting was discussion based and the frontpage was littered with helpful and useful contents that my battery had to shut down to joggle me back to reality, inshort the money I make now all started from reading on Nairaland.

For a period now I noticed a drastic change, NAIRALAND was becoming a blog in its posting style or because other bloggers started posting crap and it started making front page. This made them drive excess traffic to their site at the expense of originality and credibility and no one is bothered to put that to check.

I don’t know if they pay a fee to get all that, I am sorry if it sounds like I am treading on unguarded waters, but if they do, tell us to pay too.
Someone like me don’t do celebrity and gossip and thus I find it tedious to always go to the boards to check for posts lost in the archive. I know such posts bring more traffic and money but you try and mix them up with great and better posts.

The topics on front page is having a psychological effects on the youths in the following ways:

They are becoming Lazy

Job openings, business idea and self-improvement posts do not make fronpage again and this is making them believe that life is all sweet. All they do is argue on politics (Biafra and Buhari) because they are the only posts on frontpage and nothing else.

Go to job sections, there are so many job openings that do not make frontpage and people need things like that, scholarship opening are disregarded, business idea are not honored but just post a picture of Davido or Tiwa Savage and I will bet my life front page is sure.

They are becoming Inferior

What do you get when you start posting about some guys car, money, women and houses and knowing fully well that he has jobless age mates here who know nothing than to argue all day on politics, the celebrities posts them on Instagram and someone brings them here and the MOD falls for it.

I am not against it totally, but go over to investment, education, business, career boards, you will find posts that will be useful to this guys but no, and you still send valueless posts to FrontPage.

Instead, why not pick one of your user and make his or her picture the frontpage picture of the day, and see how you will boost morals and help them grow confident.

They are becoming stupid and foolish

Very foolish I must say and no one cares to look into this too. What is our business with what TUFACE said on his own twitter handle or how does DAVIDO babymama issue affect our life.

But because they find this on frontpage, you will see all sort of foolish and dumb replies and that is how the day will pass by with nothing productive on their own

Let me just stop here because, I can go on and on but the purpose of this post is that we need CHANGE.

NAIRALAND HELP US TO GET BETTER

GIVE US HELPFUL, USEFUL AND PROPER TOPICS ON FRONTPAGE!

I have taken it up to always draw the MOD attention to useful topics and i hope that they respond.

cc: seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, fynestboi, farano, rocktation, ishilove, obinoscopy, r231, Freiburger, dominique, puskin, naijacutee, FOD, CrazyMan, 1forall, dominique, MrKnowitall please copy other moderators

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by Elosky20: 8:15am On Jan 04, 2016
wow our nairaland has gone mad again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by akudinaobi(m): 8:19am On Jan 04, 2016
Good mind here bro
Sometimes I conclude that making frontpage with good post is politice
If their is a tag on it fine they should let us know
Rather than posting rubbish on front page
Imagine
Chicken peck a customer to coma in asaba and all what we will do that day is to be commenting
Mehn sometimes is boring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by G12(m): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2016
Lol...

Okay, OP I only scanned read your write up, nice points I must say.

But let me remind you that the aim of any business is to maximise profit. Such topics on the front page serve the business aim of this forum.

Since I learned to visit the business section, my life has changed. When I was job hunting, I always visit the job section as well. Any serious person should help himself, they've been given a platform. The various sections occupy the top position of the homepage.

When you type" Google.com" in your address bar a blank page displays, it's up to you what you want to do with it.

Your points are good, but people should learn to find help on their own too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 04, 2016
true talk bro.. u also stumbled upon nairaland the same way with me...through Google... and so many others too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2016
grin KK..... NOTED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 04, 2016
seconded . so true each time i visit nairaland, all am after is the front page news.and whenever i see such annoying headlines i logout immediately .@seun please call your moderators to action ,so they can make amend, this is a great forum. if possible suspend all these celebrity news to stop hitting the front page. that is not why we are here. this is a supportive forum , not just to Nigerians alone but to all Africans.
Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2016
+ can the mods put a leash on these bloggers..it is irritating the way they spam nairaland..its a turnoff searching for threads and all there is are stu.pid blog bs...
Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by godoluwa(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2016
YOU ARE RIGHT MR OP. MOST TOPIC ON FRONT PAGE ARE TO DRIVE TRAFFIC BUT TO HAVE ANY POSITIVE INPACT ON READERS. MIND YOU, MOST NIGERIANS PREFERS THEIR `WANT' TO THEIR `NEED' & THATS WHY NAIRALAND CONTINUE TO GIVE THEM THEIR WANT. AS FOR THE INFO, THERE ARE THOUSAND WEBSITES OUT THERE WHERE YOU CAN LEARN. GO TO THE SECTION OF YOUR CHOICE TO GET WHAT YOU NEED. I'M ADDICTED TO BUSINESS SECTION & AM SATISFIED WITH WHAT I GOT THERE. TO SANITIZE NAIRALAND WILL REDUCE ITS TRAFFIC & SEUN NO GO TAKE THAT.

I REST MY CASE
Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by PLANETMARS(m): 9:17am On Jan 04, 2016
This thread would be deleted in five, four,three,two,one
Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2016
The supermod Lalasticlala has explained a simple fact to us all and I believe it is the simple truth. Read the quote to get the fact from his perspective.

We commend them and appreciate there efforts as moderators.

Thanks.

lalasticlala:

I read your open letter to the admin, you have to understand one thing, we do mix topics, as in we feature topics from various sections, but some sections are featured more on fp due to popular demand, people would easily click on topics from politics, celebrities, romance, than from some other sections, that doesnt mean we will not or we dont feature topics from those other sections that people hardly care about.. We still try to balance.. now check this thread out, https://www.nairaland.com/2837950/41-real-facts-know-life, it is your thread which is on fp now, at night, compare the number of views and comments with threads on fp from celebrities and politics, or romance, you will understand what i'm talking about.. People criticize celebrity topics or politics, but they will be the first to open such threads when you post something like ''See the new car olamide acquired after the headies'', but post something like '' how to be a responsible parent, son or daughter'', few peolpe will open that...
Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by PLANETMARS(m): 10:15am On Jan 04, 2016
Secretario:
The supermod Lalasticlala has explained a simple fact to us all and I believe it is the simple truth. Read the quote to get the fact from his perspective.

We commend them and appreciate there efforts as moderators.

Thanks.

so u mean a robot sent u that reply?
Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 04, 2016
PLANETMARS:
so u mean a robot sent u that reply?

He is not a robot oh.

Lalasticlala na human being oh!
Re: CONCERNED USER: Letter To Nairaland, Its Owner, Members And Moderators by PLANETMARS(m): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2016
Secretario:

He is not a robot oh.
Lalasticlala na human being oh!
lol I knw na

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump And Africans... (pic) / Photos: Mini Bus Burning Right Now At Oworonshoki Near Ogudu Bus Stop / Oliseh-resigns-as-seagles-coach/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.