Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ (2078 Views)

Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP / Biafra: Why I’m Flouting Bail Conditions – Nnamdi Kanu / Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by hmuhammad(m): 9:12am On Jan 04, 2016
Igbo elites have maintained sealed lips over the ordeal of the agitator for a sovereign state of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, because they were never at any point consulted over his mission, an activist has said.

“I think it's very wrong to involve the Igbo elites in Kanu's woes since they were not involved from the beginning,” said Mazi David Nonso Ifeanyi Ezedinma, National Coordinator of Igbos Diaspora Initiative for Buhari (IDIB), a pro- President Muhammadu Buhari group of Igbo.

“The continued silence by Igbo elite is quite articulate; it speaks volume, saying the elites of the tribe won’t want to be dragged into what they have no idea about,” he said.

Ezedinma who spoke with Daily Trust on phone today said that he is worried about the continuous impression of cowardice by Igbo elites, or of abandoning their own, as being created by some analysts, and explained that the elites will not abandon their own.

He said the problem lies with Kanu’s handling of the issue of Igbo’s political status in Nigeria, explaining that an agitation for session cannot be an individual’s but the people of the tribe, which he emphasizes do not lack the intellectual capability to execute.

“The Igbo as a people are a force to reckon with in Africa and the world at large. We have the intellectual capability to execute any agitation, as we have the numerical strength. The agitation for session cannot be an individual’s opinion as though the nation of Igbo people lacks nationalists,” he said, adding: “There is nothing wrong with any individual raising nationalistic conscience, but executing an agitation to support such nationalistic ideals for the Igbo has to start with consulting the elites for their opinion and support.”

“We never knew there was anything like the agitation to create a sovereign state for a people scattered across the length and breadth of Nigeria. We only wok up a certain morning to read that a certain agitator for a sovereign state for us the Igbo, was on air the night before, making pronouncements for and on behalf of the Igbo. That is overzealousness.”

“Kanu did not consult the Igbo leaders before embarking on this unsolicited liberation crusade .One thing I want you to understand from the continuous silence by Igbo elites is that Kanu and his co-travellers did not consult the Igbo leadership before embarking on this sensitive agenda .However, if the young man is remorseful for dragging the entire Igbo race into opprobrium, that's the only reason Igbo elites should consider and intercede. If Biafran agitators are demanding for increased federal government presence in the South East certainly, Ohaneze ndi-Igbo and other notable Igbo groups would have made strong demand for Kanu's release. But what did we have; a Kanu looking for heroism using the Igbo,” he said.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/biafra-why-igbo-elites-are-tight-lipped-over-kanu-s-ordeal/127105.html#SZ9ckCopIFhdxMy8.99

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Gracito(f): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by mayorchelsea(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2016
nnamdi kunu
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 04, 2016
Every Igboman want Biafra. Did I answer your question?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by olamieseun(m): 9:24am On Jan 04, 2016
THE LOCUST YEARS
Victor Aghayere: table.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN MET OVER $60B IN NIGERIAS FOREIGN RESERVE AND HE SOLD OIL AT THE HIGHEST RATE IN NIGERIAS HISTORY OVER A HUNDRED AND THIRTY DOLLARS A BARREL AND
NIGERIA EXPORTED. OVER 2MILLION BARRELS A DAY. THIS WAS THE CASE FOR AT LEAST FOUR OUT OF THE SIX YEARS JONATHAN SPENT AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA...YET GOODLUCK JONATHAN LEFT NIGERIA BROKE . THE FOREIGN RESERVE WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE CUSHION FOR THE NAIRA WAS DOWN TO $30B WHEN JONATHAN HANDED OVER .
TILL TODAY I HAVE NOT HEARD AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY THE FOREIGN. RESERVE. WAS LOOTED SO MINDLESSLY EVENTHOUGH OIL PRICES WERE AT A
RECORD HIGH...NORWAY DEVELOPED A WHOLE. NEW INDUSTRY AS REVENUE EARNER WITH THE OIL WINDFALL BUT JONATHAN STOLE NIGERIA'S WINDFALL AND THE THE HUGE FOREIGN RESERVE
HE INHERITED FROM YARADUA...NIGERIA HAS NEVER BEEN SO MINDLESSLY LOOTED. ... BABA COULD NOT HAVE BEEN DEALT A WORSE HAND....HE INHERITED
A COUNTRY IN ICU . THAT IS WHY HE IS ANGRY AND WALAHI PEOPLE MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE
...MAY GOD HELP BUHARI AND NIGERIA.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by EasternActivist: 9:32am On Jan 04, 2016
And who are these Igbo elites??

I don't mean political leaders but elites?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Caseless: 9:46am On Jan 04, 2016
Lerra
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by yungpowers(m): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by egift(m): 10:11am On Jan 04, 2016
Riensi:
Every Igboman want Biafra. Did I answer your question?

Lies from the pit of hell.

I don't. And I know many who don't as well.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Eledan: 10:23am On Jan 04, 2016
EasternActivist:
And who are these Igbo elites??

I don't mean political leaders but elites?

..and who are YOU?

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by babyfaceafrica: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2016
Consultation is important,that's where kanu goofed,that is why also any biafra with SS will fail!!!!!!!!......no SS elder and elite was consulted!!!!.....dis type of thing is not by bia bia,dis is not onitsha or aba business.People need to know the modus operandi of things...I just pity kanu...when buhari is through with him, sorry will be his name!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by EasternActivist: 10:27am On Jan 04, 2016
Eledan:

..and who are YOU?
I am a nairalander.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Eledan: 10:28am On Jan 04, 2016
EasternActivist:

I am a nairalander.
Better. Your opinions stay on Nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by TheNonce: 10:32am On Jan 04, 2016
grin

This kanu don suffer! See as him nna brothers fashi am like abandoned baby! Abi the guy sef no be real igbo? Lol...

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by spanishkid(m): 10:33am On Jan 04, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu is in for a very long ride. He's going to hanged or given life imprisonment with hard labour. PMB is not Gej who's a weakling. PMB is a General and not a bloody civilian like Gej. Nnamdi Kanu should be properly dealt with. I'll suggest a death sentence by firing squad.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by EasternActivist: 10:35am On Jan 04, 2016
Eledan:

Better. Your opinions stay on Nairaland.
Why should it be so?
And when does question become an opinion.

You must be sick.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Eledan: 10:38am On Jan 04, 2016
EasternActivist:

Why should it be so?
And when does question become an opinion.

You must be sick.
Your father and mother are both sick

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by EasternActivist: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2016
Eledan:

My father and mother are both sick

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by HammerEvery(f): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2016
Hausa/fulani have created another Igbo group (Igbo Diaspora initiative for Buhari) and endorsed them on the pages of Daily trust, an hausa/fulani newspaper. Laugh wan kill me ooo.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Eledan: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2016
EasternActivist:
I'm a fool

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Naijiant: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by HARDBUOI: 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
wat will be will be!
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by omenka(m): 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
We never knew there was anything like the
agitation to create a sovereign state for a people
scattered across the length and breadth of
Nigeria. We only wok up a certain morning to
read that a certain agitator for a sovereign state for us the Igbo, was on air the night before,
making pronouncements for and on behalf of
the Igbo. That is overzealousness.”
From the bold portions, what I deduce these guys are saying politely is that:

1. They have no idea who Nnamumudi Kaalu is- he's a nonentity.

2. He didn't consult anybody before speaking on their behalf, therefore, he's on his own!!

3. He's a raving lunatic.

God bless the good sons and daughters of Ndigbo.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Gbawe: 6:04am On Jan 06, 2016
olamieseun:
THE LOCUST YEARS
Victor Aghayere: table.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN MET OVER $60B IN NIGERIAS FOREIGN RESERVE AND HE SOLD OIL AT THE HIGHEST RATE IN NIGERIAS HISTORY OVER A HUNDRED AND THIRTY DOLLARS A BARREL AND
NIGERIA EXPORTED. OVER 2MILLION BARRELS A DAY. THIS WAS THE CASE FOR AT LEAST FOUR OUT OF THE SIX YEARS JONATHAN SPENT AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA...YET GOODLUCK JONATHAN LEFT NIGERIA BROKE . THE FOREIGN RESERVE WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE CUSHION FOR THE NAIRA WAS DOWN TO $30B WHEN JONATHAN HANDED OVER .
TILL TODAY I HAVE NOT HEARD AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY THE FOREIGN. RESERVE. WAS LOOTED SO MINDLESSLY EVENTHOUGH OIL PRICES WERE AT A
RECORD HIGH...NORWAY DEVELOPED A WHOLE. NEW INDUSTRY AS REVENUE EARNER WITH THE OIL WINDFALL BUT JONATHAN STOLE NIGERIA'S WINDFALL AND THE THE HUGE FOREIGN RESERVE
HE INHERITED FROM YARADUA...NIGERIA HAS NEVER BEEN SO MINDLESSLY LOOTED. ... BABA COULD NOT HAVE BEEN DEALT A WORSE HAND....HE INHERITED
A COUNTRY IN ICU . THAT IS WHY HE IS ANGRY AND WALAHI PEOPLE MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE
...MAY GOD HELP BUHARI AND NIGERIA.

Indeed. What sane and decent person will not be seething with rage over what GEJ and his minions have done to Nigeria? In fact what kind of human being is able to still support and hold brief for Jonathan today after all that has been revealed?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by BeardedMeat(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2016
egift:

Lies from the pit of hell.

I don't. And I know many who don't as well.
its either you are not an ibo man or you are a political jobber who is benefiting from the shody current arrangement, goodnews is your head would fall first when the jungle matures!
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by egift(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2016
BeardedMeat:
its either you are not an ibo man or you are a political jobber who is benefiting from the shody current arrangement, goodnews is your head would fall first when the jungle matures!

@Bold:
Is exactly why I will never support caving out a Caveland in Aligbo - you openly threaten to cut off my head because I have a different opinion on matters that affect me, my family and community too. What type of blood sucking desolation are you planning to create? Why should I then stop someone who wants to cut your ow head (since you just wish to cut mine)?.

I want the development and prosperity of Aligbo and I do not support your war mongering path to anarchy.

And yes, saying every Igbo man supports BiaNonSense is a Lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by egift(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2016
BeardedMeat:
There will definitely be consequences for the minority naysayers

Keep those lies to yourself. While we feed the useless abino half cooked watery beans grin grin grin grin
Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by Nossa(m): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2016
omenka:
From the bold portions, what I deduce these guys are to saying politely is that:

1. They have no idea who Nnamumudi Kaalu is- he's a nonentity.

2. He didn't consult anybody before speaking on their behalf, therefore, he's on his own!!

3. He's a raving lunatic.

God bless the good sons and daughters of Ndigbo.

if you're above 16 years of age then your behaviour doesn't reflect the numbers

1 Like

Re: Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ by BeardedMeat(m): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2016
egift:

Keep those lies to yourself. While we feed the useless abino half cooked watery beans grin grin grin grin
Now I fully understand why you AKA e-goat! grin

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Proposed Solution To The Herdsmen Crisis? / If A Person Marry Adesegun Ademusiwa Will Your Baby Be Ugly / Buhari "I Am Not Intresting For The Second Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.