Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village (871 Views)

Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / See How A Facebook User Was Scammed And Given Paper At Computer Village, Ikeja / My Heroic Experience At Computer Village. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village by mayorjosh(m): 10:38am On Jan 04, 2016
mehn i had a crazy new years evÄ›

it all started last december when i decided I was going to dump iPhone for something new.I handed my sister the iPhone and decided I wanted to use and see what bb OS 10 was like cos ive never used it.so I decided I was going to buy a Z3

so on new years eve,i got to ikeja,went to oba akran o withdraw some cash.I got the phone then I still had like 3,000 on me so I got two things I needed then decided to go home

walking out of computer village,someone grabbed my hand and looking back I saw this huge looking man and in the twinkle of an eye,they had become four and I already knew I was done for

all of a sudden their boss "captain" was like 'alaye ki lo gbe si owo' (Mr man what are you holding?) and I answered them saying my boss sent me to get her the phone.Then they began to ransack me(meanwhile I had just fifty naira left on with the mindset of going to withdraw after leaving computer village...the guy then told me "iya e,o ti e wa lowo mo leyin ti o ti ra fone,ola wipe waso lo ku e ni mo se maw fo e sole,if not,mi o ba ti gra fone ati gbogbo nkan ara e,wha maa lo si ile e ki iya to beere si wa e mori(your mother,you dont even have money again after buying a phone,its backside you have fifty naira left on you that ill leave you if not,i would have collected the phone and everything on you,just leave before your mom starts looking for you)"

at this point it became a scenario.Feeling embarrassed,i hurriedly left the scene.After narrating my story to a friend,he said I was lucky they didnt take anything from me

the most painful thing was that people kept staring and did nothing

NB: I didnt post this early cos olamide v don jazzy was brisk FP business grin
Re: My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village by bhaliz44(m): 10:46am On Jan 04, 2016
hmm.. What an eye opener ..be careful next time you in computer village,that place can be vulnerable at times. smiley
Re: My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village by lekjons(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
Be careful next time..
Re: My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village by nerdfrost(m): 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
Na God save u oooo!! But people wicked sha!! They were just staring
Re: My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village by mayorjosh(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
nerdfrost:
Na God save u oooo!! But people wicked sha!! They were just staring
abi...it was so embarrasing
bhaliz44:
hmm.. What an eye opener ..be careful next time you in computer village,that place can be vulnerable at times. smiley
lekjons:
Be careful next time..
[quote author=bhaliz44 post=41638195]
thanks
Re: My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village by deelabs(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
You were Lucky.

Auto Parts, Service Vendors, Mechanics, Car Sales & Auction made easy. Simply register & search with ease.
http://www.carpartsnigeria.com/users/sign_in
Re: My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village by baib(m): 3:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Please, I am balogun ibrahim a final year student of Ladoke akintola University, doing a project titled "ASSESSMENT OF E-WASTE MANAGEMENT IN IKEJA LGA. I was in Ikeja computer in December 2015, to administer my questionnaire which i did few (100 out of 363 questionnaires), even though i was unable to finish due to some limitations like respondent telling me they are busy that will i pay them or they don't have time, some of the questionnaires still needs some more real details which is lacking from previous administered.

*****Here E-waste means electronic waste******

Please, I will like people to help on more details by replying here the answers only: like

1. what do you to collect e-waste (a) Drums (b) Buckets (c) Baskets (d) Nylon (e) Others; specify______________________
2. which disposal method do you use to dispose e-waste (a) open dump (b) burning (c) collection point (d) e-waste vendor
3. occupational status (a) electronic repairers (b) electronic importers (c) computer and photocopier services (d) mobile phones services (e) local recycle rs (f) artisan (g) Other; specify________________________
4. who does e-waste collection (a) self effort (b) private sector (c) government agency (d) truck pushers (e) Others; specify______________________
5. If not self-effort how much do you pay for the service: _________________
6. What is your payment plan: (1) Daily (2) Weekly (3) Monthly (4) Pay as you dispose
7. How regular is the evacuation: (1) Daily (2) Weekly (3) Fortnightly (4) Monthly (5) Occasionally
8. E-waste is a source of income: (1) Yes (2) No

Your faithfully
Balogun Ibrahim

(1) (Reply)

Between Android And Windows, Which one is Better / Mtn New Tactics To Recover Their Ncc Panalty From Nigerians / How To Use Facebook App And Other Apps On Ur BB10 Phone!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.