Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet (2827 Views)

Why Infinix Note 3? / Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Frontier2: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
I read an article in July 2015, written by a blogger titled "Is Infinix and others eating TECNO’s cheese in Nigeria?. In that article, he examined the question of innovation and value for money and submits that "TECNO have relaxed in terms of innovation, most of their current crop of smartphones in the market no longer offer value for money".

And by all appearances, that was correct at the time. Up till that time, the only striking smartphone from TECNO in 2015 was the Boom J7. The J7 is a beautiful device, but it didn't stand out much and drive the kind of hype people were used to with TECNO.

Probably because of low marketing drive for this nice device. I still love this device up till now and it's still one of the greatest 1gb RAM phones with great multitasking

The Boom J7 really is something - a beautiful design with great music and audio capabilities. And a good performer too. But due to some reasons it didn't get the kind of buzz i expect from it.

Tecno realized this early enough during the year, and things have completely changed for these two reasons

Count One: Camon C8
The affordable camera-centric Camon C8 was a hit. TECNO promised that it would wow users with its camera and it has done just that. The 3,000 mAh battery helped too.

Count Two: Phantom 5
We didn't see this coming. We knew TECNO was playing for premium, but we didn't think it would come out this good. Immediately details of the Phantom 5 went public, it became the talk of the town both by lovers and haters of the brand. The talk hasn't died out months after - and the premium metal build, gorgeous display, BOOM Player and awesome stereo audio, fingerprint scanner, 3,000 mAh battery, 4G LTE, and great performance means that the Phantom 5 will stay in the public eye for a while.

In fairness, Infinix had an equally exciting year. So, 2015 was a very good year for both brands. Perhaps, Infinix is merely only nibbling at TECNO's cheese. After all, TECNO remains far ahead in terms of sales and has clinched the position of the largest smartphone brand in Nigeria.

The year 2016 is going to be an exciting year in the mobile industry. We expect lots of innovation from tecno mobile.
The question is, will Tecno mobile retain its leadership position of the smartphone market in Nigeria?
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by mosjames: 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
Infinix ain't gon stop eating Tecno's cheese.
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Frontier2: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
mosjames:
Infinix ain't gon stop eating Tecno's cheese.
I believe Tecno's marketing strategy is the strongest. It's very smart
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by mosjames: 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
Frontier2:
No doubt about that
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Marvell23(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
They both did well in 2015. Let's see how 2016 gonna be
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by jideprof: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
Frontier2, I'll be glad if you can tell me that tecno device that has broken the sales records of infinix Hot2 AndroidOne...

1 Like

Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by bobo65(m): 12:07am On Jan 05, 2016
jideprof:
Frontier2, I'll be glad if you can tell me that tecno device that has broken the sales records of infinix Hot2 AndroidOne...

Is it d same hot 2 ppl are tryna get rid off

Trust me, Tecno m3 sold more than it
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Frontier2: 8:33am On Jan 05, 2016
jideprof:
hot 2 sold very well online but can't beat the sales record of tecno n3 or phantom A+ generally.
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Yorubago(f): 9:19am On Jan 05, 2016
Closely following.., Tecno def woke up from their slumber is all I know sha
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 05, 2016
They only talk about Tecno. Nothing else matters yet they claim they ain't paid robots. They can easily be identified. They are here and more will still join them..
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Marvell23(m): 9:57am On Jan 05, 2016
We saw the entrance of Xiaomi last year but it seems they are not ready to compete. I will like ZTE and Meizu to try their lucks because it's like Tecno and infinix are hard nuts to Crack
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by daphid25(m): 11:07am On Jan 05, 2016
ollah1:
They only talk about Tecno. Nothing else matters yet they claim they ain't paid robots. They can easily be identified. They are here and more will still join them..
But you don't have work o, your monitoring them?
Who knows if you're getting paid too cool
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Orator2383: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2016
Marvell23:
We saw the entrance of Xiaomi last year but it seems they are not ready to compete. I will like ZTE and Meizu to try their lucks because it's like Tecno and infinix are hard nuts to Crack
The two phones xiaomi brought to Nigeria are collecting dust because they are expensive and old. Nigeria can't be taken for granted any more
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2016
daphid25:

But you don't have work o, your monitoring them?
Who knows if you're getting paid too cool

aint u one of them?
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by benigneOne(f): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
Both brands are doing well but Infinix is certainly not eating tecno's cheese. Tecno has a wider variety of phones that suit people from all walks of life. Infinix is still very limited.

1 Like

Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Lagusta(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
benigneOne:
Both brands are doing well but Infinix is certainly not eating tecno's cheese. Tecno has a wider variety of phones that suit people from all walks of life. Infinix is still very limited.

out of all the points raised above, na only yours sure pass....

I use a hot2 tho....
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Maximum83: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
benigneOne:
yea both are doing well. I love them both
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
jideprof:

Tecno p5 ...kindly google it
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by benigneOne(f): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
jesfrosh:

Tecno p5 ...kindly google it
Also Camon c8 .. One of the most sold out phones of 2015
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by ChidinmaRose(f): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Yes,I agree. They are all over NIgeria.

Frontier2:
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by ChidinmaRose(f): 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
ZTE Which brand is that tho. LOL. Yeah, I agree, both of them are doing good but we obviously know which one is the winner

Marvell23:
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Yorubago(f): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
benigneOne:

Very true though! There was a massive rush for the phone during the price slash!
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Yorubago(f): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
benigneOne:

You're very correct! Moreover, Infinix is still early in this market! Tecno can even be tagged as a pioneer in the African tech boom market
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Orator2383: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
ChidinmaRose:
ZTE Which brand is that tho. LOL. Yeah, I agree, both of them are doing good but we obviously know which one is the winner

ZTE is a Chinese OEM.
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by BenKafor(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
Yeah, during black friday, I couldn't find it to buy anymore

Yorubago:

Very true though! There was a massive rush for the phone during the price slash!
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by BenKafor(m): 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
I can't find it to buy anymore. It is so annoying

benigneOne:

Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by BenKafor(m): 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
The boom j7 was a really cool music phone I MUST SAY

Frontier2:

I read an article in July 2015, written by a blogger titled "Is Infinix eating TECNO’s cheese in Nigeria?. In that article, he examined the question of innovation and value for money and submits that "TECNO have relaxed in terms of innovation, most of their current crop of smartphones in the market no longer offer value for money".

And by all appearances, that was correct at the time. Up till that time, the only striking smartphone from TECNO in 2015 was the Boom J7. The J7 is a beautiful device, but it didn't stand out much and drive the kind of hype people were used to with TECNO.

Probably because of low marketing drive for this nice device. I still love this device up till now and it's still one of the greatest 1gb RAM phones with great multitasking

The Boom J7 really is something - a beautiful design with great music and audio capabilities. And a good performer too. But due to some reasons it didn't get the kind of buzz i expect from it.

Tecno realized this early enough during the year, and things have completely changed for these two reasons

The affordable camera-centric Camon C8 was a hit. TECNO promised that it would wow users with its camera and it has done just that. The 3,000 mAh battery helped too.

We didn't see this coming. We knew TECNO was playing for premium, but we didn't think it would come out this good. Immediately details of the Phantom 5 went public, it became the talk of the town both by lovers and haters of the brand. The talk hasn't died out months after - and the premium metal build, gorgeous display, BOOM Player and awesome stereo audio, fingerprint scanner, 3,000 mAh battery, 4G LTE, and great performance means that the Phantom 5 will stay in the public eye for a while.

In fairness, Infinix had an equally exciting year. So, 2015 was a very good year for both brands. Perhaps, Infinix is merely only nibbling at TECNO's cheese. After all, TECNO remains far ahead in terms of sales and has clinched the position of the largest smartphone brand in Nigeria.

The year 2016 is going to be an exciting year in the mobile industry. We expect lots of innovation from tecno mobile.
The question is, will Tecno mobile retain its leadership position of the smartphone market in Nigeria?

Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Frontier2: 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
BenKafor:

Yes very good phone
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Orator2383: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
BenKafor:

what could be responsible for the scarcity being experienced nw. They had better made available this year especially now that the marshmallow update is coming soon
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by benigneOne(f): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2016
BenKafor:

It's very much available ! If you tell me where you are I can tell you where to find one.
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by benigneOne(f): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2016
BenKafor:

Did you say was I think you meant IS
Re: Two Reasons Why Infinix and others are Not Eating Tecno’s Cheese Yet by Sundown123: 7:47am On Jan 08, 2016
Is that article old, cos from what I gather it must be. Cos now tecno does offer value for money. I would like to see more quality like the Samsung and iPhone, but for the amount of money it goes for, it's really thetdefinition of value for money
Frontier2:

I read an article in July 2015, written by a blogger titled "Is Infinix eating TECNO’s cheese in Nigeria?. In that article, he examined the question of innovation and value for money and submits that "TECNO have relaxed in terms of innovation, most of their current crop of smartphones in the market no longer offer value for money".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free: Watch And Downloading Unlimited Movie For Free On Airtel Via Nuvu App / Wifi Only Iphone X For Sale 80k Only / CAMON 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.