Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena (2690 Views)

Nduka Obaigbena Surrenders To EFCC For Questioning / Dasukigate: Femi Adesina Collected N50m – Obaigbena / Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by urbanmonk: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Culled from Nduka's letter to Efcc

6. Why did ONSA pay General Hydrocarbons Ltd and not directly to the account of NPAN? We did supply the account of NPAN to the Federal Government through the ONSA once we agreed the N120,000,000 compensation for member newspapers. But when I got a call from an official of the ONSA informing me that the payments agreed with The President was ready and should arrange to pick up cash, I balked and refused, asking him to pay to the NPAN account. Even when he suggested that The Nigerian Guild of Editors – NGE -(who are now calling for a probe) was paid N50,000,000 cash by the ONSA when President Jonathan donated to the building of the NGE secretariat, I still refused to collect cash and in any case, I had no independent confirmation the Nigerian Guild of Editors had collected cash. And even if they did, I was not prepared to do so. And when he insisted, after I had refused to pick up such a huge amount in cash, we agreed in good faith they credit the account of General Hydrocarbons Ltd, who upon legal advice, were acting in agency in line with industry practice where most payments are received through agencies, but in this instance, at no cost. General Hydrocarbons Ltd did receive the payments on behalf of NPAN and delivered same to NPAN, at no cost, despite bank charges. General Hydrocarbons Ltd – a member of the THISDAY Newspapers Group – who are bonafide members of NPAN – therefore collected the compensation on behalf NPAN and passed on exactly what was collected in fulfillment of the out-of-court settlement reached between President Goodluck Jonathan and the expanded leadership of NPAN who attended the June 12, 2014 meeting, at the invitation of The President, at State House Marina, Lagos to ensure newspapers are never again clamped down after years of military harassment.

read more for details:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/thisdays-statement-on-compensation-to-npan/

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by sammyj: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Father Christmas sorry DASUKI a drowning man looking for who to pull along !!! angry grin
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by yudee233: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Let all involved face the music
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by disloman(m): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
Op!Please come up with another news.Please read and comprehend whatever you read.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by mirabel001(f): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
d money never finish...dis zoo self
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by Owoplenty(m): 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tell it in court
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by omolami: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
See Femi who is telling lies to cover his oga, mr president. What can he tell nigerians about his own share if the loot.? Am sure Buhari is not aware of this. Even if he knows, he will say the obvious," No CORRUPT person in my cabinet" Thief identifying the footsteps of another thief on a rock
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2016
2. Why was the payment made to General Hydrocarbons Ltd and not to THISDAY directly?

First, President Goodluck Jonathan made it clear at the beginning that he did not want to create a precedent by paying THISDAY compensation given we had several victims of Boko Haram bombings around the country. Once payment was approved for the reconstruction of the UN Buildings in Abuja, that continued refusal or reluctance to pay us became tenuous as we were the next institution to be so bombed after the UN and Police Headquarters buildings which were then being reconstructed by the Federal Government. So when the ONSA said that they had approval to pay us, but would rather not set a precedent by paying THISDAY directly, we nominated a member company of the THISDAY Newspapers Group, called General Hydrocarbons Ltd., to receive the payments on behalf of the group of companies, given that the assets of General Hydrocarbons Ltd – mainly generators – were also destroyed in the bombings.

The Bold above, is enough to convict you!

Useless Nduka!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2016
omolami:
See Femi who is telling lies to cover his oga, mr president. What can he tell nigerians about his own share if the loot.? Am sure Buhari is not aware of this. Even if he knows, he will say the obvious," No CORRUPT person in my cabinet" Thief identifying the footsteps of another thief on a rock

Please read that Nigerian Guild of Editors collected N50 million donation towards its secretariat. However, the money was paid in cash.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by omenka(m): 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
The title of the thread and its content are like two parallel lines.

Op, I hail oo.

7 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by dustmalik: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
I have said it before and i'll say it again. There are too many fools roaming around the internet these days. Now, more than ever, we need that social media bill.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by eagleeye2: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Espeakekwele...... Femi 'of the Wailing Wailer' Adeshina

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by eagleeye2: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:
The title of the thread and its content are like two parallel lines.

Op, I hail oo.
My brother, I'm appalled at the extent journalism has sank. The exposition shows how GEJ went to the lowest level to bribe journalists. Even then some media houses still maintain blind loyalty.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by Kyase(m): 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
mirabel001:
d money never finish...dis zoo self
undecided

seun I think a new rule should be added, no use of zoo when the topic those not concern animals or suffer a lifetime ban grin
starting from this shegoa..........
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by eagleeye2: 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
dustmalik:
I have said it before and i'll say it again. There are too many fools roaming around the internet these days. Now, more than ever, we need that social media bill.
Taaaaa gbafuo there. You say what? After APC don introduce Propaganda, you come don yarn dust.
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by omenka(m): 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
kITATITA:

My brother, I'm appalled at the extent journalism has sank. The exposition shows how GEJ went to the lowest level to bribe journalists. Even then some media houses still maintain blind loyalty.
Nah, you can't put this on journalists. It is the op trying to make his own deductions. The original title of the story from the source is at variance with the title of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
omenka:
Nah, you can't put this on journalists. It is the op trying to make his own deductions. The original title of the story from the source is at variance with the title of the thread.

You are correct. Vanguard didn't mention Femi

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by TimeManager(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
Congrats OP, Your bufoonery has been noted. You can't stop a man who has made up his mind to wail.

The truth has spoken!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by princemillla(m): 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
Irrespective of who's involved, in as much as ur name is mentioned, Dss should do the needful. Invite them, quiz them, found guilty detain, or free em. No one is bigger than Nigeria law
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by mirabel001(f): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kyase:

undecided

seun I think a new rule should be added, no use of zoo when the topic those not concern animals or suffer a lifetime ban grin
starting from this shegoa..........
So y ar u quotin me...am i seun?
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 05, 2016
Na wah for dis our Government officials o... no one's pipe seem to be clean anyway...
Re: Femi Adesina Collected 50M Cash From Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena by Sibrah: 3:17am On Jan 05, 2016
Never say never, for someone who once talked against Buhari as part GEJ campaign it isn't impossible.

(1) (Reply)

"We'll Partner With Abia State Govt On Infrastructural Development - Gov Udom / Ikere Gorge Dam: A Long Forgotten Dream - A Reminder / See This Picture Of Governor Wike That Got People Talking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.