Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Dedicates Award To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Dedicates Award To Nigerians (392 Views)

Aisha Buhari Dedicates Award To Nigerian Soldiers (photos) / Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Advice Nigerians On Sunday Service(screenshots) / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Dedicates Award To Nigerians by aalangel(f): 8:38am On Jan 05, 2016
Dr. Good luck Jonathan wrote this on his Facebook page:

I thank The African Sun Times for naming me as its International Person of the year, 2015. I am indeed humbled by this honour. When I think about it, I understand why this medium may have thought me worthy of such an honour.

However, I believe that my people, the Nigerian people, are more deserving of this honour. We, the Nigerian people put to shame naysayers and prophets of doom and in 2015, we held a most transparent, violence free and credible elections that transferred power from one political party to another and from an incumbent to the opposition, without rancour, bitterness or strife.

In the process, we proved that nobody's political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian or any national of any country for that matter.

That to me, is a most worthy testimonial of the character of the Nigerian nation and the resilience of our people which is why I dedicate this honour to them.

May God continue to bless Nigeria and Nigerians. GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Dedicates Award To Nigerians by vivianblog(f): 9:00am On Jan 05, 2016
grin grin
Re: Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Dedicates Award To Nigerians by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:01am On Jan 05, 2016
YOUR EMINENCE, WE THE PROGRESSIVE YOUTHS OF THIS NATION WANT TO SAY A BIG 'SORRY' TO YOU FOR REJECTING YOU WHEN WE OUGHT TO HAVE ACCEPTED YOU. WE ARE NOW REGRETTING OUR ACTIONS, WE PRAY YOU FIND THE HEART TO FORGIVE US SIR. PLEASE COME BACK 2019, AND SEE HOW THOSE THAT REJECTED YOU WOULD VOTE FOR YOU AGAIN.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why President Buhari Could Get The ‘jonathan Treatment’ / A Wake Up Call To Our Political Tyros (open Letter To All Nigerian Youths) / Supreme Court Affirms The Election Of Governor Yari Of Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.