Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. (2309 Views)

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad / APC Never Knew Things Were This Bad-john Odigie Oyegun / Omoyele Sowore; APC Was Unprepared For Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2016
In as much as I want this administration to succeed, I have the right to say Buhari and APC never prepared for governance. They were carried away with the idea of being in power that they forgot to prepare for the process.

It's just like a woman who is carried away by the thoughts of carrying her baby but forgets she will go through the 9 months period.

The presidency and APC is clearly overwhelmed by the challenges of this nation.

Buhari and the APC have failed to provide balance to the system. What they are doing is like moving all the weight to one side of the boat. This will make the boat sing from one side.

President moves to tackle corruption while the economy collapses from the other side. Buhari focused on party decision and politics while our economy was collapsing. He delayed in appointing ministers Forgeting that Nigeria and the economy is not paused waiting for APC.

Now due to the govts lack of creativity, the government will once again move the load of the economic challenges to the citizens to bear.

This will be clearly seen by the measures that will be taken by govt in days to come.

Subsidy will be removed.

Electricity tariff will be increased.

Duties payed for import will increase.

This in turn increases hardship and affects every area of life of the citizen.

Well APC supporters will blindly argue and finally blame Jonathan.

They will say the govt will pay unemployed youths 5k. Let me ask you this.

If I sell bread to you for 10 naira, and then I dash you 10 naira to buy the same bread, but increase the price of bread to 35 naira, have I really Done you a favour?

Which do you prefer, when the bread was 10 naira or when I dashed you 10 naira to add to your 10 naira and now sold the bread for 35 naira ?

The issue is that govt does not even know how to go about the giving out of the 5k. They won't even make this funds available to all that need it.

However, the govt already knows how to remove the subsidy and it will affect everyone.

Govt already knows how to increase electricity tariff and it will affect everybody.

Govt already knows how to increase import duties and it will affect everybody.

When it is time for the govt to benefit, they have cleared idea of how to go about it. But when it is time to assist the citizens it becomes a challenge.

They will say it's a global issue, the price of crude oil was higher during GEJ but it is lower now. That is why people have to suffer.

But on the other hand, despite the fall in oil price thr same govt will go for 2016 models of cars that are higher than the GEJ administration.

The same Govt will spend over 1 billion in computers and software in aso rock. This is up to 10 times higher than GEJ.

How come a government that took over power at $36 a barrel is spend more on itself that the govt that ruled with up $75 a barrel?

We all know that all those promises made were just to win votes. The oil prices were already down during the elections when they made all those promises. Now they use oil prices as an excuse.

No clear cut economic direction. Both local and foriegn investors are confused.

Manufacturers are frustrated, businesses are frustrated, citizens are frustrated.

Since there is no economic direction, there can't be a foriegn policy direction as well.

They say they want to use forex to frustrate import and improve manufacturing and export, yet they have not put the infrastructure and facilities in place to support that.

The judiciary has been insulted and humiliated, but the APC is silent and supports this . You want people to be found guilty and sent to jail by the court and they obey, but you will not obey the court for bail.

Don't tell me the govt just came into power. Buhari contested 3 times before winning, so all the while he had no ideas of what to do with power?

Like applying for a job, going for the interview 3 times, and then when your given a chance u say u know nothing about the organisation.

From the media chat, it is clear the president knows nothing about the economy and even the budget and spending of the national assembly.

I pray for God to give him wisdom, but we must first admit he is not prepared.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by multikolour(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2016
what ever, they are ten times better than PDP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Goldmind1(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2016
Buhari should just resign before super inflation catches Nigeria.
And I suggest we go back to regional government, so that the more capable regions can thrive.

God bless U the reader and not Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by APCsupporter: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2016
You are dying to fight for corruption and you want the economy to improve grin

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by drss1(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2016
true talk brother. buari dullard n APC were more interested in winning power than governance. the promise dem buari APC made to nigerians was for d sole purpose of winning votes. nothing more.
GEJ govt is d best n miles ahead of buari. GEJ with oil at $120pb maintained fuel price at N97 per litre throughout his tenure despite sabotage n high subsidy but buari with oil at $34pb could not reduce fuel price to N40 per litre as they promised during their campaign of lies.

6 Likes

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by drss1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
lalasticlala dis thread is worthy of head qtrs.
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Bevista: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
And how was APC going to be "prepared" for governance without being on sit.
---
But it is important for democracy to have another party experience governance at the Federal level, so that PDP does not keep hoodwinking Nigerians by preaching that they have experience. The new administration will make mistakes but they will learn and improve and in the end, democracy will be better for it.
---
I don't even want to bother going into all the shallow criticism you wrote there
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
APCsupporter:
You are dying to fight for corruption and you want the economy to improve grin

Even if the govt recovers all looted funds, it will be swallowed by the same govt. The 6.8 trillion budget, only 30% will be used for capital projects.

The remaining 70% will be used for salaries. It will be used to pay the allowances of the NAS House of Rep, pay for the ministers, and all their convoys. The cost of Nigerian govt is too high, it gives little room for development. And the members of APC govt don't seem to care as long as they satisfy their personal desires.

Let's say the PDP is corrupt. Why won't the APC that has the majority refuse the spending on 2016 toyota cars, the 100s of millions spent on computer software in aso rock etc?

You can't focus on fighting corruption while foriegn and local investors are looking up to you for economic direction and policies.

So after fighting corruption and there is hyper inflation what happens?

When you have put all the corrupt people in jail and a loaf of bread is 5000 naira what do you gain?

Every aspect of the economy is critical at the moment ignoring 1 aspect will affect every other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bevista:
And how was APC going to be "prepared" for governance without being on sit.
---
But it is important for democracy to have another party experience governance at the Federal level, so that PDP does not keep hoodwinking Nigerians by preaching that they have experience. The new administration will make mistakes but they will learn and improve and in the end, democracy will be better for it.
---
I don't even want to bother going into all the shallow criticism you wrote there

How will you feel of you enter a flight and it takes of, and the pilot announces to passengers that this is his first time flying a plane, that you should bear with him and offer any advice you have in aviation to enable him land the plane?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by size40: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Park well brother. The PDP was prepared yet couldn't do anything meaningful in their 16 years of reign for Nigerians other than looting, looting and stealing, stealing.

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Bevista: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:
How will you feel of you enter a flight and it takes of, and the pilot announces to passengers that this is his first time flying a plane, that you should bear with him and offer any advice you have in aviation to enable him land the plane?

Flying a plane requires special training, governance does not. PDP had no training to govern, they simply relied on a previous Governor (OBJ) to use his his experience to do the job similar to what APC is doing now with PMB.

In spite of all the shortcomings of APC, are you telling me that PDP did a particularly good job during their reign?

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Ugomba(m): 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nigeria will start producing pencil by 2017- APC. - Buhari Is Confused, you have to pity him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by naijaboy756: 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
multikolour:
what ever, they are ten times better than PDP
ode! What have they done or completed in 8 months? Some people won't just hide their mumu-ness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by multikolour(m): 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
naijaboy756:
Some people won't just hide their mumu-ness
by this singular act it means I am better than you.

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
size40:
Park well brother. The PDP was prepared yet couldn't do anything meaningful in their 16 years of reign for Nigerians other than looting, looting and stealing, stealing.

I will call PDP corrupt because they sold oil for up to $80 and decided to spend 50% on themselves through govt. But i will call APC wicked for working with oil at $36 and want to spend 80% on themselves.

I would have thought they will suggest using made or assembled in Nigerian cars, yet they went for 2016 prado jeeps.

Those cars are neither assembled or manufactured in Nigeria. They are imported with foriegn currency. These are people who want to encourage production.

6 Likes

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bevista:
Flying a plane requires special training, governance does not. PDP had no training to govern, they simply relied on a previous Governor (OBJ) to use his his experience to do the job similar to what APC is doing now with PMB.

In spite of all the shortcomings of APC, are you telling me that PDP did a particularly good job during their reign?

If Buhari knew he was coming to learn governance, he could have started as a governor to understand how a democratic government works.

Well I can say PDP was not really flying a real plan but using an simulation software on a screen. The effects of their mistakes and recklessness would be cushioned by the high prices of crude.

Buhari just mounted a real plane and is attempting to practice on air. The effects will be disastrous.

3 Likes

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by talktimi(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
Gej is a clueless, kindergarten president. He shall be kicked out in 2019 cool

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Bevista: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:
If Buhari knew he was coming to learn governance, he could have started as a governor to understand how a democratic government works.

Well I can say PDP was not really flying a real plan but using an emulation software on a screen. The effects of their mistakes and recklessness would be cushioned by the high prices of crude.

Buhari just mounted a real plane and is attempting to practice on air. The effects will be disastrous.
I never told you PMB was coming to learn. I only stated the fact that there is no difference between APC/PMB now and PDP/OBJ in 1999.

Atleast you have also acknowledged the fact that whatever meagre performance of PDP had little or nothing to do with their capacity to govern but mere extraneous circumstances (high oil price).
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bevista:
I never told you PMB was coming to learn. I only stated the fact that there is difference between APC/PMB now and PDP/OBJ in 1999.

Atleast you have also acknowledged the fact that whatever meagre performance of PDP had little or nothing to do with their capacity to govern but mere extraneous circumstances (high oil price).

Why then did OBJ say Buhari was not a good administrator? OBJ is more educated than PMB and has always strived to learn more. Has buhari engaged in any learning since 1984?

How will he now understand the dynamics of today's governance and economy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Bevista: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:
Even if the govt recovers all looted funds, it will be swallowed by the same govt. The 6.8 trillion budget, only 30% will be used for capital projects.

The remaining 70% will be used for salaries. It will be used to pay the allowances of the NAS House of Rep, pay for the ministers, and all their convoys. The cost of Nigerian govt is too high, it gives little room for development. And the members of APC govt don't seem to care as long as they satisfy their personal desires.
Focusing on PERCENTAGES does not paint the full picture.
---
In ABSOLUTE terms, the APC government is spending less on recurrent (N2.35bn) than the 2015 budget (N2.59). In terms of Capital budget, the APC will be spending more (N1.5tn) than the 2015 budget (N533bn).
---
The budget is not perfect, it could have been better. But please give credit to where it is due.
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Rolings: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:
In as much as I want this administration to succeed, I have the right to say Buhari and APC never prepared for governance. They were carried away with the idea of being in power that they forgot to prepare for the process.

It's just like a woman who is carried away by the thoughts of carrying her baby but forgets she will go through the 9 months period.

Buhari and the APC have failed to provide balance to the system. What they are doing is like moving all the weight to one side of the boat. This will make the boat sing from one side.

President moves to tackle corruption while the economy collapses from the other side. Buhari focused on party decision and politics while our economy was collapsing. He delayed in appointing ministers Forgeting that Nigeria and the economy is not paused waiting for APC.

Now due to the govts lack of creativity, the government will once again move the load of the economic challenges to the citizens to bear.

This will be clearly seen by the measures that will be taken by govt in days to come.

Subsidy will be removed.

If I sell bread to you for 10 naira, and then I dash you 10 naira to buy the same bread, but increase the price of bread to 35 naira, have I really Done you a favour?

Which do you prefer, when the bread was 10 naira or when I dashed you 10 naira to add to your 10 naira and now sold the bread for 35 naira ?

The issue is that govt does not even know how to go about the giving out of the 5k. They won't even make this funds available to all that need it.

However, the govt already knows how to remove the subsidy and it will affect everyone.

Govt already knows how to increase electricity tariff and it will affect everybody.

When it is time for the govt to benefit, they have cleared idea of how to go about it. But when it is time to assist the citizens it becomes a challenge.

They will say it's a global issue, the price of crude oil was higher during GEJ but it is lower now. That is why people have to suffer.

But on the other hand, despite the fall in oil price thr same govt will go for 2016 models of cars that are higher than the GEJ administration.

The same Govt will spend over 1 billion in computers and software in aso rock. This is up to 10 times higher than GEJ.

How come a government that took over power at $36 a barrel is spend more on itself that the govt that ruled with up $75 a barrel?

We all know that all those promises made were just to win votes. The oil prices were already down during the elections when they made all those promises. Now they use oil prices as an excuse.

Manufacturers are frustrated, businesses are frustrated, citizens are frustrated.

Since there is no economic direction, there can't be a foriegn policy direction as well.

They say they want to use forex to frustrate import and improve manufacturing and export, yet they have not put the infrastructure and facilities in place to support that.

The judiciary has been insulted and humiliated, but the APC is silent and supports this . You want people to be found guilty and sent to jail by the court and they obey, but you will not obey the court for bail.

Don't tell me the govt just came into power. Buhari contested 3 times before winning, so all the while he had no ideas of what to do with power?

Like applying for a job, going for the interview 3 times, and then when your given a chance u say u know nothing about the organisation.

From the media chat, it is clear the president knows nothing about the economy and even the budget and spending of the national assembly.

Wrong analysis. In fact since 1999 the only person that actually wanted to be president and provide good governance for Nigeria is Buhari. Obasanjo never wanted to be president again but was brought out of prison and made president. Also Yar'adua didn't want to be president, before obj made him president and made a gej who was contented with being deputy governor a vice president and eventually president. While Buhari wanted to be president and save Nigeria in 2003,2007,2011 until he eventually became president in 2015. What makes you think we will not be facing the issues we were facing now had gej been re-elected. Remember we always have fuel scarcity around December for years now. Nigeria problem will not be solved the the day apc comes to power. We have started seeing changes ,even the blind can see it
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Bevista: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:
Why then did OBJ say Buhari was not a good administrator? OBJ is more educated than PMB and has always strived to learn more. Has buhari engaged in any learning since 1984?

Politicians do not always state facts, they only say what is politically expedient at the time. Is it not the same OBJ that rejected the PDP and threw his support behind PMB? How do you reconcile the 2 scenarios?
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by ScotsReferendum: 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:

Subsidy will be removed.

" Blame not the dumb politicians but the dumb people who voted them." Words on Marble

Those regions who voted APC out of ethno religious sentiments will suffer to the point that will curse the day they allowed hate selfishness and greed influenced their decision.

Signed

Scots Referendum cool

United Nations Referendum kiss

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by ScotsReferendum: 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:

I will call PDP corrupt because they sold oil for up to $80 and decided to spend 50% on themselves through govt. But i will call APC wicked for working with oil at $36 and want to spend 80% on themselves.

I would have thought they will suggest using made or assembled in Nigerian cars, yet they went for 2016 prado jeeps.

Those cars are neither assembled or manufactured in Nigeria. They are imported with foriegn currency. These are people who want to encourage production.

Very funny when a government that says no to importation is the one now importing

What of innoson .?

My brother,

The regions that voted APC will suffer their decision to the point that they will curse themselves

Signed

Scots Referendum cool

United Nations Referendum kiss
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by juman(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
One nigeria "leaders" lack the capacity to tackle the challenges of building a sensible country. They always concern with their insane parochial interest.

One nigeria is a waste of time.

Referendum is needed.
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Rolings:

Wrong analysis. In fact since 1999 the only person that actually wanted to be president and provide good governance for Nigeria is Buhari. Obasanjo never wanted to be president again but was brought out of prison and made president. Also Yar'adua didn't want to be president, before obj made him president and made a gej who was contented with being deputy governor a vice president and eventually president. While Buhari wanted to be president and save Nigeria in 2003,2007,2011 until he eventually became president in 2015. What makes you think we will not be facing the issues we were facing now had gej been re-elected. Remember we always have fuel scarcity around December for years now. Nigeria problem will not be solved the the day apc comes to power. We have started seeing changes ,even the blind can see it

You are right we are all seing changes.

Before it was only people in Nigeria that saw the changes, now even Nigerians abroad can see the changes. They cannot access their funds with their ATM cards.

Everybody is seeing the changes with CAN policies.

We can all see the changes that govt has announced fuel price at 86.50 and we can't see to buy in fuel stations.

We have seen changes in import duties making things so expensive for the common man.

We have seen changes in the increase in electricity tariff on the way.

We have seen changes, the govt now disobeys court orders.

Unfortunately, foriegn investors were the first to see these changes. They withdrew their funds and left.

The same changes JP Morgan saw and delist ed Nigeria

We see changes where govt borrows more to satisfy itself with luxury cars.

The changes are so clear that even Nigerians far away can see it.

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by jojomario(m): 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
FYM. Of what benefit was the 16 years rule of PDP? For this country to experince equilibrium, we must first experince instability. How do you tend to balance within few months when the damages occurred for several years. We must all face it ,and the time is NOW
For you to know, all those indicted have never denied it.
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Rolings: 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:

You are right we are all seing changes.

Before it was only people in Nigeria that saw the changes, now even Nigerians abroad can see the changes. They cannot access their funds with their ATM cards.

Everybody is seeing the changes with CAN policies.

We can all see the changes that govt has announced fuel price at 86.50 and we can't see to buy in fuel stations.

We have seen changes in import duties making things so expensive for the common man.

We have seen changes in the increase in electricity tariff on the way.

We have seen changes, the govt now disobeys court orders.

Unfortunately, foriegn investors were the first to see these changes. They withdrew their funds and left.

The same changes JP Morgan saw and delist ed Nigeria

We see changes where govt borrows more to satisfy itself with luxury cars.

The changes are so clear that even Nigerians far away can see it.

Was nigeria not existing before jp Morgan listed us in their index? I don't know which part of the country you are but in the part I am factories are springing up thou some have started during gej regime. But gej increased fuel before eventually reducing it when the conditions warranted. The current fuel price regime is for 3months after which there will be a review. Yes fuel sell at 86 in nnpc stations but the independent marketers argue that they have old stock and will not be able to sell @ 86.50 until their stock is exhausted. Does it make sense for you to allow your citizens spend what you don't have? Why allow people spend dollars on luxury items and goods that can be produced locally like toothpick,rice,tomato paste when we need dollars to bring in equipments to build critical infrastructure,pay for tuition for students abroad etc. If you need dollars get them from the proper channel

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by tope777(m): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bevista:

Yes!
1 The Phone you are using
2 The freedom of information.
...from that phone you are using, try go to Google and type PDP achievement in 16yrs the you get more.

Finally, the fail PDP are the bedrock, navigator and real people making things happen in APC, if you disagree ask: Saraki, Atiku,Obasanjo, Ali Udume,Tambuwa,El Rufai,Amechi,All Governor in the North and Millions of others.

Neither APC nor PDP destroy Nigeria, but our Politicians does. shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Naijiant: 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
jojomario:
FYM. Of what benefit was the 16 years rule of PDP? For this country to experince equilibrium, we must first experince instability. How do you tend to balance within few months when the damages occurred for several years. We must all face it ,and the time is NOW
For you to know, all those indicted have never denied it.

It seems like the only people facing it are the poor masses. Those who are getting the latest 2016 prado jeeps don't know about the hardship.
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by 1wolex85: 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:

the way some of you spit some things out of your mouth.How do you know for sure that he hasn't learnt anything since 1984? Do you have a certificate for everything you have learnt in your life?
It's OK to criticize the government for whatever short comings but to say they weren't prepared for governance is something you definitely do not know. This government has a four year tenure, let them even spend half of it before you come to all these your conclusions. Do you think things would have been better if GEJ won? if you think so, can you please give reasons

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Adebayo Made SA To Governor Ahmed Abdul Fatai / Operation Crocodile Smile: Army Arrests Top NDA Militant Leaders / See How Fayose Motivated Ekiti State Tailors Today With N10million(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.