Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. (2316 Views)

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad / APC Never Knew Things Were This Bad-john Odigie Oyegun / Omoyele Sowore; APC Was Unprepared For Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by 1wolex85: 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bevista:
Politicians do not always state facts, they only say what is politically expedient at the time. Is it not the same OBJ that rejected the PDP and threw his support behind PMB? How do you reconcile the 2 scenarios?
I really do not like it when people try to appear to be brilliant by turning fact on its head. I just don't understand some of the criticism some of these GEJ guys throw at PMB without putting things into context. while he has a point about the budget, his intentions are clearly not good and it's patronizing when he says he wants the government to succeed
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
Rolings:

Was nigeria not existing before jp Morgan listed us in their index? I don't know which part of the country you are but in the part I am factories are springing up thou some have started during gej regime. But gej increased fuel before eventually reducing it when the conditions warranted. The current fuel price regime is for 3months after which there will be a review. Yes fuel sell at 86 in nnpc stations but the independent marketers argue that they have old stock and will not be able to sell @ 86.50 until their stock is exhausted. Does it make sense for you to allow your citizens spend what you don't have? Why allow people spend dollars on luxury items and goods that can be produced locally like toothpick,rice,tomato paste when we need dollars to bring in equipments to build critical infrastructure,pay for tuition for students abroad etc. If you need dollars get them from the proper channel

Good, as usual you mentioned every other thing that will be imported but ignored the cars. How much will Nigeria be spending on imported toyota cars for Presidency, NAS, House of reps, Ministers etc? Are there no cars made in Nigeria?

Convert the amount of money budgeted for cars in the NAS alone for cars and tell me how much it is. It's is ok for GOVT to support importation of cars but it's wrong for citizens to import items they don't have enabling environment to produce?

Is it not the same customs to allow imported rice to flood the market via our borders?
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Reptyle(m): 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
mekaboy:

Why then did OBJ say Buhari was not a good administrator? OBJ is more educated than PMB and has always strived to learn more. Has buhari engaged in any learning since 1984?

How will he now understand the dynamics of today's governance and economy?

If level of education was such a good signpost of how well a leader would perform, Nigeria will be near el dorado by now.

We have had an Obasanjo who you say is more educated than Buhari; we have had a Yaradua who used to be a university lecturer; then we recently had GEJ who is a Ph.D and also used to be a university don.

Let us not forget that the economy was largely managed during their era by no less a person than Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, a harvard trained (abi na oxford sef) and globally acclaimed economist, overseeing the economy. Yet inspite of these eminent and very educated Nigerians running our affairs, we are where we are today....broke and teethering on the precipice of an economic depression.

No my brother! A sound exposure to formal education is highly desirable nay necessary for an aspiring leader. But It takes a lot more than education to run a country, especially one as complex as Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by Applaner: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
good one
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mrmetoo1: 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
Again when I see posts like these I know people are just being mischievous. One will think before Buhari took over, the economy was great and everyone was balling. This slow down started from middle of 2014, it got worse during the election and it continued after elections. When you guys blame Buhari for the bad economy, can you guys say exactly what he has done or not done to create it. Fact is the single commodity responsible for most of our revenue lost 70% of its value. No government in a long time bothered to diversify. When companies are throwing billions into mining years ago, our government didn't take the initiative to get on board because oil. Now oil prices are dropping, you're now blaming Buhari. Let's ignore those that didn't preserve our reserves for rainy days, let's forget those that didn't diversify economy when the country was earning huge. Let's forget those that kept diverting the nation's money into private pockets for decades. Let's forget all those and blame the guy who has been there for 7 months, trying to revive a dying country. Boko Haram is being dealt with, no one is saying they're completely gone but their reign of terror its not like it used to, no more taking over territories. At least attempts are being made to revive the refineries, some already refining even if not at optimal quantities. The corruption fight is well underway but according to you he's not ready.

A good economy is not about how many private jets were parked in airports, not about the number of Bentleys on the road, not the amount of relatives or uncles or even fathers and mothers that moved to banana Island. A good economy is one where anyone with a brilliant idea, is ready to work hard for it, is at least promised a decent living. For Nigeria to get that little thing I just described we need at least 15-20 years of consistent good leadership and not 7 months. If I may refer to the US, Bush was still blamed for the bad economy 3 whole years after he left office
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
I said buhari and APC never prepared for governance. Buhari presented a budget he knew nothing about the content to national assembly?

Tried to manipulate the content behind the scenes, when he is caught in the act he requests for withdrawal .

In some parts of the world, this is an impeachable offense.

As a matter of fact, which president presents a budget he does not know the content?

Just allow the greedy party members to draft a budget that fits their pocket and give u to present. A budget that is aimed at enabling them to recover campaign investment with interest.

It obvious from the budget that buhari and his team do not understand where we are economically. If they did they would have reflected our current situation in the budget.

#Pray4Buhari
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by BushidoBlue(m): 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
mekaboy:

How will you feel of you enter a flight and it takes of, and the pilot announces to passengers that this is his first time flying a plane, that you should bear with him and offer any advice you have in aviation to enable him land the plane?

Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2016
A government that spends more in lack .
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
1wolex85:

the way some of you spit some things out of your mouth.How do you know for sure that he hasn't learnt anything since 1984? Do you have a certificate for everything you have learnt in your life?
It's OK to criticize the government for whatever short comings but to say they weren't prepared for governance is something you definitely do not know. This government has a four year tenure, let them even spend half of it before you come to all these your conclusions. Do you think things would have been better if GEJ won? if you think so, can you please give reasons

When I said Buhari was not prepared u people called for my head. I am very happy buhari himself has confirmed to the world he is/was not ready and is overwhelmed.
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by 1wolex85: 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
mekaboy:

When I said Buhari was not prepared u people called for my head. I am very happy buhari himself has confirmed to the world he is/was not ready and is overwhelmed.
Baba waka jor! You are always myopic and unbalanced in your views, so it's GEJ that was prepared right? Buhari has not failed yet, mark his script at the end or towards the end of his tenure. It seems to me that you have this irrepressible urge for this govt to fail so 6ou can brag and say I told you so, that is so childish. Now you have added tribalism to one of your attributes with that your stupid unnecessary thread about Yoruba people. Your political views are very narrow minded with too much bias which is rather unfortunate. Lastly? I will advise you not to join the tribal fools.on this forum because that is exactly what you are going to be with the way you are going with that your stupid thread
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by mekaboy(m): 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
1wolex85:

Baba waka jor! You are always myopic and unbalanced in your views, so it's GEJ that was prepared right? Buhari has not failed yet, mark his script at the end or towards the end of his tenure. It seems to me that you have this irrepressible urge for this govt to fail so 6ou can brag and say I told you so, that is so childish. Now you have added tribalism to one of your attributes with that your stupid unnecessary thread about Yoruba people. Your political views are very narrow minded with too much bias which is rather unfortunate. Lastly? I will advise you not to join the tribal fools.on this forum because that is exactly what you are going to be with the way you are going with that your stupid thread

Your response is tribal. You have to admit you don't know the road to somewhere and ask for direction. This administration told us they know the road, but it's almost a year out of 3 and we can't tell where we are going.

As for the other thread I just asked a question based on how embarrassed I felt with Aluko, did not intend any insult.
Re: Be Honest, APC Never Prepared For Governance. by 1wolex85: 11:43am On Feb 07, 2016
mekaboy:

Your response is tribal. You have to admit you don't know the road to somewhere and ask for direction. This administration told us they know the road, but it's almost a year out of 3 and we can't tell where we are going.

As for the other thread I just asked a question based on how embarrassed I felt with Aluko, did not intend any insult.

How is my response tribal? I'd like to know.

You said he has almost spent one of 3 years,I didn't know duration has reduced. Have this government made mistakes, yes big ones in my opinion, do they have the time to correct it, yes again. I still insist it is still too early to brand them a failure.
As for your thread, I will say it again, it was a stupid thread. just look at your reason, one man does something and you want to stereotype a whole tribe? When will Nigerians learn to judge individuals for who they are and stop stupid generalizations? Won't it sound stupid if I say most Igbos are kidnappers because of a number of cases of kidnapping in the east? You better don't let those corrupt tribalists that litter this forum abuse your mind

(1) (2) (Reply)

INSIDE KUJE PRISON ABUJA: A Word For The Wise / Ben Bruce Mocks Buhari With The Campaign Point He Used Against PDP In 2015(pic) / During And After The Flood In Ondo Town Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.