Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? (9276 Views)

Sony Obtains Ban On Ps3 Hack Chip ::to Play Pirated Discs / Do We Need To Chip Xbox 360 To Play Pirated Cd Games? / Software For Playing Pirated Ps2 Cd's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by omnitrix8: 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2009
I'm thinking of getting a chipped (pirated)xbox 360 but i'm scared of this ring of death! i really need advise PLEASE!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by ElRazur: 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2009
Noting wrong with grown up men playing games. However what sucks is when grown up men want to act as big boys, but don't have money to buy Original copies and have to result to pirating the work and sweat of others.

If you are worried about "Ring of death" and you opt to get a pirated xbox, you will get found out if you return it for repairs. Also using pirated Xbox may lead to your account getting blocked from xbox live.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by utotomi7(m): 10:01am On Jun 17, 2009
Don't mind these people. I have a chipped Xbox 360 with 1 year subscription to Xbox live. The Xbox live network cannot detect if your xbox is chipped or not. It only detects if the games on the harddrive or cds are pirated.

Think of it this way. An Unchipped Xbox can only play 1 region of games, either NTSC/UC NTSC/J or PAL. Chipped Xbox's can play any region of games and DVDS. THEY CANNOT DETECT IF YOUR XBOX IS CHIPPED, THEY CAN ONLY DETECT IF THE GAME CDS ARE PIRATED, SO IF YOU WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE PLAY WITH A PIRATED GAME, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ONLINE GET AN ORIGINAL CD, BUT YOU CAN STILL CHIP YOUR CONSOLE!! grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by utotomi7(m): 10:03am On Jun 17, 2009
Second of all, is there any official Xbox 360 service station in Nigeria. I don't think so!! Just take the damn thing to the market to get it repaired. Are my naija boyz fellin me! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by ElRazur: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2009
Promoting piracy should not be encouraged, but then we all have different views. smiley These people work hard for their handiwork. If you really enjoy gaming and a true fan, the least you can do is buy an Original copy.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by omnitrix8: 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2009
obviously
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by vowiski(m): 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2009
it is not advisabe to get even the original xbox360.
it is a complete waste of time.
Research has shown that boys (15-18) go for the xbox
while mature men (19-37) go for the Ps3 and babies, old women, paralysed people, mentally impaired people go for the wii.
so the choice is yours!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by utotomi7(m): 4:16am On Jun 22, 2009
vowiski:

babies, old women, paralysed people, mentally impaired people go for the wii.
so the choice is yours!

I completely agree with this statement. The Nintendo wii is completely[b][size=15pt]useless[/size][/b]. If you want a real game console, buy a PS3. Playing games online on the PS3 is free but on xbox 360 you have to buy a subscription plan for 1 or more years!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by Billw(m): 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2009
Its ok.i once owned a chipped 360,dat was until:-S, , point of correction the Wii is for everyONE!i mean,check it up anywhere it has outsold both the 360 and ps3 round the world. naruto shippuden is rated highet on wii.just say in nigeria people dont realy like it. yet it can also be pirated @ Alaba.just most Nigerians not all
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by vowiski(m): 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
Bill w:

Its ok.i once owned a chipped 360,dat was until:-S, , point of correction the Wii is for everyONE!i mean,check it up anywhere it has outsold both the 360 and ps3 round the world. naruto shippuden is rated highet on wii.just say in nigeria people dont realy like it. yet it can also be pirated @ Alaba.just most Nigerians not all

the wii has oldsold the  ps3 and 360, but has the wii made any game that has sold more than 2 million copies?. check.
this shows and futher clarify my claims that the wii is just a gimmick, hardcore gamers go for the ps3, just the price that the problem, 360 is the cheapest console yet ps3 has sold faster than it year over year, except that it had a year head start over it's competition.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by Billw(m): 7:41am On Jun 23, 2009
I get your point.but pleeeaaasse!metroid:extinction(not sure of d title) or so,mario:galaxy sold around or more than 2million.note-dont you know sony has been countn there losses b'cos of d drop in sales of d ps3.there probably countn on there new release 'infamose' to help them.so much for 'mature' gaming.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2009
Bill w:

I get your point.but pleeeaaasse!metroid:extinction(not sure of d title) or so,mario:galaxy sold around or more than 2million.note-dont you know sony has been countn there losses b'cos of d drop in sales of d ps3.there probably countn on there new release 'infamose' to help them.so much for 'mature' gaming.

7 month ago sony was making a loss of $50 per console Sony no longer make losses on each console sold .
with the new 45nm chip, a ps3slim would likely come this fall. by then the price would come down to $299 and Sony would once again dorminate the indusrty, remember when sony said they wanted some share of the casual market? sony motion controller (wand) with voice recongnition and force feedback would be out next year spring and would futher boost sales of the ps3 one interesting thing is that it would be forward and backward compatible,  as the 360, Ea and other major publishers have already said they have had it maxed out. xbox 360 natal is just a wasted dream!

just check out ps3 exclusive line up due this fiscal year~!
Gran torismo 5
God of war 3   
unchanted 2   
Heavy rain
the last guadian
the agent 
fat princess
white knight chronicles.  North america and europe release
final fatansy 14
etc,
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by bighead1(m): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2009
Yrs it is advisable for u 2 get it coz i've it's CDS and they are god damn cheap
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by Billw(m): 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2009
Knowlegable as u may be, u got things a little mixt up here.its the ps3 that is a wasted dream.tell me mister, hw can a large blueray drive,'water cooling system'and the processors be squzed into somthin not larger dan a textbook.sony declerd dat clam fales long ago.oh! U were one of these that were fooled by da reapoff picture of a so called slim ps3.pls go to ign.com and see what was stated about dat fat ps3 that was editd 2 look like a slim one i could hav done a better job.while u r savn up ur 10grand to buy d new metal gear solid;peace walker,on ps3,ill use N800 to buy it on 360.note-it comming out on most consoles.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 7:48am On Jun 27, 2009
Sony will never tell you they were making A PS3 slim, otherwise the sales will plunge dramatically, everyone would be waiting for the cheaper and slimmer ps3. i want to tell u that a AGAIN that A PS3 slim would be showed at the TOKYO GAME SHOW this september.
  as for the 800cd on xbox, i dont care, you would only play games, when a patch is released you cant apply it, you cant go online with it,  and stuff like that.

Knowlegable as u may be, u got things a little mixt up here.its the ps3 that is a wasted dream.tell me mister, hw can a large blueray drive,'water cooling system'and the processors be squzed into somthin not larger dan a textbook
if you have seen the world slimmest high defination TV made by sony, you wouldn't have had any element of doubt. SONY is the largest consumer electronic company is the world. check out the pics (slimer than a slice of bread)
WORLD SLIMMEST TELVISION.

Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by init4dmoni(m): 12:00am On Jun 29, 2009
screw the ps3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. . . . . . . . i hate it wen people argue stupidly about this shit
that ea maxed out shit is a liesony prolly bribed dem 2 say dat
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by audacious: 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
Anyone know if the Xbox360 Arcade (the one without a hard drive) can be chipped too or if there is a way of copying movies and Music from an external Hard drive to the xbox360's Hard drive.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 1:02am On Jul 02, 2009
Insert Quote
screw the ps3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. . . . . . . . i hate it wen people argue stupidly about this shit
that ea maxed out shit is a liesony

you are not the first DUMB! guy i meet in Nairaland.
you have no shame in you, what a wate of time.

xbox 360 has been maxed out period. the best looking game in 360 is Gears of war2
and that can't even stand close to MGS4, unchanted, inFAMOUS. let alone KILLZONE2. (the best graphics game ever) now what do we see,?  ps3 exclusives fighting ps3 exclusives in terms of GRAPHICS, PHYSICS, IQ, LIGHTING, GAMEPLAY and what have u.
the demo of gran torismo 5 (GTP) kills FROZA (xbox 360 driving game). and the full game is not even out.

i recall at E3 when tune 10 makers of FROZA were bragging that the games comes with 400 cars, 8 cars per race and everybody  were like  whoa, the next day came with polyphonic Digital, giving info about Gran torismo 5 (highest selling playstation franchise) that the game comes with;
800 cars
16 cars per race
remote play with psp
ability to use the psp as a rare mirror
damage control. etc
then we knew that it was game over.

what makes you think Rockstar (makers of GTA4) was making THE AGENT exclusively for PS3 how about Quantic Dreams making HEAVY RAIN for the ps3 only. then team ico making the last Guadian. ( that game that made the BBC reporter go krazy) more?
GOD OF WAR 3? dont even go there.
have a nice day!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by audacious: 4:30am On Jul 02, 2009
@ Kosovo

You like/prefer the Sony (PS3), we get it. This thread is titled "Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360?". I don't see Sony or PS3 in the title, so if you don't have any input, please beat it. Start a thread for Sony PS3 Worship and carry on there. Enough with the "PS3 is better than Xbox 360" already, Sheesh!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 6:50am On Jul 02, 2009
You like/prefer the Sony (PS3), we get it. This thread is titled "Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360?". I don't see Sony or PS3 in the title, so if you don't have any input, please beat it. Start a thread for Sony PS3 Worship and carry on there. Enough with the "PS3 is better than Xbox 360" already, Sheesh!
i dont take oders form you okay?
if you were wise, you 'd know i was replying somebody.
what a waste of bandwidth!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by audacious: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2009
kosovo:

i dont take oders form you okay?
if you were wise, you 'd know i was replying somebody.
what a waste of bandwidth!

. . . . and going on and on about the PS3 on Xbox 360 threads isn't?. To think you where calling someone else Dumb. God, what a Dumb Ass!  grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2009
. . . . and going on and on about the PS3 on Xbox 360 threads isn't?. To think you where calling someone else Dumb. God, what a Dumb Ass!
calling you a RETARD! is an understatement.
what a waste!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by audacious: 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2009
kosovo:

calling you a RETARD! is an understatement.
what a waste!

Yep, we got ourselves a bona fide Dumb Ass!  cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2009
dumb!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by audacious: 2:40am On Jul 03, 2009
kosovo:

dumb!

Great!. Since we both agree that you are dumb, lets move on.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2009

Great!. Since we both agree that you are dumb, lets move on.
what a Pathetic human soul,
lets move on ? huh ? to where,? to your place of unintelligence and foolishness?
know how to make use of your stupidity. okay.
that said and done, where were we? still moving alone? lol.
   you are so dumb that u thought i was actually following you to move on. lol in PIDGIN.
what a waste!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 11:05am On Jul 05, 2009
All those who insist that Nintendo Wii isn't a good game console have never looked at the sales charts, where the Wii is outselling the PS3 and the Xbox 360 combined.

We all know where kosovo stands on this Xbox 360 vs PS3 argument, so just ignore him and go on with the discussion cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2009
PS: Gears of War 2 = 2 years in development
KillZone 2 and MGS 4 have been in development for 4 years. No points for guessing the one with the edge in graphics.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by justbones(m): 11:30am On Jul 05, 2009
you guys start a new thread and diss each other but back to the post at hand.

Its simple if you intend playing online, dont chip
else feel free

by the way the argument on consoles is like the argument between mac-fans and pc-fans
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by justbones(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2009
also with a little research, it can be shown that the highest selling games on the various consoles are as follows
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 (4.5 million as of december 2008) PS3
HALO 3 (10.3 million as of march 2008) Xbox 360
Wii Sports 45.71 million (as of March, 2009) Wii and if that doesn't appease you, check Mario Kart Wii (15.4 million)

So to the guy (BILL) get your facts right

Reference
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(seventh_generation)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
also with a little research, it can be shown that the highest selling games on the various consoles are as follows
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 (4.5 million as of december 2008) PS3
HALO 3 (10.3 million as of march 2008) Xbox 360
Wii Sports 45.71 million (as of March, 2009) Wii and if that doesn't appease you, check Mario Kart Wii (15.4 million)

So to the guy (BILL) get your facts right
  you are even more DUMB! than i could ever had imagined.
how could your possibly compare the highest selling xbox game (halo series) to a game on the PLAYSTATON.
you should have made comaprism against the highest selling PLAYSTATION game. (gran torismo series) GRAN TORISMO 5, should be game to make comparism with it, and it's currently not avialable.
   so how could you make a good gamming journalist?, when you cant even carry out a simple RESEARCH.?
  what a waste
Re: Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 1:09am On Jul 07, 2009
Insert Quote
All those who insist that Nintendo Wii isn't a good game console have never looked at the sales charts, where the Wii is outselling the PS3 and the Xbox 360 combined.

We all know where kosovo stands on this Xbox 360 vs PS3 argument, so just ignore him and go on with the discussion
because u failed to see the demography as well.
  who buys wii actually?
   find out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Plays Brawlhalla Mobile Here?? / Sony Playstation Network Has Been Hacked Finally! / Man Played Arsenal To Win 960k And Lost Everything PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.