Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Relocating To Cotonou - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Cotonou (9855 Views)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / 7 Attitudes You Should Have On Lagos Roads If You Are Relocating To Lagos. / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Cotonou by Hyeladzura1218: 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hi, I am thinking of relocating to Cotonou permanently and would really love feedback on the price of a relatively cheap self contain apartment and how to get a minimum wage job. I need this information because I have no family and the cost of living in Nigeria is too high, any feedback I can get will be very helpful
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by MosakuAW(m): 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hyeladzura1218:
Hi, I am thinking of relocating to Cotonou permanently and would really love feedback on the price of a relatively cheap self contain apartment and how to get a minimum wage job. I need this information because I have no family and the cost of living in Nigeria is too high, any feedback I can get will be very helpful

Do you understand french? Can you speak it fluently?

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by matrixme(m): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hyeladzura1218:
Remember that they speak French there, so it is not easy as an English speaker to get jobs like it would be here. If you can speak French, it would be better for you. Houses are according to your pocket
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Hyeladzura1218: 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
MosakuAW:

Do you understand french? Can you speak it fluently?
I speak French but not so well

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Hyeladzura1218: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
matrixme:

Remember that they speak French there, so it is not easy as an English speaker to get jobs like it would be here. If you can speak French, it would be better for you. Houses are according to your pocket
I speak French but not so well, do you know any housing agent I can get in contact with that can help
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by matrixme(m): 7:50am On Jan 06, 2016
Hyeladzura1218:

I speak French but not so well, do you know any housing agent I can get in contact with that can help
It's better to get house directly as Cotonou people are fond of exploiting Nigerians. It's better you get the help of your fellow Nigerians living there. Get across privately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Hyeladzura1218: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2016
matrixme:

It's better to get house directly as Cotonou people are fond of exploiting Nigerians. It's better you get the help of your fellow Nigerians living there. Get across privately.
I think that's a good idea but I only have one problem, I don't know anyone living there
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
what do u intend to do here that will sustain u @zura?Here ,life is OK but u must have something doing before u can be comfortable.Anyways send me a PM then I'll drop u my digit that way u can call and I'll u all u need to know,asap.
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by matrixme(m): 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hyeladzura1218:

I think that's a good idea but I only have one problem, I don't know anyone living there
Send a private message to my profile. I will help
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
Greetings sir,
I'd like to come to cotonou for business. I just completed my nysc and we all know the story of unemployment in Nigeria. Presently, I'm a hussler,i import little stuffs from Asian countries,i'd like to come to cotonou to sell them,but I don't know anybody in cotonou and I don't speak French. I'd like you to be kind enough to help in taking me or provide for me a guide who could take me to a big market like Tokpa,so I can sell to traders there. You could drop you number here so I can reach you, or, better still, this is my number 08055544609
Please sir,i'd be happy if you would be kind enough to help a young boy that is just starting out in life.
matrixme:

Send a private message to my profile. I will help
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2017
Greetings sir,
I'd like to come to cotonou for business. I just completed my nysc and we all know the story of unemployment in Nigeria. Presently, I'm a hussler,i import little stuffs from Asian countries,i'd like to come to cotonou to sell them,but I don't know anybody in cotonou and I don't speak French. I'd like you to be kind enough to help in taking me or provide for me a guide who could take me to a big market like Tokpa,so I can sell to traders there. You could drop you number here so I can reach you, or, better still, this is my number 08055544609
Please sir, i'd be happy if you would be kind enough to help a young boy that is just starting out in life.
heaven4me:
what do u intend to do here that will sustain u @zura?Here ,life is OK but u must have something doing before u can be comfortable.Anyways send me a PM then I'll drop u my digit that way u can call and I'll u all u need to know,asap.
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by cutieme(m): 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2017
@illuminated,what do you import if i may ask
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by matrixme(m): 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2017
illuminated93:
Greetings sir,
Please sir,i'd be happy if you would be kind enough to help a young boy that is just starting out in life.
I've since left Cotonou long time ago. About the relocation and stuff, I'll advise you consider it well. Our money has reduced in value so much lately so there is barely any business you can do to get much profit unlike before. Besides, they don't have as much spending power like Nigerians, if you are thinking market will be better over there.
Best wishes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Princess1900: 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
Good day to you, i need a studio for rent in Contonu as soon as possible. Tank you . I will be glad if i can see it around john k area very close to zongo. I will be glad sir if you can help me. Meanwhile plz i need cheaper one. May thy lord bless u as u help me
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Winifred72: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please good day @all I need a house agents contact. I want to relocate to cotonou. I don't have anyone there. Please can someone help me out here I will be going by next month. Please it's urgent. I want to start up myself as am tired of Nigeria
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Cdbmgist: 3:23am On Mar 03, 2021
Winifred72:
Please good day @all I need a house agents contact. I want to relocate to cotonou. I don't have anyone there. Please can someone help me out here I will be going by next month. Please it's urgent. I want to start up myself as am tired of Nigeria

Good morning, please did you finally moved to Cotonou, please I'm planning to move too and I don't know anyone there, please can you help me?
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Cybercop2002: 8:12am On Mar 03, 2021
Cdbmgist:

Good morning, please did you finally moved to Cotonou, please I'm planning to move too and I don't know anyone there, please can you help me?
planning to move too lets tag
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by ignitewatch(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
Cdbmgist:

are you sure you're ready. relocation no be garri ooo

you can get a room self contain apartment for 15-20k+ FCFA
A room and palor can cost you around 35k FCFA monthly. these prices are just estimates and dependent on location.

note also that Naira has lost it value.. and the purchasing power of beninoise isn't that much...

I left Cotonou last week

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by topsyboy: 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
I graduated from a university in cotonu 2017, as at then naira don lost value it was hell paying my house rent ,,

First I resume 2014 my house was room/parlour self contain at ajido apre glo office if you are conversant with cotonu metropolitan.

Back then goodluck Jonathan na we president #1k was 3k cfr my house rent was #9k naira
But as bubu enter that year dec cfr went up house rent turn #20k naira without my landlord increasing the rent ooh just the exchange rate.

Note you still have to buy card on prepaid meter that if the house get, normal meter bill very expensive some house 3 flat share one bill, moreover water bill still dey there ooh,
Note that cotonu building are built french style some find the one that has cross ventilation if not heat go nearly kill you,

Some landlord need your ID before they can give you house infact them valve ID for cotonu you go see apprentice carry ID for neck

Most important part abeg which work you wan go do for cotonu remember cotonu is very small
It a place for business particularly buying and selling

Topa/mesebon market for used cloth bags and shoe buy come back sell for Nigeria

While I was there as a student I dey buy sneakers 9k there to sell in Lagos 15k-20k.
Then run my real estate stuff if not man no go survive my younger sister also join me then so it not easy

My 2cent if you wan go waste your money relocate ,, I no dey confuse anyone ooh ,, because some ppl get strong faith they can make it anywhere,, but believe me them dey envy Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by ignitewatch(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2021
Best said... only go to Cotonou if you got a strong business that can sustain you. look for ways to also earn in CFA at least you won't feel the effect of the naira fluctuations
topsyboy:
I graduated from a university in cotonu 2017, as at then naira don lost value it was hell paying my house rent ,,

First I resume 2014 my house was room/parlour self contain at ajido apre glo office if you are conversant with cotonu metropolitan.

Back then goodluck Jonathan na we president #1k was 3k cfr my house rent was #9k naira
But as bubu enter that year dec cfr went up house rent turn #20k naira without my landlord increasing the rent ooh just the exchange rate.

Note you still have to buy card on prepaid meter that if the house get, normal meter bill very expensive some house 3 flat share one bill, moreover water bill still dey there ooh,
Note that cotonu building are built french style some find the one that has cross ventilation if not heat go nearly kill you,

Some landlord need your ID before they can give you house infact them valve ID for cotonu you go see apprentice carry ID for neck

Most important part abeg which work you wan go do for cotonu remember cotonu is very small

While I was there as a student I dey buy sneakers 9k there to sell in Lagos 15k-20k.
Then run my real estate stuff if not man no go survive my younger sister also join me then so it not easy

My 2cent if you wan go waste your money relocate ,, I no dey confuse anyone ooh ,, because some ppl get strong faith they can make it anywhere,, but believe me them dey envy Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Dotmax53: 6:37am On Mar 05, 2021
Lets keep this trend alive please, i have some questions

#What kind on business can one do to earn Cfa instead of always exchanging our dead naira
# As an internet marketer i always have Crypto's , how can i swap my crypto's conviniently to receive cfa value.

Hope someone can help out with answers asap. Thanks in advanced

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 05, 2021
Please how do you get the residence permit from Nigeria?

topsyboy:

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by judajix(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2021
Residence permit is around 5k cfa, schools get it for their students

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by nwarosa: 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Drop your whatsapp contact
Cdbmgist:

Re: Relocating To Cotonou by vickybanks01: 1:29am On Jun 02, 2021
Planning to relocate as well
Am into sales of laptops and iPhones
Software installation
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Kvngwitty(m): 12:39am On Jun 03, 2021
Who in Cotonou can show me around just want to come for like a month tourism that’s all
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Gatess: 11:28am On Nov 30, 2022
Pls I intend relocating my young family to Port Novo in Benin republic by this December but I want a candid advise from those who have lived their for year. I hustle at Ogun state but my family is in Delta currently where my wife does her dance tutoring in primary and secondary schools with sewing biz which she operates from home. Now I intend bringing them closer to me but after exploring Abeokuta, I was not impressed with the city and the next sane place I can remember that isn't far for me to access them is port Novo though wify and I had that initial plan of relocating to same place B4 now though kinda changed mind.
* Now I want to know if she can easily get same dance tutoring job in some of the bilingual schools there and will like to know if tailoring job pays well there?

* I also want to know if clothe biz still pays bringing into this naija despite the currency crash.
* Which affordable place can one register for french course within Port Novo?
*Which good Montessori schools can be recommended for the kids between 5-7yrs?
* & Probably the average cost per term
* How much is the cost of cooking gas and what is the best alternative?
* Average cost of 2brdroom flat in Port Novo?
* Is foodstuff cheap or expensive comparing with naija?.
* Is there some leisure parks or places in Port Novo where kids and adults can go to catch some fun
*Lastly do u think relocating them there is a good idea?
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Teewonders(m): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2023
Anyone interested in relocating to Benin Republic �� should ask for any assistance from me
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Teewonders(m): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2023
You can ask me anything you want to know
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by Red02(m): 11:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
Teewonders:
You can ask me anything you want to know

Is it advisable for one learning tech to relocate there.

What job can provide daily cash in cfa
Re: Relocating To Cotonou by valiju: 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2023
I am interested to go to coutonu for like a month what are the things I need
Teewonders:
Anyone interested in relocating to Benin Republic �� should ask for any assistance from me

(1) (Reply)

Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back / FG To Shut Section Of Third Mainland Bridge In January 2024 / Nigerians In Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.