Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

"Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP (28548 Views)

APC Calls For The Arrest Of APDA Leaders Over Stolen Logo / Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal / Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Wolfbrother(m): 9:03am On Jan 06, 2016
IlajeGal1:

and well-meaning Nigerians to stand up for this democracy, which our party nurtured for 16 years and deepened

Chai these people no get conscience
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by benzion72(m): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Thrash if Prof himself eat yam he should be ready for prison

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Horlufemi(m): 9:27am On Jan 06, 2016
If your father ate our yams &he's not been reached by EFCC Tell him Cancer/wheelchair options have been used already

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by LLKJSays(m): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2016
END TIME THIEVING 'Politrickcians' dem Barawo dem dem,
+ including current Legislative arm Govt and Pdp opposition.
was it not the other day they,authorised money for shinning New S.U.V's...

Saraki & him 2nd Calabash to get 10 Each! And Abled-Bodied,
Masters Degree Holders are 'ROAMING' the Streets yeah!?

To quote 'MaMa Piss' Thieving Politicians Remember;

'There is Goddu o!'
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by chuksmad(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2016
theV0ice:

Of course I know there are VERY BIG ROGUES in APC. Why didn't GEJ & PDP start hunting them when they could? Why didn't they try to help us recover these monies?

Were they so wicked and unfeeling? Or maybe because they too were busy frying, roasting and boiling our yams?

If Buhari doesn't do it now, in 2019, we'll push Buhari out and the new guys can witchhunt the APC thieves
You are making sense, i like your line of argument
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by mart2k(m): 11:06am On Jan 06, 2016
IlajeGal1:
Following the arrest of the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) , Chief Olisa Metuh, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the party's national leadership has demanded his immediate release.This was contained in a statement by Prof. Adewale Oladipo, the National Secretary of the party.

Read statement below:

This development, which did not come to us as a surprise given series of threats to our party’s spokesman by the APC and the Federal Government, who are obviously not comfortable with our stance on the confused state of the nation under their watch, is a continuation of APC’s grand design to silence and decimate the PDP.

The arrest of Chief Metuh today underscores the growing political intolerance in our country and the foisting of a police state which was last Wednesday underscored by the President and Commander-in-Chief himself, who defended why a government in a democracy should flout constitutional provision and brazenly disobey court orders.

This onslaught against our spokesman, according to intelligence available to us is part of a larger script by the government to ensure that PDP wings are finally clipped in their mission to install a dictatorial one-party state in the country.

The excesses of security agencies under this government, especially the Directorate of Security Services (DSS) and the EFCC, in abridging the human rights of PDP members have become worrisome and a threat to our democratic evolution.

Nigerians and the international community will recall that on a number of occasions, the PDP, through its spokesman has been outspoken on some undemocratic proclivities being exhibited by the APC-led Federal Government in the last seven months.

The PDP insists that for whatever reason Chief Metuh was arrested, his rights as a citizen under the law must not be trampled upon. We therefore demand for his immediate release and that due process of investigation and prosecution concerning him should be strictly adhered to.

We state this because we have been made aware of top directives to break Chief Metuh and if possible poison him during his detention by the EFCC. Chief Metuh, has since his arrest at about 10 am, has been kept incommunicado, with his lawyers denied access to him.

The PDP declares the arrest of our spokesman as the last straw that may break our democracy. We therefore forewarn the Federal Government and its agencies to save our democracy and forthwith release our National Publicity Secretary.

We are also calling on the international community and well-meaning Nigerians to stand up for this democracy, which our party nurtured for 16 years and deepened to a level where the opposition, for the first time in our political history, had the opportunity to win in a general election.

http://dawntodusknews.com/nigerias-democracy-may-break-with-the-arrest-of-olisa-metuh-pdp/
Going by dis statement, m now convince dat som of dis PDP stalwarts actually smoke weeds
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by theV0ice: 11:07am On Jan 06, 2016
chuksmad:

You are making sense, i like your line of argument

God bless you
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by mart2k(m): 11:07am On Jan 06, 2016
doctokwus:
It didn't break with the arrest of Dasuki who as NSA has a load of top secret info to divulge,its with a common thief and noise maker, Olisa Metuh it wud break!
I am embarrassed on behalf of d parents of the man that made that statement.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by mart2k(m): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2016
ZeroTolerance:

Where is the evidence that any money was shared? They just arrest people and start releasing statements to the media without allowing the other party to tell his own part of the story and you zombies swallow everything hool, line and sinker! Is this a surprised that this happened few days after Metuh called Buhari a tyrant and was warned before he repeated it again?
Ar u actually living or dead?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by hary4luv(m): 11:14am On Jan 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga Secretary, we are standing up for democracy, hence, our position that Olisa Metuh should get a team of brilliant lawyers and explain all what he knows to the investigators. If the investigator aren't satisfied, he should be prepared to explain himself to the judge. There is no two ways about this. This is a democratic process.

However, if he knows within Himself that he ate our scarce resources(yams), he should save us time by surrendering his yams and plead for forgiveness. But whether or not he agrees, the law must take its course.

God Bless Nigeria

I decided to reply you cus I've come to understand that sentimental attachment has eaten deep into some folks that it now blinds their sense of judgment. If you carefully read the post you would have known that Olisa Metuh was denied access to his lawyers and all efforts to reach him has remained abortive.
Secondly, am a security personnel so am in a better position to tell u that ds present administration is tyrannical in nature. Whether you like it or not APC is clearly witch hunting in the name of fighting corruption.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Charly68: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2016
If democracy breaks because of war against stealing & embezzlement so be it. .All we are saying is those who sentenced the nation to her present sorry state must be made to refund all they have fraudulently acquired. No more no less .on this war we stand.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Bobnotrouble: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
I de laugh o ( In the voice of Former President OBJ ) grin grin grin
It's a fact that a society is never short of clowns.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Bobnotrouble: 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Horlufemi:
If your father ate our yams &he's not been reached by EFCC
Tell him Cancer/wheelchair options have been used already

I think apart from the Lawyers defending the political criminals, the Makeup artists are equally smiling to the Bank.

If you want to know,
just sneak a snake close to the pretender on the Wheelchair, be sure not to stand on his way, he'll knock you off. ( Even Bolt will be marvelled at his speed ).

For the former oil czer, very easy.
Just use soap and water to wash her face. You'll be wowed!

I wish they can atleast stop calling us fools after milking the nation's treasury dry.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Chibest2000(m): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
This administration is more of a dictatorship type rather than a pure democracy because democracy gives us the freedom of expression and your expression on the matter determines your detention or otherwise. For goodness sake why detaining chief Methu without a concluded investigation and questioning? Why making him incommunicado? Is he a terrorist? Haba! even the aga @ the top (Dasuki) has been freed (bailed) and was not treated like this during his trials. APC should first deal with the present economic hardship in the country, this is not the right time to witch-hunt opposition parties! Bunch of Confused elements.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Mboi: 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
omolola15:

When dasuki was first arrested, didn't you ask for the evidence. Ask yourself how buhari can be involved in the scandal. He is an opposition as at that time. Wise up biko. In due time i am sure you will get the evidence you need. Dasuki should tell us how much he gave adesina.and see if he would be arrested or not
Buhari who accepted jeeps and money and Tinubu who accepted N9m, have they been arrested? Who sponsored APC's campaign and how did they earn d money?
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Alaanyihaji(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
doctokwus:
It didn't break with the arrest of Dasuki who as NSA has a load of top secret info to divulge,its with a common thief and noise maker, Olisa Metuh it wud break!
I am embarrassed on behalf of d parents of the man that made that statement.
I think the fear is not of use of secret information, but that Nigeria may gradually be moving towards Rwanda, where a maximum ruler has cowed everyone into a chorus of: "the president is always right".
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by omolola15(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mboi:

Buhari who accepted jeeps and money and Tinubu who accepted N9m, have they been arrested? Who sponsored APC's campaign and how did they earn d money?

Tinubu's company vintage press (the nation newspaper) collected 9m. As at the time they collected it, it was for compensation of their seized newspaper. We all know how that story goes. And jeep you are saying Buhari collected was from who? If dasuki is sure Buhari collected out of it then he should give details. And also he should say it in front of the judge. leave propaganda a and sentiments apart. You know Buhari did not collect any jeep. grin grin

P.s I'm not a fan of APC or PDP. why I'm so angry at dasuki and GEJ right now is because we are suffering so much in this country. Yet they are sharing our money. They'll be calling trillion like they are calling thousand. Other corrupt politicians need a scape goat and I think we got ourself 1. Malam dasuki.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by omolola15(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mboi:

Tinubu's company vintage press (the nation newspaper) collected 9m. As at the time they collected it, it was for compensation of their seized newspaper.last time I checked, they have returned it.and We all know how that story goes. And jeep you are saying Buhari collected was from who? If dasuki is sure Buhari collected out of it then he should give details. And also he should say it in front of the judge. leave propaganda a and sentiments apart. You know Buhari did not collect any jeep. grin grin

P.s I'm not a fan of APC or PDP. why I'm so angry at dasuki and GEJ right now is because we are suffering so much in this country. Yet they are sharing our money. They'll be calling trillion like they are calling thousand. Other corrupt politicians need a scape goat and I think we got ourself 1. Malam dasuki.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by omolola15(m): 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mboi:

Tinubu's company vintage press (the nation newspaper) collected 9m. As at the time they collected it, it was for compensation of their seized newspaper.last time I checked, they have returned it. and its not just his newspaper. We all know how that story goes. And jeep you are saying Buhari collected was from who? If dasuki is sure Buhari collected out of it then he should give details. And also he should say it in front of the judge. leave propaganda a and sentiments apart. You know Buhari did not collect any jeep. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by bobmalu83(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Efcc suppose to arrest Buhari too since his name is also mentioned. The car or d money he benefited from dasuki. The truth about it is that, if there's any change of car to former head of States it suppose to come from office of secretary to the government of the federation not office of NSA or dasukis private account. And again who authorize it. What is good for Mr A is also good for Mr B
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Mboi: 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
omolola15:

Tinubu's company vintage press (the nation newspaper) collected 9m. As at the time they collected it, it was for compensation of their seized newspaper.last time I checked, they have returned it.and We all know how that story goes. And jeep you are saying Buhari collected was from who? If dasuki is sure Buhari collected out of it then he should give details. And also he should say it in front of the judge. leave propaganda a and sentiments apart. You know Buhari did not collect any jeep. grin grin

You see, we have to be fair in our reasoning and judgement. Do u know why Dokpesi collected the money he got from Dasuki? Tinubu's Nation newspaper collected N9m for compensation from money meant to buy arms and Dokpesi received N2.1b for payment of all campaign jingles ran in AIT and Ray Power from same money meant for arms purchase but Dokpesi was arrested on the ground that he took share of the money meant for arms irrespective of reason why it was collected while Tinubu was not arrested. Bros tell me clearly the diff BTW the two and why Tinubu will not be arrested too.
A lopsided fight for corruption can't take Nigeria anywhere.
Buhari said he will reduce presidential fleet and cut down spendings in Aso rock, let me ask you: why is he spending N3.2b for BMW cars for presidency without stating clearly how many of them he'll buy? How much did he budget for feeding in Aso Rock and how much did GEJ budget for feeding last year,why didn't he reduce it. What are they renovating in a house with N325m and so on.
I keep asking and you should answer me, who sponsored APC's campaign and how did they earn the money? PDP & APC have same thieves.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by banki(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mboi:

You see, we have to be fair in our reasoning and judgement. Do u know why Dokpesi collected the money he got from Dasuki? Tinubu's Nation newspaper collected N9m for compensation from money meant to buy arms and Dokpesi received N2.1b for payment of all campaign jingles ran in AIT and Ray Power from same money meant for arms purchase but Dokpesi was arrested on the ground that he took share of the money meant for arms irrespective of reason why it was collected while Tinubu was not arrested. Bros tell me clearly the diff BTW the two and why Tinubu will not be arrested too.
A lopsided fight for corruption can't take Nigeria anywhere.
Buhari said he will reduce presidential fleet and cut down spendings in Aso rock, let me ask you: why is he spending N3.2b for BMW cars for presidency without stating clearly how many of them he'll buy? How much did he budget for feeding in Aso Rock and how much did GEJ budget for feeding last year,why didn't he reduce it. What are they renovating in a house with N325m and so on.
I keep asking and you should answer me, who sponsored APC's campaign and how did they earn the money? PDP & APC have same thieves.

You call buhari a tyrant

But you admitted paying compensation for siezing newspapers that published stories that you didn't like,

You caged journalists and expelled a reporter that did not write what you wanted yet you call buhari a terrosist...

You have no moral standing to even critisize this government, also if dokpesi collected money from the ONSA where in this world do you begin to justify the money meant for arms to be used by a politcal party

Soldiers were sent to theier early graves because of your useless leaders and you are shamelessly politicising this act of evil

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Skybee1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
A govt dt has no bearingz n no respect to human right,i hate Apchit,dis party is a punishmnt to nigeria
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Skybee1(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
hary4luv:

I decided to reply you cus I've come to understand that sentimental attachment has eaten deep into some folks that it now blinds their sense of judgment. If you carefully read the post you would have known that Olisa Metuh was denied access to his lawyers and all efforts to reach him has remained abortive.
Secondly, am a security personnel so am in a better position to tell u that ds present administration is tyrannical in nature. Whether you like it or not APC is clearly witch hunting in the name of fighting corruption.
plz hlp mi tel d fool dt cnt differenciate btw black n white
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by Mboi: 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
banki:

You call buhari a tyrant

But you admitted paying compensation for siezing newspapers that published stories that you didn't like,

You caged journalists and expelled a reporter that did not write what you wanted yet you call buhari a terrosist...

You have no moral standing to even critisize this government, also if dokpesi collected money from the ONSA where in this world do you begin to justify the money meant for arms to be used by a politcal party

Soldiers were sent to theier early graves because of your useless leaders and you are shamelessly politicising this act of evil
It is now clear from your post that you people know the truth but refuse to admit it. Dokpesi is a business man and was paid for services rendered. Do u ask your client where and how he made his money he's paying you for the services rendered?
Moreover as your language goes; where in this world do u justify money meant for arms to be used for compensation to somebody's business outfit. Dasuki is being prosecuted for using money meant for arms for other things and and all those that got share of the money are being arrested and charged to court by EFCC, Tinubu received part if the money just like Dokpesi, give me one reason why he shouldn't be arrested like others.
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by saintkel(m): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're a very innocent guy.

Can you tell me if he even tried to investigate or start any case?

Why will he when he through Dasuki was signing N4.6B to Bafarawa for prayers cheesy

If he had conscience, he should have helped us recover loits and not allowed Dasuki to turn CBN to his personal ATM
Bros abeg how much dey ur account, e b like say bubu don share u some
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by theV0ice: 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
saintkel:
Bros abeg how much dey ur account, e b like say bubu don share u some

cheesy cheesy

Haba!! I simply feel angry at the impunity of the average politician whether in APC or PDP.....
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by saintkel(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy

Haba!! I simply feel angry at the impunity of the average politician whether in APC or PDP.....

now u r talking bro, all of them r d same, PDP or APC. Dat bydway, so hw much dey ur account now, e be like say u go do small transfer
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by theV0ice: 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
saintkel:
now u r talking bro, all of them r d same, PDP or APC. Dat bydway, so hw much dey ur account now, e be like say u go do small transfer

Walahi I susfect you....you want me to Dasukilize you? angry
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by saintkel(m): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
theV0ice:

Walahi I susfect you....you want me to Dasukilize you? angry
Lolz dasuki get money nw to d go court, oya nw
Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by ayindejimmy(m): 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
ZeroTolerance:

Where is the evidence that any money was shared? They just arrest people and start releasing statements to the media without allowing the other party to tell his own part of the story and you zombies swallow everything hool, line and sinker! Is this a surprised that this happened few days after Metuh called Buhari a tyrant and was warned before he repeated it again?
I beg your pardon.

Who made the arrest and who released the press statement above?

So if someone is suspected of stealing and he insulted the president he shouldn't be prosecuted again?

I'm trying hard to get u

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP by front247: 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
espn:
Nonsense..they will all regret the day they shared that money!
ur papa buhari wan turn naija to animal kingdom we mor gree there must be strong opposition to defend democracy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Rewards Lucy Ejike With N1m And A Plot Of Land (Pics) / Amaechi: Money Jonathan Left Behind Couldn’t Sustain Nigeria Three Weeks / Vote And Vote Wisely - Seun Okinbaloye Of Channels TV Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.