Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,529 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

ATM Card Scammers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ATM Card Scammers (458 Views)

Unilag Student Arrested For Stealing Her Boyfriend’s ATM Card To Buy Iphones / Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card / ATM Camera Exposes Guy Who Stole ATM Card And Withdrew Money At Fidelity Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ATM Card Scammers by lanilato: 10:32am On Jan 06, 2016
I received an sms from +2348102738691 this morning reading thus:
Dear customer, Due to our system upgrade your ATM CARD has just been de-activated, to re-activate, kindly call customer care on 08149705670

I called the number to confirm whether it was from my bankers. My instinct told me immediately that a scammer was on the on phone. He spoke with an accent that I am not sure would qualify him as a customer service officer to any of the banks in Nigeria today. I then told him about the SMS received. I also said since I bank with many banks, is it my ATM for XYZ Bank? He said yes. I simply told him that he was a scammer and 419 operative as I have never opened an account with XYZ Bank not to talk of having their ATM Card.

For Nigerians that do not have forensic training, they may go ahead and inadvertently reveal their bank details to this desperate evil people hence this post.
If you use truecaller software on your smartphone, the number 08149705670 will display a name called "Pastor". If the line was not stolen, it goes without saying that the so called pastor is a thief!!!

Lato.
Re: ATM Card Scammers by curiox007: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2016
pls save gullible Nigerians with this information, my friend received an sms alert too with the above format but he play along and was ask to send the 16digit numbers on his ATM ,the card expiry date, 3 digit numbers at the back of the card, the last withdrawal, the balance on the account. my friend sent everything (fake**) to the guy .and was told he will receiv a msg....pls we later discovered that if he had send every real informations to them, the msg he will receiv will contain OTP one time password and there after they (the fraudster) will request you to send it...and before you drop the call your savings will be gone!!!!...
note: while transacting all these on fone with them , they( the fraudsters) are working your details on laptops....plsss Nigerian be warned.

(1) (Reply)

75-year-old Man Burnt To Death In Osun / 'I Want Them To Rot In Jail' - Father Of Brooklyn Gang Rape Victim Speaks. / FG Dismiss Senior Government Officials Over Job Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.