Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,406 members, 7,954,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! (1298 Views)

Can You Identify This Nigerian Food? / Your Best Primary School Songs/hymnals / How To Identify An Igbo Man In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by DMerciful(m): 11:58am On Jan 06, 2016
Some Igbos from Ikwerre, Anioma, Igbanke etc will say we are not Igbos. Denying your Igbo root will not help you in any way! If there is a war in the north, you are seen as full blooded igbos and won't be spared whether you say you're Ikwerre or not! Also, the great marginalization of the Igbankes in Edo state cannot be overemphasized cos they were placed in a state were they are extreme minority but had it been the foolish military govt of IBB placed them with their kit and kin in Anoima, they would have been happier. I am from Anioma and here in Lagos they treat me as omo-ibo....with the same suspicion they treat Igbo, they treat me the same and it has happened severally. Accept your 'igbotude' and position yourself for greatness.....know your enemies else you'll get burnt!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by Juxtified(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
Referring to non igbo people as"igboid" in itself is offensive.
First you say the Igbankes of Edo State would have been happier among the Aniomas when theres no proof that the Aniomas themselves are even happy. In short, why are the so called Biafra people at war if they are happy?
Second, the Yorubas, wonderful people that they are, do not know of the existence of any other tribe apart from Igbo, Hausa & Yoruba. So in their warped logic, everyone who is not Hausa or Yoruba is grouped as "omo-ibo" and that includes Edo, Delta, Cross River, etc. So being referred to as omo-ibo in Lagos is no yardstick for knowing who the ibos are

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by DMerciful(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Who are the non Igbo people?
Juxtified:
Referring to non igbo people as"igboid" in itself is offensive

2 Likes

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by MozartianDreams(m): 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
You are on point. @DMerciful
Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by ChinenyeN(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
Sigh..
Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by ewa26: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
Guys I will make una sweet pepe souping with uziza and sugar ok

1 Like

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by nengibo: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
Juxtified:
Referring to non igbo people as"igboid" in itself is offensive.
First you say the Igbankes of Edo State would have been happier among the Aniomas when theres no proof that the Aniomas themselves are even happy. In short, why are the so called Biafra people at war if they are happy?
Second, the Yorubas, wonderful people that they are, do not know of the existence of any other tribe apart from Igbo, Hausa & Yoruba. So in their warped logic, everyone who is not Hausa or Yoruba is grouped as "omo-ibo" and that includes Edo, Delta, Cross River, etc. So being referred to as omo-ibo in Lagos is no yardstick for knowing who the ibos are
Yorubas see everyone that is not Hausa as Igbo from Calabar to Ijaw to Ogoni, it is out of ignorance

1 Like

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by tutudesz: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
DMerciful:
Some Igbos from Ikwerre, Anioma, Igbanke etc will say we are not Igbos. Denying your Igbo root will not help you in any way! If there is a war in the north, you are seen as full blooded igbos and won't be spared whether you say you're Ikwerre or not! Also, the great marginalization of the Igbankes in Edo state cannot be overemphasized cos they were placed in a state were they are extreme minority but had it been the foolish military govt of IBB placed them with their kit and kin in Anoima, they would have been happier. I am from Anioma and here in Lagos they treat me as omo-ibo....with the same suspicion they treat Igbo, they treat me the same and it has happened severally. Accept your 'igbotude' and position yourself for greatness.....know your enemies else you'll get burnt!
The same IBB foolishness gave you guy the capital Asaba just to please his wife!

3 Likes

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by Cire80: 9:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
DMerciful:
Do you know the meaning of root? Which among these groups have Igbo root? Maybe the Ikwerres. I don't know. But majority of Anioma have roots other than Igbl
Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by Cire80: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
Even among the SE States, some clans are marginalized. Some Edo groups are marginalized. Even in Anioma, some clans claim marginalization. High scale discrimination exists in Edo. It's not targeted towards the Igbankes alone
Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Cire80:
Do you know the meaning of root? Which among these groups have Igbo root? Maybe the Ikwerres. I don't know. But majority of Anioma have roots other than Igbl
Balderash.

2 Likes

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by DMerciful(m): 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
Mind telling us these other roots? The people of Agbor has a root to Eri(umuleri)
Cire80:

2 Likes

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by Afam4eva(m): 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
Cire80:
Can you define what you mean by Igbo root? What does it mean to have an Igbo origin?

3 Likes

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by Cire80: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
DMerciful:
Mind telling us these other roots? The people of Agbor has a root to Eri(umuleri)
Today it's umuleri. Tomorrow it's aguleri. Ain't you guys tired of superimposing your history with others'?

1 Like

Re: All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! by Kirigidi(m): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
DMerciful:
ERI originated from ancient AKA KINGDOM [present-day Bini land]. He was a Chief Priest to the OGISOS and lived at the ancient capital UDO where he performed his spiritual duties. Following the collapse of the OGISO DYNASTY in about 900AD, ERI migrated with his party north-eastward and arrived Igala land before later moving southward into Igbo land where he established a settlement which he named ERI-AKA [to keep in remembrance where he came from which is "AKA" but now known as Benin Kingdom].

(1) (Reply)

First Rain In The Year, See For Yourselves / Get Certified In Spanish Language From Spanish Embassy Nigeria / What Do You Call This In Your Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.