Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina (11717 Views)

"Eviction Day": Nkem Owoh Grabs New Wedded 'Wife' From The Back On Set (Pics) / Pictures Of Ini Edo & Mike Godson On Set Of A Movie / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by shawn123: 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2009
beating and oppressed, some dudes here are happy. Same dudes will come and complain about Nigeria. Their are ways to handle such cases, not by half baked semi illiterates using theif position to get security agents to bit people. violence is almost the solution to most things here,
God help u all.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by sosisi(f): 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2009
Has it gotten to this?
An actor walks out on a contract and rather than the foolish co director Amaka to sue the guy and get the upfront fees back or at least part of it,she hires security thugs to beat the man up and hold him at gun literally and there are people here who think it's funny.
No wonder people call us animals and savages.
I hope Jim Iyke sues the pants out of the Amaka Olenks,the security men and anyone who had a hand in this brutality.This should not be tolerated.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by MrCrackles(m): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
$osisi:

Has it gotten to this?
An actor walks out on a contract and rather than the foolish co director Amaka to sue the guy and get the upfront fees back or at least part of it,she hires security thugs to beat the man up and hold him at gun literally and there are people here who think it's funny.
No wonder people call us animals and savages.
I hope Jim Iyke sues the pants out of the Amaka Olenks,the security men and anyone who had a hand in this brutality.This should not be tolerated.

Are you Jim Iyke's friend? tongue
Regardless of the actions of the overzealous wankers who battered him, the bugs bunny toothed vagabond deserves the beating! tongue
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by sowura(m): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2009
[quote][/quote]when some time ago some naval officers beat up a lady in Lagos for something she did or didnt do, Nigerians flared up and condemned the uniformed men and rightly so. the same thing has happened now and because it is someone you hate it is right. Nigerians are lawless. we encourage uniform men to abuse their power because some of us have influence. the bad thing about jungle justice is that it is very prone to abuse, soon ppl will be using it to their own advantage. what is wrong with taking the guy to court. could it not have been possible that these unscrupulous producers signed a contract for 3 days knowing that 3 days will not be enof to complete the work just to cut cost and short change the actor.

@elgaxton, the post said he was ready to leave after 3 days even though he has not completed his work. The lawful and morally right thing to do is that if they need him to stay extra days then his contract has to be reviewed, but this Nigeria, why pay more when you can get him to work at gun point. i think that is armed robbery. period!!!!! a man is punished for breaking the law and not for being arrogant.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by audio: 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Regardless of the actions of the overzealous wankers who battered him, the bugs bunny toothed vagabond deserves the beating! tongue

Na wah oh. Mr Crackles, your mentality represents everything that's wrong with Nigeria. Like i said before, may God help us.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by Gifo(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2009
MrCrackles and co; just know that it can also happen to you or any other Nigerian. Everyone steps on others toes one way or the other. But know that a contract was signed for three days, it could be pay as you act, its either we sign a new one or one leaves, all things being equal. I can only stay after the expiration at my discretion.

I bet that most of you criticizing this guy will pluck off people's eyes if they default your contractual agreements with them. If I'm paid to deliver a course for an hour and I played my part, its left for the other party to request for an extention; and ofcourse its not for free.

So watch and ponder before you approve illegality of thuggery. And it doesn't matter if I'm J.I.'s friend. Thuggery is bad, because anyone can also engage thugs be they in uniform or not to perpetuate evil. Watch out! it could be your turn.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by omooloye1(f): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2009
Mr Crackles , why has your hate or beef blocked your sense of judgement?
why are you writing like an illiterate? Gush!!!, I'm outraged by your commnets.
How on earth can any sensible person support a barbaric act like this?
If you enter into a 3-day contract with someone, is it not fair for you to
terminate it after the expiration? Havent you heard the expression 'review of contract?' Who cares if the project is not completed.
Must the poor guy suffer for the producer's ineptitiude? Later, you will open
your stinking mouth to cry over 'bad Nigeria', Bloody Agbero!

All of you supporting Madam Amaka, I fit be you o, or your brother, sister, cousin,friend.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by MrCrackles(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
audio:

Na wah oh. Mr Crackles, your mentality represents everything that's wrong with Nigeria. Like i said before, may God help us.

You are a bloody self-servicer!
What is your business regarding how i feel about the incident?
Useless doorknob!
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by MrCrackles(m): 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2009
omo oloye:

Mr Crackles , why has your hate or beef blocked your sense of judgement?
why are you writing like an illiterate? Gush!!!, I'm outraged by your commnets.

You better get super-outraged, i dont give a flying fuc.k even if you are JIM IYKE!
If i write like an illiterate, fine but dont cross my comments again please, everyone is entitled to an opinion
Play your position or piss off!
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by MrCrackles(m): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
Gifo:

MrCrackles and co; just know that it can also happen to you or any other Nigerian.

It wont happen to me because i am not a dic.k head like Jim Iyke!
Now dont quote my comments again please, leave it as it is yeah
Thanks
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by ukukaegbu(m): 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2009
My fellow nairalanders sef! We always follow the bandwagon. At a point everybody was in support of what happened to Jim Iyke. Now, everybody is against it. If I say it's right now then subsequent comments would tilt towards the same direction. I no fit shout!
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by omooloye1(f): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2009
Maga like you.Did he snatch your girlfriend?
Abi which kain wahala you enter? Bad belle!!
Na envy be dis abi na wetin?
OTONDO!!!!. beaten or not, the guy is a superstar
you no fit reach him level in the next 20 years.
MUMU grin grin grin
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by phillybabe: 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2009
BEAT UP JIM! FOR WHAT ?
A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT,HE WAS ON SET TO PLAY HIS ROLE IN THE TIME FRAME AS AGREED BY BOTH PARTIES.
What is his own if they run behind schedule (through no fault of his i am sure).AHHHH, beat up Jim, i no like dat kind thing o! anyway sorry Jim u hear, i still think u are the BEST.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by Redman44(m): 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2009
600,000 Naira for all the trouble and beatings?

That was a shameful episode, mates. It goes to show that our movie stars are not really respected by Nigerian Film Producers. No matter what Jim Iyke had done to the Producers, he does not deserve to be humiliated. And the movie might not even be interesting at the end of the day angry angry Everything goes in the Nigerian Movie Industry these days. Everyone is a script writer, everyone wants to produce and direct films. Yet many of these charlatans I see around in our cities do not have what it takes to produce movies sad sad I wonder what kind of books they read undecided undecided Apart from Femi Lasode, Amaka Igwe, Tunde Kelani [ uncle TK ] and two other Producers, I dont know what the others are doing in the Movie Industry. Cheers.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by sosisi(f): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2009
don't mind all the people laughing at this barbaric behaviour.
The day they see their mothers  or sisters stripped naked and lashed with koboko on youtube by naval ratings,they'll stop laughing.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by tkb417(m): 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
While we continue support barbarism, Nigeria will never progress. If he was contracted for 3 days work and the 3 days were up, he is free to leave. That should be a lesson to the producers to be better organized. Can you see this same situation happening on any hollywood set? I definitley think not.
Any personal dislike of Jim Iyke is not the issue here. I'm not crazy about the guy either, but i think it is very bad that something like this can still happen in this day and age, only in Naija.
tales by moonlight tongue

don't mind all the people laughing at this barbaric behaviour.
The day they see their mothers or sisters stripped naked and lashed with koboko on youtube buy naval ratings,they'll stop laughing.
hmm, ur mothers and sisters may fall victims of koboko lashes too so dont even go there

@OP he just got a good dose of his past barbaric ways so i'll suggest the mungo parks here should shut the fck up
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by koolchicco: 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
ogazi007:

Dont mind him,becos im dey form american gangstar for home movie na him he won show himself.
they for beat craze for em body,make him no say movie and street life no be dsame.
him tink say na him and omotola and ini edo dey act,?u guys should warn him o!naija paramilitary are respecta of nobody,
dem go fire nosense comot ur body, b4 dem recorgnize u

hahaha, I cant stop laughing at some comments.its not funny tho!, pls guys we need to show compassion and remmeber it could be you or any of ur close relatives.however as much as some of us seem to have falling out with JIM IYKE,i still believe that there are better ways to resolve such contractual dispute without any physical combat.
Say NO to this DISPEAKABLE ACT OF THUGGERY in 9ja!!
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by kevwekofi: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2009
Nigerians are very funny people!!!!

Personal Judgements on issues!!!
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by sosisi(f): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

don't worry
the day you get your own beatings,you won't even be able to hold your crack pipe in your hands anymore grin
You think living in London will save you?
one day one day one of those custom officers at Murtala will land you a dirty slap,I hope you'll be laughing
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by MrCrackles(m): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
$osisi:

don't worry
the day you get your own beatings,you won't even be able to hold your crack pipe in your hands anymore grin
You think living in London will save you?
one day one day one of those custom officers at Murtala will land you a dirty slap,I hope you'll be laughing

LOlz!
But on the real, the tori funny well well! grin cheesy
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by sosisi(f): 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

LOlz!
But on the real, the tori funny well well! grin cheesy

are you telling me?
ROFL
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by smurf1(f): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2009
phillybabe:

BEAT UP JIM! FOR WHAT ?
A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT,HE WAS ON SET TO PLAY HIS ROLE IN THE TIME FRAME AS AGREED BY BOTH PARTIES.
What is his own if they run behind schedule (through no fault of his i am sure).AHHHH, beat up Jim, i no like dat kind thing o!  anyway sorry Jim u hear, i still think u are the BEST.

Yeah? undecided
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by origina9ja(f): 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2009
i still love u sha this torri is berra not true

Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by TmeD0(m): 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
while i'm not an avid fan of Jim Iyke (personally, i think he's over-rated but that's another story), what was done to him clearly shows part of what's wrong with naija.

the article clearly states that he did his part the entire three days as stipulated in his contract.  if the inept producers had planned accordingly, i'm sure he would have been able to complete his part within the three-day contractual period.  

so, for them to hold that against him is IMO in violation of the contract.  i know the article claimed he was offered additional sum of money but it doesn't say anything about extending or revising the terms of the contract.

who knows, they probably offered him the money orally and he refused (i know i would too).  does that make him greedy? absolutely not! business is business, period!

to condone what was done to this guy because of of his personal lifestyle i.e arrogance (like some people say), bad boy attitude (as reported by the media), and so on
is the other part of what's wrong with naija.  

personal feelings aside, this could happen to anyone of us or our relative and i'm sure we won't find it funny then.  let's try to always look at issues subjectively without injecting our personal feelings and emotions into it but until then, we will never progress as a nation.  Peace!
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by oge4real(f): 8:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
I really think they went too far in beating Jim, afterall he had outstayed his 3 day contract. The fact that he refused to stay extra-due to no fault of his-is no justification for barbarianism.
I just pray he has a good lawyer,
Nigerians can be really funny o.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by 4Play(m): 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2009
@Topic

It's always nice to hear good news from Nigeria. Just when you lost all hope about the country, you get such heart warming news as this. grin

Anybody who beats Jim Iyke up deserves a medal.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by TOPE20001(f): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2009
4 Play:

@Topic

It's always nice to hear good news from Nigeria. Just when you lost all hope about the country, you get such heart warming news as this.  grin

Rofl grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by Tokotaya: 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2009
Jim is a hell of an actor. But from what I hear, he needs lessons in humility.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by MUZBO(m): 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
Thug like baby!
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by ekao(f): 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2009
if its true sori 4 him oh. BUT e no dey possible becos which producer go use actor wey face don wor wor
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by samboribo(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2009
bullcrap! an actor like jim iyke gets beaten, what would have happened to someone lower at the same fault of the amaka who's feeling like she's untop of the world cos she's married to some government person.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by TmeD0(m): 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2009
Tokotaya:

Jim is a hell of an actor. But from what I hear, he needs lessons in humility.

i see.  and to you the best way to learn that is to be senselessly assaulted? u do well!

4 Play:

@Topic

It's always nice to hear good news from Nigeria. Just when you lost all hope about the country, you get such heart warming news as this.  grin

congratulations on your sarcasm! at least you had someone rolling on the floor laughing. . .give yourself a pat on the back.

***shakes head in disbelief*** no wonder naija is still the way it is.  o ma se o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SEXY MOVIE From Japan / Breaking News: Nigeria Handsome Nollywood Actor Nonso Diobi Shot Dead / Gulder Ultimate Search 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.