Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail (23536 Views)

EFCC Re-arraigns Dasuki, Others / Court Denies Nnamdi Kanu Bail / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Dasuki, Others Over Arms Procurement Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:
Justice hussien baba yusuf & justice peter affen are all product of the law so it doesnt making any difference ..
if he is clarifying abt the above mentioned,what abt pmb disobeying FHCN or is FHCN not manned by justices & judges,,,abeg let him save his clarification to himself coz it makes no difference until pmb obeys court orders b4 we can listen to him

Dasuki was charge to more than one court on different offences. He got bail in one court for d case in that court.com He has not be granted bail in d other court for different case.

It means that he can only leave prison when he get bail in all the courts and cases he has been charged for

3 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Dottore: 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by maestroferddi: 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
Who cares?
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by adioolayi(m): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
alcmene:
The question is: did any court of competent jurisdiction at any point grant Dasuki and others bail

I understand where this man is coming from.....he doesn't want to be seen as if Buhari disregarded the ruling of the federal high court

whether federal high court, magistrate or customary court, COURT ORDERS MUST NOT BE DISOBEYED WITH WHATEVER EXCUSE

Yes...he was granted bail..2/3 cases...the last one has not granted him bail..that's why he is still in custody.

"Dasuki is being tried alone on a five-count charge of money
laundering involving about N84.6m and illegal possession of
firearms before Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court,
Abuja."

Dasuki must enter jail grin ;,D

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by saintkel(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
alcmene:
The question is: did any court of competent jurisdiction at any point grant Dasuki and others bail

I understand where this man is coming from.....he doesn't want to be seen as if Buhari disregarded the ruling of the federal high court

whether federal high court, magistrate or customary court, COURT ORDERS MUST NOT BE DISOBEYED WITH WHATEVER EXCUSE
help me tell our youths. They seemed blinded
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Intendy: 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
dasuki ma pe lewon bi monkey

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
When buhari was been sworn in as president of nigeria,he vowed to uphold and abide by the nigerian constitution.He was holding a bible and quaran to swear.Why is he now disregarding the constitution that he swore to defend?Let him prosecute one corrupt official,including his apc members,to prove to nigeria that he is truly fighting corruption not detaining his political enemies while his corrupt friends are walking free.

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by ayindejimmy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
princemillla:
This is a nice clarification. Learnt something new today.

But if Fed high court abuja has granted them bail, my questions are ;

Have they all meet bail conditions?
Why is Dss still holding them.

I believe no one is bigger than Nigeria law and as pa Buhari has always stated that he gives full respect to the rule of law, it will be nice to give directives on this.

Perhaps is something missing that I don't get clear

Lemme explain the part you didn't get.

The judges have not really taken enough time to feel the pulse of the nation.
People want blood, they want to see looters go to prison and Sovereignty belongs to the people {at least to the majority of them} not to the Constitution.
Whatever the outcome of the case Dasuki is already guilty of negligence. Cos if a superior ordered you to do something against the Constitution or your conscience - you resign. Except it's what you want to do b4.
So while the trial is ongoing he should remain in custody jus to serve as a deterrent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Dbakre1: 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
knowledge is wealth
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Surfboy: 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Dasuki funny caricature at http:///zvuczz6
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by abbey621(m): 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
Someone stole Billions and some daft people are shouting due process, fair trial and so on. It is the same due process that allowed blatant corrupt individuals and groups to go free without any repercussions. How then can Nigeria prosper if stolen loots are not recovered from these people? How then do we deter future occurrences when our judiciary is weaker than a rain drop? We are talking about Billions here and some mofos are shouting tyrant, dictator....them swear for una? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by tunkuns: 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Look at it frm this perspective, if someone is relief frm his duty or sack in a corporate organisation. Won't he summit all org. Properties at his disposal?

2 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by mart2k(m): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Joejonah:
Stupid talk...
Where is Raymond dokpesi?
He paid 500m bail and nobody is hearing anything again about him.
U mean rAIDmond DOCKpepsi?
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Cekpo34(m): 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
tuale4u:

Dansuki was charge to more than one court on different offences. He got bail in one court for d case in that court.com He has not be granted bail in d other court for different case.

It means that he can only leave prison when he get bail in all the courts and cases he has been charged for

Sho! Really? What about Kano? He met bail conditions, was bailed and was rearrested just outside the gate. How many seconds did it take FG to discover other charges? Stop defending Bubu even when he had overtly confirmed his intentions to downgrade the judiciary in this very case. I like what he is doing though but a little idea about law and democracy may cause u to weep because this is a bad precedent. Imagine States governors, LGA chairmen trampling on court judgments... God bless Nigeria!
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by dabossman(m): 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
dipopooo:
Dasuki this Dasuki that Dasuki today Dasuki tomorrow. Let them prosecute him if he is found gulity.. We are tired with dasukigate news afterall abacha stole zillions and his family members are walking freely. Corruption is not the only problem we have in Nigeria.

Oga, what do you think they are doing in court? Playing tennis? It is prosecution in court that leads to being found innocent or guilty and not the other way round. Let the court do its job. That doesn't stop any of us from living our lives, neither does it stop the government from doing other things.
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by phemmie06(m): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Col Dasuki, take heart. just endure the court is just trying to create a familiarity work for you and Mosquitoes there. The Mosquitoes and the weather there love you so much or take shortcut out of the prison returned the looted fund and EFCC go soft pedal, or
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by jetage1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
princemillla:

I believe no one is bigger than Nigeria law and as pa Buhari has always stated that he gives full respect to the rule of law, it will be nice to give directives on this.

you are getting it wrong again, not federal high court abuja but high court of the federal capital territory abj

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by marlockj: 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
alcmene:

Some of u Dnt Evn understand Wat is written!! He has two cases on his head resulting to 500million naria bail.

He was granted bail @ 250m then he met the bail condition, he was den arrested bck for second offense..

Wat is hard for u to understand.

U arrested me,carry me go court judge gv me bail I do as bail said,I wan commot cell u arrest me again for another offense.That's It

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by marlockj: 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
princemillla:

Some of u Dnt Evn understand Wat is written!! He has two cases on his head resulting to 500million naria bail.

He was granted bail @ 250m then he met the bail condition, he was den arrested bck for second offense..

Wat is hard for u to understand.

U arrested me,carry me go court judge gv me bail I do as bail said,I wan commot cell u arrest me again for another offense.u no fit cum meet d 2nd bail condition. So Wetin u wan dss to do.

Evn if he get d 2nd bail dss will throw another case making it 3 cases.Nigeria is getting better.let him say there.

We cry of Nigeria not good,here a corrupt man is arrested we r here worrying abt it.the money dem share Eva reach you? No Bt here we worry abt it more than his Family.

Wen last did u here any news from his family?

2 Likes

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Lighthouseman: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
CR77:
Buhari is a Scam
Buhari is brukutu in a Coca-Cola bottle.
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
omenka:
There shall be no clemency for Goats!!

Sai Baba!! cheesy

Anybody not comfortable with Daniska-suki's travails should feel free to trade places with him. I'm sure the government and Daniska-suki would oblige them.
I will take you serious the day you put much zeal into emancipation of your state of origin Benue from the grips of poverty and underdevelopment ravaging it.

Cc trailblazer
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by obailala(m): 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
Love Machine:
When buhari was been sworn in as president of nigeria,he vowed to uphold and abide by the nigerian constitution.He was holding a bible and quaran to swear.Why is he now disregarding the constitution that he swore to defend?Let him prosecute one corrupt official,including his apc members,to prove to nigeria that he is truly fighting corruption not detaining his political enemies while his corrupt friends are walking free.
You guys (wailers) happen to be the most stubborn learners ever. What is so difficult for you to understand that he is on bail in one court and not on bail in another court?

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by ayanfeeledumare: 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Maybe Dasuki should be given soft landing by way of plea bargain and use him as a key witness against all those he gave money to...just thinking aloud.
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
obailala:
You guys (wailers) happen to be the most stubborn learners ever. What is so difficult for you to understand that he is on bail in one court and not on bail in another court?
I wail constructively.
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by WaffenSS(m): 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
princemillla:

Let's say you're charged to court over a case: case A.

You were granted bail on case A.

You met the bail conditions.

Immediately you're arrested as a suspect over another case, case B.

The bail for case A cannot override your detention in case B. Thus, legally no bail law was broken.

If you secure bail for case B as well, you can however still be arrested for potential cases C, D, E, ad infinitum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Sirtford: 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
What kind of country is this? U can't just trust anyone. Not the media nor the judiciary and worst of all the government. Things keep getting worst. God help us.
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Samgreguc(m): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
tuale4u:

Dasuki was charge to more than one court on different offences. He got bail in one court for d case in that court.com He has not be granted bail in d other court for different case.

What about Nnamdi Kalu?
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by obailala(m): 11:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
Love Machine:
I wail constructively.
But this issue has been thrashed and overthrashed severally on this Nairaland?... The strategy being used by the government to mess Dasuki up is that they have him charged for different offences and even in different courts. If he is released or granted bail in one, he would still be held in custody for the other charges. Even if he's bailed for all the current charges, they (FG) would re-arrest and charge him to court for another offence. What the FG is doing may not be 'fair' but it is within the limits of the law as the constitution doesnt specify how many times a person can be re-arrested after being released; this is obviously a loophole and the FG is expoliting it to the fullest.

By the way, did Nairaland just censor your username to Love Machine? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Sirdayor(m): 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
alcmene:

No body is disobeying court order here, & that's what most Nigerian didn't know.
Dasuki have different cases going on at different court. So, all the courts must grant him bail, & he must be able to fulfill the bail conditions from all the court before he can finally be released.
If FCT high Court granted him bail, he will still need to be granted bail by federal high Court before he can finally be released. Because the charges are different!!!
His lawyers knows, therefore you don't need to cry more than the believed!
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by Nellybii: 12:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Achuwa1:
Justice hussien baba yusuf & justice peter affen are all product of the law so it doesnt making any difference ..
if he is clarifying abt the above mentioned,what abt pmb disobeying FHCN or is FHCN not manned by justices & judges,,,abeg let him save his clarification to himself coz it makes no difference until pmb obeys court orders b4 we can listen to him

And who are you??
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by adconline(m): 1:05am On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
I trust my wailing wailers they will restrategise and bring out another cheap blackmail
Willful display of sophisticated lunacy.. It was FG, the prosecutor that CHOSE to charge at FTC High Court and now refused to obey the same court it had taken the care to? Why? because the verdict is not in their favour??
Re: Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail by adconline(m): 1:14am On Jan 07, 2016
Sirdayor:

No body is disobeying court order here, & that's what most Nigerian didn't know.
Dasuki have different cases going on at different court. So, all the courts must grant him bail, & he must be able to fulfill the bail conditions from all the court before he can finally be released.
If FCT high Court granted him bail, he will still need to be granted bail by federal high Court before he can finally be released. Because the charges are different!!!
His lawyers knows, therefore you don't need to cry more than the believed!
Offering ignorant opinion from the reservoir of ur sophisticated idiocy..a case that is pending in a lower cannot be litigated upon in higher court at the same time. FG can appeal a Lowe court ruling at a higher court, the higher court can, affirm, reverse or send back to a lower for a retrial

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) / Dare Kadiri Blocks Ogun Assembly Gate / The Moment Wike Denied Suing Atiku Over PDP Presidential Primary (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.