Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Does Does The Bible Support Divorce? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Does The Bible Support Divorce? (408 Views)

SHOCKED: Even The Bible Support This? / Does The Bible Support Communism? / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Does The Bible Support Divorce? by IamNat: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
Bible scholars in the house,I want you to shed more light on this,its causing issues already,Christ thought about divorce as coated below;
Matthew 5:31 "It was also said, Whoever divorces his wife must give her a written notice of divorce.
Matthew 5:32 But I tell you, everyone who divorces his wife, EXCEPT IN A CASE OF SEXUAL IMMORALITY, causes her to commit adultery. And whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Now,the main issue actually lies on the bolded part of verse 32,it sounds to some group that Christ gives room for divorce when sexual immorality is involved,while some says Matthew 19:6 as said it all which says
Matthew 19:6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."
Kindly share your knowledge on this,is divorce right or wrong on the bases of sexual immorality.
Re: Does Does The Bible Support Divorce? by excellencyabia1: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
Searching.....

(1) (Reply)

Rejoinder To The Pastor's Wife's Phone Thread / Why I Choose To Dress Modestly / A Man Of God Caught Trying To Bury Charms Before Crusade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.