Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:16 AM

Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT (5375 Views)

We Have Used All Channels To Warn Buhari Over Shi’ite Leader – Iran / FG Delegation Visits Shi’ite Home Base At Gyallesu (pics) / Shi’ite Islamic Group Procession After Boko Haram Attacked Their Member (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Super1Star: 1:32am On Jan 07, 2016
The Shi’ite group, led by Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, has stated that the December 12 and 13 attack on its members by soldiers of the Nigerian Army was deliberate and planned.

More than 300 members of the sect are believed to have been killed in the Zaria attack, which the army initially described as an assassination attempt on the Chief of Army Staff, Turkur Buratai, a General.
The military later released an edited video showing a group of angry youth with sticks and cutlasses arguing with some army brass over the right of way for the convoy of Mr Buratai.

Human Right Watch described the killing as a “terrible carnage” and “unjustifiable”.
Daniel Bekele, the African director of Human Rights Watch said: “The Nigerian military’s version of events does not stack up”.
The whereabout of the sect’s leader, Mr. Zakzaky, who was reportedly shot four times during the attack, is still unknown.
The Kaduna State government said it would set up a judicial panel of inquiry to investigate the killing.

In an apparent move to counter the military’s narrative, the Shi’ite group posted a video on YouTube purportedly showing the attack.
The narrator of the 22:36-minute edited video, which is delivered in Hausa but subtitled in English, said the attack on the sect was unprovoked.
He said the sect members were preparing for the change of the Maulud flag when they saw soldiers stationing themselves near a NNPC filling station directly opposite the sect’s enclave, Husainiyya, and dropping boxes of ammunition.
The narrator explained that the military lied when it claimed that Mr. Buratai’s convoy was denied the right of way. He said in the past, soldiers and military convoys passed through their processions and gatherings unhindered.
He said the sect only approached Mr. Buratai’s convoy to tell the soldiers to move further away with their weapon to avoid an occurrence of the 2014 incident where a traffic argument with a group of soldiers led to the killing of 34 members of the sect, among them three sons of Mr Zakzaky.
“We asked them to move forward with their weapons due to the 2014 incident where 34 members were killed,” the narrator said.
The narrator claimed instead soldiers spread themselves out around the nearby polo ground encircling the Husainiyya as if in a war front. The narrator alleged that it was at the point of trying to placate the soldiers that the soldiers started firing on them.
PREMIUM TIMES could not independently verify the footage which was apparently shot with a mobile phone, but soldiers with assault rifles could be clearly seen encircling the Husainiyya and taking shooting positions.
Sounds of intermittent gunfire could be heard as the sect members laid on their stomachs and other hid behind trees to avoid being hit by bullets. Some of the youth could be heard screaming Allahu Akbar, Arabic for God is great.
The narrator explained that the Shi’ite members ran to the Husainiyya for refuge from bullets.
The footage later showed soldiers dragging the bodies of those shot into a truck. The narrator claimed the soldiers took the bodies away.
The footage later switched to an audio clip of a telephone interview in Hausa purportedly on Radio Iran between a broadcaster and a man who claimed to be among the soldiers who took part in the operation on the day.
The radio station said they would not reveal the name of the soldier for security reasons.
The caller, who claimed to have shot over 500 bullet in the air during the operation, said the army lied by blaming the clash on argument over right of way. His statement was subtitled in near broken English:

“I’m among those who carried out the operation. I want to lay an introduction before I say what I want to say. What I know, every army is using the rule of engagement. I want to correct what somebody has said this is why I want to comment.
“Like what the Emir of Kano said that Nigeria was established on ahul sunna wal jama’a, is that not? We army defend Nigeria and in Nigeria there are Izala, Shi’a and Christians, in the Nigerian Army, to say the fact. And what is happening, our leaders are disgracing us by saying our leader was denied a road. It is not that it may cause to underrate our security.

“It can’t be possible even for the Emir of Zazzau (another name for Zaria) to follow a road without knowing what is happening on the road talk less of our leader in General to have… This is not true. Our stand is more than that.
“As he himself, as Malam voice was heard saying there are some of us chanting: “Ya Husain Ya Husain” I’m one of them.
“The fact about this is that it was a plan. Planned since.

“If I die Allah will charge. Neither Buhari nor Buratai will protect me. It is Allah that will charge me on what I have accounted. And remaining on what we have done. I’m seeking the forgiveness of Allah. As a matter of fact, this work is do or die. Because of that by the time we came an order was given, then an order was given that everybody should go out. The fact Allah is my witness. I shot in the air. I shot nobody. Allah is my witness, no Shi’ite blood on me,” he said.
When asked by the broadcaster if there are other soldiers like him who do not agree with what the army said happened in Zaria, the man responded in the affirmative.

“What has encouraged me was that there was somebody at Farfaru who wrote on Facebook. It is not only me. I myself I know I shot nobody. 500 bullets in the air, Allah is my witness. I shot nobody. And the weapons that were used, the fact that we have been in Maiduguri, we have been there the weapons have not been used in Maiduguri. What I’m saying is if you come to a place as said by the emir of Kano, there is a time for whip there is time for teargas, there is time for bullet and there is time for bomb. We seek people’s forgiveness especially me,” he said.
The video subsequently showed soldiers matching beside an armoured vehicle and spreading out in military formations around the Husainiyya. Many of them were seen lying flat on their stomach with their guns pointed toward the Hussainiyya.

The video also showed some youth inside the Hussainiyya hiding behind the pillar of the fence while voices were here screaming Allahu Akbar.
The entire area was deserted. No civilian could be seen inside or around a NNPC filling station opposite the Husainiyya. Motorcycles laid abandoned on the roadside.

On the orders of a man that appeared like a senior military officer, some soldiers went down on one knee while others laid on their stomach assuming shooting positions.

The soldiers surrounded the area in a manner that suggested they didn’t want any of those hiding inside the Hussainiyya to leave.

Watch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMnzQbnogdk
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by nnachukz(m): 1:56am On Jan 07, 2016
But wait o. While all this was happening who was covering it with video? I am just curious.

2 Likes

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by evatee(m): 2:05am On Jan 07, 2016
The video is not interesting. ....
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Shaftrod(m): 2:24am On Jan 07, 2016
These Shites seem to have lost it. If you want to practice your religion live within the country's law and obey it.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by LoveDecay(m): 2:33am On Jan 07, 2016
grin

Buhari defeated Maitatsine - he is fully capable of handling this situation.

He has proven to the world that he is not biased towards muslims or christians

3 Likes

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Lytech(m): 3:39am On Jan 07, 2016
Where are the nairalanders comparing GEJ to PMB...
Am sure you are seeing the different between a man who have the love of the masses at heart compare to one who have the love of looting public fund...
BH started just like this,but there is no one to cub them...
To prevent the silly mistake made by past administration,our dear presido act fast....
Kudos to you Mr PMB...
God bless nigeria,and God bless your generation...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by AustineE1: 4:52am On Jan 07, 2016
Lytech:
Am sure you are seeing the different between a man who have the love of the masses at heart compare to one who have the love of looting public fund...
To prevent the silly mistake made by past administration,our dear presido act fast....
Kudos to you Mr PMB...
some of you are just outrightly st*pid,civilians where massacred in broad daylight and all you have to say,is that your tyranical government acted in good faith. You said if the past regime had acted this way,Boko haram wld ve been a thing of the past,but you systematically forgot to mention that it was this same extra-judicial killing of the Boko haram leaders and followers,that led to the rise of the most dreaded terrorist group(bokoharam).
Indeed one may be forced to concur to the assertion by some people that,Nigeria most likely is a zoo,over 300 Nigerians killed in one short event and everybody turns a blind eye,like nothing happened. Even in the zoo,animal lives are preserved by its care-takers,inspite of the obvious lawlessness of the animals.
Am waiting for such proficiency to be applied by our army in stopping the menacing rampage of Buharis fulanis kingsmen,who has constituted about the 2nd most dreaded terrorist group on planet earth. Who have been on rampage in our rural areas and not Shiites observing their religious right.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Lytech(m): 5:08am On Jan 07, 2016
AustineE1:

some of you are just outrightly st*pid,civilians where massacred in broad daylight and all you have to say,is that your tyranical government acted in good faith. You said if the past regime had acted this way,Boko haram wld ve been a thing of the past,but you systematically forgot to mention that it was this same extra-judicial killing of the Boko haram leaders and followers,that led to the rise of the most dreaded terrorist group(bokoharam).
Indeed one may be forced to concur to the assertion by some people that,Nigeria most likely is a zoo,over 300 Nigerians killed in one short event and everybody turns a blind eye,like nothing happened. Even in the zoo,animal lives are preserved by its care-takers,inspite of the obvious lawlessness of the animals.
Am waiting for such proficiency to be applied by our army in stopping the menacing rampage of Buharis fulanis kingsmen,who has constituted about the 2nd most dreaded terrorist group on planet earth. Who have been on rampage in our rural areas and not Shiites observing their religious right.
it takes only a foolish fowl to sleep without protecting her kids...
Wait and see if this sect will end up been like BH...
The dullness,lack of vision,no clear direction,selfish and stupidity of GEJ empower the BH boys....
Are the BH bigger than Nigerians?
GEJ strengthen the BH,instead of looting public fund,he shld have diverted that in creating employment opportunity for the youth...idle hand them say is a devil workshop...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Lytech:

The dullness,lack of vision,no clear direction,selfish and stupidity of GEJ empower the BH boys....
GEJ strengthen the BH,instead of looting public fund,he shld have diverted that in creating employment opportunity for the youth...idle hand them say is a devil workshop...

It is a warning to all you Biafran agitators, parents warn your kids. Foolish people go on with Nnamdi. You see what happened to Muslims how much more Biafra.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 07, 2016
AustineE1:

some of you are just outrightly st*pid,civilians where massacred in broad daylight and all you have to say,is that your tyranical government acted in good faith.

Some of you are outrightly foolish & insane. Y should the civilians confront a standing Army, brandishing machetes & catapults if they weren't prepared to die?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by kulikuli26: 6:22am On Jan 07, 2016
Nothing justifies this killings. I personally lost my respect for Buhari after this massacre. I campaigned on the streets of Lagos for Buhari with my resources but I just can't wrap my head to support this indiscriminate use of excessive force against harmless civilians. Since this incident, everyday I wake up, I struggle to rebuild my love and hope in Buhari but I just couldn't find that strength anywhere. The humanity in me seems to never forgive him for this atrocity. More annoying is the fact that he seems to have ordered that massacre. I'm a muslim and a sunni but I believe Allah hasn't commanded us to take innocent lives by whatever guise even if we feel they don't practice the religion in the right way prescribed by the holy Quran. May Allah forgive everyone of us. This is beyond me walahi.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by disloman(m): 6:28am On Jan 07, 2016
AustineE1:

In your mind,you have posted a sensible comment but this is the most stup1d and senseless comment ever read on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Pangea: 6:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Nigerian army,
Always brave in the face of harmless civilian!
This video should be sent asap to the Human right commission of the UN for full investigation.
Someone needs to be prosecuted for this!
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by vanunu: 6:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Zoharariel:

Some of you are outrightly foolish & insane. Y should the civilians confront a standing Army, brandishing machetes & catapults if they weren't prepared to die?

U people are really insane, why are u happy that your govt killed about 300 shiites for performing there religious duty. In Germany where some immigrants went on raping spree last week the govt did not kill even one person .

Shame on you evil people.

2 Likes

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by disloman(m): 6:33am On Jan 07, 2016
kulikuli26:
Nothing justifies this killings. I personally lost my respect for Buhari after this massacre. I campaigned on the streets of Lagos for Buhari with my resources but I just can't wrap my head to support this indiscriminate use of excessive force against harmless civilians. Since this incident, everyday I wake up, I struggle to rebuild my love and hope in Buhari but I just couldn't find that strength anywhere. The humanity in me seems to never forgive him for this atrocity. More annoying is the fact that he seems to have ordered that massacre. I'm a muslim and a sunni but I believe Allah hasn't commanded us to take innocent lives by whatever guise even if we feel they don't practice the religion in the right way prescribed by the holy Quran. May Allah forgive everyone of us. This is beyond me walahi.
Bro!you didn't do sh1t for buhari.Cos if you did,you would have know the kind of man you are campaigning for.Buhari is not blinded with religious sentiment.I remembered last time,the quran still tells us to obey the laws of the land.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by idu1(m): 6:40am On Jan 07, 2016
Meatchew
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Chubhie: 6:45am On Jan 07, 2016
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Allahu arkba for truth has finally donned on her G-Strings and like a lady scorned will see that justice is done.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by ckmayoca: 6:54am On Jan 07, 2016
vanunu:

U people are really insane, why are u happy that your govt killed about 300 shiites for performing there religious duty. In Germany where some immigrants went on raping spree last week the govt did not kill even one person .

Shame on you evil people.

Leave then oh. Na muslim dey kill muslim, dem dey count score. Dem talk am say we know our money is safe with the man but is our life's safe?
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by 9icelag: 7:06am On Jan 07, 2016
If a religious sect can lie about the immediate cause of the clash then what do we expect from members. The question is why don't they want to admit the convoy of the COAS was blocked? Probably because they knew they stir the hornets nest.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by ShowYourCertificate: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2016
The international community is watching
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by koboko69: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2016
AustineE1:

Shut up abeg. See the clowns claiming they didnt know the people holding cutllasses shouting. This video shows nothing dofferent from what the army have admitted. I was expecting to see something more damning. Confronting th COAS convoy was suicidal....
We saw the pleas and action of the Misguided youths. I cant see anything sensible in the video
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by superstar1(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2016
Why will they even be blocking a road that is meant to be plied by all?

You now have the audacity to ask the COAS to.turn back.

Wallahi, Buratai seems to be a patient man. If I were Inn his shoes, I will shoot my way from Nigeria down to Ayatollah's room in Iran.

Anybody that can recognise the supremacy of the Nigerian Constitution can relocate to Iran where Quran is their constitution.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by NakedEve: 7:41am On Jan 07, 2016
We in the marine world need more blood, more blood I say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by drss2(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2016
Lytech:
Kudos to you Mr PMB...
d wat u pipul reason is unbelievable. u call d calos massacre of shiite an act to prevent boko haram with so many innocent lives lost all because d army lied dat shiites were trying to kill d coas is a road block a direct warrant to venture into their place of worship hrs after d road debacle n kill over 300 unarm civilian then took d bodies n bury dem in mass graves to hide d evidence Does dat act not shows action with evil intent by f army instead of d victims who were d shiites be compensated n giving justice, they ar made to look like terrorist. dis shia debacle is far from over.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by kulikuli26: 7:46am On Jan 07, 2016
I don't have to prove you wrong on whether I campaigned for Buhari or not. Let's assume laws of the land were broken, does the law broken carry death sentence? Does the Quran say when you break law by blocking road, death sentence is the reward? You can continue to delude yourself that everything is alright with this killing but let's pray this doesn't happen to someone close to us.
disloman:
Bro!you didn't do sh1t for buhari.Cos if you did,you would have know the kind of man you are campaigning for.Buhari is not blinded with religious sentiment.I remembered last time,the quran still tells us to obey the laws of the land.

2 Likes

Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by drss2(m): 7:50am On Jan 07, 2016
Lytech:

under who's tenure was boko leader killed extra judiciously was it not yar adua in 2007
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by disloman(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2016
kulikuli26:
I don't have to prove you wrong on whether I campaigned for Buhari or not. Let's assume laws of the land were broken, does the law broken carry death sentence? Does the Quran say when you break law by blocking road, death sentence is the reward? You can continue to delude yourself that everything is alright with this killing but let's pray this doesn't happen to someone close to us.
You still getting it wrong.I don't know how to explain it to you.Death sentence is not the penalty for such offence but where the lives of the officer were threaten.What do you expect them to do?Did you see the video released by the army?Bro!forget the religious sentiment,they were wrong and have been dealt with.Shikena
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Super1Star: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2016
How do we even believe that the caller is not one of their sect member?

It seems Iran has a sinister and clandestine plan with the group. How Iran carried the whole matter on.their head is ridiculous and very suspicious. At last, their plan of waging Ayatollah kind of bloody revolution for Nigeria was nipped in the bud.

I can understand why they are crying more than the bereaved.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by Super1Star: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2016
Lalasticlala front page.
Re: Zaria Massacre: ​shi’ite Group Releases Own Video -- PT by kulikuli26: 8:02am On Jan 07, 2016
Video released by Army? Where in that video did the shiites lift a finger or slap any army officer beyond holding cutlasses which couldn't be compared to guns held by Army in the same video. Let's even assume they were attacked at that moment, please what justifies the return by the Army the following day to kill unarmed civilians? Please let's not support injustice. But you are always entitled to your opinion. I wish you well.
disloman:
You still getting it wrong.I don't know how to explain it to you.Death sentence is not the penalty for such offence but where the lives of the officer were threaten.What do you expect them to do?Did you see the video released by the army?Bro!forget the religious sentiment,they were wrong and have been dealt with.Shikena

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hausa/fulani Is Far Richer Than Igbo In Nigeria / Osinbajo: Our Security Challenge Demands Smarter Approach / I Never Entertained Any Fear Over Lawsuits Against Me – Otti On Tribunal Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.