Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ (13513 Views)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Wins First House Of Reps Seat / Defection: PDP To INEC, Declare Dariye’s Seat Vacant / Nairalander Opens Online Petition To Declare Faleke Kogi Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ by Adayi1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Why don't you compare it with a more similar case. In 2012, Hon. Seriake Dickson contested the governorship election in Bayelsa State while still in the HoR. He remained a member till he took the oath of office as Governor of Bayelsa State.
who am i to say otherwise when the law of the land permit it.... But from the school of common sense, those ikeja guys were right. For example..... Ur constituency Rep suddenly discover he is from another state and has no interest in ur state anymore and also want to take elective post in his new state... I dont think it makes sense representing people you dont have the interest at heart... For dickson, he is a rep in bayelsa and contestin for gov in bayelsa....
Re: ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ by Kennydoc(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
OnankpaBa:
maybe am not good at law but is he not suppose to resign before going for the election?

Politicians holding elective positions don't need to resign before they can contest elections. That's why Presidents, governors, senators, reps who contest for 2nd term retain their seats during and after election till handover.
A very related example is Chris Ngige who was the senator representing Anambra Central in the 7th Assembly and contested Anambra gubernatorial election in 2014. After he lost the election, he returned to his seat as a senator.
Re: ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ by EricDonn(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Adayi1:

who am i to say otherwise when the law of the land permit it.... But from the school of common sense, those ikeja guys were right. For example..... Ur constituency Rep suddenly discover he is from another state and has no interest in ur state anymore and also want to take elective post in his new state... I dont think it makes sense representing people you dont have the interest at heart... For dickson, he is a rep in bayelsa and contestin for gov in bayelsa....
The Ikeja guys are right, Faleke is not wrong awsell according to d constitution, the law has given them an opportunity to 'recall' Faleke though I doubt if that is possible in Nigeria
Re: ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ by mikolo80: 4:31am On Jan 08, 2016
OnankpaBa:
you have a point my guy. On a serious note, how on earth did he think he will even become the governor of the state. His voters card is reading Lagos.

any Nigerian can run in any state.now, whether indigenes go vote for outsider is a story for the gods. read your constitution
Re: ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ by mikolo80: 4:33am On Jan 08, 2016
anonimi:
APC electoral and political CORRUPTION has been going on forever.
Using one candidate in two separate elections in different states is their FRAUDULENT style.

show me in the constitution where you have to resign from rep to run for deputy gwamna. not apc fault that you don't read or have intelligence to exploit loopholes
Re: ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ by mikolo80: 4:37am On Jan 08, 2016
lawnreigh:
The kind of greed running in Nigerian politicians is among the highest in the world, the man want to play a fast one on people, gamble with Kogi election while retaining his seat in the Reps, What happens to resignation as soon as he was nominated? As some people said, its double wahala for dead body
how is it his fault that you are not hungry for the good things of life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Upturn Odili’s Perpetual Injunction - The Sun / Boko Haram: Service Chiefs In Borno, Deploy 11 Fighter Jets / Shehu Sani Reveals What Must Be Done Before Creation Of State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.