Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,242 members, 7,829,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) (4807 Views)

Seedstars Nigeria: People Operations Lead Vacancy / Guinness Nigeria Global Graduate Program 2016 - Finance / Total Oil And Gas, Young Graduate Program 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tr3y(m): 9:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Seedstars Academy is where tech-driven young achievers become entrepreneurs and learn the skills of the future.

Consider applying to the Seedstars Academy, a 1 year, paid opportunity to become a tech entrepreneur while learning from successful mentors & investors and practicing on exciting MVPs.

Candidates that make it through our screening process are invited to participate in a free, 5 days bootcamp led by Seedstars network mentors & partners. After the bootcamp and if you are selected, you will be invited to join the paid program.

It starts with a 3 months fully-immersive program in one of our seedspace.co hubs. The second batch will held in Lagos / Nigeria.

The program lasts 12-13 weeks so the first week is full-time course. After that, you will have 10% coaching, mentoring & workshops sessions and the chance to gain a practical and concrete vision of a tech startup by experimenting, launching or building MVPs.

You will have the opportunity to work on multiple MVPs (from websites to apps) in a multidisciplinary team, and to assimilate the theoretical concepts that will be introduced in parallel with the help of the teaching team, which consists of investors, founders and professionals from major international startups.

Once you are done with the program, we place you in one of our company. As such, we'll provide you with an offer to hire you full-time right after the program to continue working on successful MVPs, Seedstars ventures or have you join a SeedstarsWorld startup.

What do you get?

3 months of training to become an entrepreneur with a salary of $400/mo
At the end of the program, we'll select the best candidates and offer them a job in one of our company paid $1'000/mo
Personal class hours with top mentors
Building & scaling MVPs
Build a powerful network in emerging markets thanks to seedstarsworld.com

Recruitment schedule for Seedstars Academy

Application deadline: February 15, 2016
Aptitude tests (online): 16th February, 2016 - 29th February, 2016
Interviews: 7th March, 2016 - 13th March, 2016
Bootcamp: 14th March, 2016 - 20th March, 2016

Official start date: March 21st, 2016

To apply visit https://seedstars.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0hygh/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tr3y(m): 9:12am On Jan 07, 2016
This is similar to Andela but better and shorter.

1 Like

Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by enigmatique(m): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2016
tr3y:
This is similar to Andela but better and shorter.
Hmmm. I like this. Done a preliminary read-through of the page at the link posted and I definitely think I'll give it a shot.

By the way, how did you come by this info? Mayhaps you're an employee/partner/entrepreneur of theirs? Just curious.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tr3y(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2016
enigmatique:

Hmmm. I like this. Done a preliminary read-through of the page at the link posted and I definitely think I'll give it a shot.

By the way, how did you come by this info? Mayhaps you're an employee/partner/entrepreneur of theirs? Just curious.

I am not related to them in any way, I saw it on job board and decided to share it here.
It is worth it if you want to walk the entrepreneur path. I wanted to apply to Andela but the four years contract discouraged me but this one is one year which is great IMO.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by iamclime(m): 11:58am On Jan 07, 2016
THIS IS NICE. WILL GIVE IT A SHOT. THANKS, OP.

1 Like

Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by enigmatique(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
tr3y:

I am not related to them in any way, I saw it on job board and decided to share it here.
It is worth it if you want to walk the entrepreneur path. I wanted to apply to Andela but the four years contract discouraged me but this one is one year which is great IMO.

Me too. That four-year contract is a very significant matter to my mind, though not an absolute turn-off for me. But I think this one is cool too.

By the way, thank you for your kindness and care to share this on NL. But it needs more publicity.

Therefore, shout out to lalasticlala, ishilove, davide470 and uboma.

1 Like

Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tr3y(m): 9:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
Who are those people BTW? Are they celebs? coz I don't know them.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by CharlyNick: 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nice
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by enigmatique(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
tr3y:
Who are those people BTW? Are they celebs? coz I don't know them.
Are you talking about the people I mentioned?
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tr3y(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
enigmatique:

Are you talking about the people I mentioned?
Yep
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by enigmatique(m): 10:48am On Jan 12, 2016
tr3y:

Yep
shocked shocked
You seriously don't know those people? They're mods and supermods of Nairaland. They're the ones that recommend that a thread be moved to front page, especially lalasticlala. And FP is where this info/thread can get the most exposure. That's why I mentioned them so that they'll come and have a look.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tr3y(m): 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
I just got this from Seedstars

Thank you for your interest in Seedstars Academy, we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for this very challenging position!

I'm glad to let you know that you've progressed to the next round, the aptitude test. Before we proceed however, I want you to confirm to us the following:
1. That you would be able to live in Lagos
2. That you're ready to commit fully to this challenge. This is a rigorous program and the intensity will increase significantly. If you clear the aptitude test, you will go through a real-life sales challenge to test your skills as an entrepreneur. Based on this performance will you be enrolled into the program.

Once you confirm your acceptance to the above, I will send you the URL to the aptitude test.

Good Luck

Cheers

Anyone got the same mail?
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by undefeated(m): 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
I also did, but am thinking why send mails when application is still opened
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tr3y(m): 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
undefeated:
I also did, but am thinking why send mails when application is still opened

Congratulation

I think the application is closed because the brought the deadline forward to Jan 31, what I don't understand is why the application link is still open.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by undefeated(m): 11:30am On Feb 05, 2016
please has anybody received the URL
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tr3y(m): 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
undefeated:
please has anybody received the URL

They just sent a mail that they can't find my video and won't be able to continue with my application. Say make I apply again for next batch.

Video wey I wear my Sunday best and did like 500 times before picking the best na him one guy dey talk say him no see.

I just Para back tell am make them open their eyes oo if they no want Wetin happen for 1940 to repeat itself.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by tomsonlampard: 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
I just applied now, like how long will it take for me to receive the mail regarding my aptitude test?
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by undefeated(m): 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
so sorry bro. received same mail but I did not upload any video. filling the career page was even tasking talk less of video. when they are ready let them send the URL
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by enigmatique(m): 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
tr3y:

They just sent a mail that they can't find my video and won't be able to continue with my application. Say make I apply again for next batch.

Video wey I wear my Sunday best and did like 500 times before picking the best na him one guy dey talk say him no see.

I just Para back tell am make them open their eyes oo if they no want Wetin happen for 1940 to repeat itself.

Same here. Initially got the message, replied to it as they required but was then sent that regret mail. Just like undefeated, I found the filling of the form very tedious, not to talk of recording a video and then starting over. But to hear you say you actually submitted the video and yet they disqualified you... Anyway, no para for them mbok/biko. Let's wait and get the full picture.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by gentletalkaktiv: 11:02am On Mar 03, 2016
Hello guys.Anyone got to the sales challenge stage??
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by bigfish411(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2016
gentletalkaktiv:
Hello guys.Anyone got to the sales challenge stage??
yeah
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by gentletalkaktiv: 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
bigfish411:

yeah
I already sent you an email bro
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by enigmatique(m): 7:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
gentletalkaktiv, bigfish411
Make una discuss am here na, for the benefit of all Nairalanders, just like the Andela thread.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by bigfish411(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
enigmatique:
gentletalkaktiv, bigfish411
Make una discuss am here na, for the benefit of all Nairalanders, just like the Andela thread.
lol. nothing much bro. The Sales challenge was all about testing how you can sell a website that meets specific needs of upcoming entrepreneurs with little or no presence on the Web. Since making sales is key to being a successful entrepreneur. I am not so frequent on nairaland. You can always drop me a mail for clarification. Cheers
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by enigmatique(m): 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
bigfish411:
lol. nothing much bro. The Sales challenge was all about testing how you can sell a website that meets specific needs of upcoming entrepreneurs with little or no presence on the Web. Since making sales is key to being a successful entrepreneur. I am not so frequent on nairaland. You can always drop me a mail for clarification. Cheers
No wahala. Thanks for the help.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by gentletalkaktiv: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2016
@enigmatique bigfish 411 already did justice to that.The sales challenge was the next after the aptitude test.We were required to sell simple web solutions to budding entrepreneurs or entrepreneurs with little or no presence on the web.The boot camp will be around the last week in March.
Re: Seedstars Academy Nigeria Program 2016(Entrepreneurial/IT training) by enigmatique(m): 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
gentletalkaktiv:
@enigmatique bigfish 411 already did justice to that.The sales challenge was the next after the aptitude test.We were required to sell simple web solutions to budding entrepreneurs or entrepreneurs with little or no presence on the web.The boot camp will be around the last week in March.

Gotcha. Thanks!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sales Rep, Cashiers, Store Keeper, Technician & Others Apply Now! / Natforce Recruitment 2022 Application Form Portal / Likely Answer To Question In Access Bank Interview.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.