Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News (2851 Views)

Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark / Compelling Letter: Nnamdi Kanu’s Legal Counsel Writes To The British Government / Do You Agree With This Illustration(pics)?- Leadership News.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by phemmyutd(m): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read

Ephraim Adiele
— Jan 7, 2016 3:57 am

Sometime in May 2014, I was at Lekki Beach, a place we like to call CLASS OF WIZARDS or CLASS for short. It’s a place where young men and sometimes women come to chill out and share ideas on every topic there is to discuss.

On this day, one class member, Celestine seemed hyper- happy. He kept smiling for no apparent reason. This prompted the rest of the class to ask what the happiness was about. Soon enough, he began telling us about Radio Biafra, gave us the dial and started telling us about a demonstration scheduled for May 31, 2014. I calmly told him to relax on the pro-Biafra enthusiasm as although that dream was not dead, it was quite far from realisation. I even placed a bet that the May 31 demonstration would be of no national significance. I won the bet.

Soon after the 2015 election and I was in Enugu, one of my favourite places to relax and I was having drinks with several young, enthusiastic and politically conscious Nigerians with whom I started a non-political movement – the Peoples Liberation Congress (PLC).

We were having drinks and discussing issue that had to do with the late senator Chukwumerije came up, we compared his death to that of Oronto Douglas and majority of us were of the opinion that the latter would be remembered more than the aged former because he dedicated his life to a humanitarian cause. At a point I stood up to get drinks for a member of our movement who had just joined us. Just then I was stopped by a bearded man who I must say bore a striking resemblance to the late Biafran leader, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. He asked if I was an Igbo man, given that I was wearing my trademark Yoruba native caps. I replied “Yes, abum nwa Aba” meaning I am from Aba. He then showed me his phone, claiming he had made some calls for us to be dealt with for insulting Chukwumerije in Biafra. I then got into a discussion with this man, explaining certain things.

The man later joined our table and introduced himself as a member of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB). After several minutes, we took his contact and promised to be in touch. As he left, we laughed over the fact that he was still thinking of Biafra seceding via violence.

That discussion made me embark on more research about the Biafra movement. I was to find out that the Radio Biafra my friend Celestine had told me about had started gaining the attention of the public in the East. I started asking people I met in Enugu bars about what they felt about the whole Biafra thing. Their response was divergent. Many wanted Biafra, but a bloodless secession. Others wanted Biafra and claimed to be ready for bloodshed too. The rest did not even want to hear of Biafra anymore.

Soon enough, I was back in Lagos, although I had my ears on the activities of Radio Biafra and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Enugu and other parts of the east. From what I was told, the director and major broadcaster of the pirate radio, Nnamdi Kanu was busy feeding his listeners with hate speeches and vulgarity. I was also told that he was spreading the propaganda of violence to his listeners. I have a problem with this. I, for one, have undertaken a long study of Adolf Hitler, who led the most successful “tribe/race based” onslaught in history. One thing I learnt from Hitler was the power of sustained propaganda. Even though Hitler had violence as the means to carry out his plans, it is worthy to note that he spent about 20 years spreading the propaganda of love for “folk and fatherland.”

Now, Nnamdi Kanu has one of the most powerful propaganda medium ever –A RADIO STATION. But in my opinion, he is not spreading the right propaganda. Inciting people towards violence when you live in the UK and hold British citizenship is not a true revolutionary move. At least that’s not what I learnt from Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela, not even Hitler. These men all led their revolutions from the front, not from a remote location. I insisted that if Nnamdi Kanu was in anyway serious, he should leave the UK, return to Nigeria and say those things he has been saying, so when he is picked up, his followers can “Mandelarise” him.

Radio Biafra kept waxing strong until they caught the attention of the Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government, who, in typical Buhari fashion began a clamp down on the station and IPOB members.

In October 2015, I took a week to visit Enugu again. This time around, I had IPOB and Biafra as one of the key reasons for this visit. Soon enough, I had several meetings with members of IPOB. Some were planned while some others happened by chance. We discussed at length, I needed to know the direction the IPOB movement was going. From my findings, Kanu was still on the same track.

During my stay, I met with these IPOB people and I saw the enthusiasm they had, but it was blind enthusiasm. They did not know the consequences of such an unplanned, violence based secession. How not-so-good-an-idea such a move would be from a diplomatic perspective. And by diplomatic, I mean international relations.

More worrisome was the disdain the IPOB members and their sympathisers had for MASSOB members and any Igbo indigene that refuses to tow their train of thought. That is wrong, from a media perspective; it simply means your propaganda is not sinking in. Anytime I tell any IPOB or MASSOB member that I’m from Aba, they get angrier and I laugh some more. Aba is seen as one of the strongest hold, if not the strongest hold of the Biafra movement, but I’m not a fanatic person.

Take the Buhari case as an example, I always ask people why they never saw Buhari as this incorruptible saint in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 presidential election. The answer is simple; a well-orchestrated propaganda was stringed together within a couple of years which made it possible for him to appear squeaky clean.

In addition to this, Radio Biafra and IPOB are not putting into consideration the millions of Igbos and South South indigenes that are living outside the “Biafran” territory. In plain English: Biafra is not a topic of popular discussion in many, many places in Nigeria. Again, let me hold the thought I had… But Kanu needs to reach out if he knows what he is doing… which I mostly doubt.

Going back to Lagos, my idea of the realisation of Biafra remained the same: Biafra is a good idea, but Biafra is very far from being ready. I told one pro-Biafran friend of mine, “If Biafra is actualised without years of thorough planning, dem go fight the true true Biafra war within six months”

Not soon after I got back to Lagos, I heard that Nnamdi Kanu had returned to Nigeria and was arrested. I swallowed saliva. Things just got interesting!

As I write this, Kanu is yet to be released, I read that his bail conditions are yet to be met or something of that nature. I have since told people to leave me out of the Biafra argument, for now. Let us see how Kanu and his cohorts plan to use the event of his arrest to the advantage of their cause. But, if I am to give Kanu just one advise, only one – I will advise him to change the direction of the propaganda. Kanu should imagine the kind of global support the IPOB movement would have garnered if he had continually pushed for a referendum.

That’s the kind of thing that would sell without having to gain unnecessary enemies in the international community before his dream is even actualised. No smart revolutionary goes to public domain to solicit multi-billion dollar funds to acquire weapons. I’ve listened to Kanu several times on Radio Biafra and watched a few video clips. The young man is smart. But not smart enough in my opinion. In every revolutionary move, military tactics can never be overlooked. In fact, it is the most important thing to put into consideration, but you do not bring it to the front burner. It is left in the background while diplomatic strategies are employed and explored to the fullest.

-http://leadership.ng/columns/489565/open-letter-nnamdi-kanu-must-read

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by isaacasher(m): 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
grin
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by Milliprime: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Your research is inconclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by drss2(m): 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nelson Mandela was perharps d most hated member of ANC ever during his campaign against aperthied. d west hated him for campaigning against white minority rule. he was arrested, branded like a terrorist, brutalized n was thrown into prison for his cause. if someone like mandela, who was once listed on america's terrorist list could go through all dis, wat about Kanu no propaganda can stop d ipod cause.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by EternalTruths: 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
What will be will be

Anyway have you guys heard about the relocation of import clearing agency headquarters to Kano state by APC.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by abduljabbar4(m): 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
drss2:
Nelson Mandela was perharps d most hated member of ANC ever during his campaign against aperthied. d west hated him for campaigning against white majority rule. he was arrested, branded like a terrorist, brutalized n was thrown into prison for his cause. if someone like mandela could go through all dis, wat about Kanu no propaganda can stop d ipod cause.

Wait oo! Are you comparing Kanu with Mandela? Please done kill me with laughter abeg. Comparing Namdi Cownu with Mandela is like Comparing Comparing a Lamborghini with a wheel Barrow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by phemmyutd(m): 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
EternalTruths:
What will be will be

Anyway have you guys heard about the relocation of import clearing agency headquarters to Kano state by APC.

Give us your source. thanks
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by Super1Star: 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
The Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw aka "our Dilector" is nothing but a terrorist and a toothless lion and he will be treated as such by the Nigerian State that he was calling names.

Mentioning Kanu names alongside Ghandi, Mandela, Martin Luther King is an insult on those names and a denigration of those great names.
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by xtrorx: 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Super1Star:
The Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw aka "our Dilector" is nothing but a terrorist and a toothless lion and he will be treated as such by the Nigerian State that he was calling names.

Mentioning Kanu names alongside Ghandi, Mandela, Martin Luther King is an insult on those names and a denigration of those great names.

Frustrated disciple of anger, slavery, hate and propaganda, here is what NK has for bigots like you:

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice." - Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vYxXAQYKyX0

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by abduljabbar4(m): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nelson Mandela never threatened to burn down South Africa or kill everyone in South African and spare a particular "golden" tribe

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by meeky007(m): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Wait oo! Are you comparing Kanu with Mandela? Please done kill me with laughter abeg. Comparing Namdi Cownu with Mandela is like Comparing Comparing a Lamborghini with a wheel Barrow
IGNORANCE WILL KILL U 1DAY

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by drss2(m): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
Nelson Mandela never threatened to burn down South Africa or kill everyone in South African and spare a particular "golden" tribe
see who's talking? Go n read about aperthied n d mandela struggle so as to get proper understanding of wat freedom fighter go through.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by abduljabbar4(m): 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
drss2:
see who's talking? Go n read about aperthied n mandela so as to get proper understanding of wat freedom fighter go through.
I read that 5 years ago but namdi kanu had a very simple and easy way of getting Biafra but decided to take the hard/dangerous way.
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by drss2(m): 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

a wheel barrow dat is giving buari sleepless nights. keep laughing. We will see who will laugh last.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by ccoolitempa: 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kanu is a terrorist and must be so treated...he will be found guilty and sentenced to death... angry
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Sound
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by drss2(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

I read that 5 years ago but namdi kanu had a very simple and easy way of getting Biafra but decided to take the hard/dangerous way.
From the White House to the halls of Congress, U.S. government
officials have responded to the death of Nelson Mandela with a hail of testimonials to the late South African president’s leadership in the struggle for freedom and human rights.

[b]Until five years ago, however, the U.S. officially considered
Mandela a terrorist. During the Cold War, both the State and
Defense departments dubbed Mandela’s political party, the Africa
National Congress, a terrorist group, and Mandela’s name
remained on the U.S. terrorism watch list till 2008.
Presidents Carter and Reagan and Congress had all instituted
sanctions against the white minority South African government because of its policy of racial apartheid. But in 1986, Reagan condemned Mandela’s group, the ANC, which was leading the black struggle against the apartheid regime, saying it engaged in "calculated terror ... the mining of roads, the bombings of public places, designed to bring about further repression."
After the apartheid regime in South Africa declared the ANC a
terrorist group, the Reagan administration followed suit.

In August of 1988, the State Department listed the ANC among
"organizations that engage in terrorism.” It said the group
''disavows a strategy that deliberately targets civilians,” but noted that civilians had “been victims of incidents claimed by or
attributed to the ANC.”
Five months later, in January 1989, the Defense Department
included the ANC in an official publication, "Terrorist Group
Profiles," with a foreword by President-elect George H.W. Bush.
The ANC was listed among 52 of the "world's more notorious
terrorist groups." (One of the others listed, Yasser Arafat's Fatah, is now the ruling party in the West Bank.)[/b]

The publication referred to Mandela, who had once led the ANC’s military wing, as part of the "leadership," though by then he had spent more than a quarter century in prison. It also accepted the apartheid regime's claim that "ANC's operations -- which
heretofore had sought to avoid civilian casualties -- abruptly
changed. Attacks became more indiscriminate, resulting in both
black and white civilian victims." Five months before the report
was issued, the ANC had taken responsibility for some attacks that resulted in civilian deaths but had pledged to prevent a recurrence.

The report cited 13 attacks during the 1980s, many of which
targeted government facilities, including a military command
headquarters, an unfinished nuclear plant, a courthouse and
SASOL, the government-owned coal-to-oil conversion facility. Of
those incidents that resulted in deaths, the biggest was a car-
bombing of the South African Air Force headquarters in Pretoria

Link: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/us-government-considered-nelson-mandela-terrorist-until-2008-f2D11708787

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by abduljabbar4(m): 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
drss2:
a wheel barrow dat is giving buari sleepless nights. keep laughing. We will see who will laugh last.

Old women are protesting unclad for his release and you are here saying he is giving Buhari headachegrin
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by Super1Star: 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorx:

Frustrated disciple of anger, slavery, hate and propaganda, here is what NK has for bigots like you:

"I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice." - Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vYxXAQYKyX0

Pissing on you the Son of Damnation and Kanu the Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw.
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by LoveDecay(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
The writer seems well educated. However, it is my humble opinion that he is biased and a Biafran/IPOB apologist.

I say he is , as his writing centre's on presenting the Biafran cause as legitimate in relation to Nnamdi Kanu. Every story, I have read in regards to Nnamdi kanu tells only of what he is doing or going to do - their are no stories of what he has done.

Where did he school, what is his job in the Uk e,t,c. We also have heard nothing from the UK authorities - we expect this, as Nigeria is a member of the common wealth and by extension Nnamdi Kanu's actions are against the crown's interests within limits. But, I am still interested what are his records in the United Kingdom ?

I shall return to the Biafra issue itself (still in relation to Kanu). Kanu's actions have rendered the Biafran cause illegitimate, disruptive and dangerous. Kanu has been seen on a video soliciting for Guns and bullets, and heard on radio promoting segregation, hatred and fear.

All methods Kanu is using to promote Biafra were perhaps okay decades ago but today activities like these are nothing but acts of terrorism - one would imagine that only muslims are terrorist as this is the popular assumption but terrorism itself is not defined, as they say one mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter. In this case Kanu is a terrorist not only to the majority of Nigerians but to the western world - no man can solicit for guns and bullets and also give a date for destruction yet remain innocent in the eyes of the world.

There are too many global conflicts around the world, many of which share similar features with IPOB. People fighting for freedom which they never receive and may never receive because the world is busy fighting to keep balanced and conflict free regions - balanced and conflict free.

[s]Wars cost money, bringing peace cost money, supporting war torn regions cost money and rebuilding these same region cost money as well.[/s]

I have barely scratched the surface of this issue.
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by abduljabbar4(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
@drss2 we are talking about Namdi Kanu here and not Nelson Mandela. Its only a silly or self-serving liar would compare the two
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by xtrorx: 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
Super1Star:
Pissing on you the Son of Damnation and Kanu the Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw.

Remember, your god Awolowo, the genocidal chief and children murderer, he could only but end his life in a most miserable way - suicide in the similitude of rat poisoning; the worst Damnation in the history of the 'sophisticated' Yoruba tribe!

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by xtrorx: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
LoveDecay:

I understand your plight; that you dread to be left alone and that's the reason you've tried in vain to conjure theories to sell your propaganda.

In all your search for knowledge, understand that self-defence is a fundamental right. So your assumptions on the right of a people to self-determination is null, void and of no effect.

Never mind, you can begin to consolidate on OduaArewanistan republic where you're most needed as loyal subject.

A legitimate agitation by a people for a simple referendum is no way a crime. Resorting to cheap propaganda of unreasonable theories and reeling out old time war tales with video clips and pictures reeks of hypocrisy and only meant to divert attention from the crust of the matter to the subterranean.

Victor Hugo once said "no army can stop an idea whose time has come" and that "one can resist the invasion of armies but not the invas

1 Like

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by Super1Star: 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorx:

Remember, your god Awolowo, the genocidal chief and children murderer, he could only but end his life in a most miserable way - suicide in the similitude of rat poisoning; the worst Damnation in the history of the 'sophisticated' Yoruba tribe! 

I knew you this cursed son of damnation will say something stup1d as usual.
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by xtrorx: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Super1Star:

I knew you this cursed son of damnation will say something stup1d as usual.

It takes an accursed, fetish inbred slave and rapscallion from a juju-infested enclave to come on NL to rant carelessly and senselessly.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by Super1Star: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorx:

It takes an accursed, fetish inbred slave and rapscallion from a juju-infested enclave to come on NL to rant carelessly and senselessly.

The son of damnation continues buccal cavity diarrhoea.
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by hmuhammad(m): 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
meeky007:
IGNORANCE WILL KILL U 1DAY
HBP will kill you one day
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by xtrorx: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Super1Star:
The son of damnation continues buccal cavity diarrhoea.

An accursed, fetish inbred slave and rapscallion from a juju-infested enclave suffering from Cotard’s Delusion, “Walking Corpse Syndrome”...
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by Super1Star: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorx:

An accursed, fetish inbred slave and rapscallion from a juju-infested enclave suffering from Cotard’s Delusion, “Walking Corpse Syndrome”...

The insanity of son of damnation aggravating.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by xtrorx: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Super1Star:
The insanity of son of damnation aggravating.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

The doom of an accursed, fetish inbred slave and rapscallion from a juju-infested enclave unloading...
Re: Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu Must Read- Leadership News by OperationIgrigi: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
**grins** @ Ephraim adiele you were one of those who dared to return and lead from the front and stop "hiding in Uk". Hope you felt like idi.ot when he finally showed you how serious he was by returning home. Hope you felt even more idio.tic when he refused to apologize and sign to abandon the struggle in exchange for his freedom. If you didn't feel stupid after this, then it means you.are a propagandist and buharist sycophant and we know your type. Happy sycophantic new year to you and nda-isah's sycophantic Apc leadership newspaper. **grins**

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Alarming Rate Nigerians Are Migrating To Other Countries / Photo: Ali Modu Sheriff, His Wife And Their Children / 2015 APC Primary Election Tussle: Gov.tambuwal Losses At Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.