Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Oop Php - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Oop Php (1317 Views)

Learn Object Oriented Programming (OOP) AT SANDCROFT SOFTWARE / After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. / Why Is OOP PHP So Confusing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oop Php by IMYs(f): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
I want to learn PHP5, which is OOP PHP. Someone advised i read OOP first before reading the OOP PHP. is this the right thing to do? or can reading OOP PHP without reading OOP first be easier to understand?
Thanks in advance.... smiley
Re: Oop Php by omoelu1(m): 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
IMYs:
I want to learn PHP5, which is OOP PHP. Someone advised i read OOP first before reading the OOP PHP. is this the right thing to do? or can reading OOP PHP without reading OOP first be easier to understand?
I would advice you read a book on php treating OOP.
Going to read about OOP first might make things too abstract as some OOP books don't show real codes.

after having a little understanding from php oop, then you can go on to read an OOP focused material properly.

i might be wrong though, let me wait for the bosses to come in,
cc: dhtml18, fulaman198, pcguru1

1 Like

Re: Oop Php by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
IMYs:

Well maybe the general overview of OOP but nothing in depth but I'd prefer you read why we use OOP and understand its use over procedural than start with OOP however PHP doesn't use all features of OOP e.g overloading functions and multiple inheritance ao you see reading the whole book on OOP might not apply entirely to PHP. Try this site "learn PHP the right way"
Re: Oop Php by maekhel(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
op as omoelu1 said it will be effective to start with OO PHP and as you begin to get comfortable with it, you can then go for OOP for am indept knowledge which will help you understand the OO PHP the more.

1 Like

Re: Oop Php by maekhel(m): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
+1 for "learn PHP the right way"

1 Like

Re: Oop Php by IMYs(f): 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
omoelu1:

I would advice you read a book on php treating OOP.
Going to read about OOP first might make things too abstract as some OOP books don't show real codes.

after having a little understanding from php oop, then you can go on to read an OOP focused material properly.

i might be wrong though, let me wait for the bosses to come in,
cc: dhtml18, fulaman198, pcguru1

Ok... Thks
Re: Oop Php by IMYs(f): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
pcguru1:

Well maybe the general overview of OOP but nothing in depth but I'd prefer you read why we use OOP and understand its use over procedural than start with OOP however PHP doesn't use all features of OOP e.g overloading functions and multiple inheritance ao you see reading the whole book on OOP might not apply entirely to PHP. Try this site "learn PHP the right way"

Thanks very much

(1) (Reply)

Anthem Written On War / What Should I Do In This Situation / Android Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.