Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. (2458 Views)

Please How Can I Set Mobile Preview In Visual Code Studio / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming / What Is Operators In Visual Basic? Introduction Programming - Tutoria 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by mathemusician: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
After 5 months of Learning c# with its OOP features, this is what I made just a mini-project(more like re-inventing the wheel), but am comfortable coz of the OOP. Iam open to correction, please review and let me know your suggestion. Thanks to coders like larisoft, dhtml,azibit and others.
The logo used is copied from (Larisoft).
Link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4pFHEQe-H2ndVJxeDdBR25hRUU/view?usp=drive_web
screenshot

4 Likes

Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by trytillmake(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2017
Beautiful interface, nice way to get the job started
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 04, 2017
Very good
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by jboy01(m): 6:48am On Jan 05, 2017
nice interface
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by AntiWailer: 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice attempt.

Dnt waste your time on windows app please.

Start learning asp.net on .NetCore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by mathemusician: 2:49am On Jan 07, 2017
Thanks to you all. Will try getting my hands on asp. Net.. But kindly help with gud resources.
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2017
AntiWailer:
Nice attempt.

Dnt waste your time on windows app please.

Start learning asp.net on .NetCore.
Good advice, before OP starts wailing all over the place that NO JOB. As a freelancer, you are more likely to get web and mobile stuffs than windows app (but i know some wailers will want to argue this out)

1 Like

Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by AntiWailer: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2017
dhtml18:

Good advice, before OP starts wailing all over the place that NO JOB. As a freelancer, you are more likely to get web and mobile stuffs than windows app (but i know some wailers will want to argue this out)

Lol.

You know there are some things that can not be argued.

Especially when you have spent over a decade in the game with plenty results.

You just drop your advice and move on.

Happy NEW YEAR Bro.
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by igorekpengmail: 11:05am On Jan 07, 2017
Seriously, u are not wasting ur time as this is the core of the job. Also learn the backend "SQL" it is very important as the front end "GUI" and also learn how to generate a portable report.
Then .aspx will flow easily. This is the beauty of dotnet. One approach for many solutions.
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by tohero(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
Nice job bro...

However, the interface can be better...

Before the points, have you ever been in a position where you know something is not right when when you look at it? Unfortunately, you can't say what it is... That's your instinct telling you there are some so called tiny details missing.

Let's see how we can improve the interface. At the end of it, compare the two and smile at the result.

Let's start from the very top..

On alignment.
To the left of Gradekulator, I believe that's the logo. You should align it to the left of the parameter's tab.

Same should happen to the "about" button and the "output" tab. (Which I think is done already)

But something will still not feel right or else you make the margin of the left (the space between the parameters tab to the boundary of the window) equal to the right margin(the space between the output tab and the right window).

Remember those days when we don't need to underline the topic of our letters if written in capital letters? These are user experience tips. On the web, underlined text are mostly used to denote a clickable link, I guess that's why you did that but you already denote the clickable effect when you used a button.

For the best result, remove the line even though you will be using small letters.

For better result, add a little space at the bottom of the text before the line. Do this if you don't want the option above.

On whitespace
The parameter's tab will look better if the space between the columns of course, score, units and total can be equal.

The width of each input boxes should be in proportion as well.

For the text PARAMETERS and OUTPUT, add some padding space as well. You may need to restructure the parameter's tab because COURSE needs a breathing space as well.

A tip here is to push the PARAMETERS' text upwards so the line is now in form of a step at the right of the text.

Same tip above apply to the OUTPUT tab because of the Grade Point.

The placeholder doesn't need to be in capital letters. Placeholder are suppose to be subtle. If you need to drag the user's attention to that spot, use colour instead. It maybe background colour. Sometimes, until we do it is when we know the best option.

I will be glad if you can implement these tips and see for yourself, post a copy here as well.

Like someone said above, nice start!
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by luksybee(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
Good attempt but....

When dishing out code for review, please always mention the third party dependencies (telerik UI in your case);

your "publish" folder is unnecessary (extra 9mb of my data wasted grin )

OK now to your main work.....

Your algorithm is ......Yeah not too ok. What if i needed to compute more than nine courses? Why not use one set of your input boxes and drop the inputs to a gridview, that way you can enumerate over the data for computation more easily.

You abuse the use of struct, a class could have been much appropriate.

AGAIN YOU HAVE MADE A GOOD TRY.....

Read more on design patterns, improve on your algorithm

cheers!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by mathemusician: 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
Thanks to everyone will work on all ur suggestion and ideas. God bless you all
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
mathemusician:
Thanks to everyone will work on all ur suggestion and ideas. God bless you all
Lemme give you a life long advice. please OP channel all your C# energy into game development,its really lucrative if you know the right place to find jobs or you can start your own game studio,with C# and the unity engine, you can make apps for all platforms . Android iOS PC VirtualReality etc
Re: After 5 Months Of Learning OOP In Visual C#-here Is A Little Project I Made. by pumpindkay(m): 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
Time spent on windows app is not a waste.

(1) (Reply)

How Does Mmm Merging System Work? / Entry-level Certifications To Jump-start Your IT Career / Google Hacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.