Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants (28144 Views)

FG Commences Work On Lafia-makurdi Highway (photos) / Ekitigate: Obanikoro is compromised, Fayose says in reaction to ex-minister / FG Commences Rehabilitation Work On Calabar-Ogoja Highway.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Everfrank(m): 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65, 000 To Ex-militants
The Federal Government has commenced the direct payment of N65,000 monthly stipends to former militants in the Niger Delta region, with the payment of the three months arrears owed them.

Launching the direct payment exercise in Port Harcourt, the Rivers Stare capital yesterday, the chief of staff in the Office of the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs and Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, Colonel Dedis Abel (Rtd), said the Federal Government will no longer make such payment through leaders of the ex-militants.

Abel said, “The Amnesty Office took the decision to pay the ex-agitators directly following reports of complicity and short-changing of some of them by the leaders. Reports revealed that some of the ex-agitators were paid as low as N20,000 out of the N65,000 which does not conform with the mandate of the Presidential Amnesty Programme.

“Henceforth, payment of the monthly stipend would be made directly to each beneficiary with focus to eliminate cases of fraud and short-changing by their leaders. Similarly, this exercise will enable us to collect biometrics of beneficiaries and to create Bank Verification Numbers to enable government to make future payments through their individual bank accounts.”

He stated that the week-long direct payment was to off-set the October, November and December arrears owed to more than 2,000 former agitators, drawn from several ex-agitators’ camps in the state and environ, adding that out of the 30,000 beneficiaries under the Amnesty Programme, only 13,000 had received either formal education or vocational training before the present team came onboard.

The chief of staff said, “However, the number of those trained increased by 5,000 since Retired Brig.-Gen. Paul Boroh was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari to head the Presidential Amnesty Programme five months ago. The 5,000 newly trained beneficiaries were sent to both local and foreign institutions and vocational centres to acquire knowledge and skills that would allow them become self-reliant.”

Abel, who disclosed that the remaining 12,000 ex-agitators yet to participate in the process would be trained in the coming months, commended Heritage Bank for its partnership and support of the Amnesty Programme.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/politics/489768/fg-commences-direct-payment-n65-000-ex-militants

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ok

+ no more direct payments to those crooks in the attached pictures

+ more beneficiaries have been admitted into the programme

+ they are now agitators not militants!

Sai Buhari..... You are doing very well.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by greatiyk4u(m): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
Great news.........that's a brand new Nigeria

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by dustmalik: 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good development.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Makes me wish i was a militant

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by funlord(m): 6:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
angry
Waste of funds! Make dem go meet deziani or ebele na!!!

4 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by usayab(m): 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
#Fireonbaba!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by tunjion: 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
i think say Buhar stuborn?

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by tunjion: 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
i think say Buhari stubborn? grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by theV0ice: 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
That's very nice...cut out the overfed middlemen....deal with authentic beneficiaries directly.

Elimination of all wastes and leakages in the system.

Very good news indeed

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by drberry(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
I thought this administration stopped the payment totally? Anyways it's all good.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
theV0ice:
That's very nice...cut out the overfed middlemen....deal with authentic beneficiaries directly.

Elimination of all wastes and leakages in the system.

Very good news indeed

Really good news. Shows we have thinking men in office. What a change.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by theV0ice: 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Really good news. Shows we have thinking men in office. What a change.

I tell you.

I can imagine how much will be saved from this new method. The beneficiaries will get their full allowance and govt will eliminate ghost militants.

Also it breaks the mental hold the so called leaders have over these guys.....

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by modath(f): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

+ no more direct payments to those crooks in the attached pictures

+ more beneficiaries have been admitted into the programme

+ they are now agitators not militants!

Sai Buhari..... You are doing very well.

Bros, i laugh when wailers refer to the best president & lover of Nigeria a d*llard.... cheesy grin

Darling Bubu has successfully broken the ranks of the utopia agitators who were banking on using the SS folks as target practice for the NA ...

Now we will see which of them will leave their shops to fights a battle that has been lost before whistle to commence!!

Also stopped the free money accruing to the warlords..

Nice one from BUBU...

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by ckmayoca: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Na wa o. Which federal govt ministry employed militants abi which university produced these militants when graduates got no pay but thugs gets paid.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by ckmayoca: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Make all unemplyed go join militant o
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by kekakuz(m): 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
[size=20pt] what D furrk
Please who has an idea
How to become an ex militant
Chai
I no sure say this country get future because with the dwindling price of oil we can't keep up[/size]

5 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Etizz: 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Can u imagine.....

The so called government who advice the young graduate don't really value them....

Fukk it...... Some times I wonder if it's necessary being a graduate in this country...

If I join militant before, I for join dey receive stipend of 65k oh.

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by AmakaDNB(f): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
What is militant?
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Pidggin(f): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
APC proposes N5000 for unemployed youths, yet pays millitants N65,000.

They say GEJ started it, but Nigerians voted APC to CHANGE things, not to continue with PDP's legacies. PDP had programmes for the youths e.g. Sure-P which has been scrapped. If they can scrap Sure-P which hardworking youths benefitted from, why did they not scrap the payment of militants?

20 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Realdeals(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Some people go vex cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by nitt: 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
Sai Baba!

2 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by MuamarGaddaffi: 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
Is Tompolo still a free man? I thought toothless EFCC threatened to arrest him. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

12 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by coolhamid(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
This shithole called Nigeria is a joke, Just imagine militants collecting free 65k from FG while many graduates with good grades are roaming the street seeking employment.
Seems being rebellious pays in this fvcking country of ours.

16 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Tapout(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
kai!!! sad sad sad sad the money dem go use pay unemployed youths don finish sad

3 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by bright007(f): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
ok
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by kowema(f): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
Typical How someone claims to be fighting for you but in truth is only fighting for his pocket....I thought the Niger Delta militants were fighting for their people?..see how they all dropped arms, abandoned their selfish struggle the moment they saw national cake.

Nonsense!!!

3 Likes

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
This is not Right. How can you Pay such amount to criminals while Law abiding Nigerians are Left to suffer?

Is Nigeria a Cursed Country? why can't we do things the right way for once

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by HartIse(m): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
So Nigeria can pay Ex-militants N65,000 but pay Nysc corp members who leave various forms of gainful employment to serve the fatherland in Lord knows where, N19,800? Ok.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Nigeria Must Learn From The Death Of James Ocholi SAN - CramJones / Gulak Was Killed On Official Duty To Owerri As Consultant To Constitution Review / Pictures & Video Of Peter Obi Campaign Rally In Mubi, Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.