Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants (28178 Views)

FG Commences Work On Lafia-makurdi Highway (photos) / Ekitigate: Obanikoro is compromised, Fayose says in reaction to ex-minister / FG Commences Rehabilitation Work On Calabar-Ogoja Highway.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 6:48am On Jan 08, 2016
tunjion:
i think say Buhari stubborn? grin
Daring the militant leaders and bypassing them is still stubbornness.Buhari's love for the grassroots has gingered this direct payment.The militant leaders can go to hell,now that is positive stubbornness.#FireonBuhari!

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by mikolo80: 6:48am On Jan 08, 2016
kowema:
such a pity
the human condition
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2016
Pidggin:
APC proposes N5000 for unemployed youths, yet pays millitants N65,000.
Who started the payment?APC or PDP?In the past the foot soldiers were shortchanged by their militant leaders but with this arrangement there is now transparency.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 7:01am On Jan 08, 2016
HartIse:
So Nigeria can pay Ex-militants N65,000 but pay Nysc corp members who leave various forms of gainful employment to serve the fatherland in Lord knows where, N19,800? Ok.
Na Jona put us into that arrangement ohhhh.APC did not start it.How do you think Tompolo,Mujahid ,Gani Adams and all those militant leaders became billionaires in the last administration.Even though the influence of oil is dwindling let us commend PMB for sustaining the payment in a more transparent manner for peace to reign.But I agree with you it is sad when you look at the plight of corpers.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by ckmayoca: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2016
mikolo80:
you de compare your certificate with their own.? they are paid because they are more useful to the society than graduates that cannot solve any problem.

Ohhhh indeed. Please tell more.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 7:15am On Jan 08, 2016
onunwa21:
Rivers state coming election......format
Yes ohhhhh ,just like the 82 million naira Wole Soyinka dinner by Amaechi(Let us politicize everything nau)
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 7:18am On Jan 08, 2016
todayboy:
Payment to criminals in bayelsa to rig the forth coming election this Buhari fear God
Na PDP start am,lol.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 7:20am On Jan 08, 2016
XaintJoel20:
I weep for Nigeria. Imagine 'ex militant' getting a whooping 65k each and here I am a proud Nigerian graduate looking for less than that to start a business since the 'white collar' jobs are really scarce...
I must leave this country before it's too late...
Na now you know!PDP has been paying it for 13 yearssssssss!!!!
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by mikolo80: 7:25am On Jan 08, 2016
ckmayoca:

Ohhhh indeed. Please tell more.
whatchu wanna know
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by samonom(m): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2016
Because Bayelsa election is coming up on Saturday, & they are asking for d militant support, they thot they can deceived d public. I don't this story it just a mere say, immediately afte d election nothing will be heard again.

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Pidggin(f): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2016
babafirst:
Who started the payment?APC or PDP?In the past the foot soldiers were shortchanged by their militant leaders but with this arrangement there is now transparency.

What are you saying? What did people vote them for? To continue where the last administration stopped or to CHANGE things? Put on your thinking cap and stop acting like someone that has been jazzed.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Pidggin(f): 7:39am On Jan 08, 2016
babafirst:
Na Jona put us into that arrangement ohhhh.APC did not start it.How do you think Tompolo,Mujahid ,Gani Adams and all those militant leaders became billionaires in the last administration.Even though the influence of oil is dwindling let us commend PMB for sustaining the payment in a more transparent manner for peace to reign.But I agree with you it is sad when you look at the plight of corpers.

APC CHANGE! Why are they continuing with GEJ's legacies?
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 7:43am On Jan 08, 2016
Pidggin:

APC CHANGE! Why are they continuing with GEJ's legacies?
Change is still reflected in the mode of payment which is now transparent.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 7:52am On Jan 08, 2016
Pidggin:

What are you saying? What did people vote them for? To continue where the last administration stopped or to CHANGE things? Put on your thinking cap and stop acting like someone that has been jazzed.
My thinking cap is on and devoid of emotions.Change cannot be abrupt when it comes to something as volatile as the militant issue.Baba is acting with wisdom.No need to open another front in the Niger Delta when the North East is not totally calm.So if a few billions can keep the militants in check no problem.That is wisdom,that is a non emotional thinking cap.That is not Gra Gra Change.And point of correction ,PMB has not continued where the last administration stopped,he has discontinued paying the militant leaders but pays their foot soldiers directly,NOW ,THAT IS CHANGE.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Pidggin(f): 7:52am On Jan 08, 2016
babafirst:
Change is still reflected in the mode of payment which is now transparent.

You see your life? They should have also changed the reflection of the mode of payment in the Sure-P programme and not scrap it, since they believe in continuing with GEJ's legacies.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Crownvillar: 7:58am On Jan 08, 2016
ColeworldMD:
65,000 naira to 30,000 ex-militants amounts to 1,950,000,000 naira. That is 1.95 trillion naira. So the government actually believes she has no way of tackling of militants but resort to being taken as hostage? I still don't understand this. If these guys are that powerful, maybe we should pay them to help us decimate boko haram & bring back our girls once & for all. Is this really investigative journalism undecided

65,000 naira to 30,000 ex-militants amounts to 1,950,000,000 naira. This is equal to 1.95 billion naira. Not trillion.

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Mckennedy: 8:39am On Jan 08, 2016
Na wash.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by ColeworldMD(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2016
Crownvillar:

65,000 naira to 30,000 ex-militants amounts to 1,950,000,000 naira. This is equal to 1.95 billion naira. Not trillion.
corrected. Thanks
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by walozanga(m): 8:56am On Jan 08, 2016
SO BUHARI DEY FEAR... LOL.. HE FOR NO PAY NAA

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Pidggin(f): 9:29am On Jan 08, 2016
babafirst:
My thinking cap is on and devoid of emotions.Change cannot be abrupt when it comes to something as volatile as the militant issue.Baba is acting with wisdom.No need to open another front in the Niger Delta when the North East is not totally calm.So if a few billions can keep the militants in check no problem.That is wisdom,that is a non emotional thinking cap.That is not Gra Gra Change.And point of correction ,PMB has not continued where the last administration stopped,he has discontinued paying the militant leaders but pays their foot soldiers directly,NOW ,THAT IS CHANGE.

I can now see why people call APC supporters Zombies.

Definition of Zombie: A person who seems partly alive or conscious. Wake up!
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Amein(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2016
Pidggin:
APC proposes N5000 for unemployed youths, yet pays millitants N65,000.

They say GEJ started it, but Nigerians voted APC to CHANGE things, not to continue with PDP's legacies. PDP had programmes for the youths e.g. Sure-P which has been scrapped. If they can scrap Sure-P which hardworking youths benefitted from, why did they not scrap the payment of militants?

Yar'adua started it not GEJ
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Pidggin(f): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
Amein:

Yar'adua started it not GEJ

I said "They say"
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
Pidggin:

I can now see why people call APC supporters Zombies.

Definition of Zombie: A person who seems partly alive or conscious. Wake up!
I have heard,I am a zombie,now to the issues in my comment;that of another front being opened in the Niger Delta,transparency in disbursing militant funds etc.Can you please answer or counter them in an academic,logical,mature way as to convince me.Because how won't I remain a zombie when you cannot articulate your points to anti-zombie me in a sensible learned way to reflect someone that went to the four walls of atleast a primary school.If you continue ranting like this and defining zombie without any point I will just ignore you the way I am ignoring my neighbors dog who just caught rabies.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by Pidggin(f): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
babafirst:
I have heard,I am a zombie,now to the issues in my comment;that of another front being opened in the Niger Delta,transparency in disbursing militant funds etc.Can you please answer or counter them in an academic,logical,mature way as to convince me.Because how won't I remain a zombie when you cannot articulate your points to anti-zombie me in a sensible learned way to reflect someone that went to the four walls of atleast a primary school.If you continue ranting like this and defining zombie without any point I will just ignore you the way I am ignoring my neighbors dog who just caught rabies.

You are not forced to respond to me, so your threat to ignore me holds no water. That said, the promise of CHANGE by APC was all inclusive, it was a promise to use their own ideologies, programmes and policies to make things work. We saw this move when programmes like Youwin and Sure-P were scrapped, but where are their replacements? I have failed to see why payment of militants cannot also be scrapped with the coming of this new government, militants can be trained via skills acquisition, jobs can be created for them by the government especially in Agricultural sector, I can go on and on but I will not waste my time because I suspect you are a social media agent.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by babafirst(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
Pidggin:

You are not forced to respond to me, so your threat to ignore me holds no water. That said, the promise of CHANGE by APC was all inclusive, it was a promise to use their own ideologies, programmes and policies to make things work. We saw this move when programmes like Youwin and Sure-P were scrapped, but where are their replacements? I have failed to see why payment of militants cannot also be scrapped with the coming of this new government, militants can be trained via skills acquisition, jobs can be created for them by the government especially in Agricultural sector, I can go on and on but I will not waste my time because I suspect you are a social media agent.
Thank you,this reply will challenge me intellectually now.Payment of militants cannot be scrapped suddenly,unlike those trained under SURE P,majority of the militants have been exposed to arms and some form of training and maybe indoctrination.And the OP mentioned that skills acquisition is part of the programme.Lol at social media agent.Yes I am a solo social media agent but not an Ekpa.
Re: FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants by harlems02: 9:43am On Jan 09, 2016
He has done very well...The Change is gradually setting in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Mark Illegally Acquired Senate President’s Official Residence –FG / Aggressive Spending, Worsening FX Crisis" - How Naira Redesign Will Affect Econo / Search Of Atiku’s Aircraft A Normal Routine Exercise In Airports - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.