Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com (15473 Views)

Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You / The Benefits Of Working For Yourself (self- Employed) / 10 Guaranteed Ways To Make Money From Home - Marvejohndaily.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by egedege1(m): 11:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
refiner:
too long...can someone plz summarise for me...m such a lazy reader....
No pain no gain grin
refiner:
too long...can someone plz summarise for me...m such a lazy reader....
No pain no gain
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by condralbede(m): 12:00am On Jan 08, 2016
No p,since the benjamins keeps flowing.
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 08, 2016
Clearly not a Nigerian or a dad/mum

One of the biggest issues with working from home is additional energy and Internet costs

Also, your kids will distract you like no man's biz

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by laprince(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2016
Working at home allows flexibility
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by ournaijablog(f): 12:05am On Jan 08, 2016
All I can say is my eyes ache from sitting on a computer all day and since I aint making any money yet, my meager income has depleted grin but I aint a quitter good write up all I need is time and the audience am gona be here for a long while wink

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by danidee10(m): 12:07am On Jan 08, 2016
But that's my dream to work remotely...i don't want my whole life to be one big routine just like school...Go to work monday to fridays rest on saturdays, church of sundays.....and the cycle continues till you find way to marry born children, retire live on pension and other small businesses you created while working and finally kpai embarassed

I don't just think working in a standard office is exciting....working from home you get to spend time with your kids n family
You can just take a break and decide to just chill (Your Boss won't know about it)
You can work throughout the night and sleep during the day (I find myself achieving more things at night when there is less distraction )
You could go on a short vacation (If it's a personal business and the business has gotten to the stage where it can stand on it's feet)

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by ShakurM(m): 12:12am On Jan 08, 2016
vascable:

not really a personal blog, buh more like a freelancer.. this one s just my personal blog were is hare my thoughts and experiences ,,,
Your own personal blog? Means you write all entries yourself? if so, why do you need people to work for you? and what work do they do?
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by Toks2008(m): 12:15am On Jan 08, 2016
One thing i hate about working from home is that it gives me too much time to always read threads on nairaland and perhaps create some.

I am an e-commerce consultant in the area of money market and i attend to clients online from morning till 5pm which can be very frustrating because one hardly goes out to have good time except when i go out for political meetings and the only place i mostly interact is online and through phone calls or watsup messages.

Another unfortunate thing is the mindset of Nigerians and people living around you will see you as jobless and even some myopic people online because they believe that you must be "busy all through" from 8 to 5 forgetting that not all jobs engage you 100% and worse stil people usually believe you are a yahoo boy when it comes to working from home especially when they see you with the system all the time..

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by kay29000(m): 12:21am On Jan 08, 2016
OP you said you have been blogging for 6 months, and then at another place in your write-up, you said you have been blogging for three years.

Anyway, I can totally relate with your write-up. I have been blogging for 7 years now, and working from home hasn't been easy. The burnouts after working long hours continuously for days...the zero social life and lack of a girlfriend...family members begging you to go and get a regular job cos they don't understand what you are doing...Having to fuel your gen regularly cos Nepa life is not reliable...sometimes running out of money cos you poured all you make back into your blog...I can go on and on, but I want to take time out and watch a romance movie on DSTV...Nepa just brought light.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 12:25am On Jan 08, 2016
kay29000:
OP you said you have been blogging for 6 months, and then at another place in your write-up, you said you have been blogging for three years.

Anyway, I can totally relate with your write-up. I have been blogging for 7 years now, and working from home hasn't been easy. The burnouts after working long hours continuously for days...the zero social life and lack of a girlfriend...family members begging you to go and get a regular job cos they don't understand what you are doing...Having to fuel your gen regularly cos Nepa life is not reliable...sometimes running out of money cos you poured all you make back into your blog...I can go on and on, but I want to take time out and watch a romance movie on DSTV...Nepa just brought light.

yea so true.. d 3yrs part s an error (sorry)

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by WebSurfer(m): 12:31am On Jan 08, 2016
See someone is complaning, i havnt slept in the bed since New year night, when i have 3 beds in the house no one is occupying ... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by shumuel(m): 1:35am On Jan 08, 2016
undecided Hmm Op what is the aim for creating this thread, to advice or to discourage ?
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by kay29000(m): 1:44am On Jan 08, 2016
vascable:

yea so true.. d 3yrs part s an error (sorry)

Okay.
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by kaycodes: 1:47am On Jan 08, 2016
I believe that working from home has its gains.

For a techie like me, working from home has great advantages, since I get to work with a lot of smart peeps. I learn a lot on the job and I do what I love. Plus mine is structured.

However what I have learnt thus far is that you have to plan and stick to the plan. NO matter what. In my day to day tasks, I have learnt to start with a written plan, and then follow up. I have learnt to prioritize, and schedule properly.

Using my Google calendar helps me set time frames and reminders when I need to follow up with a customer and such.

If you don't organize your schedule you may burn out and suffer reduced performance.

I quite agree with your assertions on frustrations, but then it all depends on your personality. I keep very few friends, and I am free on weekends, no matter what I don't touch work on weekend except it's absolutely necessary. That's something I have learnt from my colleagues across the globe. If its not an emergency then let it be till the next business day, that's what my manager always tells me.

Again working from home is fantastic, but seriously it's not meant for everyone...

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by kay29000(m): 1:51am On Jan 08, 2016
Toks2008:
One thing i hate about working from home is that it gives me too much time to always read threads on nairaland and perhaps create some.

I am an e-commerce consultant in the area of money market and i attend to clients online from morning till 5pm which can be very frustrating because one hardly goes out to have good time except when i go out for political meetings and the only place i mostly interact is online and through phone calls or watsup messages.

Another unfortunate thing is the mindset of Nigerians and people living around you will see you as jobless and even some myopic people online because they believe that you must be "busy all through" from 8 to 5 forgetting that not all jobs engage you 100% and worse stil people usually believe you are a yahoo boy when it comes to working from home especially when they see you with the system all the time..

This is the biggest problem I have with working from home.
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 1:56am On Jan 08, 2016
shumuel:
undecided Hmm Op what is the aim for creating this thread, to advice or to discourage ?

neither, just sharing my experience
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by kaycodes: 1:57am On Jan 08, 2016
kay29000:
[/b]

This is the biggest problem I have with working from home.

Unfortunately it's something we got to live with.

I won't give up an excellent pay and flexibility because people can't understand or refuse to change their orientation.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 1:58am On Jan 08, 2016
kaycodes:
I believe that working from home has its gains.

For a techie like me, working from home has great advantages, since I get to work with a lot of smart peeps. I learn a lot on the job and I do what I love. Plus mine is structured.

However what I have learnt thus far is that you have to plan and stick to the plan. NO matter what. In my day to day tasks, I have learnt to start with a written plan, and then follow up. I have learnt to prioritize, and schedule properly.

Using my Google calendar helps me set time frames and reminders when I need to follow up with a customer and such.

If you don't organize your schedule you may burn out and suffer reduced performance.

I quite agree with your assertions on frustrations, but then it all depends on your personality. I keep very few friends, and I am free on weekends, no matter what I don't touch work on weekend except it's absolutely necessary. That's something I have learnt from my colleagues across the globe. If its not an emergency then let it be till the next business day, that's what my manager always tells me.

Again working from home is fantastic, but seriously it's not meant for everyone...

thanks 4 ds..
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by kay29000(m): 2:00am On Jan 08, 2016
kaycodes:

Unfortunately it's something we got to live with.

I won't give up an excellent pay and flexibility because people can't understand or refuse to change their orientation.

Yea.
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by shumuel(m): 2:11am On Jan 08, 2016
vascable:

neither, just sharing my experience

Okay, nice one though

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 2:14am On Jan 08, 2016
shumuel:

Okay, nice one though

thanks
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by Dumdum217(m): 4:44am On Jan 08, 2016
But OP, do you believe that working online from home keeps you out of troubles, especially from women wahala huh?
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 08, 2016
grin
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by purplekayc(m): 6:25am On Jan 08, 2016
your running costs z high.
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by mitchyy(f): 6:57am On Jan 08, 2016
I've been working from home for three years now and some of these things you mentioned isn't a challenge for me.
I have a team of persons who equally work from home, they don't need to come to my house. We only meet when we need to address some issues. So it's cheaper to pay them.
The only challenge is, when you are out with friends, you don't concentrate. You find yourself always checking your phone to monitor your blog or respond to mails from clients.
You are also very skeptical to go out, because when you do, you'll be scared sth might come out that you'll need to be online on your PC to handle. So if my outing isn't very important, i don't go.
I sleep well at night tho, but i always have a habit of waking up twice at the middle of the night to check for one thing or the other.
But i can never trade my working from home with a full-time job. Never
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 7:05am On Jan 08, 2016
mitchyy:
I've been working from home for three years now and some of these things you mentioned isn't a challenge for me.
I have a team of persons who equally work from home, they don't need to come to my house. We only meet when we need to address some issues. So it's cheaper to pay them.
The only challenge is, when you are out with friends, you don't concentrate. You find yourself always checking your phone to monitor your blog or respond to mails from clients.
You are also very skeptical to go out, because when you do, you'll be scared sth might come out that you'll need to be online on your PC to handle. So if my outing isn't very important, i don't go.
I sleep well at night tho, but i always have a habit of waking up twice at the middle of the night to check for one thing or the other.
But i can never trade my working from home with a full-time job. Never

ok
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by Craigston: 8:17am On Jan 08, 2016
Your assertions are true except this one:
"Takeaway: There is always a girl behind
every successful man!"
For me, the take-away is, "let people do the work but take the credit for it".
If you think the CEOs of most companies do anything as much as the efforts of the unappreciated laborers they employ, then know that my take-away is correct.
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 8:21am On Jan 08, 2016
Craigston:
Your assertions are true except this one:
"Takeaway: There is always a girl behind
every successful man!"
For me, the take-away is, "let people do the work but take the credit for it".
If you think the CEOs of most companies do anything as much as the efforts of the unappreciated laborers they employ, then know that my take-away is correct.

Thats also true
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by thatsmartgirl(f): 8:29am On Jan 08, 2016
Read your Open Heavens Devotional @ www.openheavensdaily.org
God bless You
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by phemoluv02(m): 9:04am On Jan 08, 2016
Ole ni e joor (You are just lazy) ...just kidding tho grin no work no gain my broda, u just hv to sacrifice something, Good Luck bro cool

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 9:10am On Jan 08, 2016
phemoluv02:
Ole ni e joor (You are just lazy) ...just kidding tho grin no work no gain my broda, u just hv to sacrifice something, Good Luck bro cool

i fear ooo, lolz thanks..
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 08, 2016
what of overweight issues? Come and see o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Workers Fast And Pray Over Unpaid Salaries. Photos / Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare / First Nigerian Professors And Their States Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.