Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,489 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com (15490 Views)

Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You / The Benefits Of Working For Yourself (self- Employed) / 10 Guaranteed Ways To Make Money From Home - Marvejohndaily.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by Mishidoo: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
I've been working from home for a while now and I can identify with the op's experience. But i've also found out it can be prevented (or solved as it was in my case).

After working from home for a while, I got to that point where I had to sit in front of a computer all through the day, and into the night sometimes. This is the point you don't want to reach. I got burnt out, became less productive, hardly left the house, worked weekends yet despised mondays .... summary, it got ugly. But then I found a balance. I was working with a software company over the internet, and I changed my shift time to early mornings (4 hours only). I cut down on the time I spent blogging by a great deal and arranged a proper schedule, and I'm now starting a business that takes me out of the house almost every day.

I love working from home. The rewards are many. If there is one advice I would give it'll be "dont work more than 8 hours a day". In fact i recommend less hours and a physical business on the side. Also, dont let it kill your social life, try to go out every day for something productive.

About people feeling you don't have a job, it sucks but I try not to let it get to me.
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
Mishidoo:
I've been working from home for a while now and I can identify with the op's experience. But i've also found out it can be prevented (or solved as it was in my case).

After working from home for a while, I got to that point where I had to sit in front of a computer all through the day, and into the night sometimes. This is the point you don't want to reach. I got burnt out, became less productive, hardly left the house, worked weekends yet despised mondays .... summary, it got ugly. But then I found a balance. I was working with a software company over the internet, and I changed my shift time to early mornings (4 hours only). I cut down on the time I spent blogging by a great deal and arranged a proper schedule, and I'm now starting a business that takes me out of the house almost every day.

I love working from home. The rewards are many. If there is one advice I would give it'll be "dont work more than 8 hours a day". In fact i recommend less hours and a physical business on the side. Also, dont let it kill your social life, try to go out every day for something productive.

About people feeling you don't have a job, it sucks but I try not to let it get to me.

Thanks for this piece
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by kaycodes: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
Dumdum217:
But OP, do you believe that working online from home keeps you out of troubles, especially from women wahala huh?

Nothing keeps you out of women wahala, if you got the cash to spend them go find you see, if you like work from the moon or Jupiter grin cheesy
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
kaycodes:

Nothing keeps you out of women wahala, if you got the cash to spend them go find you see, if you like work from the moon or Jupiter grin cheesy

lolz.. so far the money s there.. no p
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by refiner(f): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
egedege1:
No pain no gain ;DNo pain no gain

oya summarize for me joor... cool
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by refiner(f): 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
ShakurM:
if na love Op talk, u no go complain o tongue.

Well, Summarily, Op is into blogging at home, his home is his office and he states the challenges he is facing and has faced which includes Frustration, working like a slave putting his hard work into the blogging, drawing the line between office n home, zero social life, no time to turn up, setting targets n aiming at them like point and kill. Lastly his gf standing by him, a great manager she is according to Op.

lol....funny u...

hnmmm fanx for d summary buh I fink dis ur summary is still long....can u pls summarize dis ur summary for me...

tongue

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by ShakurM(m): 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
refiner:

lol....funny u...

hnmmm fanx for d summary buh I fink dis ur summary is still long....can u pls summarize dis ur summary for me...

tongue

angry how much will you pay?
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by refiner(f): 11:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
ShakurM:
angry how much will you pay?

name ur price.....
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by ShakurM(m): 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
refiner:

name ur price.....
embarassed I'm shy
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by refiner(f): 12:09am On Jan 09, 2016
ShakurM:
embarassed I'm shy

hehehhe....since u re shy den I won't pay u den....oya summarize d summary jare...am nt shy
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by usermane(m): 4:40am On Jan 09, 2016
Hey, OP. Reduce the number of blog posts you publish daily, weekly or monthly and respond to only important comments on your blog post. Consider outsourcing some of your work too. You sound like a Jack of all trade kind of blogger. Truth is, as your blog grow and earn significant traffic, researching new topics, reading and responding to comments, writing and editing manuscripts for blog posts become a tall order for one person.

People mistake working from home as freedom. This is not true. The only guaranteed gain in it is that you become self employed, period. Working from home don't necessarily mean more time for yourself as most people imagine.

And blogging, coming up with regular quality posts to generate and maintain significant traffic is strenuous. With all these, it takes a couple of years before the passive income start to flow.
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 7:07am On Jan 09, 2016
usermane:
Hey, OP. Reduce the number of blog posts you publish daily, weekly or monthly and respond to only important comments on your blog post. Consider outsourcing some of your work too. You sound like a Jack of all trade kind of blogger. Truth is, as your blog grow and earn significant traffic, researching new topics, reading and responding to comments, writing and editing manuscripts for blog posts become a tall order for one person.

People mistake working from home as freedom. This is not true. The only guaranteed gain in it is that you become self employed, period. Working from home don't necessarily mean more time for yourself as most people imagine.

And blogging, coming up with regular quality posts to generate and maintain significant traffic is strenuous. With all these, it takes a couple of years before the passive income start to flow.

yea thanks
Re: The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com by micmaurice: 11:56am On Aug 29, 2017
Great article. Educative and Enlightening.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Engineering Graduates & Practitioners- Share Your Experience During Your IT / Akwa Ibom Workers Fast And Pray Over Unpaid Salaries. Photos / Paystack Sacks 33 Employees In Dubai & Europe - CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.