Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

I Am Scared To Be Happy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Scared To Be Happy (1209 Views)

Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months / Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night? / 5 Reasons Atheists Need A Separate Board (why Xtians Should Be Happy We Dont) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Scared To Be Happy by Cathay(f): 6:30am On Jun 17, 2009
Greetings to all of you and i would like to share a problem.

I wonder why when i am too happy, i get scared, like it is too good to be true. when i am happy, i always feel like something bad is going to happen to me next. Maybe i have had a couple of bad events in my life that has made me sad, that wheneva i am happy, it does not look right. i know everyone wants to be happy so why am i scared to be (too) happy?
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy by oyinda3(f): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2009
lol I get that feeling sometimes as well. but only when something REALLLY good happens that I was never expecting. then I look forward to something bad happening.

but then again, this only happens when I think about it. ie I feel that I don't really deserve the good thing so to rectify the situation I think of a bad thing that could happen. ex If in the near future, I get a job (knock on wood) I wouldn't worry much about losing my keys or some minor misfortune that I feel corrects the fact that I got something I'm not worthy of. lol

I'm not scared to be happy though. the bad thing that I feel will happen is usually minor compared to the good thing
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy by Cathay(f): 7:00am On Jun 17, 2009
oyinda.:

lol I get that feeling sometimes as well. but only when something REALLLY good happens that I was never expecting. then I look forward to something bad happening.

but then again, this only happens when I think about it. ie I feel that I don't really deserve the good thing so to rectify the situation I think of a bad thing that could happen. ex If in the near future, I get a job (knock on wood) I wouldn't worry much about losing my keys or some minor misfortune that I feel corrects the fact that I got something I'm not worthy of. lol

I'm not scared to be happy though. the bad thing that I feel will happen is usually minor compared to the good thing

thank you friend for suggesting unlike d first person dat answered me. yes it is scary for me, and sometimes i pray to God, y am i too happy, is dis not too good to b true when just yesterday, i was crying and in pains.
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy by oyinda3(f): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2009
yea it's normal to feel that way. when you get that feeling, it means that it's too great of a happiness for you to handle so you think something bad will happen to make things normal again or create some sort of a balance.

thinking about the bad that will happen isn't really a bad thing because usually something bad does happen tongue and if you were thinking about prior, you won't worry about it as much
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy by OgidiBoy(m): 7:12am On Jun 17, 2009
I maybe wrong, I think what you going through is one of the signs of depression. You should seek professional help before it's too late.
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy by Cathay(f): 7:20am On Jun 17, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I maybe wrong, I think what you going through is one of the signs of depression. You should seek professional help before it's too late.

mayb but how will they help if it is depression
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy by vanderjo(m): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2009
@cathy,
It is not depression,it is the devil trying to make you look down on yourself,all you need do is run to God cuz true ahppiness comes from him,you might have heaven n earth but cannot be truely happy,that is the work of the enemy,he always remind you of your bad experinces but he is just a deceiver,once he gets ur mind,he gets you,thats what he is doing to you trying to remind you that the last time you are that happy something bad happens but if you can resist him and run to God,those feelings will go away.i bet you on that
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy by babuji(f): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2009
Right from your childhood, events and situations have made you to believe, you don't have a right to be happy, but i tell you, its a lie from the pits of hell.
Joy and happiness wells up from inside you, cultivate it by singing praises to God at all times especially when you feel the depression creeping up on you.
The bible says we should count it all joy, even when it seems so hard to, God will never allow you to be tempted above that which you are able to.
Please don't be scared to be happy, the devil will end up camping with you, becos he thrives on fear.
Invite God's presence at all times by being joyful and happy and excited.
Count your blessings and name them all one by one, and you will find a reason to be joyful and happy at all times.
cheers! smiley
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy by izeek(m): 10:00am On Sep 16, 2009
the devil always try to take out happiness away, even using ploys of making us feel we dont deserve happiness.
dont be misled, there is nothing wrong with being happy, or celebrating that little success u have achieved.
God wants us to be hence his making provison for happy situations.

(1) (Reply)

Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! / Prayer Points For Rccg August Convention; Does Anyone Have Them? / Questions That Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Must Answer - Japheth Omojuwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.