Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,879 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! (1199 Views)

Does God Think ? / Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? / Does God Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by newmi(m): 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2011
God has never left us in doubt as regards the truth about His existence, throughout history Hé has left us with signs and pointers so that we would be without excuse thats why l pray for those who claim that they mere mortals are intelligent enough to conclude that there is no God trust me their end is terrible and pathetic.
Romans 1:19-20
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed[ it] unto them.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by newmi(m): 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made,[ even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by newmi(m): 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2011
thats why l pray for those who claim that they mere mortals are intelligent enough to conclude that there is no God trust me their end is terrible and pathetic.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
Corinthian 2:50-52
;For never hath there beeneth a worse liar than hast been our Lord saviour, jesus;
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by Biox: 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
@pagan
2 corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid , it is hid to them that are lost : 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not , lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ , who is the image of God , should shine unto them.
If you are wise enough this verse will make sense to u.you need to wash your eyes with pure water.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
all I understood was that your gospel called me blind-man and that your jesus glorius christ will shine light all over my body. undecided

wat a load of nonsense u xtians cook. angry tongue
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by Biox: 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2011
@pagan

You seem to know too much,about my Jesus.but the wonderful thing is that am proud of him,I proud to shout about him from the mountain top.am proud to tell the world about him. and do you what, despite your ignorance he still loves you.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:59pm On Jul 27, 2011
tell him that i dont love him. also tell him that im free from wordly attachments, to express such a vague feeling as love. also tell him, that he has made the task of love all the more difficult, since it hard to love a person who died 2000 years ago. tell him if he wants love, then go find a wife and stop loving men lyk man-lover.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by newmi(m): 12:52am On Jul 28, 2011
what is your conviction becos it didnt mater what you think or say God loves you thats why you are still breathing but a day will come when you'll find out the truth about His love and well you should have embraced it may it not be late for you my friend.
". . . for everything under the Sun there is a time and à season. . ."
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:59am On Jul 28, 2011
jesus is man NOT God. i worship only God and none else.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by AndyMoore1(m): 11:11am On Jul 28, 2011
For never hath there beeneth a worse liar than hast been our Lord saviour, jesus;
May God forgive you.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by claremont(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

;For never hath there beeneth a worse liar than hast been our Lord saviour, jesus;

Good stuff! I need to make a note of this verse somewhere cheesy cheesy grin.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by omaojo1: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

I pity u.

claremont:

Good stuff! I need to make a note of this verse somewhere cheesy cheesy grin.

Now I know that u're more than fake. Even in the romance section, u are always at loggerheads with sexkilz.
At this rate, I can only advice to cry for repentance.
You just take anything u see online hook, line and sinker-what sexkilz always accuse u of.
Go get a Bible, read it very well and get Life, else Hell fire is the destination of u and ur alter ego.
Ur good stuff is not in the Bible sir.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by Gombs(m): 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
@pagan, whatever u say or think or fathom or write still doesnt change his (Jesus') person, he is the king of kings,all things were made through him and for him, u'd one day come to the reality of this truth, Amen
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by manmustwac(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
Yeah i jeep thinking and am still convinced theres no God
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 30, 2011
Smh
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by newmi(m): 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2011
manmustwac:

Yeah i jeep thinking and am still convinced theres no God
What is/are the basis of your "convention(s)"
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by newmi(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2011
@manmustwac
am yet to get a reply?
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by drrionelli(m): 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2011
Before this "discussion" gets angry and out of hand, perhaps cooler heads should, indeed, prevail.

We each come to an acceptance of things through various ways of understanding. Some through replicative means (i.e., being able to recreate a situation or circumstance), and some through acceptance by faith (i.e., non-provable means). The two methods are not nearly as antithetical as might be assumed on first glance.

Consider, for example, that there was a time when a solar eclipse was thought to be a manifestation of a divine "anger" (e.g., a punishment by taking away the sun). Well, we view things a bit differently, now. We now know that the world is not flat, but rather, spheroid. The examples are endless.

So it is with our respective beliefs in a diety. As we learn more--and we should always strive to learn more--then we should more ably view not only our own ideas, but also those of others. Let's not allow our views to divide us. Let's allow them to bring us together, so that we might forge a common understanding for all.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by thehomer: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2011
newmi:

God has never left us in doubt as regards the truth about His existence, throughout history Hé has left us with signs and pointers so that we would be without excuse thats why l pray for those who claim that they mere mortals are intelligent enough to conclude that there is no God trust me their end is terrible and pathetic.
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed[ it] unto them.

What are these signs and pointers that were left through out history?
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by thehomer: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2011
An analogous heading would be "Are you really sure there is no Brahman- Think Again!

You really need to learn to present the exact God you're talking about since there are so many of them.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by manmustwac(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2011
newmi:

Why should i trust you? Why don't you trust me instead? And if you have prayed for me i have never ever felt the effect of any prayer before in my entire life. You should focus your supersticious prayers on the believers like our god fearing corrupt politicians who loot money as if this is the only life they have and our God fearing pastors who con thier poor gullibe congretation out of their hard earned doh and use the doh to buy houses private jets etc. If it is true that all sinners will spend the next trillion trillion years (eternity) burning in hell at a 100 degree centigrade why are our pastors and politicians so corrupt? Arn't they all afraid of imaginary HELL?

newmi:

What is/are the basis of your "convention(s)"
Why can't you make your question simple and straightforward like "Why don't i believe in God?" I'll make my answer simple ok. The next time you communicate with the pacticular god that you believe in whether its through your prayers, your dreams or if he decides to appear to you physically. Tell the pacticular god that you believe in to do something concrete that will convince all the believers (i mean the corrupt pastors thieveing politicians and all the other devilish people who call themselves christians in nigeria) and unbelievers that he exists. Tell him that man must wack said he should replace the sun for the next week that if he can do that then Nigeria will be a better place for real. Only that kind of miracle will stop the govt looting pastors conning thier congregation plus the armed robbery and all the other negative things going on in that country.

Then living in Nigeria will be like living in an athiestic country like Norway, Denmark or Sweden. Don't you agree? smiley wink
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by KAG: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
drrionelli:

Before this "discussion" gets angry and out of hand, perhaps cooler heads should, indeed, prevail.

We each come to an acceptance of things through various ways of understanding. Some through replicative means (i.e., being able to recreate a situation or circumstance), and some through acceptance by faith (i.e., non-provable means). The two methods are not nearly as antithetical as might be assumed on first glance.

Consider, for example, that there was a time when a solar eclipse was thought to be a manifestation of a divine "anger" (e.g., a punishment by taking away the sun). Well, we view things a bit differently, now. We now know that the world is not flat, but rather, spheroid. The examples are endless.

So it is with our respective beliefs in a diety. As we learn more--and we should always strive to learn more--then we should more ably view not only our own ideas, but also those of others. Let's not allow our views to divide us. Let's allow them to bring us together, so that we might forge a common understanding for all.

I agree with your sentiment. Having said that, couldn't it be argued that the increase in knowledge that has helped humans understand the shape of the Earth, etc. has also led us away from the existence - or, in fact, necessity - of gods? I would say discourse on gods have shown the gods less likely to exist.
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by drrionelli(m): 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2011
@KAG:
Yes, IF that is where the knowledge we glean is to take us. wink
Re: Are you Really Sure There Is no God- Think Again! by birdman(m): 6:31am On Aug 04, 2011
circular logic is circular grin

(1) (Reply)

The Anticipation Of Jesus Is Holding Us Back: He Isn't Coming! / Nigerian Prophets As Fraudsters / Hearing God's Voice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.