Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos (44762 Views)

Dino Melaye Flaunts His Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Luxurious Collection Of Dino Melaye's Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by okey559(m): 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
phantonce:
Hope the seme border custom official can learn from there owerri counterpart though these seized item is too small for a year.just 343 vehicles seized in a year.

I do wonder how these smugglers invest millions of naira on a banned item and still sleep at night with rest of mind when they could have invested in a legit business and make there money.

Abeg when are they auctioning this cars
Lol. So this is what is of more important to you. May God help us.
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by tomholly: 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
Naija smuggling anything since 1909. Some are still planning to smug tonight as i speak oooooooooooooo.they call them Faya wooh
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by core8(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
M not surprise. But why do these same customs officers oppress people of the East by impounding cars that are registered up to 3/4 yrs and even more to extort the owners of same?they'll collect monies from unsuspecting car owners and not even remitting same to the government. Please the authorities should check this and bring the culprit to book.
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
phantonce:
Hope the seme border custom official can learn from there owerri counterpart though these seized item is too small for a year.just 343 vehicles seized in a year.

I do wonder how these smugglers invest millions of naira on a banned item and still sleep at night with rest of mind when they could have invested in a legit business and make there money.

I bet the person typing this poo is putting on an imported shoe, knowing fully well that import of shoes is prohibited ie banned.
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by sonnie10: 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
I thought SE was land locked. How come customs are making more recovery there than other areas?
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
Biz men don suffer..If we catch Buhari steal 1naira he go hear am
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by glossy6(f): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
phantonce:

Those at Seme are busy whistling women in their portakabin or nearby bushes.

They will seize Turkey or rice and tell the women to come back by 8pm. To do what
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by mkomoses: 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
if you are really interested in an auction good kindly mail me and let me give you a sure link of a custom officer (kattycool2015@gmail.com)
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by InvertedHammer: 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
/
Why people go through this route to lose everything amazes me.

The cost of clearing everything is an open book.

If you cannot afford it, why not live within your means.

\
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by richeso: 12:51am On Jan 09, 2016
i no understand , make una help me.. importing car's na crime ?
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by jamjo: 1:59am On Jan 09, 2016
Xposer:
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Federal Operations Unit (FOU) Zone ‘C’, Owerri –has recorded a total of four hundred and sixty-seven (467) seizures of illegally imported items with an overall Duty Paid Value (DPV) of two billion, seven hundred and nine million, eight hundred and seven thousand, three hundred and fifty-eight naira (N2,709,807,358) in the year 2015.

The Customs Area Controller of the Unit, Comptroller Dimka, Victor David, who gave a graphic detail of the seizures recorded while briefing newsmen in Owerri where some of the contraband items were deposited, said that while three hundred and sixteen (316) suspects were arrested in connection with the smuggling and one (1) convicted, twenty three (23) cases are now in court for the same purpose of which 7 cases were won by the Unit.

According to the Customs Area Controller, an analysis of the seizures made within the year involved 343 vehicles; 378 bales of bags/suitcases with 466 pieces; 6,472 pieces of imported used tyres; 8,855 cartons of foreign frozen poultry products; and 2,758 bales of imported textile materials. Others were 10 cartons of foreign beverages/juice; 2,584 bags of 50kg imported rice; 6,747 pairs of foot wears; 45 cartons of electrical/electronic equipment; 108 cartons of foreign vegetable oil; 1,387 packages of foreign furniture with 126 pieces; and 412 cartons of foreign soaps and detergents.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/01/see-illegally-imported-items-seized-by.html

If i may ask this question was all this seizures made in zone C owerri ,It look like the customs are not doing their job owerri has no port and its also not a border state so how come all this goods made their way to the east. Honestly speaking Nigeria is a fail state ..
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by gmacnoms(m): 3:01am On Jan 09, 2016
WaffenSS:

1st paragraph, you asking where to buy the vehicles at auction.

2nd paragraph you asking how to get a job.

Haha.

Anyway I pray you get a very good job soon, so that you can buy a spanking new car.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by 4C2215131: 8:46am On Jan 09, 2016
phantonce:

They can sleep at night owning to the confidence reposed on corrupt officials that have been bribed in the service. Unfortunately, this time around, something went wrong somewhere
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by jacoik(m): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2016
comradee1248:
uя very lucky u didn't pay money for that kind fraud coz u will never get auction like that...so for uя mind even if them 1 auction them, and u have information on the auction if u go ask them go give u? Let me advice u better gather uя money buy better motor for uяself no be motor wey some 1 don cry and swear for customs over it.... I m a customs officer I know what is there in auction... No ordinary man dey get auction, former CG of Customs use 2 gather like 20-50. Cars @ the same time and allocate to the big shots in the govt... And them in turn dash it out 2 their loyalist.... They don't even pay for the auction... The CG will claim he has paid for them... Pipo like Pat Jonathan, Ngozi okonjo, the big shots in the senate and house of reps, ..... With all this how will u get auction?....
wow, thanks brother because u have said it all. so bro, ur advice now is even rice, beans, garrison or what has u. anything that is of custom is not good abi? tanx dear. I don't mind we bcom frnds on social media like fb or tweeter. my handle is @jacoik and my fb jako ik. send me urs if u don't mind
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by comradee1248: 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
jacoik:
wow, thanks brother because u have said it all. so bro, ur advice now is even rice, beans, garrison or what has u. anything that is of custom is not good abi? tanx dear. I don't mind we bcom frnds on social media like fb or tweeter. my handle is @jacoik and my fb jako ik. send me urs if u don't mind
Nothing in customs auction that is worth the trouble people enter bcoz of it, I could remember in 2013 and 2014 there were almost 20,000 bags of rice in the ware house of customs in seme border then even some greedy officers were expecting they. Will be given @ least 1 bag each but @ the end of the day the whole of this rice was auctioned 2 not more than 5 govt big shots, I don't know the rest but I m very sure the 1nce that were sent to south/south is the then 1st lady, no single pin was even given 2 any officer... @worst they will gather like 20bags each and share to all the yoruba oba's in badagry that's all... If you hear any public auction from customs if its rice I. Can bet u is not a good 1, if they are cars I bet u they are scraps that are suppose 2 be sent for recycling... Haha Nigerians are very very ignorant about things that has 2 do with Customs, and the desperate 1ce that like good but cheap things end up being conned.

U can add me in facebook. Ezekiel Wormi is my ID
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by jacoik(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
comradee1248:
Nothing in customs auction that is worth the trouble people enter bcoz of it, I could remember in 2013 and 2014 there were almost 20,000 bags of rice in the ware house of customs in seme border then even some greedy officers were expecting they. Will be given @ least 1 bag each but @ the end of the day the whole of this rice was auctioned 2 not more than 5 govt big shots, I don't know the rest but I m very sure the 1nce that were sent to south/south is the then 1st lady, no single pin was even given 2 any officer... @worst they will gather like 20bags each and share to all the yoruba oba's in badagry that's all... If you hear any public auction from customs if its rice I. Can bet u is not a good 1, if they are cars I bet u they are scraps that are suppose 2 be sent for recycling... Haha Nigerians are very very ignorant about things that has 2 do with Customs, and the desperate 1ce that like good but cheap things end up being conned.

U can add me in facebook. Ezekiel Wormi is my ID
deary, u are one in a million bro. God bless u. am gonna add u up so we can continue from there because u are making a lot of sense
Re: Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
Gullible Nigerians. What about the ones they advertise and sold. Scammers undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Has Crohn’s Disease, Loses Weight & Can't Eat - Sahara Reporters / See The Crowd That Welcome President Muhammadu Buhari In Maiduguri / How Elites Stole Nigeria Dry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.