Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

3k For Monthly Mobile Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3k For Monthly Mobile Data (2483 Views)

Which Mobile Data Provider Is Currently The Best In Terms Of Cost & Reliability? / Six App Settings That Consume Your Mobile Data And Solutions To Them / How To Use Less Mobile Data On Your Android Or Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Teedon(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2016
Good mroning fellow nlanders, just sat and thought about it this morning.
Why can't we get unlimited mobile data subscription for as low as 3,000 naira monthly from our network providers.
What do you think?

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by fredie107(m): 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2016

That's too much. 1k should do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
Bros pity these guys they need to pay salaries need profit to keep the network updated, secured, fluid etc. Don't follow bandwagon that thinks they make unwholesome profits, if they do why are laying off workers and reducing salaries? In other countries (advanced) it's even more expensive but because of their standard they don't feel it the way we do.
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Teedon(m): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
peterjero:
Bros pity these guys they need to pay salaries need profit to keep the network updated, secured, fluid etc. Don't follow bandwagon that thinks they make unwholesome profits, if they do why are laying off workers and reducing salaries? In other countries (advanced) it's even more expensive but because of their standard they don't feel it the way we do.
So you are saying 3k is too small?

3 Likes

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 11:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
Teedon:

Kinda Bro, if 3k is for 6 or 7gb then not bad but for unlimited, Bros check where in the world would you get that?
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 09, 2016
Teedon:

For which country u want get unlimited data for 3k? Let's be realistic, u can't go into business without making profit. The only reasonable thing to do is for those telecommunications company reduce to their normal price (for example let's say 4k for 8gb), then once the data is exhausted before the expiry date, they can let us continue having access to internet at a reduced speed. For example if the maximum normal speed is 3-8mbps, once the data is exhausted they can throttle down the speed to like 512kbps. At least with that it is obvious we can't stream videos, but can still use social network and can surf the internet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by xtervaganza(m): 12:48am On Jan 09, 2016
peterjero:
it is better to shut up and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

In Kenya, unlimited Internet on WiFi is 2000 shillings which is equal to #4000. And it's faster than all of our networks combined.

Think before you speak

3 Likes

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 1:08am On Jan 09, 2016
xtervaganza:
it is better to shut up and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

In Kenya, unlimited Internet on WiFi is 2000 shillings which is equal to #4000. And it's faster than all of our networks combined.

Think before you speak
Did you really thought of what you said before writing, WiFi you said not mobile data. Why not lookup what south Korea, USA and UK pay for monthly data before you talk, you just come online to just insult people who you've not met it annoys me.

2 Likes

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by xtervaganza(m): 3:23am On Jan 09, 2016
peterjero:

Did you really thought of what you said before writing, WiFi you said not mobile data. Why not lookup what south Korea, USA and UK pay for monthly data before you talk, you just come online to just insult people who you've not met it annoys me.
you do realise we have no unlimited WiFi Internet here in Nigeria? And right here data on router is not cheaper than mobile data on phones so it makes no difference I relate it to each other

Sorry for the insult btw

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by amAZEing: 7:33am On Jan 09, 2016
peterjero:

I concur with you. At least 70k per month is okay for unlimited bandwidth.
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by W3xy1(m): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2016
amAZEing:

why not a million bucks for unlimited plan per month. How much is an average nigerian earning per month for him or her to pay 70k for data in a month. Guy park well

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Kyase(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2016
peterjero:

Kinda Bro, if 3k is for 6 or 7gb then not bad but for unlimited, Bros check where in the world would you get that?

we did have unlimited with 1k when the marked was even small.

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2016
xtervaganza:
you do realise we have no unlimited WiFi Internet here in Nigeria? And right here data on router is not cheaper than mobile data on phones so it makes no difference I relate it to each other

Sorry for the insult btw
A ROUND OF BEER AND PEPPER SOUP TO GO ROUND. We will get there soon

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2016
Kyase:

we did have unlimited with 1k when the marked was even small.
Then it was blackberry which wasn't a resource hug as modern phones have become today.
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 9:28am On Jan 09, 2016
amAZEing:

I feel the humour in your write up.

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Kyase(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2016
peterjero:

Then it was blackberry which wasn't a resource hug as modern phones have become today.
is the same BlackBerry having that now?
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 9:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Kyase:

Surprisingly Bro, it was 3gb and has been 3gb but we weren't as data hungry as we are now so we didn't take note and you know that device saves data hence it usually last.
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Kyase(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2016
peterjero:

Surprisingly Bro, it was 3gb and has been 3gb but we weren't as data hungry as we are now so we didn't take note and you know that device saves data hence it usually last.
all I can say now is we deserve unlimited data with 2k

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Deblow: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2016
Those defending the providers are doing so possibly for sentimental reasons. I refuse to be convinced that these network providers don't make huge and sometimes unwholesome profits. They rip us off a lot. If they lay off workers it is not always as a result of poor profit margins but sometimes they do so to make much more profits. Most of them are expatriates and their primary reason for doing business in a foreign country is to amass profits with little inputs. They claim they use fuel to run their gens,they should have used water instead! The simple truth is that there are enough rooms to reduce their tariffs across the board, data inclusive and still make reasonable profits but they are wide-mouthed.

2 Likes

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 09, 2016
xtervaganza:

Sorry for the insult btw

Everywhere in the world, fixed wireless is always cheaper than mobile internet. Fixed wireless is installed in ur house so u can only use it in ur house. There are some companies that already offer that in Nigeria eg arcelor networks. Arcelor works well in abeikuta, one of their plan is 5k for 6gb of data, but u have free unlimited from 7pm to 7am weekdays and free internet all weekends. That is good enough, but it is not as fast as MTN ot etisalat at full throttle, and again it is not portable.

Unlimited mobile internet is not cheap anywhere in the world. Let's use t mobile USA as an example. U can get a phone on contact basis, eg galaxy s6 for just $200. Then every month u will pay $50 for contract fees for 2 yrs which will give u 2gb internet access for 2 yrs. If u want 6gb u will have to add $15 which makes it $65 a month which so includes unlimited Netflix streaming on their 4glte. Now if u want unlimited u have to pay $95 a month. That is like N20,000 at the current exchange rate. Ok even if u subtract $50 device fees then ur paying extra $45 for the internet which is about N10,000. Now that is in an advanced country like USA where things work, where they supply them with uninterrupted electricity. It is hard to do business in Nigeria where u have to provide ur own power source. So brother, unlimited internet is not cheap anywhere in the world, especially for mobile devices. It's a little cheaper with fixed wireless devices.

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by xtervaganza(m): 10:16am On Jan 09, 2016
peterjero:

A ROUND OF BEER AND PEPPER SOUP TO GO ROUND. We will get there soon
amen bro
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by xtervaganza(m): 10:24am On Jan 09, 2016
greenhulk:

Everywhere in the world, fixed wireless is always cheaper than mobile internet. Fixed wireless is installed in ur house so u can only use it in ur house. There are some companies that already offer that in Nigeria eg arcelor networks. Arcelor works well in abeikuta, one of their plan is 5k for 6gb of data, but u have free unlimited from 7pm to 7am weekdays and free internet all weekends. That is good enough, but it is not as fast as MTN ot etisalat at full throttle, and again it is not portable.

Unlimited mobile internet is not cheap anywhere in the world. Let's use t mobile USA as an example. U can get a phone on contact basis, eg galaxy s6 for just $200. Then every month u will pay $50 for contract fees for 2 yrs which will give u 2gb internet access for 2 yrs. If u want 6gb u will have to add $15 which makes it $65 a month which so includes unlimited Netflix streaming on their 4glte. Now if u want unlimited u have to pay $95 a month. That is like N20,000 at the current exchange rate. Ok even if u subtract $50 device fees then ur paying extra $45 for the internet which is about N10,000. Now that is in an advanced country like USA where things work, where they supply them with uninterrupted electricity. It is hard to do business in Nigeria where u have to provide ur own power source. So brother, unlimited internet is not cheap anywhere in the world, especially for mobile devices. It's a little cheaper with fixed wireless devices.
i know mobile data is not cheap but you're making it appear like the money is only for Internet? 1st you're paying for the phone 2) you'll be given unlimited free text 3) you get hours of calls ( in uk they give 100/200 hours of call depending on your plan)

And if you notice I didn't really mention mobile internet, I mentioned home WiFi. Now tell me what you'll need more than 2 gig for on your phone when you have unlimited WiFi at home? When you can update your apps at home, Netflix at home with your unlimited home WiFi

Let's not encourage from our telecoms, mtn once sold ordinary sim to my dad for 27k and you think this people are not cheating us?

Do you remeber when we buy 200mb for 1k? And niw we have 1 gig for 1k. Is it that the cost of giving us 1 gig then is higher than now?

I really don't know why anybody would side with animals we have as network provider

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2016
Kyase:

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kyase:

BlackBerry no dey consume data that time na and they were certain things we couldn't do like streaming video or trtethering with other smart device, remember?
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
xtervaganza:
i know mobile data is not cheap but you're making it appear like the money is only for Internet? 1st you're paying for the phone 2) you'll be given unlimited free text 3) you get hours of calls ( in uk they give 100/200 hours of call depending on your plan)

And if you notice I didn't really mention mobile internet, I mentioned home WiFi. Now tell me what you'll need more than 2 gig for on your phone when you have unlimited WiFi at home? When you can update your apps at home, Netflix at home with your unlimited home WiFi

Let's not encourage from our telecoms, mtn once sold ordinary sim to my dad for 27k and you think this people are not cheating us?

Do you remeber when we buy 200mb for 1k? And niw we have 1 gig for 1k. Is it that the cost of giving us 1 gig then is higher than now?

I really don't know why anybody would side with animals we have as network provider

Nope, I'm not taking sides with network providers. Some of them also offer prospaid services in Nigeria, but u know postpaid is difficult to implement here. We don't have biometrics, no credit record, no social security numbers.. U cannot blame Mtn or etisalat for that.. That is the government's work. Let the government fix that first and see if networks won't offer phones on contract basis like it is done in advanced countries.

Internet is still expensive in Nigeria.. That is a fact. But some people just want it for close to nothing... Like the creator of this thread is asking for unlimited mobile internet for N3,000. Now even if they give u that internet atba speed of 254kbps he will still come back and say t is too slow.
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by Kyase(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
peterjero:

BlackBerry no dey consume data that time na and they were certain things we couldn't do like streaming video or trtethering with other smart device, remember?
you dey insult Nigerians be that ooo
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by octacores: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
Deblow:
Those defending the providers are doing so possibly for sentimental reasons. I refuse to be convinced that these network providers don't make huge and sometimes unwholesome profits. They rip us off a lot. If they lay off workers it is not always as a result of poor profit margins but sometimes they do so to make much more profits. Most of them are expatriates and their primary reason for doing business in a foreign country is to amass profits with little inputs. They claim they use fuel to run their gens,they should have used water instead! The simple truth is that there are enough rooms to reduce their tariffs across the board, data inclusive and still make reasonable profits but they are wide-mouthed.
This comment of yours is worth a million likes.
cool cool

1 Like

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by peterjero(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kyase:

you dey insult Nigerians be that ooo
No Bros
Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
Blackberry was unlimited. There was a day I downloaded six gigs of data and my younger sis still downloaded things.

peterjero:

Re: 3k For Monthly Mobile Data by W3xy1(m): 7:37am On Jan 11, 2016
i saw this advert on youtube. why is it difficult for our network providers to give us such plans. 1 British pound is 290 naira

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? / Etisalat 2gb For N1000 And 5gb For N2000 Evening, Night & Weekend Data Plan / Why You Should Buy Your Phones At Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.