Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,515 members, 7,847,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Please Help! What Should I Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help! What Should I Do? (402 Views)

Jambite Need Your Help, what will you do if you were to be in this condition / Please Help, What Are The Jobs I Can Do With Degree In Physics / Help What Course Can Someone Study In University With This Waec Result ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! What Should I Do? by MSB4gr8(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
Now I understand the reason most people commit suicide after a terrifying encounters like: "a lady commit suicide after being abandoned by her lover", "a boy killed himself after falling WAEC 5 times" etc. Very soon, the headlines on most of the Nigeria newspapers might read " So sad,a young man committed suicide because he could not pay his postgraduate programme charges" but before then, here is my story: My parents are poor and illiterate but I decided to be different a bit. I studied Agricultural Science Education from one of the affiliated college of education and I graduated in 2012 with 2.2.I passed through hell before I could gone that far. I could not answer the clarion call because of my age,in order not to waste time,as an agricultural-based graduate,I cultivated maize on a 3 acres of land,which l spent 126K on pre ,during and post planting costs but I didn't get 10kobo on it. After that, I moved on,I. Went to ibadan and worked in a hotel as kitchen assistant,barman,receptionist and supervisor progressively within a 10 month. I was able to save some cash and I obtained postgraduate form, I wish to pursue my career but mistakenly I obtained the form on a wrong portal but luckily I was able to get the actual form before it closed in 2014. I sat for the two qualifying exams and I passed, the 1st form was for sandwich and the 2nd was for regular programme. I ignored the sandwich and went for the regular. Unfortunately, my transcript could not be processed and submitted on time as a result of the face off between the FG and the COEASU that lasted for months,I lost the admission and 75K that I spent on the two forms and transport fare from ibadan to ilorin on 4 trips. I accepted my fate with faith and I still move on. I relocated to ilorin in order to reduce the cost of transport fares and I started a teaching job in a nursery school on a 10K take home,just to keep the body and soul together. After 6 months,I opened a barbing salon with a soft loan of 100K from my step-mother and. I am still teaching. I obtained another form last year,sat for the qualifying exam and I waited for months before I was notified that l passed the exam and I had been offered admission .I was very happy and I notified my dad and mum(which had been separated since I was 9). The only response l got from both ends was"NO MONEY",I pleaded to them so they could help me get the money either borrowed or any means but since then no money was the output of my tiredness efforts. As I am typing this story , my mates are in the class receiving lectures but I can not join them because NO MONEY,though I tried but what is the result now? The payment closes on tuesday 12th but there will be grace of late registration of 2 weeks with added charges of 10K, if I could not raise 80K within 3 weeks,where will l get 90K within 2 weeks?...the money that I am looking for now is what someone somewhere will spend in a club this weekend, .what a lost efforts! These are my questions.....please help me with sincere answers. 1.Why are my efforts fruitless? Could it be spiritual? Psychological or God's will? 2.is this how other broken home children pass through hell in life? 3.where have l missed the lane? 4.Will l ever be great in life if my life continues like these? 5What will l be doing now?....no job,no support,nobody shares my dream, I am just a wanderer. I have been focus,determined and preserved but now, I can not continue the journey anymore, the road is narrow and lonely ,my dream is dead, my hope and faith can not sustain my will anymore....I am very WEAK now. Thanks for reading through and please pardon me for the lengthy story. 6. WHAT NEXT?
Re: Please Help! What Should I Do? by jason59(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
Bros u nid delivrance
Re: Please Help! What Should I Do? by estybae(f): 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
Oh, what a sad story. All the advice i can give u is to pray. There is nothing God cannot do, its left for u to have faith. And if nothing happens then have it in mind that God knows y dis is happening nd besides if you go to school now with no one to sponsor you, u will be frustrated and forced to do things you are not supposed to do and it could land you in trouble. I know of a lady who was in a worse condition than yours, she didn't even go to the university cos of monetary problems and now she is a teacher who studied theology in a seminary school, a private one at that. So my advice for u is to focus on ur teaching job and God will suprise you in a big way, No time is late for you to go to school .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Education An Haraam. / I Usually Get The Opposite Of The Grades I Expect After Exams. / Kwara State College Of Education 2015/2016 Pre-nce & Part-time Form Is Still On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.