Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu (21080 Views)

Fayose Condemns Continued Detention Of Suswan, Babangida Aliyu, Austin Okai, Oth / NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher / PDP Condemns Handcuffing Of Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
bettercreature:
Keep blurfing,Ekweremadu will end up in Kuje prision

You people are only good at making online noise!! When Gbege would start you will be no where to be found.
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by CELEBRITIZ(m): 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
saintkash:
my frnd shut up there.... when he was eating d yam did u advised him not to?
u are a fool,n u reason like a baby,he said n i quote
“An
anti-graft trap that catches only
members of the opposition and those
with axe to grind with the government
of the day is compromised.”
so APC are saints

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
shadfoye:
I would ve love where IMMUNITY CLAUSE could be removed from NIGERIA CONSTITUTION so that we ve full democracy.

So that Buhari would simply possess the powers to start harrassing PDP Governors baa?

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by DropShot: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
Smartsyn:
We should not let our affiliation to a political party blind us to say what is right or wrong. We may be ignoring these red lights now, but may suffer it later. Fighting corruption is fine by me, but do it within the armbit of the law.

We should draw a line between fighting the opposition and fighting corruption. If all the people in government are saints and all the oppositions corrupt, then we should seriously watch this fight against corruption.
Has any of those arrested denied collecting money from Dasuki?
Did APC join PDP in looting the federal treasury?
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by CELEBRITIZ(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
Smartsyn:
We should not let our affiliation to a political party blind us to say what is right or wrong. We may be ignoring these red lights now, but may suffer it later. Fighting corruption is fine by me, but do it within the armbit of the law.

We should draw a line between fighting the opposition and fighting corruption. If all the people in government are saints and all the oppositions corrupt, then we should seriously watch this fight against corruption.
GBAM
i pray all this blind APC COHORTS will receive sense IJN

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by bigdot1759(m): 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ekeremadu, u for go join am now about dey chase u comot detention? OLORIBU
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by higheredge: 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
dustydee:

Is he aware that the EFCC obtained a court order to hold him beyond the stipulated 48hrs without charge?

The same court they flaunted and disregarded order from. one day it will be the turn of Buhari to crying.
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by bettercreature(m): 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
chukwudi44:

You people are only good at making online noise!! When Gbege would start you will be no where to be found.
Gbege will never start! You IPOB are becoming coward and laughing stock to the whole world,There was masacree on NIGER BRIDGE,you guys does nothing,we don't know if Nnadi kanu is dead or alive you guys does nothing,high ranking members of PDP are in detention,you guys does nothing! You guys just love to fume! We have seen your weakness after 1 months of protest..

2 Likes

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by josh21: 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
bettercreature:
Gbege will never start! You IPOB are becoming coward and laughing stock to the whole world,There was masacree on NIGER BRIDGE,you guys does nothing,we don't know if Nnadi kanu is dead or alive you guys does nothing,high ranking members of PDP are in detention,you guys does nothing! You guys just love to fume! We have seen your weakness after 1 months of protest..
bettercreature:
Smartsyn:

Allow them to talk.Who is not corrupt in this administration? Who funded the APC. Campaign and where did he get the funds from.Ameachi's gragra will not save him ooooo.Mark my words.
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by philips70(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
Mr Ekweremadu, is continued looting of the treasury healthy for democracy?
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by WOCKHARDI(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
dustydee:

Is he aware that the EFCC obtained a court order to hold him beyond the stipulated 48hrs without charge?
See who's talking about obeying court orders.
So Court orders matter to you and are to be obeyed? But the same court order granting bail can be overruled by your supreme commander, abi?
Clap for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by OnankpaBa(m): 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
DSS don release you?

chukwudi44:

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by ibisko04: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
Smartsyn:

We are closely watching the situation as it is unfolding. The red light will catch up with another person who has eaten from the treasury illegally.
I think it is due to the fact that PDP members were more involved in the looting's of Nigerians money and the fact that they were involved more at the federal level that made it looks like they are the only people under scrutiny.
Anyway, it's turn by turn. More people from the ruling party will surface on the radar.
One thing that is sure is that no one has been arrested that is not involved in the looting or eating of our yams voraciously.
So, let us not pity anyone whose turn it is to give account of his or her stewardship in the public service.
We all know that our public officers stole seriously from our treasury without thinking about the consequences on the people.
Let us not forget that their feasting on our money is responsible for the decay in the system.
Either by tribe or that of party affiliation, these treasury looters don't share their loot's with anybody outside their immediate family and friends.
Rules are made to guide human affairs. These looters had been breaking the rules for long.
Now that the rules is breaking them, we should not pity them as they have no pity for the masses.

4 Likes

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by dammytosh: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Smartsyn:

Expired defence line
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by Smartsyn(m): 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
ibisko04:

We are closely watching the situation as it is unfolding. The red light will catch up with another person who has eaten from the treasury illegally.
I think it is due to the fact that PDP members were more involved in the looting's of Nigerians money and the fact that they were involved more at the federal level that made it looks like they are the only people under scrutiny.
Anyway, it's turn by turn. More people from the ruling party will surface on the radar.
One thing that is sure is that no one has been arrested that is not involved in the looting or eating of our yams voraciously.
So, let us not pity anyone whose turn it is to give account of his or her stewardship in the public service.
We all know that our public officers stole seriously from our treasury without thinking about the consequences on the people.
Let us not forget that their feasting on our money is responsible for the decay in the system.
Either by tribe or that of party affiliation, these treasury looters don't share their loot's with anybody outside their immediate family and friends.
Rules are made to guide human affairs. These looters had been breaking the rules for long.
Now that the rules is breaking them, we should not pity them as they have no pity for the masses.
you're right though, I just hope that it gets to the turn of everybody and not some selected few.

2 Likes

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by SHAIBULIAR: 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
na the stealing and sharing of our money dey healthy for our democracy abi?ekweremadu abi ki loruko re,ka da fun o lai

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by manup: 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
saintkash:
my frnd shut up there.... when he was eating d yam did u advised him not to?

He ate the Yam abi? Charge him to court. Has the court sentenced him to jail? I know what is wrong with ur man. He wants to put someone to jail but without evidence so he is just confused.
If he eats Yam, then they must have gotten enough info. Drag him to court and present the info and evidences.
I laugh bc soon or after eight years no one knows what will happen.
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by CheedyJ(m): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
I laff at all dis politicians sha
...why won't dey allow d rule of law take it's course for once

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by dustydee: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
WOCKHARDI:

See who's talking about obeying court orders.
So Court orders matter to you and are to be obeyed? But the same court order granting bail can be overruled by your supreme commander, abi?
Clap for yourself.
Which court order did they disobey?
Nnamdi Kanu: Court ordered that he be released unconditionally since the government did not charge him to court. He was then released, immediately rearrested and charged to court. He is now waiting to take his plea after which the issue of bail can then come up.
Dasuki: Court granted him bail, he met his bail condition and was released and immediately rearrested for another offence. Are you suggesting that if he went on to kill someone, or it was discovered that he killed someone he should not be arrested because the court in granting him bail for say money laundering said he should not be arrested? The law doesn't work that way and it is subject to interpretation. Ever wondered why his lawyers have not gone to court to challenge his rearrest?

3 Likes

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by KMJY(f): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
adeoba2008:
The earlier Ekweremadu realised that PDP is dead , the better.
I can see how you're wishing deep within you that PDP dies. I bet you it won't die in this manner. If you want PDP dead, I would advise you to tell Buhari to be fair in this anticorruption war. Only then will he win the hearts of many Nigerians and canvas more support. Tell Buhari to provide good governance, create employment opportunities and be fair to everyone then PDP might not be strong again. What we are currently witnessing in the so-called anti-corruption war is worst than the alleged hate campaign staged by the PDP during the elections

2 Likes

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by InvertedHammer: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
Rule of law is the reason a lot of looters got away during GEJ's inglorious reign in Nigeria. Loot N1b, get N10m bail and go home to enjoy the loot. Case closed.

Anyone who did not follow the rule of law in looting/embezzlement should not expect rule of law to be followed in solitary confinement of his/her behind.

Buhari should lock all of them up and throw away the keys. Let the heaven fall.
/

3 Likes

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by remedysolution(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
DONSMITH123:
DEPUTY President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu has warned that continued detention of the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh was designed by the Federal Government to gag the mouthpiece of the opposition.

Ekweremadu who stressed the need for the All Progressives Congress, APC led government to be cautious against the trampling of the opposition and total disregard for the rule of law in the guise of anti-corruption war, said that with this development, the country was fast descending into authoritarianism, adding that it spells doom on the nation’s democracy.

In a statement signed yesterday by his Special Adviser, Media, Uche Anichukwu, Senator Ekweremadu who reaffirmed the PDP’s support for a genuine anti-graft crusade, however, decried a situation where such crusade becomes a calculated attempt to decimate and silence the opposition, while members of the ruling party with serious corruption allegations go about their businesses.

The Deputy President of the Senate who was speaking in the light of the continued detention of Metuh, Senator Ekweremadu said,” the continued. detention of the PDP mouthpiece was an attempt to gag the opposition and therefore unhealthy for democracy.”

Warning against the corruption of the anti-corruption war, he argued
: “An anti-graft trap that catches only members of the opposition and those with axe to grind with the government of the day is compromised.”

He called on the nation to denounce and resist the prevailing situation where people are held in custody against the directives of the courts and laws of the land, insisting that there would be no justice without the rule of law.
madu himself is a thief from onset................kirikiri await him
Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/continued-detention-of-metuh
-unhealthy-for-nigerias-democracy-ekweremadu/
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by remedysolution(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
madu himself is a thief from onset................kirikiri await him
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by zomby(m): 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Continuous stealing of our money is unconstitutional, unethical and undemocratic.
Senator Ike Ekweremadu should shut up and watch his own back. Regardless of what the blood suckers (thieves) think, say or do, the new Nigeria is here to stay.

May God bless this administration and our president, president Muhammadu Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by ucluiz: 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Am from the 5percent tribe bt let's be honest here. If anybody is guilty z guilty of looting our commonwealth let him or she face the music whether Apc or Pdp. I support this anti corruption war totally. Buhari ride on. Nigeria shall be great again.

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by 1009ja: 6:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
You might have to tell us where you got the money to build all your various estates in Enugu, Lagos, Abuja, Dubai. I am sure EFCC will beam the light on you pretty soon.
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by Reptyle(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
DONSMITH123:
DEPUTY President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu has warned that continued detention of the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh was designed by the Federal Government to gag the mouthpiece of the opposition.

Ekweremadu who stressed the need for the All Progressives Congress, APC led government to be cautious against the trampling of the opposition and total disregard for the rule of law in the guise of anti-corruption war, said that with this development, the country was fast descending into authoritarianism, adding that it spells doom on the nation’s democracy.

In a statement signed yesterday by his Special Adviser, Media, Uche Anichukwu, Senator Ekweremadu who reaffirmed the PDP’s support for a genuine anti-graft crusade, however, decried a situation where such crusade becomes a calculated attempt to decimate and silence the opposition, while members of the ruling party with serious corruption allegations go about their businesses.

The Deputy President of the Senate who was speaking in the light of the continued detention of Metuh, Senator Ekweremadu said,” the continued detention of the PDP mouthpiece was an attempt to gag the opposition and therefore unhealthy for democracy.”

Warning against the corruption of the anti-corruption war, he argued: “An anti-graft trap that catches only members of the opposition and those with axe to grind with the government of the day is compromised.”

He called on the nation to denounce and resist the prevailing situation where people are held in custody against the directives of the courts and laws of the land, insisting that there would be no justice without the rule of law.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/continued-detention-of-metuh-unhealthy-for-nigerias-democracy-ekweremadu/

I agree with the DSP. Mr. Metuh should quickly explain to the EFCC how he came about the money allegedly traced to his company's account so that he can be released.

I miss his press releases.... grin

In other news, where the hell is Governor Fayose?
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by brigadier747: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
Smartsyn:

Foool who will they hold responsible for d loot of our common wealth is it not d opposition who were d government before they were rightfully voted out and surcharges ,they should have held u responsible idiot....u ate nothing or don't even have a plate for dinnet now u tk sides for an affulent criminal
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by rasco2000me: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
DID ANYBODY AREST CLAIM THEY DO NOT COLLECT MONET OR IS THIS MAN TALKIN ABOUT,CLAMIN DOWN ON LOOTER IS UNHEATHY ABI,BUT LOOTIN IS HEARTGY
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by maxxx(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
The fight against corruption is commendable. It is not easy to summon the courage needed to fight corruption knowing your foes are formidable. However care should be taken that the fight would not be cast in bad light.A situation whereby you detain a person without laying charges against him,Flouting court orders and a one sided pursuit of corrupt politicians ( cos I can't be convinced in this Nigeria that its only PDP that ate yam) will not augur well for our nation.the presido should realise that he got his power from the constitution and that the same constitution grants certain rights to all these detainees.

1 Like

Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by Leke001: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
which way Nigeria?
Re: Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu by johnmartus(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
DOG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Traders Reject El-rufai's Offer To Rebuild Their Burnt Shops / We Recognise Only Onnoghen As CJN, NBA Declares / Atiku Speaks On EFCC Prosecuting Saraki For Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.