Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher (7044 Views)

Army's Official Statement About The Abia NUJ & Soldiers Fracas In Umuahia / El-Rufai Condemns Attack On Shehu Sani, Suleiman Kunkiyi And NUJ / Fayose Condemns Continued Detention Of Suswan, Babangida Aliyu, Austin Okai, Oth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by ivandragon: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
NUJ condemns DSS’ continued detention of publisher
ON December 12, 2016 2:18 PM / IN News /
Comments

By Festus Ahon & Ochuko Akuopha

ASABA-NIGERIA Union of Journalists, NUJ, Delta Sate Council, has condemned the continued incarceration of a local publisher and media practitioner in the State, Mr. Daniel Ekiugbo, by the Department of State Services, DSS, describing it as objectionable and unacceptable.
Ekiugbo was arrested over a month ago for an undisclosed reason and is still being detained by operatives of DSS.

Speaking during a courtesy visit to the Delta State Director of DSS, Mrs. Mary Otubu, Chairman of the union in the state, Comrade Norbert Chiazor, called for Ekiugbo’s immediate release, emphasizing that his continued detention violated his constitutional right as a citizen of Nigeria.

While reiterating that “such” should not be happening in a democracy since Decree 4 had long been abolished, Chiazor appealed to the DSS Director to use her good office to ensure that the constitutional right of Mr. Daniel Ekiugbo was respected by releasing or charging him to court as required.

Responding, the SSS Director, Mrs. Otubu, said the issue was still under investigation, assuring that Ekiugbo would be released as soon as investigations were concluded.

Commending the union for the initiative to interface with her office on the detention of one of theirs, she called for the strengthening of the bond of friendship between security and the media.

She however, urged the union to prevail on its members to exercise restraint in reporting sensitive issues so as not to worsen an already bad situation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nuj-condemns-dss-continued-detention-publisher/
Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by ivandragon: 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
hmmm...
Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by BornStunner1: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016

PDP SUPPORTERS RIGHT NOW!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
Buhari is a tyrant.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by LordAdam: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
After suffering persecution under Gowon, a dictator; Soyinka had the temerity to call Buhari a reformed democrat.

If Soyinka with all his degrees, intelligence, and Nobel Laureate could make such a ridiculous mistake, what should I say about the other 15 million mistakes that voted for Buhari.

If ECOWAS can call for Dasuki's release and Buhari did not even hear them, and the US government called for El-zahkazay's release and Buhari did not even reply them; then what is giving the NUJ (Delta State Chapter) the confidence to think that their voice will be heard even by Aso Rock's gateman.

The journalists were part of the people shouting the reformation and integrity slogan last year. They should pet the monster they created.

If Buhari no send Chief Judge for Nigeria, ECOWAS, and even US, who he go send? I just they pity all him political opponents ahead of 2019. Una go run race wen no get finish line. Kuje, Kirikiri go full boku. If space too much, na to shoot the ones wen remain bury them for shallow graves (Buhari don already experiment with Biafran and Shiite protesters).

-Lord

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by BuyGoats: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
Their biz...
My biz my signature shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by BornStunner1: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016

FOR SALE!!

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by valdes00(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
As the year 2016 is gradually winding down, to all those who have lost hope in this year and maybe thinking of how this year will end without them achieving what they set out to achieve; our prayer for you is ‘May God do a Sergio Ramos in your lives’. Can we get an AMEN?!

4 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by stobery(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
grin
It keep Spreading

1 Like

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by Omeokachie: 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
Itse Sagay will defend this as being constitutional.

4 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by tafabaloo(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ok now.
Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
There is a tyrant in aso rock

1 Like

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
valdes00:
As the year 2016 is gradually winding down, to all those who have lost hope in this year and maybe thinking of how this year will end without them achieving what they set out to achieve; our prayer for you is ‘May God do a Sergio Ramos in your lives’. Can we get an AMEN?!
Buhari is a tyrant

4 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by rawtouch: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
so everyone being investigated should be locked up , but some people under investigation are attending weddings, ayam not understanding..
Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

PDP SUPPORTERS RIGHT NOW!!!

Wat goes around comes around
Buhari is a tyrant

4 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
rawtouch:
so everyone being investigated should be locked up , but some people under investigation are attending weddings, ayam not understanding..
Buhari is a tyrant
Hope u are understanding now

3 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by HisSexcellency(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
one thing i am certain is that this " apc change" will get to everyone.
my people used to say that the rain does different things to different folks; to some it waters their crops, some it spoils their day/celebration, others the flood sweeps their means of livelihood and shelter. And there are some who dont care whether it rains or not, yet their wellbeing depends on it.
Be you a supporter or one who sees this government as a failure, the "change" will get to all of us

4 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by ivandragon: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nigerians should be patient...
we haven't seen anything yet...

1 Like

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by femliany(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Then it was FEbuhari for Buhari later Sai baba now na......?
Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by maberry(m): 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
But some of una join vote this bloodthirsty regime in to power

1 Like

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by Bants(m): 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
To be honest Buhari is the best remedy for Nigerians sometime we act like I too know and buhari is putting that discipline into us the people...Now we respect money we now work hard we don't do lawu lawu...you chat bs Dss will kidnap you..I just hope he create more jobs better health facilities and job...Buhari is good tyrant
Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by numericalguy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
When the dullard evil TyrantBuhari was detaining people without evidence, NUJ was supporting him. Now it has gotten to their doorstep.

4 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by numericalguy(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
Bants:
To be honest Buhari is the best remedy for Nigerians sometime we act like I too know and buhari is putting that discipline into us the people...Now we respect money we now work hard we don't do lawu lawu...you chat bs Dss will kidnap you..I just hope he create more jobs better health facilities and job...Buhari is good tyrant

If only this one had a brain.

9 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by smileyoo: 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
u journalists, sold shitts to nigerians & u expect not to perceive d odour. na lie u must perceive it.

2 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by elrony(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Bants:

Awon oloshi!!!! angry

5 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by psalmsjob: 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
LordAdam:
After suffering persecution under Gowon, a dictator; Soyinka had the temerity to call Buhari a reformed democrat.

If Soyinka with all his degrees, intelligence, and Nobel Laureate could make such a ridiculous mistake, what should I say about the other 15 million mistakes that voted for Buhari.

If ECOWAS can call for Dasuki's release and Buhari did not even hear them, and the US government called for El-zahkazay's release and Buhari did not even reply them; then what is giving the NUJ (Delta State Chapter) the confidence to think that their voice will be heard even by Aso Rock's gateman.

The journalists were part of the people shouting the reformation and integrity slogan last year. They should pet the monster they created.

If Buhari no send Chief Judge for Nigeria, ECOWAS, and even US, who he go send? I just they pity all him political opponents ahead of 2019. Una go run race wen no get finish line. Kuje, Kirikiri go full boku. If space too much, na to shoot the ones wen remain bury them for shallow graves (Buhari don already experiment with Biafran and Shiite protesters).

-Lord
If I may decend to your level for a minute I will say; so far the number of people that have died from Buhari's leadership style is not up to those that died from GEJ's cluelessness and inaction with boko haram nor his actions towards the members of the National Assembly if you recall neither was it close to what he did to a sitting Governor. But I will not stay long at your level lest I lose myself.

Leadership is not about being loved by everyone or trying to be a Mr Nice-Guy by succumbing to every request or wish simple because as the leader you see the big-picture or whole picture about every situation and your duty is to act appropriately in the interest of the generality of the people that elected you to position.

1. El-zakzaky is a security threat to Nigeria, just like Shekau of boko haram was and nothing was done until he became a monster.

2. Nothing anyone can tell the US government that will make them release such a person if he was in their custody. Guantanamo bay is an example.

3. ECOWAS wasn't of any tangible help to Nigeria when boko haram ravaged Nigeria so what right do they have to tell Buhari how to manage such threats when in its infancy.

4. The chief judge of Nigeria? Please say something else. He should put his house in order, first remove the corrupt judges and we might start taking them serious. He was bribed to give such judgment for all I care.

5. The DSS are carrying out their statutory responsibility by nipping trouble and trouble makers in the bud. They were more or less an apparatus of PDP before now giving press conferences like parrot. If it was under degree 4 you won't even know who arrested the man not to talk of demonstrating to DSS office and getting such reception.

6. If President Buhari was like your regular politicians he wouldn't take these type of bold steps/action to correct many ills in our polity now. He will probably be claiming nice guy to get a second term and then unleash his many evil colours afterwards more like what GEJ was planning but God defeated him.

7. Buhari being a reformed Democrat doesn't mean he has abandoned his high standards and principles. His motive has always been right all along but the method was wrong then. So now both the motive and method is being put right. He remains the nightmare of corrupt and indiscipline people and the best friend of the upright and downtrodden of our society.

8. As far as 2019 is concerned, we shall cross the bridge when we get there. For now it's not Baba Buhari's motivation. Fixing the damages of 16 years is no easy task to be done in 4 years but slow and steady we Shall get there.

See my signature for inquiries!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by ERO32: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Just look at dss they don't even have evidence and they arrested the man. Heh what kind of rubbish is these ;-(:-/:-@
the SSS Director, Mrs. Otubu, said the issue was still under investigation, assuring that Ekiugbo would be released as soon as investigations were concluded.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nuj-condemns-dss-continued-detention-publisher/[/quote]

1 Like

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by LordAdam: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
[s]
psalmsjob:

If I may decend to your level for a minute I will say; so far the number of people that have died from Buhari's leadership style is not up to those that died from GEJ's cluelessness and inaction with boko haram nor his actions towards the members of the National Assembly if you recall neither was it close to what he did to a sitting Governor. But I will not stay long at your level lest I lose myself.

Leadership is not about being loved by everyone or trying to be a Mr Nice-Guy by succumbing to every request or wish simple because as the leader you see the big-picture or whole picture about every situation and your duty is to act appropriately in the interest of the generality of the people that elected you to position.

1. El-zakzaky is a security threat to Nigeria, just like Shekau of boko haram was and nothing was done until he became a monster.

2. Nothing anyone can tell the US government that will make them release such a person if he was in their custody. Guantanamo bay is an example.

3. ECOWAS wasn't of any tangible help to Nigeria when boko haram ravaged Nigeria so what right do they have to tell Buhari how to manage such threats when in its infancy.

4. The chief judge of Nigeria? Please say something else. He should put his house in order, first remove the corrupt judges and we might start taking them serious. He was bribed to give such judgment for all I care.

5. The DSS are carrying out their statutory responsibility by nipping trouble and trouble makers in the bud. They were more or less an apparatus of PDP before now giving press conferences like parrot. If it was under degree 4 you won't even know who arrested the man not to talk of demonstrating to DSS office and getting such reception.

6. If President Buhari was like your regular politicians he wouldn't take these type of bold steps/action to correct many ills in our polity now. He will probably be claiming nice guy to get a second term and then unleash his many evil colours afterwards more like what GEJ was planning but God defeated him.

7. Buhari being a reformed Democrat doesn't mean he has abandoned his high standards and principles. His motive has always been right all along but the method was wrong then. So now both the motive and method is being put right. He remains the nightmare of corrupt and indiscipline people and the best friend of the upright and downtrodden of our society.

8. As far as 2019 is concerned, we shall cross the bridge when we get there. For now it's not Baba Buhari's motivation. Fixing the damages of 16 years is no easy task to be done in 4 years but slow and steady we Shall get there.

See my signature for inquiries!

Thank you.
[/s]

I am allergic to zombie virus!

Gerrarahia mehn!

-Lord

7 Likes

Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by psalmsjob: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
LordAdam:
[s][/s]

I am allergic to zombie virus!

Gerrarahia mehn!

-Lord

Just as I'm allergic to wailing and corruption virus!

Bring it on mehn!
Re: NUJ Condemns DSS’ Continued Detention Of Publisher by antosly(m): 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

FOR SALE!!

Keep am

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Finish Nigeria Patapata, Make Any Of These Men President / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu's Educational Qualifications / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.