Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? (67599 Views)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by homesteady(m): 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Today makes it exactly one month since I applied for BVN information correction and it is yet to be rectified.
I did my BVN registration with Access bank and they filled a wrong date of birth. So on trying to link it with my Diamond bank account, I was told it can't be linked because of the different dates of birth.
I went to Access bank, they said I should bring my birth certificate and wait for 7 working days.

It's now one month and it has not been rectified, I still can't withdraw from my account!

Please who went through this kind of issue and how did you go about it.

lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by tomisinobm(m): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
They did mine the same day in uba

3 Likes

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by homesteady(m): 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
tomisinobm:

The same day shocked shocked but the bank told me that the company handling the BVN said 7 working days is required.
What was your own issue?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by joystickextend1(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
I also wanna change mine to,I wonder why they will tell u to come back in 7days time,can u withdraw from your other account?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by homesteady(m): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
joystickextend1:
I also wanna change mine to,I wonder why they will tell u to come back in 7days time,can u withdraw from your other account?

Yes I can still withdraw.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by homesteady(m): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
lalasticlala abeg frontpage, this issue is very important! it involves money.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Karleb(m): 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
You might want to visit your bank's official website to see if there's any option for BVN error rectification, it could be something you could do yourself.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by gabman700: 12:49am On Jan 09, 2016
Once you submit the necessary document to your bank and it is approved, it should not take more than 72 hours with NIBBS as they will now adjust the error from their end
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by tomisinobm(m): 6:21am On Jan 09, 2016
homesteady:

The same day shocked shocked but the bank told me that the company handling the BVN said 7 working days is required.
What was your own issue?

Mine was date of bith too, but I guess it was thier fault, they just asked for national id card, voters cwrd or international passport.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Flixster(m): 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
Regards to everyone here ..who will be reading my issues on Bvn Stuff
Today makes it 2months in which have not being able to withdraw from my Account just because i had different date of birth due to the mistake from the GTb where i did my registration, all document required by them have being submitted i just dont kw what is causing this delay
Kindly advice me out pls friends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by homesteady(m): 6:48am On Jan 14, 2016
Karleb:
You might want to visit your bank's official website to see if there's any option for BVN error rectification, it could be something you could do yourself.

Banks can't rectify BVN errors, they can only submit what you need to be corrected to the people in charge of the BVN.

1 Like

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by homesteady(m): 6:55am On Jan 14, 2016
Flixster:
Regards to everyone here ..who will be reading my issues on Bvn Stuff
Today makes it 2months in which have not being able to withdraw from my Account just because i had different date of birth due to the mistake from the GTb where i did my registration, all document required by them have being submitted i just dont kw what is causing this delay
Kindly advice me out pls friends

Finally! Somebody with the same problem.

Have you gone to complain to the GTB people?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Flixster(m): 11:13am On Jan 14, 2016
Yes i hv gone there uncountable times in which they are still telling me the same thing since last year...Sumtime should be done very fast concerning this issue
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Omolola1(f): 10:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
I also have the same problem, but in my case, it's my fault. In 2008, I filled a wrong date of birth in order to open the account because I wasn't up to the required 18 yet. I filled 1990 instead of 1993
Never knew it would come hunting back. I opened an account with Access and did the Bvn linking, but didn't work because of the difference in date of birth.
I went to gtb today to complain (I had initially forgotten I did something like that years ago), until they brought out my form and I saw with my own handwriting 1990 lipsrsealed

I've been told to present my birth certificate (thankfully it has the original 1993) and a drivers license/international passport, both of which must have 1993 in order to effect the change.

In the mean time my access bank account has been blocked, but at least my gtb account where I did the Bvn is still working cheesy

Issues: can't find my drivers license
An error is also in my voters card undecided undecided
Bottom line: no relevant means of identification

I'd have to get a drivers license within the next two weeks, so it can be updated as soon as possible, as I'd soon go for service and wouldn't want it to affect my alawee...

The evil that men do though undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by engineerjimmy: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2016
Well if they don't rectify your problem,I will advise you guys to withdraw all your money in the account that is working for now,then go to the other bank,change your normal bank account date of birth to the one you used to register your bvn,so you can do your transaction for now.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Lovelynature(m): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
I'm equally worried about same issue of BVN. I want to change my account name so as to link my two accounts as I used different surnames(father's and grandfather's name) for both accounts. Now I want change the name I used for BVN and maintain only one surname, but I'm afraid if bank can change both my account and BVN name. I don't want my money to be at stake with all these BVN issues
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by engineerjimmy: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
Lovelynature:
I'm equally worried about same issue of BVN. I want to change my account name so as to link my two accounts as I used different surnames(father's and grandfather's name) for both accounts. Now I want change the name I used for BVN and maintain only one surname, but I'm afraid if bank can change both my account and BVN name. I don't want my money to be at stake with all these BVN issues

Just go to the bank where you want the name to be rectified,go with an affidavit to swear your real surname,the bank will help you rectify it,its bank issue and not bvn issue. Cheers
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Lovelynature(m): 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
engineerjimmy:

Just go to the bank where you want the name to be rectified,go with an affidavit to swear your real surname,the bank will help you rectify it,its bank issue and not bvn issue. Cheers
Thanks a lot bro. I went there and they said that affidavit alone isn't enough, that I must come with News Paper publication and also write letter to the bank before they can do that for me.

Now I don't know if BVN name can be changed compare to people's issues here. And bank claim that anything related to BVN is what matters most in one's account.

Well, I've sworn the affidavit and also written the letter. It remain just the News Paper publication to meet up with their demands.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by david22uu(m): 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
homesteady:
Today makes it exactly one month since I applied for BVN information correction and it is yet to be rectified.
I did my BVN registration with Access bank and they filled a wrong date of birth. So on trying to link it with my Diamond bank account, I was told it can't be linked because of the different dates of birth.
I went to Access bank, they said I should bring my birth certificate and wait for 7 working days.

It's now one month and it has not been rectified, I still can't withdraw from my account!

Please who went through this kind of issue and how did you go about it.

lalasticlala.

mine took 7 days.. stanbic
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by udemzyudex(m): 12:35am On Feb 24, 2016
Omolola1:
I also have the same problem, but in my case, it's my fault. In 2008, I filled a wrong date of birth in order to open the account because I wasn't up to the required 18 yet. I filled 1990 instead of 1993
Never knew it would come hunting back. I opened an account with Access and did the Bvn linking, but didn't work because of the difference in date of birth.
I went to gtb today to complain (I had initially forgotten I did something like that years ago), until they brought out my form and I saw with my own handwriting 1990 lipsrsealed

I've been told to present my birth certificate (thankfully it has the original 1993) and a drivers license/international passport, both of which must have 1993 in order to effect the change.

In the mean time my access bank account has been blocked, but at least my gtb account where I did the Bvn is still working cheesy

Issues: can't find my drivers license
An error is also in my voters card undecided undecided
Bottom line: no relevant means of identification

I'd have to get a drivers license within the next two weeks, so it can be updated as soon as possible, as I'd soon go for service and wouldn't want it to affect my alawee...

The evil that men do though undecided

No need for driver license since you're going to spend money... There was a mix up in my name, I went there with my voters card but it wasn't accepted cos the month of birth didn't correspond.

Doing a driving licence will take time and money, i went to do my national id card, I collected it that same day cos I was given a paper that I can use anywhere.

I did it on Thursday and Monday it was resolved.

Look for where u can do national id card close to you, I did mine at Alausa, opposite shoprite.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by udemzyudex(m): 12:38am On Feb 24, 2016
Lovelynature:

You will need 2 things, an affidavit, voters card or national id card and the name you want to maintain must be written on both.

Go to the bank and ask how to about it..
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Omolola1(f): 12:54am On Feb 24, 2016
udemzyudex:

No need for driver license since you're going to spend money... There was a mix up in my name, I went there with my voters card but it wasn't accepted cos the month of birth didn't correspond.

Doing a driving licence will take time and money, i went to do my national id card, I collected it that same day cos I was given a paper that I can use anywhere.

I did it on Thursday and Monday it was resolved.

Look for where u can do national id card close to you, I did mine at Alausa, opposite shoprite.

I have the National ID card, problem is there no provision for date of birthon it

2 Likes

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by udemzyudex(m): 6:30am On Feb 24, 2016
Omolola1:

I have the National ID card, problem is there no provision for date of birthon it

It doesn't mean, there was no provision for date of birth on mine too cos I was given the paper own, they collected it and scan it for me...

I wasn't given the plastic one, so the paper own can be use anywhere in place of the plastic own...

1 Like

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Lovelynature(m): 7:12am On Feb 24, 2016
udemzyudex:

You will need 2 things, an affidavit, voters card or national id card and the name you want to maintain must be written on both.

Go to the bank and ask how to about it..
Thanks a lot man.

But I don't have any of the id cards bearing the surname I want to maintain. Please is there any easier way one can get any of the cards? I know it's quite tough getting them in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by udemzyudex(m): 8:18am On Feb 24, 2016
Lovelynature:
Thanks a lot man.

But I don't have any of the id cards bearing the surname I want to maintain. Please is there any easier way one can get any of the cards? I know it's quite tough getting them in Nigeria

look for where to do your ID card,its free...you will be given a paper to use for the main time ,your real name will be written on it(the name you want to change to)

search on google for the nearst national ID card centre close to you,its free... if you go early,you will get it that same day.

if you want to do,make sure you use the name you want to maintain...

1 Like

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Lovelynature(m): 9:31am On Feb 24, 2016
udemzyudex:

look for where to do your ID card,its free...you will be given a paper to use for the main time ,your real name will be written on it(the name you want to change to)

search on google for the nearst national ID card centre close to you,its free... if you go early,you will get it that same day.

if you want to do,make sure you use the name you want to maintain...
wow bro thank you so much
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Omolola1(f): 9:35am On Feb 24, 2016
udemzyudex:

It doesn't mean, there was no provision for date of birth on mine too cos I was given the paper own, they collected it and scan it for me...

I wasn't given the plastic one, so the paper own can be use anywhere in place of the plastic own...

Oh okay...I would do it today then
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Beckytee(f): 11:15am On May 25, 2016
tomisinobm:
how did u knw its been done? Cos I just did mine
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by tomisinobm(m): 2:39pm On May 25, 2016
Beckytee:
how did u knw its been done? Cos I just did mine

I cant remember. But they should give you a time frame. Then also try searching google, theres a code you can use to check your bvn number using the line you used to register for your bvn. It cost N10 though.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by sasquareT(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2016
Lovelynature:
Thanks a lot bro. I went there and they said that affidavit alone isn't enough, that I must come with News Paper publication and also write letter to the bank before they can do that for me.

Now I don't know if BVN name can be changed compare to people's issues here. And bank claim that anything related to BVN is what matters most in one's account.

Well, I've sworn the affidavit and also written the letter. It remain just the News Paper publication to meet up with their demands.
I'm having d same problem with you...has it been rectify yet?
if yes how long does it take? and I will like to see a copy of d letter u wrote to d bank..
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Lovelynature(m): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
sasquareT:

I'm having d same problem with you...has it been rectify yet?
if yes how long does it take? and I will like to see a copy of d letter u wrote to d bank..
Not yet bro. I'm still using the old name as that's not my priority now. I'll be considering that soon when I get a valid ID Card with the new name.

What effort have you made so far regarding your decision?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by lodphil(m): 12:40am On Jul 05, 2016
Am also having the same problem.My BVN date of birth and name are both wrong,though have sworn affidavit and also gotten a drivers license,but don't know whether both can be used to correct the mistakes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / 7 Easy-to-do Online Jobs You Can Do From Home / Is POS Business Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.