Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. (27043 Views)

Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / "We Will Take Bribes Like Police" - FRSC Officials Threaten FG / Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by PhockPhockMan: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2016
[size=14pt]
• As Metuh’s office denies N1.4bn or N4m monthly from Dasuki
[/size]

Northern youths yes­terday protested the continued incarcer­ation of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesman, Olisa Metuh at the Econom­ic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) head­quarters.

The youths under the aegis of Northern Youth Network (NYN) threatened to sue the Federal Govern­ment if the EFCC does not charge Metuh to court or release him within 48 hours.

Displaying a banner with the inscription “a solidarity protest for our democracy. President Muhammadu Buhari should allow de­mocracy to stay. A call for immediate release of Chief Olisa Metuh, the mouth­piece of Nigeria construc­tive opposition party,” the group said President Bu­hari should be fair enough to invite All Progressives Congress (APC) members like Bola Tinubu and others alleged to have funded his campaigns.

Speaking on behalf of the group, NYN President, Comrade Mike Msuaan, said though they were in support of Buhari’s fight against insurgency, Buhari’s government should know that no nation thrives with­out constructive criticism from the opposition.

Msuaan explained that the group is not partisan neither does it belong to any political party, adding that the position of the group is to fight against violation of human rights.

He said that the contin­ued incarceration of Metuh and other people in EFCC custody is a violation of their right, calling on the anti-graft agency to take them to court as EFCC is not a court of law.

He said APC should know that it was in opposition be­fore and PDP allowed it to operate, adding that there is nowhere in the world a rul­ing party can deliver on its campaign promises unless prompted by opposition.

He said: “When you ar­rest, charge to court. We urge the Federal Govern­ment to charge Metuh to court within 48 hours. We will not accept if anything happens to him in deten­tion.”

Meanwhile, the office of the PDP National Publicity Secretary has noted certain apparently sponsored re­ports in some section of the media dropping figures and falsely claiming that Metuh got the sum of N1.4 billion in addition to receiving N4 million monthly stipend from the Office of the for­mer National Security Ad­viser.

Metuh, in a statement by his Special Assistant, Rich­ard Ihediwa said the reports were completely false, mis­chievous and fabricated to mislead the public and derail the course of proper investigation on issues relat­ing to Metuh.

The office said: “For the avoidance of doubt, neither Chief Metuh nor his office received the figures be­ing bandied. We therefore challenge the EFCC to sub­stantiate that Chief Metuh received the said N1.4 bil­lion figure as well as make public any evidence that he ever received N4 million monthly stipend from the Office of the National Secu­rity Adviser.

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/01/Northern-youths-protest-over-Metuh-s-detention-threaten-FG-/

10 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Ellidude(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2016
Things are getting really messy in Nigeria.
Buhari should please act along the line of democracy.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by OgbeifunErom: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2016
An IPOB newspaper owned by Uba making noise as usual. This is IPOB's only weapon- Noise

A group that is made up of one member- Mike Msuaan is what Authority Newspaper is classifying as Northern Youths? Mike Msuaan is a well known political beggar, just the other day, he went on a visit to Lamido, yet he supports APC's George Akume online and worships El Rufai on Facebook. A man who is nearly 50 and claiming to be a Youth. He finished from Adeyemi College in 1989. He has not achieved anything in life so he is desperately looking for a breakthrough.

These IPOB newspapers and wailers can cry as loud as they want but Buhari will rule this country back to back till 2023 as long as he hunting down corrupt animals like rats and doing an OK job in the economy.

Metuh is a goat and he ate Nigeria's yam, he must vomit the Yam - it is simple logic. I dont know why IPOB Youths dont get it

God bless Buhari

God Bless Nigeria

157 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2016
lol... Laughing seriously at 'Northern youths' grin grin

Anyway I could vividly remember how nurse metuh was directly threatening our amiable president on PDP propaganda station(AIT) . Silly metuh thought issuing threats up and down at our amiable president could safe his dingy stealing _ass from going to jail. Irritating metuh was so foolish to ever think buhari's anti-corruption hammer won't get to him.

FFK the man with the bigmouth and fish brain, your turn is coming very soon...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2016
Ellidude:
Now you people all remembered democracy. When those PDP looters were busy looting, nobody remembered democracy then. Hmmm, what am I smelling? Hypocrisy I guess

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Demmocrats(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2016
Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by politricks: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Northern youth network is a paid PDP group check for confirmation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pdpnigeria/status/675278663621984256

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Mack3N: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2016
Maybe northern youths are ipob touts too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by PhockPhockMan: 11:58am On Jan 09, 2016
Ellidude:

Buhari is leading this nation to point of no return.

Ishilove, lalasticlala.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Ellidude(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Now you people all remembered democracy. When those PDP looters were busy looting, nobody remembered democracy then. Hmmm, what am I smelling? Hypocrisy I guess
I never recalled me telling you, that I was a PDP supporter.

30 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by PhockPhockMan: 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
An IPOB newspaper owned by Uba making noise as usual. This is IPOB's only weapon- Noise

A group that is made up of one member- Mike Msuaan is what Authority Newspaper is classifying as Northern Youths? Mike Msuaan is a well known political beggar, just the other day, he went on a visit to Lamido, yet he supports APC's George Akume online and worships El Rufai on Facebook. A man who is nearly 50 and claiming to be a Youth. He finished from Adeyemi College in 1989. He has not achieved anything in life so he is desperately looking for a breakthrough.

These IPOB newspapers and wailers can cry as loud as they want but Buhari will rule this country back to back till 2023 as long as he hunting down corrupt animals like rats and doing an OK job in the economy.

God bless Buhari

God Bless Nigeria

TRASH.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Kastonkastroll(m): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ellidude:
I never recalled me telling you, that I was a PDP supporter.
You don't have to tell me that but as long as you support corruption and impunity plus gross stupidity, you are not different from the numerous PDP fanatics who support corrupt leaders.

30 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by politricks: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Ishilove, lalasticlala.
And Dasuki led us to the point of maximum return.

22 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by OgbeifunErom: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

TRASH.

You can say thrash as much as u want. That is what IPOB youths are known for.

Can you dispute anything in my post? No

Una go cry tire till 2023.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by babyfaceafrica: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
NortHern youths ke?...seems lik ipod and pdp newspaper

3 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by cephaswizzy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

God bless Buhari

God Bless Nigeria
Person go talk thrash finish come use God bless buhari and God bless Nigeria get likes. grin grin

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Kastonkastroll(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
[s]
PhockPhockMan:

Ishilove, lalasticlala.
[/s] Buhari is rebranding this nation from a bruised, crippled and almost dead country to a new Nigeria that your grandchildren will be so proud to call their country.

Your silliness is back to back sha...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by allthingsgood: 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
This is definitely a scam post or scam northern youth. Mtschew

Wia is d pishures of the protest Smh

8 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by OgbeifunErom: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
cephaswizzy:

Person go talk thrash finish come use God bless buhari and God bless Nigeria get likes. grin grin

It is thrash when you cannot pinpoint any specific thrash in my post

Stop being an IPOB youth and accept that Buhari will be your president till 2023. I know it is so painful for you but there is nothing Ipob Youths can do about it.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by PhockPhockMan: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
[s][/s] Buhari is rebranding this nation from a bruised, crippled and almost dead country to a new Nigeria that your grandchildren will be so proud to call their country.

Your silliness is back to back sha...
Yeah, rebranding the country from democratic to autocratic nation abi?

Time Shall tell.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Firefire(m): 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
You see...
Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by omenka(m): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
lol... Laughing seriously at 'Northern youths' grin grin

Anyway I could vividly remember how nurse metuh was directly threatening our amiable president on PDP propaganda station(AIT) . Silly metuh thought issuing threats up and down at our amiable president could safe his dingy stealing _ass from going to jail. Irritating metuh was so foolish to ever think buhari's anti-corruption hammer won't get to him.

FFK the man with the bigmouth and fish brain, your turn is coming very soon...
Ifeanyi Uba's propaganda medium reporting to us "life and direct" [in Dilector's voice] from Aba. cheesy

And for those bigoted fellows: when the protesters are in favour of an IPODian, they are "Northern Youths"

When the same group of people protest in favour of Baba, they are "Ab¤kis" or "almajeris".

What a bunch of sore losers. cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Ellidude(m): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
You don't have to tell me that but as long as you support corruption and impunity plus gross stupidity, you are not different from the numerous PDP fanatics who support corrupt leaders.
Sorry, but how does

"Things are getting really messy in Nigeria.
Buhari should please act along the line of democracy." opinion support your claims?

Let's not always be quick to insult others when they give their honest opinions.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by dustmalik: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
politricks:
Northern youth network is a paid PDP group check for confirmation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pdpnigeria/status/675278663621984256
Don't mind the PDP IPOD touts. They can only deceive themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by PhockPhockMan: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
omenka:
Ifeanyi Uba's propaganda medium reporting to us "life and direct" [in Dilector's voice] from Aba. cheesy

And for those bigoted fellows: when the protesters are in favour of an IPODian, they are "Northern Youths"

When the same group of people protest in favour of Baba, they are "Ab¤kis" or "almajeris".

What a bunch of sore losers. cheesy

You always claim to be intelligent, while reverse is the case.
What concerned Ifeanyi Uba with the content of the news?
You jump at every trash pulled out from The Nation, Sahara Reporters, Leadership news papers to showcase your bigotry and hatred for Wise men from East .
You don't believe this news, but if it's news about Igbos flirting around Buhari like Mbaka........

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by fulanimafia: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
Sorry but you're engaging with an enlightened audience.

The Autograph is well known to be owned by Ifeanyi Uba so you can fool no one here.

If the source was IgbereTV probably it would even have had a bit more credibility grin

PhockPhockMan:

You jump at every trash pulled out from The Nation, Sahara Reporters, Leadership news papers to showcase your bigotry and hatred for Wise men from East .
You don't believe this news, but if it's news about Igbos flirting around Buhari like Mbaka........

9 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by omenka(m): 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Rattle your head again and rewrite the nonsense you put up there. Did I say what is written is a "LIE"

This is the reason I keep saying most of you are simply too ignorant to be engaged. I'm sure 99% of you people who keep using the word "propaganda" don't even know what the hell it means. You feel "propaganda" means "LIE".

Please do yourself a favour, google the word and see its meaning and usage.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Youngzedd(m): 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
They have been given peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by ademoladeji(m): 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
Drama Drama Drama

This reminds me of how some #NorthernYouths on a Monday morning came for a rally in Abuja when Nuhu Ribadu performed the act of Jumpology from CAN to PDP...

I then looked at them thinking about what they do for a living, why aint they in school....

I think NigerianYouth is over-hyped... We need absolute orientation on how to be integrated into the running of the affairs of a Nation n not protesting for some OLD CARGOS...

#PaidNorthernYouths

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by Dottore: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by changingtimes(m): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
These ones are northern pdp youth
Re: Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. by hotswagg12: 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
FG should charge him to court or release him from detention. Besides we need opposition to check mate the present government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#BenueSouthDecides: Benue-South Senatorial Re-run Elections – LIVE UPDATES / Tompolo's Supporters Celebrate His 45th Birthday - Photos / Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.