Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) (19872 Views)

Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / Northern Youths Protest Over Metuh's Detention, Threaten FG. / Anambra Protest: Another Lie Exposed!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by sixtuschimere: 8:45am On Jan 12, 2016
Youths drawn from all the 326 wards and 21 councils of Anambra state went in a peaceful demonstration at the PDP state headquarters.

The atmosphere has remained tense daily at the Anambra state Secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), since the news of the arrest and detention of Chief Olisa Metuh circulated.

The pictures here show members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Youth wing drawn from all the 326 wards and 21 councils of Anambra state in a peaceful demonstration at the party’s state headquarters in Awka on Thursday, Jan 7, 2016.

They carried placards critical of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led Federal Government’s seeming systematic incarceration of key vocal Igbo sons under various guises, especially PDP spokesman, Chief Olisa Metuh and the IPOB’s Dr Nnamdi Kanu.

They threatened to continue the protests and sit-in daily until they are set free unconditionally.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/01/demonstrations-rock-awka-over-metuhs.html

2 Likes

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by sixtuschimere: 8:46am On Jan 12, 2016
Another pic

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by HungerBAD: 8:47am On Jan 12, 2016
Laughing real hard.

What about them holding a banner saying METUH RETURN THE MONEY BACK. And just as we saw them in Kanu's time, another RENT-A-CROWD jobless banner carriers looking for food.

They should take this protest and banners to Abuja, and lets see if their families can raise the money to bail them from where they get locked up in.

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 12, 2016
TERRIBLE

Since when did fighting corruption become a bad thing?

I can bet that everyone in that pics received nothing less than 1k each.

If I was President of this country, a new word aside tyranny and dictatorship will be ascribed to me.

So if Metuh the National thief refused to eat what will Adamu the local thief do?

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by lanrehamd: 8:51am On Jan 12, 2016
wen ur brother Metu is a criminal. Rabbish.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by carinmom(f): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2016
These people are just jobless. When your brother was eating our yam did you caution him Now that he is being made to pay for the crime he committed you people are now crying wolf. These jobless peeps should take a cue from the north where nobody is willing to waste his/her time protesting over these thieves.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by olafirstt: 9:02am On Jan 12, 2016
Instead of dem to protest against metu to release d money in his hand (awon eranko)

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by alcmene: 9:04am On Jan 12, 2016
They are not protesting his arrest but his continued detention without trial.

When will Nigerians quit bad belle and hypocritical comments in the name of tribal comments.

The judiciary has been emasculated hence the action of EFCC that now arrest and squeeze out imaginary looted funds their own way without recourse to court process.

The era of tyranny and military high-handedness is back for sure

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by asha80(m): 9:07am On Jan 12, 2016
Funny rented crowd..my brother indeed

5 Likes

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by PentiumPro(f): 9:07am On Jan 12, 2016
SMH undecided
Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by onoikenna: 9:32am On Jan 12, 2016
Yeye peopl

6 Likes

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by hollermeelaycon(m): 10:20am On Jan 12, 2016
buffons or boffoons wch shud i regard dem as? D money dt thief benefitted frm Dasukigate shii wud do sumfn for d good ppl of nija, n nw some fools wud come here n start ranting abt ryt, u've lost evry sane rights wen u collabo in embezzling our national income. so i say to doze fools criticizing wivout a deep thot dt d fool Metuh does nt av any ryt n wud nt enjoy any same goes to oda looters. Awon oloshi

2 Likes

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by Slikbae: 10:20am On Jan 12, 2016
lol... Biafra is to protest like bread is to butter.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by coolitempa(f): 10:26am On Jan 12, 2016
grin grin grin...I said it in another thread....that when those Ibos who partook in eating our yams are being apprehended....the SE will be the only ones to protest their arrest... grin...so predictable... cheesy

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by morbeta(m): 10:34am On Jan 12, 2016
Just one word.........Miscreants!!!

4 Likes

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by amaechi1: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2016
Shameless people. Instead of them to be protesting that Metu should give them their share they are ranting around.

How many times have they protested for the release of innocent ordinary nigerians who has been on awaiting trials for years, they are here ranting. Anyway, man must wak!

11 Likes

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by smemud(m): 11:33am On Jan 12, 2016
naija police they dull, abeg tear gas them jare

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 12, 2016
he must not be released cos these thiefs made the rules and formulated the law so they could eventually hide under it when they are brought to book. he either goes to jail or provide the money cos there are over 2million people in the IDP with no sight if hope for tomao. Bunch of thiefs that bent the law to conform to their need. OLISAH THIEF. Shame on them all

space booked

3 Likes

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by SUBWAY101(m): 11:43am On Jan 12, 2016
See wetin eboes don turn to. Lmaooooo

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by obyrich(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2016
I am pro-PDP. However, I endorse 100% the fight against corruption as championed by APC. Clearly these are hungry students rallied round and given tips and placards by Metuh's loyalist to demonstrate against his detention. They should ask Metuh to return the loot or rot in gaol.
I am waiting for when the anti-corruption hawk will pick up Jim Nwobodo. After all, how much did Nwobodo 'stole'? grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by obyrich(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2016
coolitempa:
grin grin grin...I said it in another thread....that when those Ibos who partook in eating our yams are being apprehended....the SE will be the only ones to protest their arrest... grin...so predictable... cheesy
Hasty generalisation is your undoing. I am Igbo. Line up the Igbo looters and give me a slegde hammer and see if their brains will not splatter all over your face.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by opwa4us(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2016
Lol. Its sad how people are loosing there brain on a daily basis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2016
alcmene:
They are not protesting his arrest but his continued detention without trial.

When will Nigerians quit bad belle and hypocritical comments in the name of tribal comments.

The judiciary has been emasculated hence the action of EFCC that now arrest and squeeze out imaginary looted funds their own way without recourse to court process.

The era of tyranny and military high-handedness is back for sure
how come that, of all d tribes in this country its only d ibos who ve so far felt most the pain of this series of detention without trial? Hausas ve been arrest, there was no protest! Yoruba arrested arrested, nobdy protested! SS pple arrested, nbdy protested! Why only ibos? I guess its another marginalisation.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2016
This shameless protesters should quit disgracing the Igbo nation.

This are the people you will give 500 to 1k and they will do your biding .

Where is BloodyKiller sef? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by princdebola201(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2016
Useless tribe

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:59am On Jan 12, 2016
obyrich:
Hasty generalisation is your undoing. I am Igbo. Line up the Igbo looters and give me a slegde hammer and see if their brains will not splatter all over your face.
Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhahahahaah! U re funny bro! I can't stop laughing! But trut be told, ibos are fast making themselves known for sometin else!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by chinchum(m): 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Nitwits, your "brother" corners hundreds of millions, enjoying his loot with his wife and children, while you labour in vain with next to nothing as reward.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
Where is Lalasticlala?
Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by olapluto(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
400 million naira stolen.
Banner: 5,000
Rented Youths : 100,000 max
Logistics: 95,000 max.
Total: 200,000 naira out of 400 million.
The rented youths working for just 0.5% of what Metuh stole. The future of Nigeria is bleak.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by alcmene: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
how come that, of all d tribes in this country its only d ibos who ve so far felt most the pain of this series of detention without trial? Hausas ve been arrest, there was no protest! Yoruba arrested arrested, nobdy protested! SS pple arrested, nbdy protested! Why only ibos? I guess its another marginalisation.

That other tribes caress and cherish illegality and gross human right violation does not mean others should follow suit. Or you expect the Igbos to emulate a certain tribe that betrayed Abiola and watched from afar as he gave up the ghost in detention undecided

Nobody is against the arrest of anybody but the accused human right should not be violated in whatever guise

The onus of proof always lie with the accuser so the EFCC should charge him to court and stop the continued detention

6 Likes

Re: Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
alcmene:

That other tribes caress and cherish illegality and gross human right violation does not mean others should follow suit. Or you expect the Igbos to emulate a certain tribe that betrayed Abiola and watched from afar as he gave up the ghost in detention undecided

Nobody is against the arrest of anybody but the accused human right should not be violated in whatever guise

The onus of proof always lie with the accuser so the EFCC should charge him to court and stop the continued detention

angry

41 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kogi Government Declares Monday Public Holiday To Pray For Buhari As He Returns / Benjamin Kalu: Nigerian Legislature Poorest In The World / Peter Obi At The Palace Of HRH Da. Jacob Gyang Buba In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.