Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2430 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim / The Gospel Of Barnabas And The Ahmadiyya Sect Of I.s.l.a.m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
For the benefit of my brothers and sisters

Compiled by ABUZOLA

Chapter 214 Having gone forth from the house, Jesus retired into the garden to pray, according as his custom was to pray, bowing his knees an hundred times and prostrating himself upon his face. Judas, accordingly, knowing the place where Jesus was with his disciples, went to the high priest, and said: "If you will give me what was promised, this night will I give into your hand Jesus whom you seek; for he is alone with eleven companions." The high priest answered: "How much do you seek?" Judas said, "Thirty pieces of gold."

Then straightway the high priest counted to him the money, and sent a Pharisee to the governor to fetch soldiers, and to Herod, and they gave a legion of them, because they feared the people; wherefore they took their arms, and with torches and lanterns upon staves went out of Jerusalem.

Chapter 215 When the soldiers with Judas drew near to the place where Jesus was, Jesus heard the approach of many people, wherefore in fear he withdrew into the house. And the eleven were sleeping. Then God, seeing the danger of his servant, commanded Gabriel;, Michael;, Rafael;, and Uriel, his ministers, to take Jesus out of the world. The holy angels came and took Jesus out by the window that looks toward the South;. They bare him and placed him in the third heaven in the company of angels blessing God for evermore

216 Judas entered impetuously before all into the chamber whence Jesus had been taken up. And the disciples were sleeping. Whereupon the wonderful God acted wonderfully, insomuch that Judas was so changed in speech and in face to be like Jesus that we believed him to be Jesus. And he, having awakened us, was seeking where the Master was. Whereupon we marvelled, and answered: 'You, Lord, are our master; have you now forgotten us?'

And he, smiling, said: 'Now are you foolish, that know not me to be Judas Iscariot!' And as he was saying this the soldiery entered, and laid their hands upon Judas, because he was in every way like to Jesus. We having heard Judas' saying, and seeing the multitude of soldiers, fled as beside ourselves. And John, who was wrapped in a linen cloth, awoke and fled, and when a soldier seized him by the linen cloth he left the linen cloth and fled naked. For God heard the prayer of Jesus, and saved the eleven from evil.

217 The soldiers took Judas ;and bound him, not without derision. For he truthfully denied that he was Jesus; and the soldiers, mocking him, said: 'Sir, fear not, for we are come to make you king of Israel, and we have bound you because we know that you do refuse the kingdom.' Judas answered: 'Now have you lost your senses! You are come to take Jesus of Nazareth;, with arms and lanterns as [against] a robber; and you have bound me that have guided you, to make me king!'
Then the soldiers lost their patience, and with blows and kicks they began to flout Judas, and they led him with fury into Jerusalem. John ;and Peter ;followed the soldiers afar off; and they affirmed to him who writes that they saw all the examination that was made of Judas by the high priest, and by the council of the Pharisees, who were assembled to put Jesus to death. Whereupon Judas spoke many words of madness, insomuch that every one was filled with laughter, believing that he was really Jesus, and that for fear of death he was feigning madness. Whereupon the scribes bound his eyes with a bandage, and mocking him said: 'Jesus, prophet of the Nazarenes ;(for so they called them who believed in Jesus), 'tell us, who was it that smote you?' And they buffeted him and spat in his face.

When it was morning there assembled the great council of scribes and elders of the people; and the high priest with the Pharisees sought false witness against Judas, believing him to be Jesus: and they found not that which they sought. And why say I that the chief priests believed Judas to be Jesus? No all the disciples, with him who writes, believed it; and more, the poor Virgin mother of Jesus, with his kinsfolk and friends, believed it, insomuch that the sorrow of every one was incredible.

As God lives, he who writes forgot all that Jesus had said: how that he should be taken up from the world, and that he should suffer in a third person, and that he should not die until near the end of the world. Wherefore he went with the mother of Jesus and with John to the cross. The high priest caused Judas ;to be brought before him bound, and asked him of his disciples and his doctrine. Whereupon Judas, as though beside himself, answered nothing to the point. The high priest then adjured him by the living God of Israel that he would tell him the truth.

Judas answered: 'I have told you that I am Judas Iscariot, who promised to give into your hands Jesus the Nazarene; and you, by what are I know not, are beside yourselves, for you will have it by every means that I am Jesus.' The high priest answered: 'O perverse seducer, you have deceived all Israel, beginning from Galilee ;even to Jerusalem here, with your doctrine and false miracles: and now think you to flee the merited punishment that befits you by feigning to be mad?

As God lives,' you shall not escape it!' And having said this he commanded his servants to smite him with buffetings and kicks, so that his understanding might come back into his head. The derision which he then suffered at the hands of the high priest's servants is past belief. For they zealously devised new inventions to give pleasure to the council. So they attired him as a juggler, and so treated him with hands and feet that it would have moved the very Canaanites to compassion if they had beheld that sight. But the chief priests and Pharisees and elders of the people had their hearts so exasperated against Jesus that, believing Judas to be really Jesus, they took delight in seeing him so treated.

Afterwards they led him bound to the governor, who secretly loved Jesus. Whereupon he, thinking that Judas was Jesus, made him enter into his chamber, and spoke to him, asking him for what cause the chief priests and the people had given him into his hands. Judas answered: 'If I tell you the truth, you will not believe me; for perhaps you are deceived as the (chief) priests and the Pharisees are deceived.'

The governor answered (thinking that he wished to speak concerning the Law): 'Now know you not that I am not a Jew? but the (chief) priests and the elders of your people have given you into my hand; wherefore tell us the truth, wherefore I may do what is just. For I have power to set you free and to put you to death.' Judas answered: 'Sir, believe me, if you put me to death, you shall do a great wrong, for you shall slay an innocent person; seeing that I am Judas ;Iscariot, and not Jesus, who is a magician, and by his are has so transformed me.'

When he heard this the governor marvelled greatly, so that he sought to set him at liberty. The governor therefore went out, and smiling said: 'In the one case, at least, this man is not worthy of death, but rather of compassion.' 'This man says,' said the governor, 'that he is not Jesus, but a certain Judas who guided the soldiery to take Jesus, and he says that Jesus the Galilean has by his are magic so transformed him. Wherefore, if this be true, it were a great wrong to kill him, seeing that he were innocent. But if he is Jesus and denies that he is, assuredly he has lost his understanding, and it were impious to slay a madman.'

Then the chief priests and elders of the people, with the scribes and Pharisees, cried out with shouts, saying: 'He is Jesus of Nazareth;, for we know him; for if he were not the malefactor we would not have given him into your hands. Nor is he mad; but rather malignant, for with this device he seeks to escape from our hands, and the sedition that he would stir up if he should escape would be worse than the former.' Pilate (of such was the governor's name), in order to rid himself of such a case, said: 'He is a Galilean, and Herod is king of Galilee: wherefore it pertains not to me to judge such a case, so take you him to Herod.'

Accordingly they led Judas to Herod, who of a long time had desired that Jesus should go to his house. But Jesus had never been willing to go to his house, because Herod was a Gentile, and adored the false and lying gods, living after the manner of the unclean Gentiles. Now when Judas had been led thither, Herod asked him of many things, to which Judas gave answers not to the purpose, denying that he was Jesus. Then Herod mocked him, with all his court, and caused him to be clad in white as the fools are clad;, and sent him back to Pilate, saying to him, 'Do not fail in justice to the people of Israel!' * And this Herod wrote, because the chief priests and scribes and the Pharisees had given him a good quantity of money. The governor having heard that this was so from a servant of Herod, in order that he also might gain some money, feigned that he desired to set Judas at liberty.

Whereupon he caused him to be scourged by his slaves, who were paid by the scribes to slay him under the scourges. But God, who had decreed the issue, reserved Judas for the cross, in order that he might suffer that horrible death to which he had sold another. He did not suffer Judas to die under the scourges, notwithstanding that the soldiers scourged him so grievously that his body rained blood. Thereupon, in mockery they clad him in an old purple garment;, saying: 'It is fitting to our new king to clothe him and crown him': so they gathered thorns and made a crown, like those of gold and precious stones which kings wear on their heads. And this crown of thorns they placed upon Judas' head, putting in his hand a reed for sceptre;, and they made him sit in a high place.

And the soldiers came before him, bowing down in mockery, saluting him as King of the Jews. And they held out their hands to receive gifts, such as new kings are accustomed to give; and receiving nothing they smote Judas, saying: 'Now, how are you crowned, foolish king, if you will not pay your soldiers and servants?' *The chief priests with the scribes and Pharisees, seeing that Judas died not by the scourges, and fearing lest Pilate should set him at liberty, made a gift of money to the governor, who having received it gave Judas to the scribes and Pharisees as guilty to death. Whereupon they condemned two robbers with him to the death of the cross.

So they led him to Mount Calvary, where they used to hang malefactors, and there they crucified him naked;, for the greater ignominy. *Judas truly did nothing else but cry out: 'God, why have you forsaken me, seeing the malefactor has escaped and I die unjustly?' *Truly I say that the voice, the face, and the person of Judas were so like to Jesus, that his disciples and believers entirely believed that he was Jesus; wherefore some departed from the doctrine of Jesus, believing that Jesus had been a false prophet, and that by art magic he had done the miracles which he did: for Jesus had said that he should not die till near the end of the world; for that at that time he should be taken away from the world.

But they that stood firm in the doctrine of Jesus were so encompassed with sorrow, seeing him die who was entirely like to Jesus, that they remembered not what Jesus had said. And so in company with the mother of Jesus they went to Mount Calvary, and were not only present at the death of Judas, weeping continually, but by means of Nicodemus and Joseph of Abarimathia; they obtained from the governor the body of Judas to bury it. Whereupon, they took him down from the cross with such weeping as assuredly no one would believe, and buried him in the new sepulchre of Joseph; having wrapped him up in an hundred pounds of precious ointments

218 Then returned each man to his house. He who writes, with John and James his brother, went with the mother of Jesus; to Nazareth.

Those disciples who did not fear God went by night [and] stole the body of Judas and hid it, spreading a report that Jesus was risen again; whence great confusion arose. The high priest then commanded, under pain of anathema;, that no one should talk of Jesus of Nazareth;. And so there arose a great persecution, and many were stoned and many beaten, and many banished from the land, because they could not hold their peace on such a matter.

The news reached Nazareth how that Jesus, their fellow citizen, having died on the cross was risen again. Whereupon, he that writes; prayed the mother of Jesus; that she would be pleased to leave off weeping, because her son was risen again. Hearing this, the Virgin Mary, weeping, said: 'Let us go to Jerusalem to find my son. I shall die content when I have seen him.'

The Virgin returned to Jerusalem with him who writes, and James and John, on that day on which the decree of the high priest went forth. Whereupon, the Virgin, who feared God, albeit she knew the decree of the high priest to be unjust, commanded those who dwelt with her to forget her son. Then how each one was affected! God who discerns the heart of men knows that between grief at the death of Judas whom we believed to be Jesus our master, and the desire to see him risen again, we, with the mother of Jesus, were consumed.
So the angels that were guardians of Mary ascended to the third heaven;, where Jesus was in the company of angels, and recounted all to him. Wherefore Jesus prayed God that he would give him power to see his mother and his disciples. Then the merciful God commanded his four favourite angels, who are Michael, Gabriel, Rafael;, and Uriel, to bear Jesus into his mother's house, and there keep watch over him for three days continually, suffering him only to be seen by them that believed in his doctrine.

Jesus came, surrounded with splendour, to the room where abode Mary the Virgin with her two sisters, and Martha and Mary Magdalen, and Lazarus, and him who writes, and John and James and Peter. Whereupon, through fear they fell as dead. And Jesus lifted up his mother and the others from the ground, saying: 'Fear not, for I am Jesus; and weep not, for I am alive and not dead.' They remained every one for a long time beside himself at the presence of Jesus, for they altogether believed that Jesus was dead. Then the Virgin, weeping, said: 'Tell me, my son, wherefore God, having given you power to raise the dead. suffered you to die, to the shame of your kinsfolk and friends, and to the shame of your doctrine? For every one that loves you has been as dead.'

220 Jesus replied, embracing his mother: 'Believe me, mother, for truly I say to you that I have not been dead at all; for God has reserved me till near the end of the world.' And having said this he prayed the four angels that they would manifest themselves, and give testimony how the matter had passed.

Thereupon the angels manifested themselves like four shining suns, insomuch that through fear every one again fell down as dead. Then Jesus gave four linen cloths to the angels that they might cover themselves, in order that they might be seen and heard to speak by his mother and her companions. And having lifted up each one, he comforted them, saying: 'These are the ministers of God: Gabriel, who announces God's secrets; Michael, who fights against God's enemies; Rafael, who receives the souls of them that die; and Uriel, who will call every one to the judgment of God at the last day. Then the four angels narrated to the Virgin how God had sent for Jesus, and had transformed Judas, that he might suffer the punishment to which he had sold another.

Then said he who writes: 'O Master, is it lawful for me to question you now, as it was lawful for me when you dwelt with us?' Jesus answered: 'Ask what you please, Barnabas, and I will answer you.' Then said he who writes: 'O Master, seeing that God is merciful, wherefore has he so tormented us, making us to believe that you were dead? and your mother has so wept for you that she has been near to death; and you, who are an holy one of God, on you has God suffered to fall the calumny that you were slain amongst robbers ;on the Mount Calvary?'

Jesus answered: 'Believe me, Barnabas, that every sin, however small it be, God punishes with great punishment, seeing that God is offended at sin. Wherefore, since my mother and my faithful disciples that were with me loved me a little with earthly love, the righteous God has willed to punish this love with the present grief, in order that it may not be punished in the flames of hell.

And though I have been innocent in the world, since men have called me "God," and "Son of God," God, in order that I be not mocked of the demons on the day of judgment, has willed that I be mocked of men in this world by the death of Judas;, making all men to believe that I died upon the cross. And this mocking shall continue until the advent of Muhammad, the Messenger of God, who, when he shall come, shall reveal this deception to those who believe in God's Law. Having thus spoken, Jesus said: 'You are just, O Lord our God, because to you only belongs honour and glory without end.'

Jesus turned himself to him who writes, and said: "Barnabas, see that by all means you write my gospel concerning all that has happened through my dwelling in the world. And write in a similar manner that which has befallen Judas, in order that the faithful may be undeceived, and every one may believe the truth." Then answered he who writes: "I will do so, if God wills, O Master; but I do not know what happened to Judas, for I did not see it."

Jesus answered: "Here are John and Peter who saw everything, and they will tell you all that has passed." And then Jesus commanded us to call his faithful disciples [so] that they might see him. So James and John called together the seven disciples with Nicodemus and Joseph, and many others of the seventy-two, and they ate with Jesus.

The third day Jesus said: "Go to the Mount of Olives with my mother, for there I will ascend again to heaven, and you will see who shall bear me up." So they all went there except twenty-five of the seventy-two disciples, who for fear had fled to Damascus. And as they all stood in prayer, at midday Jesus came with a great multitude of angels who were praising God: and the splendour of his face made them greatly afraid and they fell with their faces to the ground. But Jesus lifted them up, comforting them, and saying: "Do not be afraid, I am your master."

And he reproved many who believed that he had died and risen again, saying: "Do you hold me and God for liars? I said to you that God has granted to me to live almost to the end of the world. Truly I say to you, I did not die; it was Judas the traitor. Beware, for Satan will make every effort to deceive you. Be my witnesses in Israel, and throughout the world, of all things that you have heard and seen."

And having said this, he prayed God for the salvation of the faithful, and the conversion of sinners and [then], his prayer ended, he embraced his mother, saying: "Peace be to you, my mother. Rest in God who created you and me." And having said this, he turned to his disciples, saying: "May God's grace and mercy be with you." Then before their eyes the four angels carried him up into heaven.

222 After Jesus had departed, the disciples scattered through the different parts of Israel and of the world, and the truth, hated of Satan, was persecuted, as it always is, by falsehood. For certain evil men, pretending to be disciples, preached that Jesus died and rose not again. Others preached that he really died, but rose again. Others preached, and yet preach, that Jesus is the Son of God, among whom is Paul deceived. But we - as much as I have written - we preach to those that fear God, that they may be saved in the last day of God's Judgment. Amen.

END OF THE GOSPEL
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Horus(m): 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2009

There were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. The Greek word used for Niger is neeg-er, meaning black. The Gospel of Barnabas (photo) is a revelation of truth that was banished from circulation because it contained too many facts about the life and ministry of Jesus. It would have destroyed the Nicean Council's entire basis of the new concocted religion, Christianity.
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2009
:p
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2009
Quran 5;75. The Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddiqah [i.e. she believed in the words of Allah and His Books (see Verse 66:12)]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how We make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by sleek29(m): 8:09am On Oct 05, 2009
Was the original manuscript written in hebrew, aramaic or greek, nope man it was written in latin vulgate, that was a piece written after your so called prophet mo, meaning he didn't even know the book existed, STOP SPREADING LIES MAN.

JESUS IS LORD cool
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 8:33am On Oct 05, 2009
Stop being deceiptive. Why don't you go and do ur findings on 'Epistle of Barnabas', the truth is one so whether you like it or not to Allah is our final return and He will judge us in the matter in which we both use to differ. Cheers. Allah challenge u in suratul Baqarah and An anam that if you know that you are the favourite in God's sight why don't you long for death, no one sees his Lord till he die, Question: How many mujahidun ve sacrificed their life ?

Wamal Hayatul duniya ila mata ul Guru.
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2009
Must islam exist on lies and forgeries? First was the forged revelation which was actually a plagiarisation/twisting of Biblical records, then forged miracles et al.

Must Islam be justified on fake documents?
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2009
Muhammad came to confirm the injjeel while jesus came to confirm the torah, whats ur problem ?
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2009
Then why was mohammed denying the injeel if he was sent to confirm it . . undecided . .
Bunch of lies!
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2009
We muslim believe in the original bible, you yourself know that the modern bible was authored by paul, you will agree with me that jesus never knew this modern bible of yours, yap
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
Okay, send me a copy of the original Bible online.
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2009
Enough of ur pretending. Search yahoo or google
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2009
Which pretension, okay send me the website to get an online copy of the uncorrupted bible mohammed was referring to.
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by noetic15(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
. . . grin grin grin Nezan exposes abuzola's ignorance

FYI: I would also love a copy of the original bible or the website link grin grin grin grin
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2009
Pls take a flight to vatican and stop disturbing me if you can't locate it via google or any search engine
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by noetic15(m): 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

Pls take a flight to vatican and stop disturbing me if you can't locate it via google or any search engine

grin grin grin I would have died of shock. . . if u had produced the missing bible or web link grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2009
Go to Google and search

'Gospel of Barnabas'

now die of shock
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by noetic15(m): 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

Go to Google and search

'Gospel of Barnabas'

now die of shock

when did allah write this book? grin did allah tell u that this is his bible?
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2009
So u haven't die ? You re a disgrace to ur bishop, and don't come asking me absurdity, did ur bishop told you that Allah wrote the Quran ? Wake up mr man
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by noetic15(m): 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola:

So u haven't die ? You re a disgrace to your bishop, and don't come asking me absurdity, did your bishop told you that Allah wrote the Quran ? Wake up mr man

do u self-service on mondays? grin
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2009
Lol.

The man is short of words as usual
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Abuzola, despite the fact that the gospel of barnabbas was a forged document (which I believe you didnt even take time to read), it does not in anyway agrees with islamic theology as you might have wished. Here are the contradictions between "Barnabas" and the Qur'an:

1) the Quran (2:29) says that the Heavens are seven in number,
while "Barnabas" gives the number as nine (178).

2) according to "Barnabas", man is endowed with a free will.
(164). On the contrary, man only does what Allah wills him
to do (Quran - 76:30, 37:96, 17:13, 10:99-100).

3) Adam was not the first man circumcised (23). Abraham was.

4) according to "Barnabas" (3), Mary brought forth her son without
pain. This is contradicted by the Quran (19:23).

5) the Quran follows the Mosaic law of "an eye for an eye, and a
tooth for a tooth", whereas "Barnabas" says ", ye shall not
overcome evil with evil, but rather with good" (81). "Woe unto
them that call for vengeance , " (63). ", kiss the hand of
those who revile thee, and present gifts to those who persecute
thee and strike thee much" (64).

6) the Quran approves of poligamy. "Barnabas" does not tolerate
it (115).

7) the Quran approves of the teaching of abrogation. "Barnabas"
condemns it (38).

cool the Quran condemns eating pork but "Barnabas" says "that which
entereth into the man defileth not the man, but that which
cometh out of the man defileth the man" (32).

9) "Barnabas" totally ignores the existence of the prophet John
the Baptist (Yahya ibn Zakariyya).

10) according to "Barnabas", Jesus expressly denies that he is the
Messiah. In the Quran, the only Messiah is Jesus.

Still, "Barnabas" further compounds his confusion. For while
he has Jesus denying that He is the Messiah, yet, amazingly,
the first words of "Barnabas" following his introductory title,
read:

Barnabas, apostle of Jesus the Nazarene, called Christ ,

According to "Barnabas", then, Jesus is called Christ, but he
is not called Messiah. Despite his obvious familiarity with
the Bible, "Barnabas" does not know that Messiah (Hebrew) and
Christ (Greek) are identical in meaning.
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2009
Internal evidence shows that "Barnabas" was not a contempory
of Jesus:
============================================================

a) In chapter 82, "Barnabas" makes the jubilee a centenary event.
The Jewish jubilee, it will be remembered, was celebrated every
50 years.

b) Quotations from Dante are another evidence proving a late
authorship of this "gospel". They cannot be accidental
coincidences, since they are of great number. Of these I
can mention a verse which is clearly a quotation of Dante:
"they go and serve false and lying gods", which has been
quoted by "Barnabas" in two places (78, 217). The expression,
"raging hunger" (60) is probably another specimen of such a
direct quote.

The description of the joys of paradise and the horrors of
hell, and the pains which the unbelievers suffer in the
latter, recall us to Dante's descriptions of the same.
(Compare "Barnabas" 59 and 60 with lines 22 and 103, Canto
III of Dante's Inferno).

Stranger still is the coincidence between Dante's 'circles'
of hell and those of "Barnabas". "Barnabas" has Jesus saying
to Peter:

Know ye therefore, that hell is one, yet hath seven
centres one below another. Hence, even as sin is of
seven kinds, for as seven gates of hell hath satan
generated it; so are there seven punishments therein.
(135)

This is exactly what Dante says in Canto V, VI, etc. of his
Inferno.

Again, "Barnabas" says that God, having created the human senses,
condemned them "to hell and to intolerable snow and ice" (106).
See Dante's Inferno, Canto XXVIII and III, line 22.

But still stronger evidence that "Barnabas" quotes directly or
indirectly from Dante is his description of the "geography of
Heaven". Here "Barnabas" agrees with Dante and contradicts
the Quran.

c) Traces of Medieval Society

Among the clearest of all these traces are those of the system
of feudalism, which was in full vogue in medieval times.
According to this system land was divided among the different
feudal lords, who in turn subdivided their property into
minor divisions and rented them to vassals who owed them a
perpetual allegiance, above all, in times of war. The writer
of the "Gospel of Barnabas" represents to us Mary, Martha, and
Lazarus as feudal lords, in whose hands was the proprietorship
of whole villages (194).

This is a further description of the vassal who owes to his
liege or padrone a portion of his crop (122). This is quite
in accordance with the laws of feudalism.

The reference to wine-casks is more suggestive of Italy than
of Oriental lands (152).

Another trace is that referring to medieval court procedure
where the arrested prisoner is questioned by a magistrate,
while a notary jots down memoranda of the evidence (121).

The reference to the duel between two rival lovers reminds one
of the age of chivalry (99). It will be remembered that
chivalry was a creation of medieval society and played its
role for a considerable period.

d) Barnabas' ignorance of Palestinian geography and history

"Barnabas" imagines Nazareth, and most probably Jerusalem also,
to be on a sea or lake. "Jesus went to the Sea of Galilee,
and having embarked on a ship sailed to his city of Nazareth"
(20).

"Having arrived at the city of Nazareth the seamen spread
through all the city all that Jesus had wrought" (20). Here
it is clearly meant that immediately on touching land
(Nazareth), the seamen landed and spread their news in that
(seaport) town!

"Barnabas" then says: "Jesus went up to Capernaum" (from
Nazareth) (21). Of course, it is just the reverse. He would
have landed at Capernaum, gone up to Nazareth, and then gone
down to Capernaum.

We are told that one Sabbath morning Jesus came to Nazareth
(143). After several chapters giving his conversation there
(144-151), we read: "Jesus embarked on a ship , (151). This
is further evidence for Barnabas' wrong notion that Nazareth
was on the lake.

There is still more. The ship leaves the port of Nazareth
and sails away. Where do we find Jesus next? At Jerusalem.
In the very next section we read: "Jesus having come to
Jerusalem , " (152). There can be little doubt that as the
ship weighed anchor at Nazareth, so it cast the same at
Jerusalem.

Next we come to some incidents recorded by "Barnabas" which
are historically untenable. There is the story of Daniel, who,
according to "Barnabas" (80), was taken captive by Nebuchadnezer
while he was yet 2 years old. Now if we suppose that Nebuchadnezer
captured Daniel in the first year of his reign, it would follow
that in the second year of his reign, Daniel was three years old.
In this very year, it will be remembered, he was promoted by
Nebuchadnezer to the rank of a ruler "over the whole province of
Babylon". According to "Barnabas" therefore, his age would be
three, at most four years!

"Barnabas" tells us that a great sedition broke out in all Judea
on account of Jesus (91). It is unnecessary to remark that this
incident finds no place in the pages of any historian, whether
Josephus, or any ancient or modern historian. Besides, it is
absurd to believe that 3 armies, numbering 600,000 soldiers, could
gather in the twinkle of an eye and disperse as quickly. And how
can we believe that Herod, an enemy of Christ, would attempt to
quiet a riot which arose on account of Christ?

Stranger is the statement of "Barnabas" that the high priest wished
"to bow himself down and worship Jesus , " (93). The high priest,
it will be remembered, was the chief enemy of Jesus and one of his
accusers who condemned Jesus because Jesus used to convict the high
priests of hypocrisy.

He who is aware of its contents, yet continues to maintain its
integrity and to utilize it as a genuine gospel account of Jesus
at the expense of the Bible, must share in the guilt of the author.

To my mind, looking at the evidence (only a fraction here), It is as
George Sale put it a "bare-faced forgery".
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2009
For indepth study, check this website:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Barnabas/index.html
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2009
As for ur source thank God you yourself indicated that it was anti islam that made those comments, even a mad man don't except them to nod with muslim in unison.

As for the messiah,and contradiction, the error happen during translation, some part of the scripture were erased when discovered due to centuries beneath the ground so they were replace with err, mind you it is only the Quran God promise to guard
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2009
If the site is anti-islam, show how much you know about islam by debunking those claims, abi you dey fear? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2009
I have done that, it must contain descrepancy because the gospel is not Quran and God didn't promise to guard it
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Delusion at its best, abuzola claims the gospel of barnabbas is the uncorrupted bible that mohammed was referring to.

I now showed him descrepancies between gospel of barnabbas and koran, as well as contradictions that led it to be rejected as inspired scripture. abuzola now claim:

I have done that, it must contain descrepancy because the gospel is not Quran and God didn't promise to guard it

So allah's uncorrupted bible now tends to be more corrupted than the Christian Bible which he claim is corrupt.

Delusion shall never end with muslims!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by muhsin(m): 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2009
Nezan:

Delusion shall never end with muslims!

You must be kidding deep inside you, Nezan. You folks are the worst delusionists ever living on earth.
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2009
@nezan, No book is free from err except the Quran not even hadith. The only descrepancy in Gospel of barnabas is 15 and what about the modern bible ? Beyong 500 descrepancy
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Nezan(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2009
you claim the uncorrupted bible is the gospel of barnnabbas, but mohammed didnot plagiarize this book when he was writing the koran, he plagiarised our corrupted bible, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) by Abuzola(m): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
What a confused man,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reading Of Quran During Ramadan / The Calamity Of Thursday - Incident Prior To The Death Of The Greatest Prophet / Christians Sentenced To 80 Lashes By Sharia Court For Communion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.