Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,134 members, 7,842,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) (71162 Views)

CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) / Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce / Okrika Clothes, Gin, Other Goods Recently Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by drehdinho(m): 3:06am On Jan 10, 2016
oduastates:
About time.
You can set up a factory for a lot of the stuffs on that list with less than N20 million.
With millions of unemployed women who can be taught tailoring in a few weeks, I do not know why Nigerians import second clothes.
[s]We've turned ourselves into a dumping ground for other people's garbage.
You only need a few people with money to put their money where their mouth is.

The major reasons are two. One, The price is cheaper and two,the qualities are better than ours in Nigeria.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by feranfifunmi: 3:56am On Jan 10, 2016
*EMPOWERMENT OPPORTUNITY
Opportunity comes to those who think about. Success,the secre Of success is to know something nobody else knows.
Plan to succeed and u will. Succeed wit ur plan,eduction is a light but does not guarantee ur success in life.
If u want to succeed,u need to do somthing about urself,successful people will work smart. While the poor people will work hard.Because the successful people do different things,tht is why they get different result.
The different betw the rich and the poor is that the rich build net-work why the poor work for net-work.
Which of these group do u wnt to belong?the choice is urs
Call:09039444929
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by millhouse: 4:02am On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=Fawklicant post=41826845]

Seconded! After watching those a.ss.es in high definition then you hunt a local prey down only to be diasppointed at the package. The industry needs to grow and be adapted to our scenery. Afterall Corsy Orjiakor's bobby will challenge Maserratti's own in a fair bout. But come enh brother, which Naija as.s would you compare with Diamond Monroe's?[/quote h] Jada fire nko
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by AreaFada2: 4:04am On Jan 10, 2016
tsdarkside:

is it my fault that nigerians are soo brainwashed like the rest of africa,to hate everything there hand produce?...

take black-women for example:
that not even one of them had the idea to create a company that produce fake-hair is crazy...imagine the money a black-woman can make from synteticaly made hairs...much cheaper than importing it from brazil and india...
and black-women dont understand that the bad-luck is passt on,on the wig...and the owner of the hair gets your blessings....
the black-woman relys solely on the blessings of the black-man,because she always give away her blessings to her enemies....
you understand now,why india has surpass you??...india is using the blessings of the black-woman......

Asians are setting up human hair factories in 9ja now o. It's a huge business.
They are even paying staff around 30k/month. Considering how badly they pay normally, 30k wages means they're making a lot of profit.

Pity we only do "buy & sell". Patronising Asian producers.

1 Like

Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by swagifted(m): 5:43am On Jan 10, 2016
Austin4lif:
Why banning alcohol ? Do u want to islamize us mr president? Why banning okrika? U want to make my igbo brothers jobless? The God of Ndigbo will always fight for us.
nobody banned alcohol, de banned the importation. U can stil consume your locally made orijin and co.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by miqos03: 5:54am On Jan 10, 2016
oduastates:
About time.
You can set up a factory for a lot of the stuffs on that list with less than N20 million.
With millions of unemployed women who can be taught tailoring in a few weeks, I do not know why Nigerians import second clothes.
We've turned ourselves into a dumping ground for other people's garbage.
set up factory with no stable power?
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by persius555(m): 6:27am On Jan 10, 2016
So long as we continue to have epileptic and expensive power supply, many of these goods will continue to find its way through the backdoor into this country. We simply cannot produce goods that will compete evenly in the international market as long as we refuse to fix our power issue. PMB can ban all he wants, the basic principle of economics will continue to play itself out.
In nigeria, we dread dread reality but enjoy deciet. For all i care, its the custom personnels at the border and various entry points that profit from these ban and prohibition policy.
PMB better wake up and smell the coffee. Running an economy effectively is not the same thing as fighting corruption.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by mommysgirl(f): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2016
seunny4lif:
As long as my Naijabet.com no dey grin
cheesy grin
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by chekasforchekas: 6:37am On Jan 10, 2016
oduastates:
About time.
we import it because it's cheaper, and more cheaper than to produce here in Nigeria.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by grandstar(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2016
oduastates:
About time.
what you said is true but bad business and economics. iran used to be self sufficient but its economy very. ahmedinijab liberalised and the economy became vibrant. nigeria's problem is the high cost of credit and high cost of production
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by grandstar(m): 7:24am On Jan 10, 2016
decode55:

My dear, I'm no pessimist. I'm a realist unlike you who's a dreamer building castles in the air undecided
nobleangel dont realise they are simply making the country a smugglers haven. protectionism has failed to industrialise the country. when the 4th largest foreign exchange earner for switzerland (8m people) brings in $41bn in 2014 which more than nigeria entire forex earning, you shake your head! how does banning brandy and toothpicks help the nation?
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by Nikkyfash: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Imagine you wanting to use a pencil or a matches and you see made in China..its high time we'r proud of things we produce. Bon matin.

1 Like

Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by perryy(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2016
If I ever become the president of this country, I will ban everything including cars. If we can't produce cars in this 21st century, then we are certainly not fit to drive cars.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 10, 2016
Incomplete list. They should stop the importation of oloshos and deport the already imported ones. Adams Oloshole Abi sorry, Oshiomohle na joke oo
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by ubcandid(m): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2016
perryy:
If I ever become the president of this country, I will ban everything including cars. If we can't produce cars in this 21st century, then we are certainly not fit to drive cars.

Rubbish.

try to be prudent in thinking.. the world is large market with different buyers as countries...if you think your country can produce everything, who is going to buy them?

if every country in the world toes that line there would be a lock down in global trade, because for the production of cars you might not have all the raw materials domiciled in your country. That is the reason you see western nations signing trade deals with country.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by meccuno: 9:29am On Jan 10, 2016
persius555:
So long as we continue to have epileptic and expensive power supply, many of these goods will continue to find its way through the backdoor into this country. We simply cannot produce goods that will compete evenly in the international market as long as we refuse to fix our power issue. PMB can ban all he wants, the basic principle of economics will continue to play itself out.
In nigeria, we dread dread reality but enjoy deciet. For all i care, its the custom personnels at the border and various entry points that profit from these ban and prohibition policy.
PMB better wake up and smell the coffee. Running an economy effectively is not the same thing as fighting corruption.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by coolexy2: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Na today dem start to ban okrika? Go Katongowa, new bails are being openned.
is gradually process
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by coolexy2: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Austin4lif:
Why banning alcohol ? Do u want to islamize us mr president? Why banning okrika? U want to make my igbo brothers jobless? The God of Ndigbo will always fight for us.
mind U, not only U ve god... moreso, ur ndigbo god slf nt even ve much power compared to other tribs..it had to be ban..lalascalala
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by Chrisx1x(m): 10:47am On Jan 10, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
I expect to see more added to that list
We shouldn't even be importing things like earphones, toothpick, matches among other things
so we still import matches.i give up on Nigeria
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by oduastates: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
drehdinho:

The major reasons are two. One, The price is cheaper and two,the qualities are better than ours in Nigeria.

Fantastic excuse
Brand new and heavily taxed primark Clothes in the United Kingdom are cheaper and better than the Second hand clothes you buy in Nigeria.
Same thing goes for America. If you want luxury, you pay luxury price.
In fact, if you go at the right time, most things are cheaper.
Mind you those clothes are made in Bangladeshi factories with poverty rates like northern Nigeria but they do not grow cotton.

1 Like

Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by preciousMI1(f): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
xMrPx:
Dem for ban human being join am nau'''. Whatever profits the Poor in 9ja is prohibited'. Such is life

example selling second handed clothes! !@ oh no..

I patronize them alot... RIP OKRIKA.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by xMrPx(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
preciousMI1:

example selling second handed clothes! !@ oh no..

I patronize them alot... RIP OKRIKA.
trust 9jarians'. U can always get it to buy' just might be more expensive
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by seunny4lif(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
mommysgirl:

cheesy grin
Na there I dey get my monthly salary grin
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by preciousMI1(f): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
xMrPx:
trust 9jarians'. U can always get it to buy' just might be more expensive

now that's d issue... smuggling it into ur hands will cost u from d custom office so they'll inflate the price too... naija toh badt
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by billyG(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
ExAngel007:
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has reportedly banned
some goods from being imported to the country

The list of goods which have been absolutely prohibited, was
posted on the official website of the cross-border security
outfit, where it warned Nigerians sternly that failure to comply
will attract outright seizure of such goods and the suspects will
be charge to the Court of Competence Jurisdiction for
prosecution.
Check out the list below:

★Air Pistols

★Airmail Photographic Printing Paper.

★All counterfeit/pirated materials or articles including Base or
Counterfeit Coin of any Country.

★Beads composed of inflammable celluloid or other similar
substances.

★Blank invoices.

★Coupons for Foreign Football pools or other betting
arrangements.

★Cowries.

★Exhausted tea or tea mixed with other substances. For the
purposes of this item, “exhausted tea” means any tea which
has been deprived of its proper quality, strength, or virtue by
steeping, infusion, decoction or other means.

★Implements appertaining to the reloading of cartridges.
Indecent or obscene prints, painting, books, cards, engraving
or any indecent or obscene articles.

★Manilas.

★Matches made with white phosphorous.

★Materials of any description with a design which, considering
the purpose for which any such material is intended to be
used, is likely in – the opinion of the president to create a
breach of the peace or to offend the religious views of any
class of persons in Nigeria.

★Meat, Vegetables or other provisions declared by a health
officer to be unfit for human consumption.

★Piece goods and all other textiles including wearing apparel,
hardware of all kinds’ crockery and china or earthenware
goods bearing inscriptions (whether in Roman or Arabic
characters) from the Koran or from the traditions and
commentaries on the Koran.

★Pistols disguised in any form.

★Second-hand clothing.

★Silver or metal alloy coins not being legal tender in Nigeria.

★Nuclear Industrial waste and other Toxic waste

Spirits: -Other than -Alcoholic bitters, liqueurs, cordials and
mixtures admitted as such in his discretion by the Comptroller-
General and which are not deemed to be injurious spirits within
the meaning of any enactment or law relating to liquor or
liquor licensing.

Brandy , i.e. a Spirit Distilled in Grape-growing countries from
fermented grape juice and from no other materials and Stored
in wood for a period of three years;
Drugs and medicinal spirits admitted as such in his discretion
by the Comptroller-General.

Gin , i.e. Spirit- Produced by distillation from a mixed mash of
cereal grains only saccharified by the diastase of malt and the
Flavoured by redistillation with juniper berries and other
vegetable ingredients and of a brand which has been notified
as an approved brand by notice in the Gazette and in
containers labeled with the name and address of the owner of
the brand; or produced by distillation at least three times in a
pot-still from mixed mash or barley, rye and maize
saccharified by diastase of malt – and then rectified by re-
distillation in a potstill after the addition of juniper berries and
other vegetable materials.

Methylated or denatured spirit
, i.e. – Mineralized Methylated
spirit mixed as follows: – To every ninety parts by volume of
spirits nine and one-half parts by volume of wood naphtha
and one-half of one part by volume of crude pyridine and to
every 455 litres of the mixture 1.7 litres of mineral naphtha or
petroleum oil and not less than 0.7 grammes by weight of
powdered aniline dye (Methyl violet) and so in proportion for
any quantity less than 455 litres; and Industrial Methylated
spirit imported under license from the Comptroller-General and
mixed as follows: – To every ninety-five parts by volume of
spirits five parts by volume of wood naphtha and also one-half
of one part by volume of the mixture; and spirits denatured for
a particular purpose in such manner as the Comptroller-
General in any special circumstance may permit.

Perfumed Spirits
Rum i.e. a Spirit – Distilled direct from sugar-cane products in
sugar-cane growing countries; and
Stored in wood for a period of three years.
Spirits imported for medical or scientific purposes, subject to
such conditions as the Comptroller-General may prescribe
Spirits totally unfit for use as portable spirits admitted to
entry as such in the discretion by the Comptroller-General
Whisky , i.e. a Spirit- Obtained by distillation from a mash or
cereal grains saccharified by diastase of malt; and
Stored in wood for a period of three years.
Containing more than forty-eight and one-half per centum of
pure alcohol by volume except denatured, medicated and
perfumed spirits, and such other spirits which the Comptroller-
General, in his discretion, may allow to be imported subject to
such conditions as he may see fit to Impose.

Weapons of any description which in the opinion of the
Comptroller-General are designed for the discharge of any
noxious liquid, gas or other similar substance and any
ammunition containing or in the opinion of the Comptroller-
General or adapted to contain any noxious liquid, gas or other
similar substances.

https://www.naij.com/690793-okrika-clothes-pistol-gin-goods-recently-banned-customs-see-full-list.html
Okirika eleyi ogidign oo!hoping 2 see hair,finger attachment on d list.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by xMrPx(m): 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
preciousMI1:

now that's d issue... smuggling it into ur hands will cost u from d custom office so they'll inflate the price too... naija toh badt
Lolz' " d qualities are far better than our Local so called new clothes... we will get there.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by favourlove1: 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
tsdarkside:

its realy garbage.......nothing....first you buy dollars and deplet the external reserves,buy this rubbish abroad,transport the rubbish to nigeria,then the rubbish lands in the end on the streets...they are turning nigeria to a dumping ground........

make them open their own companys and produce this things themselves.,than to dey import every garbage to nigeria.....

igbos with their greedy nature...they never see the consequence of their greed....
the way u nigerians call igbos at every slightest provocation is an expression of passionate for them. Are d igbos the only ones importing them? Who are d ppl petronising them? Isn't it cuz u ppl can't afford the expensive ones that the so called igbos bring them in. What are d customs at d ports doing? Isn't it to collect bribe from same people? Go to ifo in ogun state n you would witness smuggling in d highest order n funny enough the smugglers depot is directly behind a police station. Quite name calling n cee beyond nepotism
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by preciousMI1(f): 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
xMrPx:
Lolz' " d qualities are far better than our Local so called new clothes... we will get there.

that's it. cant one do sth and be proud of it... u buy a shirt today the button falls today, armpit tears tomorrow.. they'll sew rubbish and pick a label "grin&G".. lmao I can't laff

2 Likes

Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by Fawklicant: 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
bashsani:
according to ur post I think dis a chance for nigeria to patronize it's local made goods so according to you this a healthy decision

Supposed to be but ill conceived. Put infrastructure in place first. Dont put the cart before the horse.
Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by xMrPx(m): 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
preciousMI1:

that's it. cant one do sth and be proud of it... u buy a shirt today the button falls today, armpit tears tomorrow.. they'll sew rubbish and pick a label "grin&G".. lmao I can't laff
@least, we have Original designers label on wack clothes". grin

1 Like

Re: Okrika Clothes, Pistol, Gin, Other Goods Banned By Customs (SEE FULL LIST) by Fawklicant: 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=millhouse post=41831581][/quote]

Jada fire aint got nothing on Monroe. That badunkadonk booty? That's some real junk in the trunk. But I'll pick me a Diamond pipes any day. I wish she'd just come back from her early retirement. Whenever I see Chidinmma(mis kedike), I just remember her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gigantic Equipment Being Brought In For Dangote's Refinery In Lagos (Photos) / Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / In Which Bank Do Customers Waste Time Everyday? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.