Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Interesting Things About The Blue Whale- (see Photo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Interesting Things About The Blue Whale- (see Photo) (826 Views)

A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) / 6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored / Ghost Caught on Camera in kano Burning? [ see photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Things About The Blue Whale- (see Photo) by SYLVESTER777: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
The blue whale is a giant sea creature that eats tons of food a day but has no teeth, lives in the ocean all its life but breathes air, and is the largest of Earth’s animals but is endangered. It’s also smaller than the head of a pin when it’s conceived, but 11 months later it will weigh more than two tons and be 24 feet long!

For the first eight months, the mother provides its only food. Her milk is so rich that the baby blue whale can gain up to nine pounds in one hour. After that, the blue whale will grow longer than a greyhound bus. Blue whales eat mostly a shrimp-like creature called krill. An adult whale will eat one to two tons a day.

The blue whale makes a unique four-note call to signal other whales of danger. At more than 150 decibels, this call is the loudest sound made by any living creature and can be heard hundreds of miles away.

Job was a man who called on God in his despair. When his friends tried to give him advice, he said, “But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you.… And the fish of the sea will explain to you. Who among all these does not know That the hand of the Lord has done this, In whose hand is the life of every living thing. And the breath of all mankind?” (Job 12:7–10).

When Job felt like giving up (with no help from his friends), he wrote, “Then call, and I will answer; Or let me speak, then You respond to me” (v. 22). There is a call we can make to God in prayer. It doesn’t need to be the loudest for the Lord to respond.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

Re: Interesting Things About The Blue Whale- (see Photo) by mackenzie007(m): 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
kudos!!

(1) (Reply)

Are You Also Experiencing Heat In Your Area? / My Experience Today At Bolade Bus Stop Oshodi / I Have No Regrets Marrying 2face Idibia Babymama 'sunmbo' –pastor Adeoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.