Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? (7070 Views)

"The Last Thing Nnamdi Kanu Told Me" – Ejiofor, IPOB Lawyer / Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Speaks To BBC World On Situation On Ground / Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
Zain Ejiofor Asher (born 27 August 1983) is a British news anchor at CNN International based in Atlanta. She currently anchors CNN Newsroom weekdays at 2:30pm ET on CNN International. Previously, Asher co-anchored CNN Newsroom at 1am ET on CNN America. In 2013, Asher joined CNN as a business correspondent based in New York City. In addition to financial reporting for CNN, she also had a monthly column in Money Magazine. She is the younger sister of actor Chiwetel Ejiofor. She is a Nigerian from the Eastern part (Igbo).

Talk about a successful family from the eastern part of Nigeria. One rules hollywood, while the other reigns on News media.

Lets appreciate our own Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Jeloma: 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
cool smiley
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by sprinter101(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
Nice one,Nigerians flying our flag high even with d bad name we have

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
sprinter101:
Nice one,Nigerians flying our flag high even with d bad name we have

We should start celebrating ours who are putting us in good light and stop posting criminal elements as they do us no good.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
You sure it's not this _stupid thing Nigerians do where they're cousins but call themselves brother and sister?
What kind of _stupid name is 'Zain'? A Nigerian can't answer that talk less of Iya mmiri them. I can understand Asher being the family name of her white spouse but Zain being her first name?!shocked
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by philGeo(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
I am happy for her, Zain Arabic word which mean gain or profit.
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by kingdompropty: 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
Good to know. Wow wow wow.
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by JOKLEVIZ(m): 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
BishopJakes my mentor
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by SamJed(m): 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
If it was for bad, they would have been referred to as biafrans but since it is good, they are still nigerians...smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Rikidony(m): 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
I ALWAYS KNEW SHE HAD AN AFRICAN HERITAGE,
NICE TO SEE IGBOS REPING WELLA NO NAME CHEKING cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by kozmokaz(m): 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
grin

* check my signature
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by naijaking1: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
charix:
You sure it's not this stupid thing Nigerians do where they're cousins but call themselves brother and sister?
What kind of _stupid name is 'Zain'? A Nigerian can't answer that talk less of Iya mmiri them. I can understand Asher being the name of her white spouse but Zain being her first name?!shocked

The instructions are clear and simple:
1. Walk to the nearest transformer
2. Remove your shoes
3. Clasp on, hold tight with your body against the terminal
4. You may or may not hear a popping sound, if you do, you almost made heaven, but if you don't you'll keeping roam the earth like a wild dog
5. Meanwhile, Igbos go dey make progress!!!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by ajoguegbe(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ok more international celebrities you didnt know were Igbos

Bishop T. D Jakes:
In the 2003 PBS program African American Lives, Bishop T.D. Jakes had his DNA analyzed; his Y chromosome showed that he is descended from the Igbo. Read his biography on Wikipaedia.

Forest Whitetaker

Have you ever watched, The Last King of Scotland? The guy that acted as IDI Amin-Forest Whitetaker is a confirmed Igbo man. According to Wikipadia, " Whitaker said that a genetic test indicated he was of Igbo descent through his patrilineal line" On April 6, 2009, he was given a chieftaincy title in Imo State, Nigeria. Whitaker, who was named a chief among the Igbo community of Nkwerre, was given the title Nwannedinamba of Nkwerre, which means A Brother in a Foreign Land.

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 10, 2016
I have always loved & respected Chiwetel Ejiofor ever since I watched “Four Brothers” A 2005 American action movie directed by John Singleton. The movie stars Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, Andre Benjamin(of Outcast) & Garrett Hedlund.

Chiwetel Ejiofor's astounding role in that movie made me proud of Nigeria, although he played a villain but the movie is definitely off the hinges for sheezy! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by encryptjay(m): 1:04am On Jan 10, 2016
Okay
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by PHfinest(m): 1:41am On Jan 10, 2016
Nice one
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 10, 2016
This is old gist! Who doesn't know??
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by sextutor(m): 5:17am On Jan 10, 2016
Good for them and for us. They must have been motivated by a common factor to attain great heights in life.
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by onismate: 5:29am On Jan 10, 2016
The name should have been "Airtel Ejiofor Asher" lolz...
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by 7footre(m): 6:06am On Jan 10, 2016
Their nose gave them away.... they look alike much. kudos to 'em
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 10, 2016
Three beautiful Igbo people...they are Bizfrans OPsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Saheed9: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2016
But Zain?
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Caseless: 6:59am On Jan 10, 2016
So, she changed her name so no one could see her Naija origin.
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by Caseless: 7:02am On Jan 10, 2016
dokiOloye:
They are Biafrans,not Nigerians.
and it's funny you did not notice she has no biafran name among her names. What does that tell a tribal duck like you?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by NobleAngell(f): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2016
Good for them. Chinwetel hasn't changed his own name to something like Brad or Lincoln? I'm surprised.
Re: Do You Know Zain Asher Of CNN And Chinwetel Ejiofor Are Siblings? by oduz: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2016
KUDOS!

Some mothers do have them .....

The Land is Green cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Inspirational Story Of Sir Louis Ojukwu / Anybody who believes that I would leave PDP Is Sleeping – Gov. Umahi / Meet The Lebanese Man Who Wants To Become A Senator In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.