Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free (4013 Views)

29 Paid Apps That Temporarily Free On Google Play Store / How To Download Paid Apps Free On Playstore [best Method] / How To Download All Paid Apps For Free On Google Play Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 2:13am On Jan 10, 2016
Good day everyone.
I was having a discussion with some Android users and obviously iPhone haters, and there is two points they kept making which is

1. Android allows you side load apps for free meanwhile you pay for these apps on iphone.

And...

2. You can download music except you buy them through itunes.

The truth is, so many people has seen this as an "advantage" meanwhile its a very big "disadvantage". These guys think the money paid for apps and music goes to the phone maker accounts, and its is their 100% right to opt out and get them for free from the net.

Well it is not so!

Apps are built by developers, single developers, a team or a company. And these developers can decide either to make their app free or not. And if it is not free, the attach a price to it. So the price you see on apps in the app store goes to the developer of the app. True the store owner has their own little share but majority is to the developer. Its like a trader(developer) placing his goods(apps) in a store (app store). The store keeper has to be paid for its services. But when you buy the goods(apps) its the trader(developer) that gets the money! also are songs sang by artist, so each song you purchase goes to the artist pocket.

These people have the right to add prices to their product cos the spend money creating them! A developer spend money paying other developers in the team, and paying for any extra services needed in building the app. They also spend a lot maintaining and updating their apps. While artist spends money in studio recording and production. So now after spending so much to create something, will they now give it out for free? Just like that?

Yes they are free apps! This is because the developer has created another means of making his/her/thier money. These ways include in-app purchase or adverts. In-app purchase is common with games while ads are common with internet apps. Gameloft sold asphalt 7 but switched to in-app purchase on asphalt 8 while instagram recently joined its father company facebook in rendering ads. But other apps that does not want in-app purchase or ads, are sold in their stores. On the other hand, music can't render in-song purchases or ads! So almost all songs are sold unless its the artist birthday grin and he/she just feels like giving a song/album free.

So each time you find other means to install paid apps or download songs free, you are STEALING from the developer/artist. Never never think you are right! You are completely wrong. If you were in their shoes, would you like to grow tomatoes, transport it to the market, pay for shade and begin to give everyone free of charge? I believe you answer is NO! So if no, why would you download paid apps and songs free?

What apple has simply done on the iphone is block means of getting apps or songs free. Iphone can sideload apps with iTunes but you'll would need to sign in after launching the app to confirm you actually purchased the app. And you can only stream music via its browser, not downloads. Apart from stoping you from downloading songs free, This way also helps to reduce the risk of malware in its phone.

Android on the other hand is an open source software. Because of this more advanced option are added to it for advance use only. Which one of it is "install apps from unknown sources" by default this option is not active. So users who prefer to sideload apps have to activate it before being able to sideload apps. And it browser too can be used to download everything/anything. But because these options are available does not mean you should avoid paying for the app you use or the songs you listen too..

Windows phone allows side loading through usb too like iphone
Blackberry allows side loading via file manger like android but this time, there is no option whatever to make active first.

So never think its right to download apps and songs for free unless its has a 'free' price tag in its store! People get arrested for downloading songs for free in developed countries and If you are the religious type, also know that downloading apps and songs free could lead you to hell (its stealing, and stealing is a sin)

But again, its is not a rich man problem. I too I am guilty of all this.. But its good to know the right thing! And I wish we could all do the right thing.

PAY FOR YOUR APPS!
PAY FOR YOUR SONGS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by vicstar(m): 2:41am On Jan 10, 2016
PAY FOR UR APPS. PAY FOR UR SONGS.

FIGHTING CORRUPTION STARTS WITH U! undecided
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by Aieboocaar(m): 2:49am On Jan 10, 2016
ok
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by Aieboocaar(m): 3:03am On Jan 10, 2016
PhonePlanet:
and If you are the religious type, also know that downloading apps and songs free could lead you to hell (its stealing, and stealing is a sin

whollup nigga, whollup! whollup!! just whollup!... so u mean am still going to hell after all dis yrs of "no sex till marriage"? undecided

7 Likes

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by jemype(m): 4:10am On Jan 10, 2016
Can u tell amadioha to pay for d talcum powder he uses to do incantation? Men apps are our rights. Some songs lyk vic o and b red should be free on I tunes sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by timothyuche1(m): 6:09am On Jan 10, 2016
Why is that same music free in Android, does that mean it is not produced with money in Android

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 10, 2016
Lol... Bros, shut up.
You don't know what you're saying

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by hatux: 7:16am On Jan 10, 2016
Summary please...
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 7:23am On Jan 10, 2016
Aieboocaar:

whollup nigga, whollup! whollup!! just whollup!... so u mean am still going to hell after all dis yrs of "no sex till marriage"? undecided

Maybe...cheesy
Let you faith and conscience decide, not me!
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 7:24am On Jan 10, 2016
jemype:
Can u tell amadioha to pay for d talcum powder he uses to do incantation? Men apps are our rights. Some songs lyk vic o and b red should be free on I tunes sef

Apps is not your right! You earn th right to an app buy purchasing it.

Even if songs by such poor artist were free, would you download them?
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 7:28am On Jan 10, 2016
timothyuche1:
Why is that same music free in Android, does that mean it is not produced with money in Android
Music is not free on android.

Music is free on the websites you download them from, because these websites are illegal and are still alive somehow due to the bad state of the music industry governing and mentality in nigeria.

Play music and 3rd party music apps sell music/albums

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2016
Sept20:
Lol... Bros, shut up.
You don't know what you're saying
Please educate me!
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by 2kurupt(m): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2016
See preaching... OP stop lying today is Sunday oooo

What you don't get is most of those apps you pay thru your nose on your overpriced iPhones are offered for free in the Google play store. Therefore sideloading same set of apps is allowed.

On the music issue, it's not our fault that most artists release almost half of their album contents as singles. Come to think of it, all hit songs are singles and Android users can download thru their browsers which plays by default in the music player & can as well be shared via Bluetooth tongue

Is it our problem if Apple decides to milk you dry by making you pay for everything on your iPhone & still prevents you from sharing media as if na dem dash you??! grin dem force you buy iPhone ni undecided

Right thing my azs angry

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2016
2kurupt:
See preaching... OP stop lying today is Sunday oooo

What you don't get is most of those apps you pay thru your nose on your overpriced iPhones are offered for free in the Google play store. Therefore sideloading same set of apps is allowed.

On the music issue, it's not our fault that most artists release almost half of their album contents as singles. Come to think of it, all hit songs are singles and Android users can download thru their browsers which plays by default in the music player & can as well be shared via Bluetooth tongue

Is it our problem if Apple decides to milk you dry by making you pay for everything on your iPhone & still prevents you from sharing media as if na dem dash you??! grin dem force you buy iPhone ni undecided

Right thing my azs angry

1. Name a app that is paid for on iphone and is free in play store!

2. Certainly its not your/our fault. It is the whole music system in nigeria. you hardly see albums of international artist to download free unless in 'nigerian' sites! So its a naija problem.

3. I have nothing to say about sharing via Bluetooth. But the reason iPhone does not share files via Bluetooth to a non iphone is for security reasons which includes reducing the risk of malware(virus)...

4. Like I said before, paying for stuffs does not go to apple! But the owners of the content you paid for.
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by 2kurupt(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2016
PhonePlanet:

1. Name a app that is paid for on iphone and is free in play store!

2. Certainly its not your/our fault. It is the whole music system in nigeria. you hardly see albums of international artist to download free unless in 'nigerian' sites! So its a naija problem.

3. I have nothing to say about sharing via Bluetooth. But the reason iPhone does not share files via Bluetooth to a non iphone is for security reasons which includes reducing the risk of malware(virus)...

4. Like I said before, paying for stuffs does not go to apple! But the owners of the content you paid for.

You're definitely a green horn in these matters coz you dunno jack about what your saying.
To set the record straight:

1. Checkup Swype, WhatsApp, Angry birds, color splash, fruit ninja, Microsoft office apps etc etc in your app store, lemme know when you see a free, version. FYI I got all these installed on my Android for nothing. As for iPad virtually all items attract a fee aside a few social network apps so WTF you saying?
Imagine ordinary Angry birds sef undecided

2. There are countless sites for both legit local & foreign music downloads, ain't gonna tell you any coz it's useless for ya anyway tongue
I personally prefer mixtapes, lemme see you try that

3 The last time virus transfer happened via Bluetooth was during Symbian era but I bet you ain't started using smartphones then. The only thing Apple is after protecting is their pockets, heck they allowed Apple device to Apple device Bluetooth transfer from iOS 7, I bet you dunno that too.

4. Your number 4 definitely gave you away, you're indeed a newbie & dunno what you talking about. Get informed here
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_app_store_generated_11_billion_sales_during_holiday_season-blog-15906.php

Am sure later you'll say am beefing Apple coz I can't afford it, naaahhh I would rather go dump my hard earned dough in the open sea than be ripped off by Apple.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2016
2kurupt:

You're definitely a green horn in these matters coz you dunno jack about what your saying.
To set the record straight:

1. Checkup Swype, WhatsApp, Angry birds, color splash, fruit ninja, Microsoft office apps etc etc in your app store, lemme know when you see a free, version. FYI I got all these installed on my Android for nothing. As for iPad virtually all items attract a fee aside a few social network apps so WTF you saying?
Imagine ordinary Angry birds sef undecided

2. There are countless sites for both legit local & foreign music downloads, ain't gonna tell you any coz it's useless for ya anyway tongue
I personally prefer mixtapes, lemme see you try that

3 The last time virus transfer happened via Bluetooth was during Symbian era but I bet you ain't started using smartphones then. The only thing Apple is after protecting is their pockets, heck they allowed Apple device to Apple device Bluetooth transfer from iOS 7, I bet you dunno that too.

4. Your number 4 definitely gave you away, you're indeed a newbie & dunno what you talking about. Get informed here
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_app_store_generated_11_billion_sales_during_holiday_season-blog-15906.php

Am sure later you'll say am beefing Apple coz I can't afford it, naaahhh I would rather go dump my hard earned dough in the open sea than be ripped off by Apple.

1. - Dude whatsapp is free on ios!!
Whatsapp is free: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/whatsapp-messenger/id310633997?mt=8

- as for angry birds, The Android market (play store) didn't initially allow the purchasing of apps in most countries. As a result of this, when they first released it, they had to release it for free to make it accessible across all markets. They do, however, make money by displaying in-app ads. I guess this has just stuck with them since. Angry birds space is available as both a free (ad-supported) and paid app however. But angry birds free with ads is also on ios! So you can get angry birds for free!
Angry birds paid without ads: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds/id343200656?mt=8

Angry birds free with ads: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/angry-birds-free/id409807569?mt=8

- color splash is NOT on android! While the real color splash is made by Pocket Pixels Inc. And sold by the developer, meaning pocket pixel sold their app "color splash" $0.99. What you get on android is different range on clones wanting to be like the original app, uploaded by entirely different developers (some by Pavan Kumar Reddy. D, androidslide, Lyrebird Studio) and is free.
The real color splash not on android: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/color-splash/id304871603?mt=8

- the same reason above for angry birds applies to fruit ninja. But fruit ninja had also made available a free version with ads for ios! So yes fruit ninja is free on ios too!
Even more....Fruit Ninja Costs $0.99 Fruit Ninja Free is obviously Free!
Fruit Ninja Contains Zen mode(no bombs). Zen Mode is not available in Fruit Ninja Free. Fruit Ninja has online Multi player mode. Multi Player mode is not available in Fruit Ninja Free Paid versions have "peaches" available in store. Free Versions doesn't include peaches in shop. Paid version has many more benefits! Many more Limitations in the Free version.
Fruit ninja paid: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/fruit-ninja/id362949845?mt=8
Fruit ninja free: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fruit-ninja-free/id403858572?mt=8

- microsoft office is free on ios!
Official website: https://products.office.com/en/mobile/office
Microsoft word on ios is free: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id586447913

Dude name more! This time be more sure of what you are saying, you thinking that you know. Smh...

2. I don't use iphone, and I admitted I'm guilty of downloading songs free. Most international site are just youtube converters.

3. The iphone was made during the same Symbian era. Plus, because there have been no recent report about virus gotten via Bluetooth does not mean iphone should open its Bluetooth. Or have you seen a bank leave its doors open simply because there have been no recent case of robbery?

4. The said apple store generates 1.1 billion not apple makes 1.1 billion

And you missed the last paragraph in that article
"For 2015, Apple App Store sales topped $20
billion. Apple keeps 30% of the App Store
revenue, meaning the company made $6 billion
for 2015 after paying developers."

Did you see "after paying developers" So dude don't say I know nothing because you think you know something meanwhile its you who knows nothing...imagine I just used your link to counter you...mtseeew try again brother.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by xtervaganza(m): 9:39am On Jan 10, 2016
I feel like slapping this afonu op. Ode oshi
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 10:29am On Jan 10, 2016
xtervaganza:
I feel like slapping this afonu op. Ode oshi
*in MI's voice*
Now we’re gonna talk about something serious
Yo! Phoneplanet
Yo! Phone section
Yo! Righteous Era

If you don’t have a mind of your own
Don’t be disappointed, this is fine, be a clone
Listen to me rhyme, I’m done trying to be mine
all alone
And to make things connect like a spine to a
bone
I’ve changed my mind I’d rather be the same as
All these fake nairalanders
Make bad comment just to get likes in arenas
Use words like (2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.)
Cause I tried hard to make the difference
Make the kind of treads you can use as
reference
Everybody else say, let’s steal
Who am I to tell them otherwise?
That’s a job for Reverends
So I’m ready now to join the movement
Together press for negative improvement
Everybody or not
To forever end the search for life

So when I say jump (jump)
Everybody in the place dance (dance)
Everybody in the place move (move)
Everybody in the world just scream (scream!
scream)
When I say pay (free)
Everybody in the place download (sideload)
Everybody in the place move (move)
Everybody in the whole world stop (scream?
Huh? Oh-uh?)

If you don’t have a mind for yourself
Don’t be disappointed, this is good for your
health
It’s the road to riches and to diamonds and
wealth
Redesigned it myself, to all
Black people put your mind on your shelf
It’s Ok to be poor, be needy
Better yet still care for more, be greedy
Everybody get mis-educated
Be lazy, fat, stupid with your mind sedated
No matter how many treads I open
About truth, honesty, it’ll never change a thing
I just want phoneplanet to be famous
Nairalanders screaming out, please educate us

Yo! the whole world is glass or plastic
It’s split like refraction, need action drastic
So forgive me I’m a tad sarcastic
These venomous lyrics on my lips like chopsticks

So when I say sit (sit)
Everybody in the place stand (stand)
Everybody in the place jump (jump)
Everybody in the place scream (scream, scream)
When I say pay (pay)
Everybody in the place don't steal (sont steal)
Everybody in the world just jump (jump)
Everybody in the world be yourself (be yourself,
be yourself)

Yeah, break it down, break it down, break it
down (x3)
Here we go!

So the moral of this post is
There are people walking around just like
zombies
And it’s so strange, how people are afraid of
change
Afraid of what would happen if we re-arrange
So most Black people are just doing what the
crowd do
Doing what the system say, that we’re allowed to
So break free from the crowd mentality
And then we can start to build a new reality

(Now you’ve got to know)
So come on, everybody in the place fly (Said
you’ve got to know)
Everybody in the place dream (And you’ve got to
know)
Everybody in the place be yourself (Who you are)
(Be yourself, be yourself)
When I say shine (shine) (Now you’ve got to
know)
Everybody in the place fly (fly) (Said you’ve got to
know)
Everybody in the place dream (dream) (And
you’ve got to know)
(be yourself, be yourself)
When I say sing (sing) (Now you’ve got to know)
Everybody in the place speak (speak) (Said
you’ve got to know)
Everybody in the place c’mon shout (shout) (And
you’ve got to know)
When I say pay (pay) (Now you’ve got to know)
Everybody in the place speak (speak) (Said
you’ve got to know)
Everybody in the place shout (shout) (And you’ve
got to know)

Be yourself
Yo! Be Black
Be Beautiful
Be Strong
Be Correct
Be Nice
Be Good
Be Right
Be Tight
Be Alright
Be Creative
Be Native
Be Real
Have Skills
Stand Tall
And be all you can be

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by Impulse80(m): 10:50am On Jan 10, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Music is not free on android.

Music is free on the websites you download them from, because these websites are illegal and are still alive somehow due to the bad state of the music industry governing and mentality in nigeria.

Play music and 3rd party music apps sell music/albums
Hope you've told your compound people? If not ngwanu jezie gwanu ndi yard gi.
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2016
Impulse80:

Hope you've told your compound people? If not ngwanu jezie gwanu ndi yard gi.

"ok jezie Tell your Yard" what do you mean by that?
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by ewizard1: 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
PhonePlanet

Seriously, you lost it. Like someone said up there. You're a greenhorn!
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by Davidovinci(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
Op, The good things in life are free..just STFU! cool
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
ewizard1:
PhonePlanet
Seriously, you lost it. Like someone said up there. You're a greenhorn!
In what way do you mean exactly?
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Davidovinci:
Op, The good things of life are free..just STFU! cool
Its the "best" and not the "good" but how does this concern the point of the topic?
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by Davidovinci(m): 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Its the "best" and not the "good" but how does this concern the point of the topic?
uhm..keep ur correction to urself i did actually use "good" for a reason...
Re: It Is Not Right To Download Songs And Install Paid Apps For Free by PhonePlanet(m): 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
Davidovinci:

uhm..keep ur correction to urself i did actually use "good" for a reason...
Still does not tell how it relates to the topic...

(1) (Reply)

Pocophone F1 - The Xiaomi $300 Saviour! (REVIEW) / Say Goodbye To Sms / What Launcher Are You Using?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.