Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole (16708 Views)

Mbe Nwaniga Compares Ojukwu's Biafra To Kanu's Biafra / Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / U .S . Classified Files Reveal Untold Story Of Ojukwu, Biafra By Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Xapio: 8:06am On Jan 10, 2016
IgrigiKillandGo:

**grins** Mr I'm-not-nigerian-but-jerk off-on-nigerian issues, You can spin it anyhow you like but;

1.) The Igbo coup theory has been bursted.

2.) The Lies about soldiers starving civilian bursted too.

This is the Infocentury, yoruba lies can't survive for long, they die as soon as they rear their ugly heads. Make peace with that. **grins**
grin I tire for that I'm not nigerian thing but rears it's dolapo head on every Nigerian issue .. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by great664(m): 8:27am On Jan 10, 2016
I just love the "Aburi Accord " when Ojukwu speak they have no option but to say ok ok ok!!!

Ojukwu also give safe passage to northerners and anyone who wants to join the federal side. What a kind heart.

The lies has been busted and prove beyond every reasonable doubt that civilians fed the Biafran troops.

One question for those who still want One Nigeria to continue, What is the reason that makes you people to insist on one Nigeria?

Igbos says they are being marginalized and like a 3rd citizen in thier Fathers Land.

Apart from rebuffing thier claim of being Marginalize , just point out the reason you guys still want One Nigeria.

#SayNoToViolence

4 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by ideykwum: 8:50am On Jan 10, 2016
I truly query your intellect if this is what you deduced from the writing above. Are you a graduate? It's truly sad!

HungerBAD:
Interesting.

The part where he said the Easterners were not chasing him from the East, is really an Eye opener. The truth is, if i were him i probably would have stayed back in the East and fought on the side of those that freed me from Prison.

He could have been killed when the Eastern Soldiers Soldiers met him in Prison.

His interview, also confirmed to us what we had known for a long time, and that is, ZIK and other top Eastern Politicians were tipped off by the Eastern Coup Plotters, and that is why they were conveniently not around, when they struck.

I have also followed the stories, and the name calling of those from the West as "COWARDS" all this years. But, reading this story now, will tell you it was actually the East that played a fast one on the West, by hiding their own Politicians while killing those from the North and West.

A very interesting interview.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by ideykwum: 8:57am On Jan 10, 2016
Rotimi47:
This interview brought light to several things;

1. Yorubas' fought on igbo side during the civil war and as such contributed to their successful exploit.

2. zik and other igbo leaders were tiped off of the coup.( why is it that no single igbo leader was killed during the coup while other tribes leaders were killed? )

3. Awolowo was not guilty of stopping food delivery to Biafra because the food meant for the civilians keep ending up in the hands of the biafran soldiers. ( Have you ever seen or heard that the United states feed its enemies when they are at war with them?)

4. Aburi addressed what the biafrans wanted but both parties still preferred war( maybe Gowon got schooled on the agreement he signed when he got back to Nigeria and he saw that he had given out too much to Biafra. )

5. The coup was the brain child of the igbos and they only invited other soldiers from other tribes who they think can help them succeed in their plan.

Questions that need answers.

1. Why attack Yoruba land called Ore in Ondo state?

2. Why was banjo the Yoruba soldier that lead the biafrans military to several victories really killed?

3. Why did the biafran military accept all the food that the civilians were handing over to them when can see that the civilians are dying of starvation?

4. Why is it that other soldiers from tribes were not involved in the main plan of the coup but the igbo coup plotters only involved some of them because they lack logistics , communication facilities & other things; they only briefed them on what they want them to know & the task they want them to perform?.

Conclusion.

Both parties are to blame for the war as they missed it one way or the other.

You're pretty poor at comprehension!

11 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by chesterlee(m): 9:13am On Jan 10, 2016
The Big question still lingers?

Why did Gowon fail to adhere to the ABURI ACCORD?

This could have prevented the needless war but the man stubbornly tore the papers and declared war on Biafrans.

Posterity will always judge him!

7 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 9:48am On Jan 10, 2016
ideykwum:

You're super poor at reasoning!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by iboboyswag(m): 9:51am On Jan 10, 2016
ideykwum:

I concur!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 10, 2016
Lt Captain has shamed the false propraganda mantained by the western press since the war.
The gospel truth is all I have heard today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by ideykwum: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2016
Rotimi47:
You're super poor at reasoning!

Reasoning has to do with processing data through one's mental seive (which could be affected by prejudice, knowledge or even natural aptitude ); Comprehension on the other hand deals largely with intelligence. An illiterate can comprehend, but reason differently. Any person who can't comprehend simple things needs serious intervention. God help you!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 10:52am On Jan 10, 2016
ideykwum:

Reasoning has to do with processing data through one's mental seive (which could be affected by prejudice, knowledge or even natural aptitude ); Comprehension on the other hand deals largely with intelligence. An illiterate can comprehend, but reason differently. Any person who can't comprehend simple things needs serious intervention. God help you!!
Your an illiterate! Reasoning having to do with data processing! You simply show that you're an illiterate.

Comprehension as used by you means taken in what you read but reasoning means your ability to see things beyond what you read.

You need to examine your ability to read between the lines.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by LMFashions: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2016
DiademSh07:

You probably didn't read nor understand the part where he stated that he knew nothing of the plans of the coup and that they already finished their coup plan meeting but was told he would be briefed!
Ibo and comprehension problem! LOL!

The guy you quoted was saying something else and you are rànting about another thing. I think you actually lack comprehension ability. Olodo grin
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 11:04am On Jan 10, 2016
ideykwum:

Reasoning - The action of thinking about something in a logical sensible way in order to form a conclusion or judgement.

You need to get a dictionary if you don't understand a word or the way it is used; You don't have to be a shame to do so because illiterates are still humans. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by yellowsun: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2016
Majors Ademoyega and Nzeogwu were the Leaders of the coup!

Go and read Ademoyega'ss book"Why We struck" and stop exposing ur ignorance on social media
Rotimi47:

1. Yorubas' fought on igbo side during the civil war and as such contributed to their successful exploit.

2. zik and other igbo leaders were tiped off of the coup.( why is it that no single igbo leader was killed during the coup while other tribes leaders were killed? )

3. Awolowo was not guilty of stopping food delivery to Biafra because the food meant for the civilians keep ending up in the hands of the biafran soldiers. ( Have you ever seen or heard that the United states feed its enemies when they are at war with them?)

4. Aburi addressed what the biafrans wanted but both parties still preferred war( maybe Gowon got schooled on the agreement he signed when he got back to Nigeria and he saw that he had given out too much to Biafra. )

5. The coup was the brain child of the igbos and they only invited other soldiers from other tribes who they think can help them succeed in their plan.

2. Why was banjo the Yoruba soldier that lead the biafrans military to several victories really killed?

3. Why did the biafran military accept all the food that the civilians were handing over to them when can see that the civilians are dying of starvation?

4. Why is it that other soldiers from tribes were not involved in the main plan of the coup but the igbo coup plotters only involved some of them because they lack logistics , communication facilities & other things; they only briefed them on what they want them to know & the task they want them to perform?.

Conclusion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2016
yellowsun:

Go and read Ademoyega'ss book"Why We struck" and stop exposing ur ignorance on social media
You're the one exposing your ignorance on social media; Try and do more research and stop accepting only write-ups that favour your side.

Read widely.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by yellowsun: 11:38am On Jan 10, 2016
Rotimi47:
You're the one exposing your ignorance on social media; Try and do more research and stop accepting only write-ups that favour your side.

Read widely.

Who should I believe his write up an Ademoyega's. Personal. Account or third party account?

It is on record that Ademoyega remains the only surving Major of the 5dat led d coup after the war! And his account therefore should serve as a case of an index personality of the 1966 coup!

So someone that led the coup said he did so himself in his book, but you want me to believe otherwise because some conspiracy theorists have distorted facts to suit there lies and feed some gullibles!

Also note that Major Onwuatuegwu also survived the war but he was quietly eliminated by the Federal troops to prevent him from providing a personal account of the coup!

Ademoyega remained in prison until 1986 before he was released by then the lies of the Igbo ochestrated coup had saturated the nigerian info-space!

Thank God today the lies are been bursted day after day!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2016
yellowsun:

Who should I believe his write up an Ademoyega's. Personal. Account or third party account?

It is on record that Ademoyega remains the only surving Major of the 5dat led d coup after the war! And his account therefore should serve as a case of an index personality of the 1966 coup!

So someone that led the coup said he did so himself in his book, but you want me to believe otherwise because some conspiracy theorists have distorted facts to suit there lies and feed some gullibles!

Also note that Major Onwuatuegwu also survived the war but he was quietly eliminated by the Federal troops to prevent him from providing a personal account of the coup!

Ademoyega remained in prison until 1986 before he was released by then the lies of the Igbo ochestrated coup had saturated the nigerian info-space!

Thank God today the lies are been bursted day after day!
I simply like how you put your comments/opinion across unlike others who are confrontational when doing so; let me say that I will try and get the book and then put out my comments after going through it but let me say that the Lt. Oyewole Said " they were called after the plot and briefed ".

I believe he being an insider who also fought on the biafran side and survived to this day know alot about the coup but some people are free to believe what they want to believe.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Jobneeded12: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2016
ccoolitempa:
I just don't understand with Yorubas sometimes....what possessed those people to defend people who hate us so much....never never never again.... angry

My exact thought
This 2015 election have revealed that they are yet to move on
They are embittered in hate and envy

Any Yoruba that supports Igbo is foolish
Very foolish

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by yellowsun: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2016
Ok one luv bro
Rotimi47:
I simply like how you put your comments/opinion across unlike others who are confrontational when doing so; let me say that I will try and get the book and then put out my comments after going through it.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
yellowsun:
Ok one luv bro
One love bro; I promise to get the book as it may simply open my mind to other things that I didn't get from other books and war memos. Cheers big time.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by meccuno: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Rotimi47:

Conclusion.

you ended up exposing the direction your write up was headed with the questions that needed answers.........not surprised really.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by meccuno: 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
Jobneeded12:

My exact thought
This 2015 election have revealed that they are yet to move on
They are embittered in hate and envy

Any Yoruba that supports Igbo is foolish
Very foolish
why would an igbo man hate when after the war he has made a success of himself? And about being envious? Of what precisely? What has your tribe achieved that the igbo man hasn't surpassed or reached relatively? It baffles me when people tag igbos as being envious and hateful when they are kneck deep in their areas of endeavours........read the history and stop drawing conclusions from what your relatives have told you!! They might have been relegated by an igbo man probably in their work place,school or homes..........how do you define an igbo man as a tribalist when he doesn't even recognise his fellow igbo as an igbo man when other tribes do so through their language and actions? Think deep please!!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by DiademSh07: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
LMFashions:

The guy you quoted was saying something else and you are rànting about another thing. I think you actually lack comprehension ability. Olodo grin
Abeg shut it!
He implied that Yoruba were among those who planned the coup which is untrue!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by free13: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hmm...
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by MXrep: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
yellowsun:

Nzeogwu = Midwest
Ademoyega = West
And the propangandist called it Igbo coup??

1 Like

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by T8ksy(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
yellowsun:

n August 1965, three officers, Major Okafor, Major Ifeajuna and Captain Oji who were already dissatisfied with political developments in the Federation and the impact of these developments on the Army, held series of discussions between them about the matter and set about the task of searching for other officers who held views similar to their own and who could, eventually, be trusted to join them in the enterprise of staging a military coup d'Etat.

14. In September 1965, Major I. H. Chukwuka of Nigerian Army Headquarters Lagos was persuaded to join the group of conspirators, followed in October 1965 by Major C. I. Anuforo, also of the Army headquarters. Major C. K. Nzeogwu was brought in around that time through the efforts of Major Anuforo, an old friend of both Majors Nzeogwu and Okafor. Major Nzeogwu in turn secured the support for the plan of Major A. Ademoyega who had worked with him in the Nigerian Army Training College Kaduna.

Source:SPECIAL BRANCH REPORT: "Military Rebellion of 15th January 1966"
Forwarded By
Nowamagbe Omoigui

Nzeogwu and ADemoyega were the last two to be recruited in to the coup around November 1965 so how then could they have been the leaders of the coup? The fact of the matter was that the main ringleaders of the coup were ibos who then went on to murder all non-ibo politicians and military personnels from other regions bar one Lt. Col Unegbe. All the other ibo politicians and military guys were coincidentally not killed including Ironsi the topmost military guy who could scuppered the coup and in actual fact did foiled the coup.

Nice try, guys.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by ayopo10(m): 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Brothers its good we learn from our past but we should not get too engrossed in it. Let's face the future and let sleeping dogs lay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by yellowsun: 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
T8ksy:

Nzeogwu and ADemoyega were the last two to be recruited in to the coup around November 1965 so how then could they have been the leaders of the coup? The fact of the matter was that the main ringleaders of the coup were ibos who then went on to murder all non-ibo politicians and military personnels from other regions bar one Lt. Col Unegbe. All the other ibo politicians and military guys were coincidentally not killed including Ironsi the topmost military guy who could scuppered the coup and in actual fact did foiled the coup.

Nice try, guys.

From your source it is obvious you are quoting some of the. Ochestrated publications of our conspiracy theorist!

I repeat Maj. Ademoyega wrote a book himself and said he led the 1966 coup alongside Nzeogwu but you want me to believe an account written by a third party! LMWKMD

Majors Ademoyega and Onwuatuegwu survived the war but the federal troops quickly eliminated the latter at Orlu and Ademoyega incacirated in far away Maiduguri prison until 1986 simply to ensure that no index participant of the 1966 coup countered whatever lie the Millitary ochestrated writers will write about the coup!

Thank God Ademoyega wrote his book "why we struck" to debunk the lies though it was already late 'cos the lies such as the one you posted had already saturated the info-space of the country!

Go grab a copy, read and get the facts from first hand reporter not from an influenced third party writer!!
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by T8ksy(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Old boy, abeg leave that matter for Mathias, jo.

It was a Police Special branch report following their investigation into the planning of the coup. Nzeogwu it was who recruited Ademoyega around November but Nzeogwu himself was recruited by ANuforo, so how then can Ademoyega be a ringleader in a coup that was already ongoing long before his involvement?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by naijaking1: 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
ccoolitempa:
I just don't understand with Yorubas sometimes....what possessed those people to defend people who hate us so much....never never never again.... angry

Thank God, you don't, and would never belong to that class of Yorubas who believed first in honesty, justice, and equity. People like Wole Soyinka, Tai Solarin, Gani Fawehinmi supported the Igbos based on principles, you, my friend and your ilk are of lower class-focused only short term benefits!

1 Like

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by naijaking1: 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Rotimi47:

Conclusion.

The trial and subsequent imprisonment of Awolowo has been cited as one of the reasons for the Nzeogwu coup, because if showed for the first how Tafawa Balewa was able to take control of the western instruments of power through the back door,and of course Awo' reaction that resulted in jail time.

Another vital statistic often lost by those bent on building a larger Igbo conspiracy theory was that Igbos provided most of the officer class of the army at that time. Just by numerical numbers, more Igbo officers would be involved in just about anything going on in the army at that time. Prove me wrong if you can.
Conversely, we have more northern officers in the army today, and have we always described many of their coups as northern coup?
Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
naijaking1:

The trial and subsequent imprisonment of Awolowo has been cited as one of the reasons for the Nzeogwu coup, because if showed for the first how Tafawa Balewa was able to take control of the western instruments of power through the back door,and of course Awo' reaction that resulted in jail time.

Another vital statistic often lost by those bent on building a larger Igbo conspiracy theory was that Igbos provided most of the officer class of the army at that time. Just by numerical numbers, more Igbo officers would be involved in just about anything going on in the army at that time. Prove me wrong if you can.
Conversely, we have more northern officers in the army today, and have we always described many of their coups as northern coup?
Think about it.
I have one question to ask you based on your write up and I will appreciate it if you can give me a straight forward answer which may lead to another question.

Do the north( soldiers of northern origin ) accept responsibility for the coups that are spearheaded by them?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
naijaking1:

Think about it.
I have one question to ask you based on your write up and I will appreciate it if you can give me a straight forward answer;

Do the north ( Soldiers of northern origin ) accept responsibility for the coups spearheaded by them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Presents His Books To Jonathan (Photos) / Kazeem Ademola Alimi Buried (Photos) / RUGA Will Solve Security Challenges In Nigeria - Lalong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.