Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole (16710 Views)

Mbe Nwaniga Compares Ojukwu's Biafra To Kanu's Biafra / Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / U .S . Classified Files Reveal Untold Story Of Ojukwu, Biafra By Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by LORDOFTHEOSU: 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
Donbiggi:
are u well at All, i didnt call any tribe, n u ar here callin igbos, or are u one of those brownies dat use 2see igbo giants @9t

Do you have any sense at all? Is guilty conscience disturbing you? Or are you one of the OSU that are crying for freedom from the zoo?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 7:46am On Aug 24, 2016
blues20:

Honestly, he spoke the truth, your cognitive ability is sub-zero.
I believe you lack the ability to be objective as you go along with anything that you think boost the ego of your kind rather than reality! Why are most of you subjective and not objective for once in Your life?
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by fanyogoforever(f): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

Do I have any sense at all? Is guilty conscience disturbing me? Or am I one of the ofe mmanus that are crying for freedom from the fulanis ?
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by orisa37: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
Yorubas are Mafia. Igbos are Vengeful. Hausa/Fulani are just Ruthless.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Dedetwo(m): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2016
Demmocrats:
Whether Youraba, Hausa or Igbo we are all one. When we start seeing our selves as one and forget about the hate which our fathers and grand fathers created among themselves because of different tribe we will move forward. Biafra, Southwest and Fulani-Hausa slave mentality was creatd by our fathers which has destroyed us, why should we inherent sins of the father and causing so much division.

#One Nigeria.

Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo are not all one and can never be one. The creator cannot be a fool in creating Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Dedetwo(m): 12:07am On Dec 29, 2016
chesterlee:
The Big question still lingers?

Why did Gowon fail to adhere to the ABURI ACCORD?

This could have prevented the needless war but the man stubbornly tore the papers and declared war on Biafrans.

Posterity will always judge him!

He was a dunce called Jack and deceived by British imperialists.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Dedetwo(m): 12:18am On Dec 29, 2016
ccoolitempa:
I just don't understand with Yorubas sometimes....what possessed those people to defend people who hate us so much....never never never again.... angry

Yoruba had not defended Igbo and will never defend Igbo.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by darknetcom: 12:34am On Dec 29, 2016
Dedetwo:

Yoruba had not defended Igbo and will never defend Igbo.

rubbish..they are still doing it till today....

you are just too blinded to see...
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Dedetwo(m): 12:44am On Dec 29, 2016
darknetcom:

rubbish..they are still doing it till today....

you are just too blinded to see...

Please expatiate on your blindness and Yoruba defending Igbo.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by MayorofLagos(m): 12:45am On Dec 29, 2016
ccoolitempa:
I just don't understand with Yorubas sometimes....what possessed those people to defend people who hate us so much....never never never again.... angry

Its called lessons learnt. Never again. If biafra happened again they will never be allowed reentry or reposession of their properties. They need to get sense and use it before they go in another confrontation.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Dedetwo(m): 12:48am On Dec 29, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Its called lessons learnt. Never again. If biafra happened again they will never be allowed reentry or reposession of their properties. They need to get sense and use it before they go in another confrontation.

I guess Oduduwa Republic or even a Nigeria less Biafra will not want any form of military combat with Biafra.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by darknetcom: 12:52am On Dec 29, 2016
MayorofLagos:

they think it will go easy if uno bla bla say so...

they are forgeting the peoples can get very crazy if you provoke them too much...

no realy..this people should just migrate to europe..
we dont want trouble...

the constitution was sighned without clause for separation...and the army sweared on the constitution...

its too late now for biafra...

the nigerian army and police will still patrol your so called biafra...and if you dare hinder them,they will treat you like boko haram and the shias...

disaster....
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by honeychild(f): 1:05am On Dec 29, 2016
plaetton:

History shows that it has always been the Igbos who have seen and have Always embraced all parts of Nigeria as one, so much so that it is only an Igbo that contests an election in another part of Nigeria that is far from his hometown.
If that is NOT the EMBODIMENT of the spirit of One Nigeria, I don't know what is ?

Nope that is not the spirit of one Nigeria. As long as you remain insular and refuse to allow non igbos to do the same in Igbo land, trying to do the same in another land is not unity, it is an attempt at domination.

1 Like

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by plaetton: 1:46am On Dec 29, 2016
honeychild:

Nope that is not the spirit of one Nigeria. As long as you remain insular and refuse to allow non igbos to do the same in Igbo land, trying to do the same in another land is not unity, it is an attempt at domination.

There is no record of a non-Igbo ever trying to vie for office in Igboland, and getting hostility or push back from Igbos.

It has never happened.
Come to think of it, aside from few Housas , or those employed in federal security services, there are hardly any non Igbo settlers in any part of Igboland.
And that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with native hostility.
Again, there absolutely no history of native hostility against non Igbos in any part of Igboland.

If other Nigerians are afraid to live or invest in Igboland, it is not because of anything that Igbos or Igbo communities have done in the past.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Olabestonic001(m): 6:13am On Dec 29, 2016
asadike:
Chai! Ojukwu was such a great and powerful man when he talks,everyone listens and with rapt attention too. No opposing views,they all affirm by saying and i quote"ok ok ok". Gowon will never forget aburi accord lai lai. Lol.

I guess Ojukwu thought he had the upper hand during negotiations. That's one of his greatest undoing at Aburi. At such places you don't negotiate as a boss.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by kettykin: 6:40am On Dec 29, 2016
omoelesa:
U dont have enough weapon, u went to war thinking u could win by mere chest beating, and the same thing wants to repeat itself today.i have never seen a people who uses their heart most, than their head like the ibos.
you that have enough weapon but decided instead of using weapons to fight your fellow men but to use starvation to starve women and children , what does that make of you cowards.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by kettykin: 6:46am On Dec 29, 2016
chesterlee:
The Big question still lingers?

Why did Gowon fail to adhere to the ABURI ACCORD?

This could have prevented the needless war but the man stubbornly tore the papers and declared war on Biafrans.

Posterity will always judge him!

Now to prove to you the type of generals that the nigerian army has produced, they preferred to keep the Bakassi peninsula unwritten document which gave away the richest oil peninsular in the whole world but preferred to not to keep Aburi Accord that would have saved millions of souls on both sides.

1 Like

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by honeychild(f): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
plaetton:

There is no record of a non-Igbo ever trying to vie for office in Igboland, and getting hostility or push back from Igbos.

It has never happened.
Come to think of it, aside from few Housas , or those employed in federal security services, there are hardly any non Igbo settlers in any part of Igboland.
And that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with native hostility.
Again, there absolutely no history of native hostility against non Igbos in any part of Igboland.

If other Nigerians are afraid to live or invest in Igboland, it is not because of anything that Igbos or Igbo communities have done in the past.

Don't make me laugh. A non igbo cannot even trade in an igbo dominated market, you are talking about political office.

1 Like

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by joefelin2345: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

The part where he said the Easterners were not chasing him from the East, is really an Eye opener. The truth is, if i were him i probably would have stayed back in the East and fought on the side of those that freed me from Prison.

He could have been killed when the Eastern Soldiers Soldiers met him in Prison.

His interview, also confirmed to us what we had known for a long time, and that is, ZIK and other top Eastern Politicians were tipped off by the Eastern Coup Plotters, and that is why they were conveniently not around, when they struck.

I have also followed the stories, and the name calling of those from the West as "COWARDS" all these years. But, reading this story now, will tell you it was actually the East that played a fast one on the West, by hiding their own Politicians while killing those from the North and West.

A very interesting interview.
A point of correction pls, it was only Zik that was most likely tipped off probably by Ifeajuna . His Personal Physician attest to the trip upon trip that they had until when he had to abandon him when Zik going to Haiti after Merry go marrying round the globe. Okpara was at Enugu to see off Archbishop Macarious of Cyprus who decided to pay a visit to Enugu after the Commonwealth Conference on Southern Rhodesia now Zimbabwe in Jan 1966 in Lagos. Zik was to later return to Nigeria quietly.
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Albertone(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
joefelin2345:
A point of correction pls, it was only Zik that was most likely tipped off probably by Ifeajuna . His Personal Physician attest to the trip upon trip that they had until when he had to abandon him when Zik going to Haiti after Merry go marrying round the globe. Okpara was at Enugu to see off Archbishop Macarious of Cyprus who decided to pay a visit to Enugu after the Commonwealth Conference on Southern Rhodesia now Zimbabwe in Jan 1966 in Lagos. Zik was to later return to Nigeria quietly.

The person you quote died in 2019
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Uchek(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
You are a typical Yoruba: drunkenly and giddily ahistorical!

Rotimi47:
This interview brought light to several things;

1. Yorubas' fought on igbo side during the civil war and as such contributed to their successful exploit.

2. zik and other igbo leaders were tiped off of the coup.( why is it that no single igbo leader was killed during the coup while other tribes leaders were killed? )

3. Awolowo was not guilty of stopping food delivery to Biafra because the food meant for the civilians keep ending up in the hands of the biafran soldiers. ( Have you ever seen or heard that the United states feed its enemies when they are at war with them?)

4. Aburi addressed what the biafrans wanted but both parties still preferred war( maybe Gowon got schooled on the agreement he signed when he got back to Nigeria and he saw that he had given out too much to Biafra. )

5. The coup was the brain child of the igbos and they only invited other soldiers from other tribes who they think can help them succeed in their plan.

Questions that need answers.

1. Why attack Yoruba land called Ore in Ondo state?

2. Why was banjo the Yoruba soldier that lead the biafrans military to several victories really killed?

3. Why did the biafran military accept all the food that the civilians were handing over to them when can see that the civilians are dying of starvation?

4. Why is it that other soldiers from tribes were not involved in the main plan of the coup but the igbo coup plotters only involved some of them because they lack logistics , communication facilities & other things; they only briefed them on what they want them to know & the task they want them to perform?.

Conclusion.

Both parties are to blame for the war as they missed it one way or the other.

Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Masterito(m): 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
Don't allow hate eat you up. Atleast "those people" don't kill you in your farm or rape your women. They don't take your Land by force. Yorubas fought on the Nigerian side just a few of them who were in the East with probably no choice fought on the Biafran side.
ccoolitempa:
Re: Why I Fought On The Side Of Ojukwu, Biafra – Lt Fola Oyewole by Rotimi47: 1:23am On Sep 22, 2021
Uchek:
You are a typical Yoruba: drunkenly and giddily ahistorical!

You're a typical Igbo slowpoke who reason through his anus!!!

Your ways of comprehension is below that of a pig!!!! No wonder you have a fish brain.

Indomie kid, i will always come for you if you come for me.

Idiotic entity!!!

Nitwit, If you want to make a comment, do so by dropping facts not insult or keep you poo mouth shut if you can't! village goat!!!

I'm waiting for your response and will respond to anything you throw ( slowpoke )

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ganduje Speaks On Death Of Former Kano Governor / APC Apologises To Benin Chamber Of Commerce Over Endorsement Report / 2023: APC Not A Party To Support, They’re Destroyers – Atiku Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.